PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia Agent OP translation

dormcat
Mon, 04-05-2004, 01:03 AM
As I have stated in a previous thread, I began to stick to AonE when AonE and Anime-Kraze were "competing" with Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~ and AonE's releases had better quality in both audio/visual and translation. However, this time with Paranoia Agent I found something strange.

In the beginning I found it hard to understand OP's lyric, but since Paranoia Agent has many psychological elements I guessed it's intentional. However, when I DL ep6 from Anime-Kraze (sorry for disloyalty) I found their A/V quality is still inferior than AonE, but there's something else. The first word translated in Anime-Kraze's release is "maigo" or "lost child," which is absent is AonE's translation, and the overall lyric of OP makes much more sense with Anime-Kraze's release, in which "lost child(ren)" referring to characters in the show. Then I carefully listen to the first word after "AAA~~~III~~~YAAA" is indeed "ma-i-go." I was quite astonished.

I'm still looking for the complete lyric of OP with Google but with no positive result. Any suggestion?

bwabes
Mon, 04-05-2004, 01:40 AM
I believe that the Anime-Kraze translation is correct. I haven't gone out and found the real lyrics yet, though. This could be the same sort of thing that happened with 'Louie Louie.'

Mannen xXx L
Mon, 04-05-2004, 02:19 AM
I agree

complich8
Mon, 04-05-2004, 09:15 PM
if nothing else, the lyrics are weird. There's no official lyrics yet, nor any announcement of an OST or singles that I've been able to find.

If you can find official lyrics from a real source (other than akraze's translators -- no offense of course, but if we agreed with them it'd be stealing i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif) then we'll be happy to see them.

If you can find an announcement of a single, I'll buy it and scan the lyrics sheet myself (if it comes with one)

in the case of no official lyrics though, who's right is up in the air, regardless of what you do or don't hear. I have seen akraze's op and thought that it felt like they were trying to make words fit into places, and it kinda broke up the semantics of the sentence, but with music you can't rely on semantic guidelines to tell you whether you're right or wrong.

Not like it matters all that much anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

dormcat
Tue, 04-06-2004, 02:35 AM
Hi complich8, I'm not saying your tranlation is wrong. For the "maigo" part, I got more and more confused after repeated listening, since sometimes the "m" part can be heard but not in others (e.g. the first one.) Still looking for OST/lyric; I think I found something here (http://s-hirasawa.com/info/info.htm) but I need more verification.

Thank for the answer and keep up good work! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif