PDA

View Full Version : Official Naruto 77 Discussion **SPOILERS**

lasaire
Thu, 04-01-2004, 12:51 PM
With the release of Bakasan's sub of 77, this opens this week's new Naruto episode thread!

So, let's see what everyone thinks!

Fei
Thu, 04-01-2004, 12:59 PM
They need to stop doing flashbacks to the previous episode, its just a huge waste of time.

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 04-01-2004, 01:01 PM
The only thing i have to say is that i shouldn't have read the manga 'til the end of the invasion. Now all of the anime is boring because i only want to see the fight... I will never ever read anything more from the manga.

Stoopider
Thu, 04-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Thats not true!! You'll miss the wonderful flashbacks! And the slow paced 'tensions'!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Another day...another episode...another flashback...
Oh, sorry... it's the *same* flashback.
I am wondering if Kishimoto-sensei needs money to pay for conseling for Gaara. Ok, ok...I will donate sumptin...

There, fixed it.
K

LawnDawg
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Meh, looking at the preview for the next ep, it looks like they're going straight into the fight. If that's the case, then 77 is a perfect building block.

Though they could've done away with 76.. but I guess Chrno does need some air time too.

lasaire
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Well, I honestly didn't mind the flashbacks too much. From here on out it's straight fighting, and the tension needs to build first.

Didn't Naruto have the BEST finishing line ever? It's honestly probably my fave of the whole series. "To him..only to him...I don't want to lose even if I die!"

Sharingan 3y3
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:15 PM
man i got my avator and my sig working hahaha, but about our topic, i think next episodes gonna have more fight into it than flashback, naruto is getting rdy to kick some butt

PaD
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:15 PM
What? Naruto episode 77? Where?

sangai
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:50 PM
this is just the topic discussion anbu hasn't released it but bakasan has

but if this one has had flashbacks it should be only like two quick ones but it looks like they continued some over

but if thats the case it looks like 78-81 will be where all the action is

maybe they want the good animation team to do the all the good scene dunno

but hopefully the flashbacks will be done with for a while and the action will follow

Jman
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
Another day...another episode...another flashback...
Oh, sorry... it's the *same* flashback.
I am wondering if Mishimoto needs money to pay for conseling for Gaara. Ok, ok...I will donate sumptin...

counseling for gaara huh? yea that kid is unstable. real trauma case.
heh just noticed u wrote Mishimoto....hmm mishimoto kasashi <--evil clone

anyhow damn flashbacks. waste of production cels and paint.

EpoC
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Now the flashbacks are all over! hopefully.

Thi3f
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:02 PM

PaD
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Gonna download it now -- if i only knew how to get it!11

Sharingan 3y3
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:12 PM
ok guys, say if you download the bakasan version of 77, would it still play? cuz last time i downloaded bakasan it didnt , just wondering

EDIT: ok guys im downloading bakasan 77, if it works, ill be ahead of yall, i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Hyuuga Hinata
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:26 PM
I hated this ep with all my heart.
They have to stop those boring flasbacks and give us something exiting

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by: Thi3f
anyone downloaded Live-Evil's sub of the episode? ^^
if youre up for a laugh, i recommend it =P

Could you post a link? I couldn't find it...

Sharingan 3y3
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:46 PM
sure thing here http://www.bakasan.net/
just pick the 77 one, and oh btw do u see my new avator? tell me if u do and tell what it is

lasaire
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Ok, Sharingan 3y3, first of all you need to stop spamming with requests about your sig/avatar. Post over in the test thread if you need to find out if it works.

Secondly, if you're having issues with the Bakasan sub, install the newest version of the xvid codec...I did and it fixed everything.

Gods_Son
Thu, 04-01-2004, 06:07 PM
The episode was a waste of time, the next episode will be more excited, unless they somehow manage to keep playing the same flashbacks over again.

Sharingan 3y3
Thu, 04-01-2004, 07:45 PM
sry lasaire no need for that now, got eveyrthing fixed, and oh thanks for the help

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
The episode was a waste of time, the next episode will be more excited, unless they somehow manage to keep playing the same flashbacks over again.

Not, really. My admiration for Gaara grew. He may be insane, but he's not stupid.
I say that based on his words: your worthless friends, while looking at Sakura and Sasuke.
Even when Naruto thinks of them, the best he can remember is both of them bashing him.
Naruto is clueless i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Other things:
1.The guy on the street *was* Gaara's father and he was already the Kazekage at that time... one can say that that village has no class or is very weird. One day the Kazekage is loafing on the streets. the other, he is behind a curtain and nobody can talk to him directly.
2. There's is a high probability that those two kids around the Kage are Kankuro and Temari. While Temari doesn't look like Gaara's mom at all, Kankuro totally looks like the Kage. Somehow, though he got fatter as he grew up, so one can start questioning obesity as a genetic trait.

Assertn
Thu, 04-01-2004, 08:00 PM
you guys arent complaining about the new stuff from gaara's past, are you?
::sigh::.....some people just need to stop watching this series and posting in these discussion threads

i thought this episode was very emotional....a great buildup for this fight

Outtawack311
Thu, 04-01-2004, 09:38 PM
3 Words... Worst Episode Ever....
3 more words.... Waste of Time.....

jonny-mt
Thu, 04-01-2004, 11:08 PM
I thought this was a really great episode for a lot of reasons. First off, this is getting pretty much all the flashbacks and introspection out of the way, so from here on out it should be pretty much just straight fighting. I mean, Gamabunta is next week; come on!

I was also a huge fan of their presentation. They took a few liberties over the manga, but every single one of them payed off, most notably the scene with the giant burning sun in the desert. They also did a wonderful job of presenting Naruto's introspection, especially the scene where he is reflected in the distorted mirror. I thought the artwork was top-notch, and the storytelling was wonderful. A well-done episode.

Kagari
Fri, 04-02-2004, 12:01 AM
I love the opposite extremes of posters in this thread....there are intelligent watchers, (i.e. jonny-mt, assrtnfailure, and neji-aniki-sama).....

and then there's the little dbz mites who think anything without huge jutsus and battle scenes is a waste of time (outtawack, konohamarucorps, and fei to name a few.)

