PDA

View Full Version : Genjutsu?? Who cares

Ryno2410
Tue, 04-06-2004, 07:32 PM
We hardly see genjutsu used in the series, let alone times when it actually decides the outcome of a battle. More emphasis has been placed on ninjutsu and taijutsu, and I wanna see more battles were genjutsu plays a major role.

Rek
Tue, 04-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Well, Genjutsu is usually used for escaping, information gathering ect. so.. even tho it's important (they had a whole episode devoted to peoples Genjutsu) its not really used as a fighting technique... so very few people have genjutsu specials...

Basically its like the kunai... everyone has them, and can use them, but rarely are they the center of a fight... more of a side

get what I'm saying?

makkura
Tue, 04-06-2004, 08:09 PM
you will see some cool genjustsu soon enough.

Assertn
Tue, 04-06-2004, 08:15 PM
yes....i was actually thinking about that earlier today, but the arts of high level genjutsu will indeed appear in the future

speaking of which....we've already seen some badass genjutsu...it just seems like lately its all about the seals and the demon powers...but one of the hokages used one that put the 3rd in complete darkness, they didnt show it in the anime version, but i believe he had to rely on kiba's clan ability of enhancing sniffing powers to detect them. And dont forget that kakashi's sharingan can do some badass genjutsu on people when he's actually in a serious enough situation to require it

gokudagreat
Tue, 04-06-2004, 11:00 PM
wait can someone explain what the difference between the three jutsu's are again, i forget sakura's explanation

Lenas
Tue, 04-06-2004, 11:32 PM
Genjutsu is illusions. Taijutsu is hand to hand combat. Ninjutsu is things like Kawarimi, summoning, clones, etc.

Krbadass
Tue, 04-06-2004, 11:56 PM
shut up makkura

Gods_Son
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:16 AM
I guess that's your warning for potential spoilers. Genjutsu is like the thing Kabuto did to the whole stadium with the feathers, that put almost everyone to sleep.

v EDIT: Lakers are losing because Shaq is a tubby bitch v

Mut
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:44 AM
there is only a fine line between genjutsu and ninjutsu. illusionary techniques are part of the magical techniques (ninjutsus).

i wish there are genjutsu that can mess up people when they are performing a sequence of seals.

EDIT: WHY ARE THE LAKERS LOSING?!?!?!?! =(

Assertn
Wed, 04-07-2004, 01:59 AM
ohhh yeah....kabuto's sleep one was a pretty big one too

lasaire
Wed, 04-07-2004, 02:27 AM
there is only a fine line between genjutsu and ninjutsu. illusionary techniques are part of the magical techniques (ninjutsus).

Actually, no. Illusionary techniques ARE genjutsu, that's the meaning of the word.

Ninjutsu are elemental techniques, or those with physical results. Sasuke's fire elements are ninjutsu, as is his chidori. The various earth, fire, water and forest jutsu used in the Hokage battle are ninjutsu. Summoning techniques are ninjutsu. Naruto's kage bunshin is ninjutsu, because the clones are physical, and can strike and be felt when you hit them. The academy-level bunshin no jutsu is a genjutsu (illusion); they are just after-images, and if you look closely you can tell the difference between them. (Recall the Sakura-Ino fight.) They are not physical like Naruto's clones.

There has been some debate over whether Henge (transformation) no jutsu is nin- or genjutsu. If it was a genjutsu-based illusion, it would not be a physical transformation. However, I believe that when Sasuke throws the windmill-shuriken-Naruto at Zabuza, he proves that Henge is actually a ninjutsu, physical transformation; I highly doubt Sasuke could actually hurl the real Naruto like a windmill shuriken.

Main, kick-ass genjutsu used in the anime thus far are: (most have already been mentioned) the technique used by Kabuto with the falling feathers that puts the crowd to sleep; the Bringer of Darkness used by the 2nd Hokage (First in the manga), and the series of genjutsu used by the Mist-nin trio in the Forest of Death against Team 7 + Kabuto.

Actually, that technique used by the Mist-nins is a great example of the difference. Their clones are simple illusions: the real ninjas had to hide out and match the trajectories of the illusionary weapons with their own weapons, otherwise the illusionary weapons would pass right through and Team 7 would quickly have figured out the game. Had they been shadow clones like Naruto uses, the weapons thrown could have been solid. Also, the sharingan sees through genjutsu: when Sasuke looks at the illusionary clones, he sees not people but an outline with a glowing blob of chakra in the middle.

Quick way to tell the difference: You can touch it, or physically feel the results (I sure wouldn't want to touch the chidori!) = ninjutsu. You can see it, but can't touch it = genjutsu.

Mut
Wed, 04-07-2004, 03:01 AM
you are absolutely correct lasaire, i think i just worded what i wanted to say in very crappy way...sorry =/

but i actually meant something different. i think genjutsu is just a branch off from ninjutsus. or other way around. or even, nin and gen are branched off of the ability to use chakra. taijutsu doesn't require chakra so it's in a separate category whereas nin and gen are chakra based.

lasaire
Wed, 04-07-2004, 03:13 AM
taijutsu doesn't require chakra so it's in a separate category whereas nin and gen are chakra based.

Ahah, so THAT'S what you meant. Yeah, your earlier post was a bit confusing in wording. You're right, nin- and gen- have a common link in that they both require chakra whereas tai- does not.

sangai
Wed, 04-07-2004, 03:49 AM
but im sure that chakra can be applied to taijutsu (like isn't lee's gates a taijutsu technique that required chakra) im also sure chakra can be put behind a fist ot make it hurt more

lasaire
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:16 AM
well, that's exactly the principle behind the Gentle Fist style of the Hyuuga -- it's not the actual strikes that hurt, it's the chakra flowing into your chakra coils system.

XwingRob
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by: sangai sakusei
but im sure that chakra can be applied to taijutsu (like isn't lee's gates a taijutsu technique that required chakra) im also sure chakra can be put behind a fist ot make it hurt more

Yes, Lee is one of the best examples of using chakra to increase taijustu fighting power.
Which I guess is good since he can't "mold chakra outside of his body".

Raven
Wed, 04-07-2004, 06:08 AM
But the point is, chakra isn't absolutely necessary for Taijutsu, it's optional. It helps a lot though.

r3n
Wed, 04-07-2004, 07:23 AM
if rocklee had the hyuuga ability to channel chakra and use it with each attack, he wud be v powerful

JusDaMan
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Man if everyone had hyuuga's ability they would be very strong. doesnt matter who... if konohamaru or udon had it they would woop everyone's ass Lol.

Mut
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:31 PM
i guess the gentle fist is weird. can't it go as some sort of ninjutsu also since the 'fists' are actually only ways of sending the chakra to the opponent and it doesn't do damage?

lasaire
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:35 PM
No, I really think Gentle Fist is primarily taijutsu -- and a bloodline limit at that.

Even if Lee could exude chakra from his palms to strike and oponent, it'd be worthless without the Byakugan to actuallY SEE where to strike their chakra coils to cause internal damage. The Hyuuga just seem to be a special case.

r3n
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
Man if everyone had hyuuga's ability they would be very strong. doesnt matter who... if konohamaru or udon had it they would woop everyone's ass Lol.

no cos with rock lee, hes so fast that he can easily hit the other person, wheras some1 like sakura or naruto wud jst get knocked back b4 they got a chance half the time.

gokudagreat
Wed, 04-07-2004, 02:38 PM
thanks for all the info guys