PDA

View Full Version : Does kakashi even like Naruto?

originalkrn
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:25 AM
Troughtout the whole series, Kakashi doesn't really show that much in liking Naruto. He never really smiles at him or says anything that great about him, he just acknowledges his strength. Does he even like him? Well even from the begining, Naruto pulls a prank. And when Naruto performs the resangen, kakashi even says "how did this <u>brat</u> do this move" or something like that. I dont really know, it just seems to me that even Kakashi doesn't like Naruto.

Gods_Son
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:32 AM
The reason you don't see Kakashi smiling at Naruto is because his mouth is always covered. People have brought up before that Kakashi seems to favor Sasuke over Naruto, Sasuke is just more like Kakashi, and Naruto is more like Jiraiya. I'm sure Kakashi still likes him.

v he had his eyes closed and such in the flashback from the latest episode v

originalkrn
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:34 AM
Well, you can tell when hes smiling cuz he has his eyes closed and such. Its the way anime is drawn to emphasize emotions.

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by: originalkrn
Troughtout the whole series, Kakashi doesn't really show that much in liking Naruto. He never really smiles at him or says anything that great about him, he just acknowledges his strength. Does he even like him? Well even from the begining, Naruto pulls a prank. And when Naruto performs the resangen, kakashi even says "how did this <u>brat</u> does this move" or something like that. I dont really know, it just seems to me that even Kakashi doesn't like Naruto.

i was thinking the same thing, i mean if he could teach sasuke a strong as move just bc he has the sharingan then why cant he teach naruto some strong move, plus u can kind of c that he does favor sasuke just bc he has the sharingan, well thats what i think

DeathscytheVII
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:38 AM
Im sure he cares, i mean he did buy naruto some veggies to eat in one of the flashbacks i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

IMO, the only reason he focuses on Sasuke more is because he has more trouble dealing with his problems and finding the right path than Naruto. Just a thought. But I dont think Kakashi doesn't care about any of his team members

originalkrn
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:40 AM
well, he might have to care about his health because he's his sensei and all

Raven
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Plus, he knows that Naruto is being looked after by Jiraiya, so it gives him more time for Sasuke. Kakashi is still proud of Naruto though.

originalkrn
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:46 AM
But before Naruto is looked after by Jiraiya, he is given to that stupid closet pervert guy (konohanmaru's teacher).

Mut
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:49 AM
we should all ask ourselves...is this necessary?

Raven
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:52 AM
At that point, Kakashi had bigger problems with Sasuke, like teaching him about his curse seal and how to suppress it. And don't discount Ebisu too quickly, he's an elite tutor who knows what he's talking about.

originalkrn
Tue, 04-06-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
At that point, Kakashi had bigger problems with Sasuke, like teaching him about his curse seal and how to suppress it. And don't discount Ebisu too quickly, he's an elite tutor who knows what he's talking about.

But would Naruto have won the fight against Neji if Jiraiya hadnt come? Probably, but instead his chakra would have gone seriously out of control like against Haku. Ebisu just annoys me hahaha. What you say is true tho.

CapsuleCorpJX
Tue, 04-06-2004, 04:59 AM
Kakashi likes Naruto, and probably trust Naruto more than Sasuke (if you read the manga).

He trains Sasuke because they both have the sharingan and similar abilities.

As for the use of the word "brat", it just depends on your interpretation. Brat may just mean little kid. I mean if you see a 12 year old gennin using a skill only the 4th hokage and his teacher could use, you'd be surprised too.

Stoopider
Tue, 04-06-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
we should all ask ourselves...is this necessary?

Yes it is. Kakashi's happiness is important to the welfare of the naruto fans.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Kakashi is kinda equal towards Naruto and Sasuke. However He can be more concerned for Sasuke since he's an avenger! And is more likely to do stupid things. Like Joining Orochimaru the enemy to become stronger. (If he does!! I'll KICK HIS ASS!).

And Kakashi is a better choice for training Sasuke, since they are somewhat similar when it comes to their Sharingan. And they have similar backgrounds too, more or less. Thus, you can say, Kakashi is in a way dissing Naruto.

Iznogoud
Tue, 04-06-2004, 07:52 AM
you just watch episode 51, you'll get your answer.

Uchiha-Itachi
Tue, 04-06-2004, 07:57 AM
You see kakashi make happy faces towards naruto so im pretty sure he likes naruto he even visits naruto.. should say enough to me..

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 04-06-2004, 08:50 AM
Yeah I think Kakashi likes all of his students very much, and wants the best for them. However when it comes to how much he can relate to them personally, Naruto and Kakashi are just too different.

Naruto is loud and brash and highly eccentric, which is very much like Jiraiya. Very powerful personalities, which lend well to the humor of the show, along with examples of absolute determination.