I wish these people would stop posting, it's gets quite iirtating to learn that all you have to contribute is "BOOO NO MORE FLASHBAKCS WGHERES THE JUTSU OMFG"

Well, anyways....I loved this episode, it was incredible. Amazing flashbacks, I can't believe Yashamaru....the way the displayed gaara's "transformation" to evil (with the changing eyes turning mighty red) was awesome, I feel sooo bad for gaara...

also, I felt this episode was a HUGe step for naruto...I think he's truly matured as a character, and this episode proves it. He understands gaara's plight, understands how they are similar, and also how they are different....plus, he's no longer afraid to die i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

78 is gonna be bomb, lets get bigger frogs! Anyone think that little dude can do anything?!

sangai
Fri, 04-02-2004, 12:20 AM
great episode and thats with my bad codec i could barely watch it i actaully liked this episode i went back and checked the manga once again this episode follows it preety welll

and hell yeah he summoned gama kichi totally shocked by his voice made me laugh

the next episode is great

(you know i have the new codecs like not the newest but the video is all scrammbled ill get clean shots and then totally un see able blure across the screen, can someone please suggest the proper codec's liket the name and version.) can't wait for anbus i can always play those episodes

Thi3f
Fri, 04-02-2004, 01:23 AM

lasaire
Fri, 04-02-2004, 01:26 AM
There's been a new xvid codec recently, that's what the problem with Bakasan's is..I had the same issue. Search it out and d/l it.

BTW, I agree 100% with what Kagari said above.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-02-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by: Kagari
I love the opposite extremes of posters in this thread....there are intelligent watchers, (i.e. jonny-mt, assrtnfailure, and neji-aniki-sama).....

Wow! i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif Domo arigatou gozaimasu, Kagari-dono i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
I shouldn't say that, but I do bitch a bit about the flashbacks...
I don't totally dislike them, some of them are pretty cool and necessary to the story. I mean, without plot, it would make more sense to go watch the WWF, but huh, a flashback inside a flashback...Well, actually, I am kind of anxious to see everybody in action...There are so many ninjas with cool techniques and one can easily assume that the won't stay at home...

Outtawack311
Fri, 04-02-2004, 02:07 AM

and then there's the little dbz mites who think anything without huge jutsus and battle scenes is a waste of time (outtawack, konohamarucorps, and fei to name a few.)

I wish these people would stop posting, it's gets quite iirtating to learn that all you have to contribute is "BOOO NO MORE FLASHBAKCS WGHERES THE JUTSU OMFG"

Blow me dude, I just dont believe that it was necessary to see the Naruto flashbacks. We knew all about Naruto being secluded and hated, i dont need to be told every other episode. How stupid do they think we are? Seriously, do they really think we are 5 year olds who forget that no one likes him after 2 episodes. Its actually kind of degrading knowing what they think of us. I dont need fighting, but a little excitement besides Naruto getting pelted with sand is all i ask. If you look at better animes like Hunter x Hunter or FMA they get more story and more excitement in every episode. I dont see why it is so hard for the creators of Naruto to do something similar.
Stop catagorizing me because you think you know my type, you dont. If you look down on someone for something this stupid then you might as well kill youself now, your not going to get much enjoyment out of life.

Assertn
Fri, 04-02-2004, 02:09 AM
yes thanks for the support i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
i myself was actually looking forward to the gaara flashbacks for quite some time now

Outtawack, would you have caught the connections between naruto and gaara if they didnt point it out? would you have considered how close naruto was to leading a life like his, and how a slight change in 2 kids pasts completely change the motivations that they fight for at this moment in time?

Maybe you saw it a mile away, but the series works on so many layers that its an easy detail to miss....and you'd lose alot on the significance of the fight if you didnt catch it.

my complaint about this episode: did they have to make that frog's voice so annoying??

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 04-02-2004, 02:30 AM
I've only seen the raw, but this is still one of my favorite episodes of all time. INCREDIBLE animation, INCREDIBLE flashbacks, and the beginning of one of my favorite fights from the manga. Perfect place to end the episode. Can't wait for ANBU translation.

sangai
Fri, 04-02-2004, 02:54 AM
was it me or did gaara say in one seen fight with me (durig the fight only for yourself talk

Outtawack311
Fri, 04-02-2004, 03:13 AM
Hey, yes i would have caught the comparrison between Naruto and Gaara. Wanna know how? They have compared the way they live at least 2-3 times before. Like I said, they think we are morons by repeating it over and over, then when they meet they lengthen an unnecessary explaination to put the fight off and keep everyone in suspense when they dont need to.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-02-2004, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

my complaint about this episode: did they have to make that frog's voice so annoying??

Cuz it's an annoying character. If Sakura were able to summon anything, guess how it would be like?
Maybe it's sorta hint of how her summoning jutsu will be...All in all, I think it would be a good pet for her.
Pakkun is too useful to be her summoning animal of choice.

Assertn
Fri, 04-02-2004, 03:43 AM
you're assuming she ever learns the summoning technique......
it DOES take alot of chakra to perform afterall, regardless of how well you can control it

sangai
Fri, 04-02-2004, 03:46 AM
but eventually maybe she could do it maybe right now she could pull off a small thing around the size of gamakichi but she would tired from it

Assertn
Fri, 04-02-2004, 03:53 AM
well.....perhaps something the equivalent of a tadpole if she's lucky....keep in mind naruto most likely has the highest chakra stamina out of all the genins (and im not talking about kyubi's power, either), and even so, a frog gamakichi's size appears to be the extent of his power.

sangai
Fri, 04-02-2004, 03:59 AM
well i always assumed that the size was do to his inability to channel chakra properly i mean he seems to have enough enery to do other things afterwords and i bet he could do something a lil bigger.

Assertn
Fri, 04-02-2004, 04:02 AM
yeah.....while naruto may be able to perform the most complex jutsus, how well effecient they are is hard to predict
the frog is a good example of that, as well as how sometimes he'll create 5 bunshins, and then sometimes he'll get 50
im sure sometimes the smaller #s are on purpose.....but i dont think he's been able to create as many as he did in the 1st episode yet

anyway......im goin to bed.....see ya

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-02-2004, 04:03 AM
you're assuming she ever learns the summoning technique......
it DOES take alot of chakra to perform afterall, regardless of how well you can control it

Sheesh, give the gal a break...heh, hehi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Yer mean... I already know that...

sangai
Fri, 04-02-2004, 04:16 AM
no seriously, sakura is a so so character shes alright if she would grow up a bit.

and on another not but was it me or did gaara say we should fight together.

time idex 18:59 gaara did say fight with me is that a translation error.

riftwing
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:03 AM
He can create the same amount of kagebuushins as in the 1st episode essily. Its just that when you use kagebuushin the chakra gets distributed evenly. So the more you make, the weaker each one is.

Uchiha-Itachi
Fri, 04-02-2004, 07:01 AM
Nice episode i love the background explanation of the characters. Cute lil frog Naruto summoned ^^.

[off topic]

Unlike most of the others kiddo's here who come screaming, whining, yelling and crying for there mommy's everytime there was some background information (flashbacks) in the episode wich they don't seem to be care of cuz they're too stupid to understand it anyways and are only watching it for the fighting scene's.

Should really piss of or quit being on this Naruto forum, cuz you just make yourself look stupid and immature.

