PDA

View Full Version : Naruto needs new clothes!

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 04-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Man I'm gettin tired of that same old orange jumpsuit .. wouldn't it be cool to see Naruto get some new cooler clothes? Maybe a dark grey set of pants and a blue and black jacket or something. ANYthing.

Maybe when Naruto gets chuunin rank?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 04-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Mpre than agree. As a matter of fact, Hinata *must* lose that jacket of hers, makes her look like a six yo... She'd look much better only with that blue top she wears underneath. Kiba could lose his, too.
Shino is ok with his.
That Chunnin jacket does make the guys look a bit better, but the rest then needs a make-over ASAP.
The only one who has some fashion sense is Kurenai. I mean you outta be classy to wear a dress made out of bandages and still look good on it.

Mut
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:07 PM
i can't see naruto wearing a chuunin vest. he'd look even more goofy.

Knives122
Tue, 04-06-2004, 02:40 PM
it would be better if you saw him wear something like what Sasuke wears now only not and gay and short

sangai
Tue, 04-06-2004, 02:45 PM
sasuke wears a unitard i think its all one piece his shirt attaches to his shorts

and naruto would look badass in the chuunin uniform, he would look more professional

Death BOO Z
Tue, 04-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Naruto's outfit is refelcting his shared traits with goku,
Naruto's jackey may be a bit more complicated to operate than goku training suit, but they're both orange, meaning that even though Naruto is deeper than goku, he's still an idiot P: or that even if naruto (the manga\anime) is more complicated than DB\Z, it's still a fighting anime.

i think Naruto should stick to the black T-shirt he wears in his flashbacks (and when he was in the hospital after summoning gamabunta), it's simple and nice. Naruto doesn't need a blacker outfit like Sasuke or a mysterious one like Shino, he needs to keep it simple with basic cloths.

my guess is that Naruto will use jacket as a kawamiri to escape someone, it'll be a good symbolizem that he's grown up from the idiot he was in the start of the show...

rockmanj
Tue, 04-06-2004, 04:10 PM
maybe if he becomes chunin, he'll still wear the pants, but not the jacket...but then again some of the jounin don't wear their vests, so maybe he'll stay with the orange suit..even tho it looks like somethin you'd dress a baby in on a cold day....

JTD121
Tue, 04-06-2004, 05:39 PM
I would tend to agree with a change if clothes for Naruto.

Also, I may be a little slow, but what is 'kawamiri'?

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

GhostKaGe
Tue, 04-06-2004, 06:25 PM
my bad i stuffed uo the url and now i can't remember ou may have to save pic as to view all of ithttp://www.gurukitty.com/dee/wals/koo/naruto5_1024x768-dee.jpg

originalkrn
Tue, 04-06-2004, 06:29 PM
is it just me or can anyone else not see the pic?

Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama

The only one who has some fashion sense is Kurenai.

Who is Kurenai? Gaara's sister person?

lasaire
Tue, 04-06-2004, 06:35 PM
I can't see it either.

Kawarimi is the 'replacement technique' when they change places with a log to avoid being hit by shuriken or other attacks.

Well, part of the reason why characters seldom get a major change in wardrobe is because it's a hassle for mangaka and animators to constantly have to draw new outfits when they're more concerned with difficult to do action sequences. Big changes that last more than an episode usually have something symbolic to them: Sakura cutting her hair to symbolize she's no longer concerned with her looks over her team, or Sasuke's new darker clothes to symbolize he gradual shift to the darker side of his revenger-ness.

lionheart1012000
Tue, 04-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by: originalkrn

Who is Kurenai? Gaara's sister person?

no, gaaras sister is temari, Kurenai is one of the jounin assigned to take care of the genin. shes the leader of the team that consists of hinata, shino, and kiba.

EpoC
Tue, 04-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Hmm I wonder how naruto would look when he is about 18 and in an ANBU uniform.

however, I really think Naruto needs new clothes.
I hate his freaking costume. It makes him look so "not" cool. Naruto is cool and he should look cool.
Goku is cool and he looks cool, why can't naruto look cool to.

Mut
Tue, 04-06-2004, 10:31 PM
that's pretty cool picture of kakashi and the 4th. but i always thought the 4th was like the same height as itachi...unless that's a picture showing kakashi at a really younger age. the 4th just looks taller there.

Raven
Tue, 04-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Yeah Kakashi looks to be about 11 there, or even younger.

Naruto is supposed to wear a big, bright orange jacket like that, it's to do with his explosive personality and hyperactivity. It wouldn't have the same effect if he wore simple drab clothing.

originalkrn
Tue, 04-06-2004, 11:55 PM
damn that pic is cool omg.

XwingRob
Tue, 04-06-2004, 11:58 PM
No, Naruto does not need new clothes. He needs a huge sword to slice enemies with.

originalkrn
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:03 AM
I can't see Naruto with a sword and he doesn't need one. wait. Kurenai - wears bandages? wat? lol

5thHokage
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:05 AM
umm Naruto's orange jumpsuit is funky fresh. As long as he looks the polar opposite of Sasuke it makes sense.

Gods_Son
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:22 AM
I don't really care about changing style, they look fine the way they are. Cool pic of young Kakashi and the 4th up there.

Spydek
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:49 AM
Hinata could use a new style. Come to think of it, she could use some on-screen time too. It's been a while since we've seen her.

