PDA

View Full Version : Phantom: The Animation

Lego
Tue, 04-06-2004, 03:18 AM
I was browseing anime.mircx.com tonight, looking for something new and intresting to watch. And i came across a torrent named Phantom OVA.

So i went to the offical site: http://www.kss-inc.co.jp/anime/phantom/

Altough i can't read japanese or kanji very well, from the images there, i got the feeling of what kind of show it was.

Here is the torrent if you want to check it out: http://anime.mircx.com/download/1e05720018cad1fe763c556b849a626bdce5a7f4

What the show is like, without giving two much away, is hard to do.

It revolves around two assains or "phantoms" that work for a syndicate, think the one in bebop where vicious and spike were in.

They are assigned various jobs , like kill rival bosses, and other things.

The animation is nice, altough from today's standards, looks like it was made around 99-00.

Seems the next version comes out July 25th.

It seems to be a intresting OVA to pick up with you don't have anything to watch.

Munsu
Tue, 04-06-2004, 03:29 AM
Is it raw? Subbed? Dual audio? I ask because someone had mentioned this a few months ago... something about him having some raw versions of the ova and was offering them to aone to see if they wanted to sub them... if im not mistaken it was posted in the suggestion forum.

Lego
Tue, 04-06-2004, 04:50 AM
Ah, this version is subbed, basic font.

songs are also subbed.

Its your standard japanese audio and english subs

Good show, check it out i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:00 AM
Just downloaded the first episode from the phoenix-anime channel... what an awesome episode. I get a Noir feeling when watching it; it even surpases it at times. If someone doesnt have it yet... get downloading, it is truely great.

Lego
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Yes budweineken, i went in expecting some lack luster OVA, but it is pretty good.

As i understand it, phantom is a game or a h game, most likely a H game. They made a OVA out of it.

The gun sounds are also very well done. The conflict with the main character not wanting to kill , and after he does he feels guilty, is refreshing actually.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:48 AM
this first ep is amazing live-evil's version is slick, if this anime keeps this up it'll be a great one

bwabes
Fri, 04-16-2004, 07:23 PM
This is better than Noir. My only problem is the ridiculous overuse of blood, but it's a good show anyway. I especially like the 'Engrish' in the first episode.

Lego
Sat, 04-17-2004, 06:02 AM
My only problem is the ridiculous overuse of blood, but it's a good show anyway. I especially like the 'Engrish' in the first episode

yeh, the headshot thing kinda ticked me off, i like to see bullets spray everywhere i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif . But i guess thats why there assasins.

The funny part was when the guy is "Cleaning his gun" and the chicks their lying naked....

Makes ya think.

Munsu
Fri, 01-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Sorry for necroposting, but it has come to my attention that a new TV Series will be coming out called Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and it's in some way related to this OVA. Not sure if it would be wise to watch the OVA first or just start with the tv series, as I don't know if this will be a complete remake and some of the plot points might be spoiled by watching this OVA.

Anyways, if I remember correctly, I thought this was quite a kickass OVA and if you're interested you should certainly check it out, but keep in mind the tv series that is coming. Here's the dvdrip by Exiled-Destiny on BoxTorrents:
http://www.boxtorrents.com/torrent/141860/Phantom_the_Animation_Exiled-Destiny.html