If you want non stop fighting you should look erm.. erm.. DBZ? (puke) cuz you guys are on the same lvl as this piece of shit..

God.. can we have some nice and mature (!!) discussions on this forums pls instead of whining all the time for crying out loud..

[/off topic]

kthxbye~~

Rek
Fri, 04-02-2004, 08:01 AM
...or maybe its just showing that he's not in as life threatening of a situation as he was in falling off a cliff (I mean, he's underrating himself again) and we haven't seen this froggy in action, so maybe he can do something useful (liek Kamakazi) and, about the flashback dealy

- sure, maybe someone might have picked up on their similarities (I did, and a few others have mentioned it) but this layed it out... and to the people that are saying this is the worst episode ever, then you need to find a different anime to follow. Because this episode added depth to what were originally shallow characters. I used to think that Gaara was a total pussy for freaking out over killing his mother, but then finding out that he was never loved... wow. And Naruto. They never said before that he HATED the villagers. Can you imagine what would happen if he had actual power before getting the Kage Bushiin No Jutsu? Holy hell... he'd be stronger than Gaara, no problem... The Nine Tailed Fox is stronger than that Sand Demon thing. (hence the "The Kyuubi" and "a sand demon that we happened to have sitting in a jar ...damn uncle steve ...never trashes anything"

RaZzy
Fri, 04-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Man i loved the episode... great flashbacks , nice animation ... let the fight begin ! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

bah ... I think 79 is gonna be bad animation (not 78)

NL|MegaMika
Fri, 04-02-2004, 08:48 AM
If they keep going like this, they will exceed the Frieza fight in episodes. Gaara says the same every episode, you see the same Hokage vs Orochimaru part in every episode, it gets boring. Just leave out all the Gaara talk and put that flashback about his history in one episode. Also let Sarutobi die (by Orochimaru's sword or his own technique) and let us know what happens with Oro, but don't go the way you are going now.

Kagari
Fri, 04-02-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by: Outtawack311
Hey, yes i would have caught the comparrison between Naruto and Gaara. Wanna know how? They have compared the way they live at least 2-3 times before. Like I said, they think we are morons by repeating it over and over, then when they meet they lengthen an unnecessary explaination to put the fight off and keep everyone in suspense when they dont need to.

....it seems a waste to respond, but i'll try my best: The last time they made a comparison like that was episode 58, in the hospital room. People who don't have the luxury of owning every single episode on their PC will have a hard time remembering exactly what happened 4 months ago, coach.

The series is not meant to speed through every story, and they are HARDLY repeating things over and over. Learning abhout yashamaru and his sister, learning about gaara's name,The change of gaara from good to evil? how is that repeating?

The only 'Repeat" was a 2 minute segment where naruto reflects on his life, which is so incredibly important to his developpment as a character. It's a shame you don't understand the importance of these flashbacks and recollections.

Medion
Fri, 04-02-2004, 12:30 PM
The flashbacks are not the problem. Flashbacks are necessary to explain characters' past, and in a lengthy series, it's required to keep people from having to hunt old episodes down in order to have a bare understanding of what's going on.

But the way it's being done right now in Naruto is utterly pathetic. The Gaara's past + Naruto's comparsion could've easily been compressed in a single episode. All they needed to do was to dedicate a whole episode to it, instead of diluting it across three episodes, what completely removes any possible tension and antecipation.

It's ridiculous seeing Sarutobi and Orochimaru in the very same position for a whole month, because they must wait until Naruto finishes Gaara off so they can move on. Serisouly. It's as if time stopped after episode 74.

The main problem here is that the last four episodes have been nearly identical, and little to nothing changes/happens in each episode, and I'm not talking about fighting. The pacing is horrible right now, and I hope they get it fixed up after this mess gets to an end, because Naruto has been getting less and less interesting every episode after 70 or so. FMA, as example, is doing a much, much better work with episode pacing.

Assertn
Fri, 04-02-2004, 01:40 PM
what? no way.....the gaara flashbacks alone add up to at LEAST 1 episode, and thats if you take out the oro stuff, the gai/kakashi stuff, and the stuff with gaara beating up sakura and talking to naruto. Keep in mind also, that they didnt even add much extra to the flashbacks from the manga and it still took that much time (sure the scene with gaara and the sunset with his mom and stuff wasnt in the manga, but it was played at the same time that the important dialogue was presented, so it didnt really add to the time anyway). In fact the only part of the flashbacks that added time was when gaara put yashamaru's finger in his mouth i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

the point is, it wouldve taken 2 eps to cover the flashbacks and naruto's past.....after all of it was said and done, they prolly had only 6 or 7 minutes between BOTH episodes left over, so instead of starting the actual fight and ending it at a really awkward position, they filled it with scenes involving the gai and kakashi and extra dialogue between naruto and kakashi. being able to divide up episodes in a logical way is a good practice to follow

Terracosmo
Fri, 04-02-2004, 01:52 PM
I am going to kill something if they don't stop showing the Hokage/Orochimaru scene 5 secs in every episode.

Kagari
Fri, 04-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I am going to kill something if they don't stop showing the Hokage/Orochimaru scene 5 secs in every episode.

they are still fighting while all this is going on....what, would you have them leave it out for a whole month?

RaZzy
Fri, 04-02-2004, 03:49 PM
oro vs the hokage is a really important fight... i can't remember if it ends after or be4 the naruto fight in the manga, cuz i havent really read it that well (luckily!!)..
But if it would end right away ... most of the tension would be gone by now and no one would care about naruto and gaara.

Terracosmo
Fri, 04-02-2004, 04:04 PM

they are still fighting while all this is going on....what, would you have them leave it out for a whole month?

No I would have them NOT DOING THE SAME THING EVERY TIME. I am SICK of seeing Orochimaru pull the sword further in with that recycled pose he does with his hands. I -know- that it's for those who perhaps missed an episode and all that, but showing practically the same footage every episode is just plain lazyness.

Oh and despite that I think they handled Gaara's past really well with the scenes they added.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-02-2004, 04:24 PM
[
Oh and despite that I think they handled Gaara's past really well with the scenes they added.

I have to admit, that, after the 5th time I saw it, I started feeling sorry for him. And, no, I didn't like the episode, I am just making some screencaps...heh, heh
I normally watch each episode 10 times, but those last two are worth watching only 5 times...definitly we should start having some action now...DBZ is a bit dumb at this point to fill my spare time.
But really, on with the Hokage fight. I love the guy, was saaaaaad that he's almost done for, loved the Konoha flashbacks but really... even the Shinigami must be like...listen, Oro is not the only guy I have to wack...Do you know know many people kick the bucket every second in this world? And all under my supervision?????

lasaire
Fri, 04-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Ok, the reason why the flashback of Hokage vs. Oro keeps being shown:

The have been locked in this stalemate the whole time! This is only a device to show us that yes, the fight is still continuing and that it's happening simultaneous with the fights of the rest of the village.

Outtawack311
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Did I ever say that the Gaara flashback was bad? I liked it, I HATED the Naruto one though. We know all about the villagers and Naruto, stop repeating so many times.

If the Hokage fight was so important why did they show it first?? They could have found a better way of doing it instead of finishing the fight then just showing the same ending scene for 324887324987235 episodes. This war so far is pretty boring compared to the matches and the Zabuza fight(not saying its bad though, dont twist my words).

Gods_Son
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:30 PM
The flashback is necessary to Gaara's character, I just don't really care for him. The only thing that's bothering me is the Hokage/Oro thing getting dragged on. Just seems like a waste of time, they should just not have shown that same clip through the past few episodes, and then showed the ending to the fight later on.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by: lasaire
Ok, the reason why the flashback of Hokage vs. Oro keeps being shown:

The have been locked in this stalemate the whole time! This is only a device to show us that yes, the fight is still continuing and that it's happening simultaneous with the fights of the rest of the village.

Well, it's parallel editing...like meanwhile, in Konoha...but it's easier to use it in a movie, that has around 100/120 m than in a weekly episode format...at least for the feeling I am getting. In a movie things would go faster and more integrated with the whole, while here, one has to be a genius editor to integrate that fight in a seamless manner...If you consider one isolated episode, it's like where does that come from??? a short sequence in the middle of the Naruto fight that itself has two flashbacks... I am sure that when I watch the whole arc all at once, the transitions won't be so abrupt. I see the Oro fight more problematic in term of *movie language* if I can say so, than, in terms of plot.

ZeaLitY
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:51 PM
You also have to be mindful of the entire anime vs. manga problem. If the anime were cut and clean, it would catch up too quickly with the manga, meaning an entire story arc would have to be devoted to filler. This is what killed Rurouni Kenshin -- the filler arc meant to give the artist time to continue the manga sucked so bad it killed the show.

I enjoy having the extra stuff that appears in the anime; it's like listening to a longer remix of a song. The crappy flashbacks make the fight sequences sweeter, and the excellent flashbacks, such as the ones of this episode (Naruto's dark hell was amazingly good), are crucial to good character development.

Everon
Sat, 04-03-2004, 12:44 AM
bleh coming to these forums is a waste of time nowadays. All i hear is GET ON WITH THE FIGHTiN'. LETS GET IT ONNNW! Yes it seems repetitive that we see Naruto saying he's been hated by everyone, but ya know, he also says that his friends are what kept him sane, and prevented him from turning into something like Gaara. Yes, Naruto in the hospital knew that Gaara and he were similar, but it is only till now that we get what makes them different.

I didn't find flashing to Oro in Hokage to be the best choice in time usage, but i think they're doing overall a great job.

(Really I understand that you guys like naruto, but if you become way too critical of the show you will start to hate it. )

HimizujinEternia
Sat, 04-03-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by: Everon
bleh coming to these forums is a waste of time nowadays. All i hear is GET ON WITH THE FIGHTiN'. LETS GET IT ONNNW! Yes it seems repetitive that we see Naruto saying he's been hated by everyone, but ya know, he also says that his friends are what kept him sane, and prevented him from turning into something like Gaara. Yes, Naruto in the hospital knew that Gaara and he were similar, but it is only till now that we get what makes them different.

I didn't find flashing to Oro in Hokage to be the best choice in time usage, but i think they're doing overall a great job.

(Really I understand that you guys like naruto, but if you become way too critical of the show you will start to hate it. )

Everon, that is one of the most intelligent things I've ever heard uttered on this board. you have justified the flashbacks I appreciated already even further.

I was also semi upset with the Oro/Hokage flash-to, but at least we still know that the fight is still going on.

And as for your final statement, I find it all too true. I have a friend who seems to be unable to watch anime because he doesn't like to just watch and enjoy. He really only watches Star Trek, and so was waned into the idea that there is always an alegorical meaning to everything and that each episode has to be self contained. He also hates cliffhanger endings. Watching LastEXILE, he doesn't focus on characters or plot; instead, he focuses on how the military strategy is so realistic. Watching Scrapped Princess, he reads so much into things that he figures out one of the premises of the show by a mere assumption two episodes in.

In short, just watch and try to see more than just what you're looking for in something. If you only look for fighting in NAruto, you're missing out on a really well written plot; if you only look for plot, you see all fights as "KAge Bunshin fests" when in reality, each fight has it's own unique nature. Just try to see the broad picture in everything. I guarantee, it will improve your enjoyment.

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Good saying, now you only need to explain it too the hardheaded kids in this forum (Good Luck) >.>;;

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:52 AM
oh btw any admins here that are still alive and are willing to help a person?

How do i add my own avatar of choice instead of the stupid list you can choose from??

thx i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Sat, 04-03-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha-Itachi
oh btw any admins here that are still alive and are willing to help a person?

How do i add my own avatar of choice instead of the stupid list you can choose from??

thx i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=8390&enterthread =y

sexy_no_jutsu
Sat, 04-03-2004, 06:10 AM
finally, a decent episode. loved the art and the quality of the flashbacks...very touchy^^

kage_bunshin
Sat, 04-03-2004, 06:28 AM
it was a pretty good episode i guess!

but i sometimes wish the previews don't hype up the next episode too much. Like for e.g, the naruto 77 preview shown on naruto 76 made me think that gaara and naruto were gonna fight in the whole episode!Personally when i see a preview like that my expectations go up really high!

Rek
Sat, 04-03-2004, 09:16 AM
...personally, I never watch the previews... partially because I'm so damn eager to watch the next episode, partially because when I can't seee the next episode, I suffer withdrawl... which lead to varied symptoms, like becoming skinnier than a Coked Up Whore, shaking, and taking 3 freshman, giving them a dollar to wear blue rags on their heads, and help me jump people.

It's kinda funny to the 2 people that get the reference.

itachi_
Sat, 04-03-2004, 11:51 AM
I have a grudge against these guys a.k.a narutards that just keep complaining about the fights that there are none, just enjoy the series because it's good, if not just listen to the music it's fantastic. This episode was great, awesome flashbacks as well. I really liked the music in the end, first very silent, then higher, higher, it was really good.

?igma
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:10 PM

Well, anyways....I loved this episode, it was incredible. Amazing flashbacks, I can't believe Yashamaru....the way the displayed gaara's "transformation" to evil (with the changing eyes turning mighty red) was awesome, I feel sooo bad for gaara...

also, I felt this episode was a HUGe step for naruto...I think he's truly matured as a character, and this episode proves it. He understands gaara's plight, understands how they are similar, and also how they are different....plus, he's no longer afraid to die i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

78 is gonna be bomb, lets get bigger frogs! Anyone think that little dude can do anything?!