XwingRob
Wed, 04-07-2004, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by: originalkrn
I can't see Naruto with a sword and he doesn't need one. wait. Kurenai - wears bandages? wat? lol

But I like swords though. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

bitwar
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:01 AM
I think what the characters wear is fine the way it is. Except Sasuke, his original getup was better. It only looks ok when he's in motion, but if he's standing still and they show him from head to toe, it looks off. Maybe if there was a distinct separation between a shirt and pants, it'd be fine, but the whole one piece thing. . . Megh.

You shouldn't really mess with Naruto's costume. He's the only one in orange which makes him stand out more, which not only separates him from the other characters, it also shows his rebelious nature. Change is not always good. The reason a lot of characters wear different things and not all uniforms is to make them stand out. Now everyone jumping into uniforms would be the more sensible and logical thing to do since they are all supposed to be one big team of tools, and not individuals. HOwever for visual appeal and character distinction, everyone wears something different, though many of the characters wear clothes that are similar in color and design. Characters like Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Rock Lee, Gaara, etc all have different styles of clothes with different colors which set them appart from a lot of the others who all seem to have the same color scheme. While the costumes won't please everyone (they never do and they never will), they work, and unless it's a really superb costume that still distinguishes the character (black and gray are not good colors as they are overused as "cool"), there's no point in changing what still works. Which is why I don't like Sasuke's costume change.

GhostKaGe
Wed, 04-07-2004, 06:19 AM
naruto should wear somthing like kakashi in that pic

kilzo
Wed, 04-07-2004, 01:18 PM
This is a bit off subject and I have a feeling this has been talked about once before, but i have not seen it anywhere else in the open discussion, so i appologize for bringing this up again, But...

is there some kind of meaning to the arm band/whistle/symbol?

if anyone could clear that up, thanks. and if it was already brought up, sorry, ill look around some more.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 04-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by: lasaire
I can't see it either.

Kawarimi is the 'replacement technique' when they change places with a log to avoid being hit by shuriken or other attacks.

Well, part of the reason why characters seldom get a major change in wardrobe is because it's a hassle for mangaka and animators to constantly have to draw new outfits when they're more concerned with difficult to do action sequences. Big changes that last more than an episode usually have something symbolic to them: Sakura cutting her hair to symbolize she's no longer concerned with her looks over her team, or Sasuke's new darker clothes to symbolize he gradual shift to the darker side of his revenger-ness.

That's exactly the reason why Hinata *must* lose her jacket and stop looking as a 6 yo, as start looking as a teenager.
As a matter of fact, she looked way better in that flashback.
And for a pic of Naruto as chunnin, check the manga where he's with Gama-bunta. There's a pic of Naruto, older and wearing that jacket. He really looks cool there.

hiddenpookie
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:34 PM
who cares? hes jumpsuit is so awsome i love it!

Everon
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:55 PM
to be honest, I don't care either way. I leave it in the hands of Kishimoto to decide whether he wants to go in one direction or another.

I'm just here for the ride folks, not wanting to drive.

jing
Wed, 04-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Naruto needs to wear the Gai outfit that Gai gave him.

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 04-08-2004, 01:56 AM
imagine naruto in a the 3rds hokage battle fit, it would be kewl

Mut
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by: lasaire
Sasuke's new darker clothes to symbolize he gradual shift to the darker side of his revenger-ness.

hahahaha revenger-ness!

but yeah, i like his new darker clothes better.

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 04-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Heheh just goes to show that you can't make everyone happy lol. I bet that Naruto will have different clothes before the end of the series, but not for a while yet.

Yes, it is uncommon for anime/manga characters to change style, but it can be refreshing i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Zansatsu
Mon, 04-12-2004, 05:54 AM
Naruto definetely needs new clothes. Sasuke should wear the outfit the little Sasuke had in the flashback in episode 33. That's kewl.

EpoC
Mon, 04-12-2004, 08:50 AM
naruto has similarities to the 4th, so maybe he should start dress a little bit like him. or maybe not.

Zansatsu
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by: EpoC
naruto has similarities to the 4th, so maybe he should start dress a little bit like him. or maybe not.

Yes, he should i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Actually, almost anything would be better then that frickin' jumpsuit.

*thinks a little further*

Okay, maybe not anything.

EpoC
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:14 PM
haha that's true, almost anything would be better than that.
It would be cool if naruto would try wearing that suit gai gave to him.
but somehow I think that suit wouldn't fit him very much. ^^

AznPerson
Tue, 04-13-2004, 09:21 PM
don't worry naruto will get a new chunin jacket once he becomes a chunin

originalkrn
Wed, 04-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
And for a pic of Naruto as chunnin, check the manga where he's with Gama-bunta. There's a pic of Naruto, older and wearing that jacket. He really looks cool there.

What chapter? I think there are many pics where Naruto is with gamabunta.

Ant1Sa1nt
Thu, 08-04-2011, 07:35 PM
826827 Some cool outfit Ideas for Naruto.

darkshadow
Thu, 08-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Holy necro post.... Anyway the first one is terribly gay but the second one could work.

Ant1Sa1nt
Thu, 08-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Wow!!! I didn't realize last post was in 2004 xD

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-05-2011, 07:36 AM
passing over how can that happen..
the first picture looks like a recolored bleach image.the 2nd looks like an old Sasuke stand.
still, very nice.

Archangel
Fri, 08-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Why must he always wear a cape? Capes are lame