PDA

View Full Version : makin naruto dvds

5thHokage
Tue, 04-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Hey guys, just joined these charming forums. Wondering if any1 here has made their own naruto dvds yet?( First off im not gonna sell em, id buy em if they existed, just need to clear space. Im not trying to corrupt any industry blah blah etc.) I was gonna dice em up into seasons. Ep 1-25 is season 1 right? Im not sure on the boundries of season 2 or 3? Also, does anyone have good menu art or good pics that would lend themselves nicely as a dvd template? im trying to do a nice job. ...

Assertn
Tue, 04-06-2004, 08:27 PM
well.......i think it would be better to divide them up into sagas, rather than seasons
although that would be tricky, seeing as that saga 1 is about 19 eps.....while saga 2 is.....erm....60ish i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

my friend was gonna try burnin them to dvds......but i dont think he has any idea how to go about converting the compression and whatnot

lasaire
Tue, 04-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Generally the boundaries of a season are shown by new opening/closing songs. I'm too lazy at the moment to look up those specific eps. though.

naruto-kun.com as well as littlecooldude's site are full of lots of good pics for use in making a menu, but if you wanted help, list me out the specifics of exactly what you want the menu to do and I'll help you out.

5thHokage
Tue, 04-06-2004, 08:55 PM
well seeing as each DVD holds about 4.6 gigs i was gonna divide it based on size, which conveniently also splits around the same as the opening song switches. Its kinda weird tho because after Zabuza/ Haku the real story begins.

Fox Fire
Tue, 04-06-2004, 08:57 PM
yhea i do sometimes, but I don't have a good converter so i have to use the free trial ones that have the thing in the midddle....btw anyone have any good converters?

Spydek
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:47 AM
Fox fire, if you're searching for good media conversion program go to www.divx-digest.com, they have all you need there.

winnydapoo
Wed, 04-07-2004, 01:45 AM
If you are gonig to convert to MPG-1 for watching on regular dvd players (TV), then convert using TMPGEnc. It has predefined video formats for DVD and VCD.

Elessar
Wed, 04-07-2004, 05:36 AM
VCD is MPG1 - DVD is MPG2, but that doesn't really matter.

As many ppl have stated before me, you need conversion tools. TMPGEnc would be one choice. Besides of DivX-Digest check doom9.org -- a site more complete and better[tm] imho.

And sto. calculating how many Episodes you will put on each DVD-R unless you converted it. The filesize won't stay the same.

Kal-A
Thu, 04-08-2004, 01:52 AM
i just burn the episodes as data on discs and pop it into the comp whenever...then again, my dad isn't gonna be buying a dvd burner netime soon >.o it clears the harddrive easily...but then i a LOT use more discs, since only 700 mb fit in a disc, and not 4.6G as a dvd CD

Himura_san
Thu, 04-08-2004, 03:32 AM
I have 2 DVDs as backup.
DVD1
Episodes: 1-25

DVD2
Episoded: 26-49