This ep was AWESOME, I almost start loving Gaara i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
these episodes give us the best flashbacks possible, because at this point in Naruto two directions of the human psyche are shown, loneliness can get u mad (course that demon might have helped) or it get you very stubborn. It's showing us an epic story about good and evil as should be, Evil isnt born evil, it becomes evil. You are born neutral.
It's all life lessons and for that only, I would have disliked the episode, but every ending with Naruto pledging total commitment to suicide just ROX i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif, even better if he wins

itachi_
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:21 PM
You get kinda exited, and as you said stubborn and mad, like "comon, do it naruto"... this episode was "deep" really "deep"

Assertn
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:24 PM
wow, where were all the anime connoisseurs back when the in-denial dbz fans were overrunning us?i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mut
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:24 PM
can't you see that naruto has no chance? naruto as a story is gonna be coming to an end soon...god, it's so obvious.

The_Fourth
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:42 PM
I really liked this episode it had great music, backgrounds, etc. And by the looks of it, the next episode will be really awesome.

Stoopider
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Flashbacks are kewl. It gives a in depth background and also builds up the tension to a fight, and instills in us the passion Naruto and friends are going thru.

However, repeated flashbacks are old. Irritating, and waste of time.

However, for people in Japan not downloading the anime like we do, if they so happen to miss a episode (or two), flashbacks really help alot.

Gods_Son
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
can't you see that naruto has no chance? naruto as a story is gonna be coming to an end soon...god, it's so obvious.

heh, good one.
About all the complaining, people will find something to bitch about whether there's fighting or not, don't worry about it.

magimaster120
Sat, 04-03-2004, 02:06 PM
I do like flashbacks and all, but sometimes I think the creators are pushing it. It seems like some of it was just filler and I think the two episode flashbacks (76-77) could have been cut down to 1 and a half episodes with some good cutting and add in some more fighting. Otherwise I felt that the gaara flashback was really deep and I felt so bad for the poor little kid.

Of course we all know what we want from the next episode... THE NEW THEME SONG!!!!!!! (It has been half a year since the last theme song was released.)

Mut
Sat, 04-03-2004, 02:28 PM
when i say this, i'm talking directly about the manga readers who come on to the naruto anime forum and 'act' like they are predicting random shit when, in fact, they already know what is gonna happen: what the fuck are you doing?

am i the only one who notices that this happens often?

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 04-03-2004, 02:39 PM
when i say this, i'm talking directly about the manga readers who come on to the naruto anime forum and 'act' like they are predicting random shit when, in fact, they already know what is gonna happen: what the fuck are you doing?

nope i noticed this a while ago (especially with that itachi_ dude)

.. ah well..

Rek
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Nah, I guess only people that have read the manga notice... tho I think its screwed up. I accidentally went into the Spoiler Naruto Discussion and found some information I didn't need to know, but it's kinda obvious....

Outtawack311
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:13 PM
I noticed back when someone "predicted" Naruto would face gaara and use gamabunta right after he learned how to use gamabunta. They have been doing that a ton, and it just gets annoying. I dont read the manga, but i can still tell when they are doing this.

itachi_
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:32 PM
http://www.gs17.com/upload/hitokiri_battousai/bscap000.jpg

This was actually a very funny scene i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Black_Challenger08
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed that too. I liked this episode too, very suspenseful and dramatic. Although I do want to see some fighting, I thought the episode was good. You know, I'm curious as to know what's going on with Jiraya (I have no idea how to spell his name) and the others fighting in the village. I don't know, maybe they could've switched that in instead of the Orochimaru/Sarutobi fight, but oh well.....

itachi_
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:44 PM
One thing that's not so good as the other thing is the switching from gaara vs naruto to orochimaru and hokage, hokage battle has been going on since 66-67.. it would be better to have like one episode with 10-15 minutes of the orochimaru vs hokage fight then to have 30-40 sec clips in many eps i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

The_Fourth
Sat, 04-03-2004, 04:59 PM
I liked the music they used when all those memories from Naruto take place, and that Kakashi part was kind of funny.

El Duende
Sat, 04-03-2004, 09:19 PM
i´ve just finish watching the episode and reading all the posts.

I like this episode, i feel pity for gaara, and i like to see naruto comparing himself with him... I like when sasuke realize this. It seems that they know each other very well..

- I think falshbacks are very necesary and they are part of the show
- Orochimaru / hokage, i´m tired, but it´s ok....
- shikamaru with azuma???

Next episodes will rock!!!

ETJ
Sat, 04-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Come on now!! Orochimaru just needs to freakin die already!

Shinegami
Sat, 04-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Well here is my take on it all...Oro and Sarutobi the reason they probably keep flashing to it is because.. They either really want to so how much it hurts having a Sword stuck through you while pulling a soul out. Or just playing to watch the oldest guy in the anime go out in a blaze of glory!!!..Yea Yea Yea..The scene is important its liking flipping channels on the TV every time you pass it there hasnt been a change so you know that you havent missed anything..And besides I keep seeing the Shinegami. So I aint complaining!

Assertn
Sat, 04-03-2004, 10:05 PM

i do, but i didnt notice any clear examples of that in this topic yet

Pyron
Sat, 04-03-2004, 11:06 PM
i think that the episode was alright. i'm the type of viewer who likes to watch the fighting but i can't complain when they show flashbacks. for EVERYONE that complains about flashbacks, you guys don't appreciate a good story/plot. you probably don't realize it but you want to watch the fighting so bad because they build it up so well and because of the flashbacks. Naruto became a lot better because the story got so deep. although if they just showed more fighting and less story it would be ok but not as good if they ended everything fast. that's just my opinion. they build up the fight to make it more meaningful and creates A LOT of suspense. that's why we love it so much...you have to find out what happens next. just like when you were little waiting every sat to watch your fav cartoon haha

LostAngel
Sat, 04-03-2004, 11:27 PM
The whole Oro and Kage thing is just to take up time. I think the flashbacks where good, they complete how Gaara went crazy. A little sad that he held such a grudge toward Gaara when it wasn't his fault. But then again goes for no one should of liked Naruto. I think the main reason why Naruto wants to kill him now is because he figured that is how he would of turned out like him.

Narutos final saying was awesome "To him... only to him... I don't want to lose even if I die!" I LOVE IT!! Now is time for the fight. And from the preview at the end he summons the big frog, I forgot his name, I keep thinking its Gambino or something lol. That was so funny when he tried to do it at first and that little frog popped up, I almost fell on the floor laughing. That was such a comic relief for that episode. I hope that damn frog does something awesome.