Kakashi is quiet and reflective, a bit somber (perhaps because of the tragedy that befell his original team, which he feels responsible for). Kakashi and Sasuke are just more similar, hopefully Sasuke will learn from Kakashi's example of rising above rather than turning purely to the dark side for his ambitions.

Mae
Tue, 04-06-2004, 06:14 PM
I agree. Kakashi likes Naruto well enough, but they are too different to get along really well. I don't think Kakashi really understand's Naruto's trauma the way Iruka does. Iruka is really a better replacement father than Kakashi for Naruto because he understands him and is better at supporting him and cheering him on. Kakashi knows that Naruto has Iruka, but Sasuke only has Kakashi to look after him.

lasaire
Tue, 04-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Naruto has also shown himself to be alot more resilient than Sasuke is; he doesn't need as much looking after. When something gets him down, he bounces right back instead of brooding unhealthily like Sasuke tends to.

Sasuke is a more fragile emotionally, and more likely to run off and do something stupid (as has already been mentioned) and Kakashi and the rest of the village can't afford to let that happen, so he keeps a closer eye on Sasuke.

EpoC
Tue, 04-06-2004, 09:27 PM
I don't think Kakashi dislikes Naruto more than anyone else in the team.

Kakashi usually don't smile. And I don't think he has smiled directly at either Sasuke or Naruto.
The reason Kakashi focus to train Sasuke is because he knows how to make sasuke more confident and strong just because he is like him. If naruto would have been trained by him, he would probobly not be as strong as he is now.

Moriarte
Tue, 04-06-2004, 10:24 PM
What happened to Kakashi's other team?

And I feel that Kakashi does like Naruto, but feels that Sasuke needs his help more. Naruto's indomitable spirit has helped him enough already; with Kakashi giving Naruto a few praises here and there
only feeds his desire to prove himself...to great effect.

lasaire
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Well, we know someone named Obito was killed and is now on the memorial tablet. There are various theories as to whether or not Obito is the best friend Kakashi refers to in episode 5, and/or whether or not he is the boy with headphones and a straw in his mouth in the picture with Kakashi's genin team and the 4th as their sensei.

bitwar
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:14 AM
This is really just being repititious, but this came to mind as soon as I read the initial post on this thread. I don't believe Kakashi shows favoritism towards or against any of his students. He acknowleges each of them for their strengths and their weaknesses. He trains Sasuke spesifically because he knew Sasuke had to learn to deal with fighting with the curse seal, and also because they both have the Sharingan. He makes Naruto train with Ebisu because Ebisu is an excellent teacher, especially on basics (which Naruto still lacks, he just knows how to call on Kyubi's chakra). True, Naruto may not have beaten Neji if Jiraiya had not come along. It's also possible that he might have (though not nearly as likely). If Jiraiya had come along later, Naruto may have mastered the water-walking thing, thus gaining a lot more control which would make him even stronger after learning how to summon up Kyubi's chakra. But why deal with what-if's when it's all in the hands of the writer?

I'm straying off the topic. My point is that Kakashi acknowleges and respects all his students in equal measure. If you consider "liking" to be separate from those, then I'd say he likes them equally. Does he think that they stand on different levels on different things? Of course. It would be dishonest and/or stupid to not think/know that. It doesn't affect how much he acknowleges, respects, or likes them.

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 04-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Of course Kakashi like Naruto. In fact Kakashi loves Naruto in that way. *hint* *hint* Remember Kakashi personally gave Naruto the gift, "THOUSAND YEARS OF PAIN."

Seriously, Kakashi doesn't like Naruto. It's better this way. Naruto needs to spend more time with Jaraiya anyway. There's no need for him to be learning small stuff from Kakashi, when his cantra will allow him to learn the good stuff from Jaraiya.

primalspas
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by: bitwar
He makes Naruto train with Ebisu because Ebisu is an excellent teacher, especially on basics (which Naruto still lacks, he just knows how to call on Kyubi's chakra). True, Naruto may not have beaten Neji if Jiraiya had not come along. It's also possible that he might have (though not nearly as likely). If Jiraiya had come along later, Naruto may have mastered the water-walking thing, thus gaining a lot more control which would make him even stronger after learning how to summon up Kyubi's chakra. B

uhmmm...naruto did master the water walking, right after jiraiya unsealed the elemental seal orochimaru put on his stomache

Mut
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:08 PM
why the hell would kakashi not like naruto. he likes everyone just as same.

ech3lon
Thu, 04-08-2004, 06:01 AM
if kakashi hates naruto...... how bout sakura????? he even hates her more hehehe......

NM
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Kakashi likes them all, its so easy to see. He's impressed with Naruto because of how he's grown from his childhood, impressed with Sakura because of how well she can control chakra, and impressed with Sasuke by how he can have so much chakra and know so many techniques at a Genin level. But the thing is that Naruto and Sakura hate Kakashi only when he's late for a meeting.

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:21 PM
I always liked Kakashi's excuses for being late i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif