PDA

View Full Version : ISP Currently blocking port 6969 on Gotwoots Server

Wilik
Mon, 04-05-2004, 07:56 PM
As of now we are working as best as we can to resolve this issue, we have been informed by our ISP that the reason port 6969 was blocked was due to a new windows trojan that spams on port 6969 and they blocked it to prevent an attack. We hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Please check this thread as often as possible as I will be doing perodic updates here as soon as something develops.

SD
Mon, 04-05-2004, 11:50 PM
I just have a small question, if you fix the problem, the trackers would start to work normal again or we will have to use new trackers?

Wilik
Tue, 04-06-2004, 12:30 AM
To resolve this issue we had to change the port the tracker is running on, as a result you will have to redownload the torrent files and wait for the seeds to do the same. We apologize for the inconvience.

flafson
Tue, 04-06-2004, 07:09 PM
could you please tell me the new port so i could change the tracker address manually? cos i been trying to redownload the torrent and port was still 6969

Wilik
Tue, 04-06-2004, 10:24 PM

rustam
Tue, 04-06-2004, 11:44 PM
to Wilik
I downloaded 40% of naruto41-50 and then redownloaded the torrent after this trouble. After checking existing data ABC client said that it was only 13.9% downloaded. I checked in explorer the size of files but it didn't change. It seems that bittorent client do not see some parts of files and download existing pieces again. I tried other clients and it was the same.
New torrent created the file [ANBU-AonE]_Naruto_41_50.afv but it was no such a file in old torrent. What is this file? Also I had to change the file names from [ANBU & AonE]Naruto - 41.avi to [ANBU-AonE]_Naruto_41_[38F26464].avi.
The same situation is with naruto 51-60 and 61-70.
What should I do? It is rather hard for to redownload it (average dl speed 5kbs).
All the old torrents were deleted.

MagnaPhoenix
Tue, 04-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Sorry, I'm kinda new to BT

So, I downloaded the new batchtorrent (for Naruto 31-40) and uploaded it to my Client, TorrentStorm. Now, it's working again, but the torrent still says it's using port 6969, is that supposed to be that way? I'm not sure, because now it's downloading fine, but I don't know...

Thanks

Emperor Zerg
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:38 AM
does the re-downloading part apply to everyone or just certain... um... peo-ple ((is not fluent with BT... at all))

Wilik
Wed, 04-07-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by: rustam
to Wilik
I downloaded 40% of naruto41-50 and then redownloaded the torrent after this trouble. After checking existing data ABC client said that it was only 13.9% downloaded. I checked in explorer the size of files but it didn't change. It seems that bittorent client do not see some parts of files and download existing pieces again. I tried other clients and it was the same.
New torrent created the file [ANBU-AonE]_Naruto_41_50.afv but it was no such a file in old torrent. What is this file? Also I had to change the file names from [ANBU & AonE]Naruto - 41.avi to [ANBU-AonE]_Naruto_41_[38F26464].avi.
The same situation is with naruto 51-60 and 61-70.
What should I do? It is rather hard for to redownload it (average dl speed 5kbs).
All the old torrents were deleted.

This was before the tracker went down, all the old existing batch torrents for Naruto were redone and had the files with thier hashes added. This is a simple fix, mearly rename the files you already have to match the ones in the torrents (ie add the hashes) and it should pick up where it left off.

Sorry, I'm kinda new to BT

So, I downloaded the new batchtorrent (for Naruto 31-40) and uploaded it to my Client, TorrentStorm. Now, it's working again, but the torrent still says it's using port 6969, is that supposed to be that way? I'm not sure, because now it's downloading fine, but I don't know...

Thanks

Are you sure you downloaded the torrent from gotwoot.net/torrents.php? cause I changed ALL the torrents to use http://tracker.gotwoot.net:6968

rustam
Wed, 04-07-2004, 05:04 AM
To Wilik (about naruto41-50)
There is no problem with renaming of avi files (I just run new torrent in ABC, then new files were created and I renamed the old files according to the new ones and put them instead of new avi). The problem is that I already had 40% of 1749Mb (the size of all avi 41-50) but after running of new torrent ABC said that it is only 13.9% but not a 40%.
For example,
the size of downloaded naruto 41-50 is about 700Mb (checked in explorer), the whole size is 1.7Gb (from torrent details). 700/(1.7*1024)=40% but not 13.9% as it said in ABC.
What should I do? How can I fix it?
And what is the file [ANBU-AonE]_Naruto_41_50.afv? there was no such a file in old torrent.