PDA

View Full Version : Gilgamesh Series Discussion and Ending

Munsu
Sun, 04-04-2004, 04:59 AM
I watched the last episode of Gilgamesh the other day... I was a very good series in my opinion... But the ending was a bit confusion... if not very confusing... anyone cares to share with me your opinions on the series... especially your interpretations of the ending because I'm trying to make sense of it all

Raven
Sun, 04-04-2004, 09:22 AM
Has it finished already? I've got the first 3 eps so far, how many in total? I haven't checked up on it for a while, too many other series keeping me occupied. Don't worry, I don't care too much about spoilers so I'll continue to read this thread.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 04-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Gilgamesh was one hell of an anime!
26 episodes of coolness!

from what i understood from the ending, everyone died, or something like that...

and then Kyoko killed the countess in her own Dynamis dream world...

It was pretty messed up, but still great! I really liked the part where Enkidu comes, i was sure he's gonna shout "ENKIDU DEESU!" or something like that...

anyway, you should force some evengelion freak to watch it, so he could analayze and explain it to you

bwabes
Sun, 04-04-2004, 01:41 PM
I agree that the ending was not very satisfying. It wasn't bad, I had just expected more. I mean, the whole series seemed like it was really building to something, and at the end it kind of all evaporated.

I don't think Kyoko killed the countess at the end. That's what it could've been, but I think that was the child that she was carrying.

Munsu
Mon, 04-05-2004, 12:50 PM
I dont think she killed her own child... she was infact willing to sacrifice herself (to some degree) for the baby's sake...

I really wish there where more hints or details that could lead me to an answer... they are probably there... just have to find them... anyone else got any interpretations on the ending or thoughts on the whole series?

dinkygreg
Wed, 03-16-2011, 05:11 AM
I have been reading a couple of threads and searching online, but still confused about my purchase. Well, I am looking at buying Gilgamesh: Complete Collection DVD, but want to know your views on it before placing the order. I searched all around, but can't find many reviews on it. Hope to get best support here. Sorry if my post does not make any sense.

Thanks for your inputs

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-16-2011, 03:49 PM
it was weird. very special kind of weird. I Don't remember much of the ending, but I recall most of it to be entertaining.

although, I don't think it has much re-watch value.

vejita613
Thu, 03-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Its been a while since I've seen it. I do remember that the ending was...strange. Infact the whole series was just strange.

animus
Fri, 03-18-2011, 11:30 AM
It's weird, and the art's very crude. The reason why she got the child in the first place was so stupid it made me roll my eyes so far into my head.