I hope after their fight, I get to see more of Kakashi and Gai!! Then the fight b/w oro and kage will end, but isn't the Hokage suppose to choose the next Hokage? If he dies, then who will get to choose the next one? I am reallly looking forward to the next one, this ep was okay, so the next one better be the BEST for making me this impatient to see a freaking FIGHT!!!!

XwingRob
Sun, 04-04-2004, 01:04 AM
I just watched this episode. I thought it was a pretty good episode... and the ending with the drum beating was pretty awesome.
Can't wait until next week. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Aegis Runestone
Sun, 04-04-2004, 01:11 AM
I absolutely hate Yashamaru. He. is. a. bastard. You just don't SAY that to a child, especially one who has been abused like Gaara. If I were Yashamaru, I would have lied and said "Yes, I didn't want to kill you, Gaara, but they threatened me." Now look at what you have done....

Why the heck doesn't Naruto tell Gaara about his lonliness?? I think that would help the situation, but Naruto seems determined to fight him. This makes NO sense at all, Naruto TALK to Gaara. >_< I feel so sorry for Gaara, I don't want people to kill him, I want someone to help him. T_T

As for Oro and Hokage: Orochimaru, I have some advice for you: KILL THE MONKEY. You can control the sword right? So kill the monkey, or slice his hand off and then procede to finish the Hokage off. Ta da, you win, can we stop seeing you and the Hokage now? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PART#2 of Oro Vs. Hokage

Hokage: Darn you! I will never fall!
Oro: Dang it!!
Death God: *Playing Metroid Zero Mission on Game Boy Advance* Oh sweet! I just sequence broke and got the Varia Suit before Kraid!
Oro & Hokage: -_-;

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

lasaire
Sun, 04-04-2004, 01:43 AM
I have a theory about Yashamaru: what if he were basically trying to kill himself by accepting the mission to kill Gaara? You can't be assigned to be the protector of the village's trump card without having more skills than a handful of thrown kunai and some explosive notes.

My feeling is that Yashamaru genuinely tried to love Gaara, but his love for his sister and his hate for her murderer became so twisted up inside that he both loved and hated Gaara, and suffered so much from it that getting himself killed by Gaara was his only way out, the only way to end the pain.

Now, why would he say something like that to Gaara? Perhaps he wanted to make Gaara hate the father and village that had created him as nothing but a monster to kill. (If that's the case, he did a damned good job.) Perhaps that was his form of revenge. I'm not sure.

Any thoughts?

itachi_
Sun, 04-04-2004, 02:20 AM
They also had "Sadness&Sorrow" for the first time since the wave country arc.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-04-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by: LostAngel
. And from the preview at the end he summons the big frog, I forgot his name, I keep thinking its Gambino or something lol.

Funny you say that. Actually the name bunta part of Gama-Bunta, is the name of a Japanese actor who specializes on playing Japanese Mafia dons.
Check the thread Jiraiya's head protector. There a link for a site called Paradise in Winter, where you can find the explanations for all the names.
And Gama means toad.

simplyxme
Sun, 04-04-2004, 03:01 AM
I think this episode was great.. You whiners really should stop posting if you're gonna complain! COME ON.. it wont kill u to watch 5 second flashback even if it does repeat every episode. give them a break.. ur getting free anime and free subbing and everything. people are so immature. The characters are really what makes naruto so great so be a little mature or go pick another anime thats all fighting.

ANYWAY I agree with you lasaire. Its hard to love someone who killed your sister.. Gaara's story is really sad =[ i love this episode. I actually really like flashbacks esp about Gaara. I think he decided to tell Gaara the truth before he died. He said he felt like he was cursing him..its so sad.. *sniffles* He really should have just lied to him though. Or just laid there pretending to be dead.. look at how Gaara turned out =[

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-04-2004, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by: lasaire
I have a theory about Yashamaru: what if he were basically trying to kill himself by accepting the mission to kill Gaara? You can't be assigned to be the protector of the village's trump card without having more skills than a handful of thrown kunai and some explosive notes.

My feeling is that Yashamaru genuinely tried to love Gaara, but his love for his sister and his hate for her murderer became so twisted up inside that he both loved and hated Gaara, and suffered so much from it that getting himself killed by Gaara was his only way out, the only way to end the pain.

Now, why would he say something like that to Gaara? Perhaps he wanted to make Gaara hate the father and village that had created him as nothing but a monster to kill. (If that's the case, he did a damned good job.) Perhaps that was his form of revenge. I'm not sure.

Any thoughts?

Well, he was really suicidal... then again, everybody in that village seems to be twisted. The Kage looks like a street bum, yet, eventually he covers his face and at home, doesn't let anybody look directly at his face.
Baki with half a face covered also looks weird. I wonder if the other side also has Kabuki make-up. Funny thing, the guys on that village wear make-up, while the girls don't. Kankuro, who also wears make-up, BTW it's the name of a famous Kabuki player, wears that weird rat-eared hood... wonder if he wants to be Batman or something. Temari goes around with that huge fan... Good thing that we didn't meet more of them...
Anyhow... I think Yashamaru said that on purpose, to screw up little Gaara's mind as a revenge against the kid himself *and* get revenge on the village.
Maybe he also figured that if he managed make Gaara insane he'd be also destroying the *ace* of the sand, making all the Kaze's effords useless. Besides making the kid a time-bomb against the village.
Another thing, though, maybe he wasn't that stupid or suicidal... nobody knew for sure how powerful Gaara was at that point... and *maybe* people thought that he'd be more vulnerable to somebody close to him (just trying to make Yasha less stupid here)
Still, he might have been stupid, I mean, if he got to control Gaara, he could even get to be the Kage...he'd would become very powerful if he were able to fool the kid and gain his love and trust...
Other thing, maybe he tried hard to love Gaara, but really couldn't. Also, well, I'd be pissed if the kid killed me and I don't think my last words would be oh, Gaar dear, I forgive you. Yasha had a lot going on inside of him and we know that there's a fine line between love and hate...I mean feelings are complex...
Well, that's the beauty of it, we will *never* know what was inside Yasha's head...some times not even the author knows...

tensai
Sun, 04-04-2004, 03:30 AM
i thought this episode was pretty decent

i agree with what lasaire said about the yashamaru/gaara hate thing, gaaras mother hated giving birth to gaara, also hating the village too. Yashamaru just told the truth, which caused gaara to hate everyone

im wondering if naruto was told the truth at the beginning, what would happen?

the little frog was pretty funny, its kinda wierd how naruto seems to forget about the kyubis chakra (im guessing he forgot, unless he purposly didnt want to use it)

i was wondering about the thing on gaaras forehead, it seems like it was a wound that he caused to himself with the sand, it doesnt seem like a tatoo how they showed it

cant wait for the next ep

simplyxme
Sun, 04-04-2004, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by: Thi3f
anyone downloaded Live-Evil's sub of the episode? ^^
if youre up for a laugh, i recommend it =P

i actually downloaded it and watched it, its really silly and funny if you're really bored. Stupid but i enjoyed it.. haha =]

Rek
Sun, 04-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Well, about Yashamaru, he said that Gaara's mom only wanted to have Gaara love himself... her curse upon this village for making her have this demon child. So, Yasha was just ...ensuring her legacy.

