PDA

View Full Version : naruto need more seeders!

Gigi17
Fri, 04-02-2004, 04:45 AM
I know you guys got lots of projects but it will be nice if you guys can seed them all. from 1 - 77 so that things can do it faster an it won't take long either.

thanx i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Rek
Fri, 04-02-2004, 08:05 AM
you have any idea how hard it is too seed after you've closed it?
....so just deal with it, or use KaZaA... I had to for liek 5 episodes -_-

Gigi17
Fri, 04-02-2004, 09:54 AM
kazaa no way it take me forever to download it... oh well it will take me weeks to download 1-10.... sigh.......................

Raven
Fri, 04-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Get them of IRC. You'll get top speeds, well you should anyway.

Zaku Abumi
Fri, 04-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Or use Direct connect (DC++) there will you find everything http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/

SofaKing
Fri, 04-02-2004, 12:03 PM
I'd seed, except that you've changed most of the torrents (I still upload more than I dl though). Wait, 77 is out?

Shinegami
Fri, 04-02-2004, 12:12 PM
I have all 77 ready to seed but I have to punch a hole through my Universities FireWall...Tough to said the least. Its got NAT reverse IP scripts but once i break it I can seed all 77

Medion
Fri, 04-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Once in a while I'll go to animesuki.com and help seeding the episodes with few seeds. The last time I checked, *all* episodes had a nice amount of seeds going on. Also I was unable to help anymore with older episodes, because no-one downloads the releases I got (most TW, up to 33), downloading the episode packs instead (1-10, 11-20, etc).

And the packs are often well-seeded. I don't get why you're complaining.

itachi_
Fri, 04-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Narrow people, sigh, Use mIRC.

Shinegami
Fri, 04-02-2004, 12:21 PM
mIRC...aint going to happen...right now mIRC service blows! Believe me i had mIRC back in the day and its progressivly gotten worse and worse. Lets try to stick to something less old-school.. And BTW, I head TW was re-releasing all of the episodes resubbed and all.

itachi_
Fri, 04-02-2004, 01:26 PM
What are you talking about, I've downloaded almost all anime i've got from mIRC and that's about 300 gb, I think it's great..

Assertn
Fri, 04-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by: itachi_

wouldnt you be the narrow person then? mIRC IS, afterall, the oldest of the available download methods

geez, get with the times i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Gigi17
Mon, 04-05-2004, 06:39 AM
no i'm not narrow an i won't be the only one complainting any way.. well. i manga to get it up all the way to 22.3% in 3days. then it stop with 0 seeds an 0 peers don ask me i dunno why either....... here a image to show you the proof (http://www.geocities.com/xingxing_16/untitledgf.jpg)

Elessar
Mon, 04-05-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Originally posted by: itachi_

wouldnt you be the narrow person then? mIRC IS, afterall, the oldest of the available download methods

geez, get with the times i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

After trading of VHS tapes between anime fanclubs the first digital fansub groups evolved using the usenet as the medium of choice to share anime. IRC being still the primary release medium has nothing to do with being narrow or oldschool. FanSubs are community work, the ppl want to talk to and with the guys they do this for.

Putting things on anon-ftp would have been a possibisity right from the start. But simply putting the releases into p2p networks is not what evolved to what anime-fansubbing is right now. The reason for Bittorrent being so successful for animes and being adopted for that way before other file swapping genres is:

anime got popular, the needed bandwith isn't bearable anymore
the not-searchable .torrent distribution way is not a problem compared to normal p2p as there are ways to distribute them to the fans not too anonymously without losing contact (irc, http-based gathering spots like gotwoot etc)
it is getting harder and harder to get a few big lines and much much easier to get a lot small ones
too many stupid morons that noone misses on IRC and hopefully leave because of other sources

I do not now about the status quo, but back then when napster started the groups did not want ppl to put their files into p2p because distributon in p2p networks can't be ceased when the title got licensed. Always remember, this is not about you getting anime for free, this is about showing companies that there is a market and in what version (language etc) ppl want their anime and getting people the animes that will never leave japan until even those will leave it.

'Nuff said.