PDA

View Full Version : Ranma 1/2

kira_blade
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Its 167 eps right? I was wondering, is it like Dragonball (not Z or GT)? Is it action-based or comedy-based or romance-based etc.? Any good info on this series is appreciated!

SamuraiOdin
Sat, 04-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Its more comedy-based than anything, but the action in it is still really cool.

lasaire
Sat, 04-03-2004, 05:23 PM
It's an older series, by the same artist who does Inu Yasha, Rumiko Takahashi. In fact, I think it's her first major success; her other big-name series is Urusei Yatsura.

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 04-03-2004, 05:48 PM
It's comedy, romance and martial arts.... And it's great, you kind of get used to it and see all the patterns in it after a while, but for me that's okey... I like this anime a lot. And if you watch it dubbed, i must say that this is one of the best dubs ever.

Destiny
Sat, 04-03-2004, 06:52 PM
It's an alright anime, great humor. Not the best anime out there but it's fun to watch

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Ranma 1\2?
long, repatetive, nothing changes, no ending, no romance whatsoever after the first two seasons, no important charecters after the forth season, and without the few best Sagas in the manga...

But still, FUN AS HELL!

it was supposed to be comedy\action\romance based, but it evolved into a mainly Comedy with action, the romance part is still in the manga, like the series conclusion.

I guess whethear you'll like it or not depends on how you deal with other animes of this kind, if you liked Slayers or Inuyasha, you'll probably feel great with this, and if you like animes that have seperate plotlines for each episode, then you'll feel right at home with Ranma...

It's not the best anime, but if you're a heavy watcher, then this anime could provide you with about two weeks of off and on Fun, if you like focused animes, then this isn't the thing for you.

kira_blade
Sat, 04-03-2004, 08:50 PM
and if you like animes that have seperate plotlines for each episode, then you'll feel right at home with Ranma...

Awwwww. I absolutely hate Cowboy Bebop beacause of it's episodic nature, so I won't like Ranma 1/2.