About the ...thing. It's uber cool, but it makes NO sence. I mean, It bled. The sand is supposed to protect him from any wound. So any Tattoo, Scar, Sand Wound, Burn, or anything harmful would be rejected.

So he either carries around a red sharpie, paints his head in blood, or since it armor, he could make his entire skin red. No problem. If he can craft an eye out of sand, I don't think a kanji on the forehead made of the blood of his enemies is gonna be too difficult.

Karasu
Sun, 04-04-2004, 10:16 AM
I dont get the whine about the episode here atall, it was a great episode it was a massive build up for the next episodes to come I guess. Yes some flashbacks where allready from the last episode but overall you now know what Gaara is, why he is the way he is and it isnt that strange he acts the way he does. We got to see why there is a differance between Gaara and Naruto but also why they are alot alike... It's sad that ppl dont appriciate story more..

One thing I dont understand with the Sands hate and fear for Gaara. The ppl shouldnt hate Gaara it's Kazekage they should dislike for bringing Shukaku on to them. Same with Yashamaru, it was maby Gaara that killed his mother/Yashamarus sister but it isnt Gaara fault. But I guess its probably the same as with Naruto it's not Naruto's fault he has the Kyuubi inside.

But anyways I loved the episode and it seems it's going to be some badass fighting probably coming up in the next episodes, Gaara by the sound of it has more transforming to do and the frog (Bunta I guess) is out aswell spoiling that Gaara might be pretty damn tough even for Naruto.

About the tattoo he made. It's not that hard to understand is it?. Kazekage wanted Gaara to be the ultimate shinobi with the Shukaku inside and controling it. Kazekage wanted Gaara dead cause he couldnt control the sand and was seen as a danger to the village and the world. After all the shit that happened there Gaara starts to control the sandspirit with his hate and desperation, hence why he can use the sand to tattoo the Ai kanji. Gaara dont have the sand armor on there cause he couldnt control the sand before. The armor is something that Gaara uses by his own will from what I figure.

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Sun, 04-04-2004, 02:16 PM
i agree, this whining is so pathetic, this is NOT an action anime only, the story drives the fighting the fighting doesnt drive the story, they go hand in hand, the only reason you are complaining is because of the obvious tension of the fight that will be coming, if you would stop worrying about the fight thats coming up then u could enjoy learning the story behind the combatant, i dont knwo about you guys but when narutos group and gaaras group first clashed i knew off the bat that naruto was gonna end up fighting him, i also wanted to konw the story behind that sick fuck, and now they're giving us an insight into something we didnt know, so basically the only thing you can complain about is the placement because its right before the fight, this story has to be told and i feel they're doing it well linking the present events to gaaras memories, so stop whining and take up yoga or maybe gardening to pass the time, this fight probably has baout 3 more eps before its over, and thats just if the hokage struggle doesnt interfere

also, i was thinkin about the kanji on his forehead, his skin isnt really his skin right, so maybe its not his blood or blood at all, maybe its red sand from either the blood of his enemy or the same sand coloring technique that he uses to make up his sand armor to look exactly like him

one complaint, why did that idiot summon not grab the handle instead of the blade by now, i mean i understand at first grabbing whatever he could, now he can grab the damned handle so he can get a better grip on it, that'd make sense to me, also maybe use the other hand

mode7
Sun, 04-04-2004, 02:17 PM
i guess they could instead of showing oro/3rd over and over... show us more about the fight of ninjas in the village and whats goin on with shikamaru/shino

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Sun, 04-04-2004, 02:28 PM
well mode7 thats true and its good that ur wondering whats going on there, but maybe they want you to forget about them so they can suprise u with them later, i mean remember shino was poisoned last you saw him, so maybe they wanna surprise you with what happened to him somehow

Assertn
Sun, 04-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by: LegendarySenninJiraiya
one complaint, why did that idiot summon not grab the handle instead of the blade by now, i mean i understand at first grabbing whatever he could, now he can grab the damned handle so he can get a better grip on it, that'd make sense to me, also maybe use the other hand

i think they forgot to draw the snakes around enma too.....it looks really goofy with him just, lyin there chillin with a blade in his hand

frexeze
Sun, 04-04-2004, 03:56 PM
when sarutobi said chakra and ninja techniques arent the only thing that determine strength.. what else did he mean?

itachi_
Sun, 04-04-2004, 04:01 PM
The will to survive and protect the one you loves, when you're living for that then you'll get strong that's what he means.

Rek
Sun, 04-04-2004, 05:25 PM
I think the biggest thing about him saying that, was becuase (was it naruto or Sasuke) they said someing about one of them running out of chakra. So, he was just making a point.

And the snakes may have been dificult to animate, you hafta put that into consideration.

Karasu
Sun, 04-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Well I dont really know for sure if Gaara tattoo'ed the kanji on his skin. I just think when he got all emotional there he got for the first time a pretty decent control over the sand hence why it might have been his skin and his blood. When Gaara gets hateful/murderous/angry/sad/excited he might have it easier to control the sand and the spirit, and still has him beeing pretty sealed in with him self. It doesnt matter that much it was a really cool paralell to his past that he tattoo'ed the mark of Love on his forhead.

Now after the story buildup I so want to see them clash. And also some progress on the Orochimaru vs Hokage fight.

Mae
Sun, 04-04-2004, 06:50 PM
I liked this episode, and I think the flashback was great. I find telling an innocent six-year-old that A) you were only pretending to care about him and actually hate him, B) his mother never loved him, and C) no one loves him more violent/upsetting than any fight scene.

I still wonder about Gaara talking to his mother when he transforms. He never knew her and she died cursing him after all. He only loves himself, so he can't care about her. Maybe it's the sand spirit talking about it's mother?

Oh, and thanks for the screen shot Itachi_, it's now my wallpaper. Ninjas must eat more vegetables!

SofaKing
Sun, 04-04-2004, 06:58 PM
I don't think that the marking on Garaa's forehead is a tatoo or wound. It's probably more like the markings on Naruto's stomach: mystical in nature.

Rek
Sun, 04-04-2004, 07:15 PM
thats deep man.

Nah, Naruto's belly ring, and Sasuke's "bruise" as well as 4th hokage's belly markings are all Seals of some sort. Tho it'd be VERY safe to assume that Gaara has a seal somewhere, its not on his forhead.

