PDA

View Full Version : Van Helsing - what do u guys think?

Assassin
Mon, 04-05-2004, 02:08 AM
just saw the trailer for this movie comming out may 7th, 2004.......http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/van_helsing/trailer/

its seems pretty intresting, with nice special effect. not just ur typical vampire movie. plus the guy who plays van helsing is the same guy who plays wolverine (hugh jackman), and hes a pretty good actor.

what do u guys think of this movie?

bwabes
Mon, 04-05-2004, 02:17 AM
This movie's probably going to suck. All action and special effects, no plot. Of course, if you're into that sort of thing it's fine, but this movie's going to be a dime a dozen. Also, Hugh Jackman's not that good an actor. My girlfriend dragged me to see 'Kate & Leopold.' Yeah, that movie was horrible, and he didn't make it any better.

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 04-05-2004, 02:32 AM
me i think the movies going to kik ass, bc ima action kinda guy when it comes to movies, but it has to have a good storyline, plus i know one of the guys who worked on the movie so i cant disrespect him by critizing it, can i?

MemnochTheCaT
Mon, 04-05-2004, 02:42 AM
Hugh Jackman is pretty cool, I think Van Helsing is gonna be a bit thin on plot and characterization, looks like they tried to put too much into a single movie. I think the Superhero/Comic book style action movies work best when they concentrate more on central good/bad guys than introducing tons and tons of them.

I'll probably rent this, but Hellboy I'm going to go check out, Ron Perlman is kickass (Check out 'City of Lost Children')

sangai
Mon, 04-05-2004, 04:25 AM
i dunno it looks good but is a bit iffy i will see it and then ill decide if i like it or not

Raven
Mon, 04-05-2004, 05:35 AM
I think it looks ok, but nothing too special. There are other movies I want to see more.

bitwar
Mon, 04-05-2004, 05:55 AM
I see movies for a lot of different reasons. Movies like Van Hellsing are just fun mindless "watch the guy kill stuff" flicks. I think that's all they really intend to be. So I plan on going to see Van Hellsing with that in mind and enjoy it for what it is. If the two Mummy movies from this director are any indication, it should succeed in what I'm seeing it for.

Side note: Does anyone else think that his costume design resembles Vampire Hunter D? It's not exact (no big long sword, no talking hand, and he has projectile weapons), but I see a lot of similarities (especially the hat and the hair). Maybe it's just because I'm a VHD freak.

Raven
Mon, 04-05-2004, 07:46 AM
You're right about VHD. It's a combination of the style of character and the era of the two settings.

Xollence
Mon, 04-05-2004, 12:47 PM
I don't know, I think they ripped off Vampire Hunter D. It's way too similar

Uchiha-Itachi
Mon, 04-05-2004, 01:43 PM
too bad the movie has nothing to do with the anime..

Vagabond
Mon, 04-05-2004, 01:54 PM
I'll probably rent this, but Hellboy I'm going to go check out, Ron Perlman is kickass (Check out 'City of Lost Children')

Is that the one movie made by those two french directors? (Can't remember their names)

bitwar
Mon, 04-05-2004, 06:22 PM
If it's the movie I think it is, that was a French movie directed by the same guy who directed "Alien: Resurrection." I don't know if there was a second director or not. I saw the beginning of it (at least I think it was that) and it was odd for two reasons. Firstly Ron Perlman without Ron Perlman's voice is just wrong (the movie was French therefore dubbed into English on whichever channel I saw it on) and secondly, it was just a very sureal movie. Interesting though. Reminded me of "Neverending Story" on crack.

Mut
Mon, 04-05-2004, 06:24 PM
even if it's gonna suck, i think it'll still be worth my 7.50.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 04-14-2004, 02:15 AM
Ehh. I dont think that this is worth spending money on.
It is going to be the same dark genre as all of the rest
and i dont think that it will have anything new to bring to
the stories or Dracula and the gang. SO i think that i will
pass on this one. But i am there to see "White Chicks!"

i/expressions/devil.gif

Lego
Wed, 04-14-2004, 03:22 AM
Hmm... Van helsing. It looked decent, but what it looked like to me is another excuse like LEG to bring back a cast of characters: Dracula,wolfman, etc. for this guy to battle.

It looks like it will be a mostly action movie. I dunno, i might go see it, but most likely save my money and wait to see what the critics say.

Xceleration
Wed, 04-14-2004, 07:12 PM
I saw the sneak preview in the theatre, it looked pretty cool.

Gods_Son
Wed, 04-14-2004, 07:18 PM
I'll see what people say after seeing the movie before I decide, but right now it looks pretty bad to me.