Knives122
Sun, 04-04-2004, 07:40 PM
The Seal on Gaara's head means "Love", which means he loves himself if he loved someone else, he would of put it on that person, and that stupid badger demon is the one that put it there along with Gaara's hate for everyone

SpAzZ
Sun, 04-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Does no one feel a Naruto Special coming up? The next fights have got to be a special! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Also, I think that Naruto will defeat Gaara and Gaara might sit down and think about who & what he is, and he might change! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Saruto
Sun, 04-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by: SpAzZ
Does no one feel a Naruto Special coming up? The next fights have got to be a special! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Also, I think that Naruto will defeat Gaara and Gaara might sit down and think about who & what he is, and he might change! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Stupid..

Assertn
Sun, 04-04-2004, 08:29 PM
you wouldnt need to animate the snakes.....just have them all coiled around him....
i think this saga is coming close to a conclusion, so i dont expect any specials to show up

Sylivin
Sun, 04-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Another Episode, another useless flashback. And, let's see.. the whole "soul pulling" has been going on for over two hours now. Yay.

Assertn
Sun, 04-04-2004, 09:16 PM
2 hours? i dont think it took 2 hours for sasuke to get past temari and reach gaara, then use chidori twice and then naruto step in
and thats pretty much all that happened since the time that oro and sarutobi ended up where they are now

i'd say more like 15-20 min

hiddenpookie
Sun, 04-04-2004, 09:49 PM
am gonna whine dammit u cant stop me!i mean come on the damn monkey has been holding that lightsaber for 4 damn episodes.wow i dont know it took the death god 90+min. to suk an enemy soul..it fells like dbz again...w/e episode was entertaining the dragqueen dies..garaa and his poor damn life flashbaks and naruto saying "this feeling in side of me thats gushing out..what is it? *end theme song plays* right click on file *delete

Rek
Sun, 04-04-2004, 10:02 PM
anyways, 15-20 minutes is still a really long time... I mean, it says alot for Oro and the 4th... remember how easily 1st and 2nd were pulled?

DrunkPotHead
Sun, 04-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Damn, every1 who think's that this episode sux is a total moron. Btw, i actually like DBZ a lot, yet i love the flashbacks as well.

The only problem i have is the oro/3rd scene in which nothing ever happens.

Next episode should be good though.

I also wanna make 1 note: the little frog naruto summoned said 'gimme a snack' and then he will be able to fight. Maybe after a snack, it will become big and dangerous? Just a thought.

JTD121
Sun, 04-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by: DrunkPotHead
I also wanna make 1 note: the little frog naruto summoned said 'gimme a snack' and then he will be able to fight. Maybe after a snack, it will become big and dangerous? Just a thought.

He said that? I thought he said 'gimme a snack or I won't play with you'...?

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 04-05-2004, 12:23 AM
As for Oro and Hokage: Orochimaru, I have some advice for you: KILL THE MONKEY. You can control the sword right? So kill the monkey, or slice his hand off and then procede to finish the Hokage off. Ta da, you win, can we stop seeing you and the Hokage now?

I've always wondered too, why doesnt the monkey use BOTH his hands to pull the sword out of the 3rd instead of using one to hold it by the blade. Sure he's coiled up in snakes, but his arms aren't tied together, he has one free arm!

ohpeekaboo
Mon, 04-05-2004, 01:28 AM

j00b
Mon, 04-05-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by: sangai sakusei
can someone please suggest the proper codec's liket the name and version.

I don't know the exact version information, but here is the site from which i got all of my codecs (http://www.shadow-dragons.com/anime/codec.htm)...if you go through the list and get everything in order, it works great.

Good flashbacks: They really help to give the story meaning...if it were just pointless fighting, I would have gotten bored after just a few episode.

I feel that Naruto has matured in this episode...he is willing to die to help his friends and to help people in general; he know what Gaara will do if he is allowed to go on fighting, so he realizes that this must be the end.

I am looking forward to the next episode as always...looks like the whiners are getting what they wanted since next episode looks like it will have almost all fighting and little (if any) time used for flashbacks, or anything else to develop the story (we all know how bad that is...i mean, who could withstand anime that isn't just mindless, pointless killing? Oh yeah...me and about half of the other people in this forum...those of us who aren't completely immature.)

TheAwesomeChow
Mon, 04-05-2004, 02:34 AM
maybe this has been brought up, didn't read the last 6 pages. I like new flashbacks because they bring something new to the story, whether it may be character or plot development. However, flashbacks that we have seen are easily confused with filler-time, and the most annoying thing is doing flashbacks from the previous episode, seems objectiveless to me. That is all.

Chibi Gaara still rocks, and sand-shurikens suck.

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 04-05-2004, 02:36 AM
cant wait till the next eps comes out i mean dam gamabunta is going to be in it its going to be so fukin kewl seing gamabunta kik gaaras ass

ZerKai
Mon, 04-05-2004, 03:35 AM
The reason they keep doing the oro/hokage scene is to develop the difference between Gaara and Naruto. Oro and gaara both are totally devoted to themselves. Hokage was outraged to learn that oro sac'ed his own men to summon 1st and 2nd (a good strategic choice, btw). This was to emphasize Hokage's value of the village over the self (a fairly common asiatic theme). This was also emphasized when he talked to the kids about protecting ones you love. Gai emphasized this to Rock by his restriction on the lotus move.

Hokage's last line before flashing to Naruto is in direct counter to Gaara's statements about how the strong only care for themselves and that's why they're strong. This has been made into a contest of ideaologies (sp?) and not just a simple fight. This couldn't be done with Naruto because he's not as wise/mature as Hokage and so can't really vocalize the belief.

The oro/hokage flash backs were necessary to develop this idealogical conflict which adds to the character depth and growth behind Naruto. This makes what he's doing much more than just a fight and also explains why he has to fight Gaara and can't talk to him. Gaara is focused on self, just as oro doesn't give a crap about others (and nothing hokage is saying is changing his mind, the reason hokage finally decided to bust out and really try to kill him), Gaara would not bother listening to Naruto. He doesn't care what Naruto says; he just wants to kill people so he can feel alive.

Now some belief systems may not want to accept that a person is beyond reformation, but I think that may be the case with Gaara and definetely is with Oro.

Anyway, flashback to oro/hokage are there because it develops the Naruto/Gaara conflict on a level those characters can't by themselves. The fight in Konoha would have some cool action, but would have nothing to do with Naruto's fight. Same with the other characters. Only Hokage has the wisdom to develop that conflict in words and remain true to character.

ZerKai

Karasu
Mon, 04-05-2004, 04:18 AM
Yeah kinda what Zerkai says, he actually bothered to explain it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Its story episode haters, something that builds up the things Naruto is about. Naruto says it himself Gaara is still living in the world Naruto was in before he met Iruka and the others, Naruto might have easily become kind of like Gaara if noone ever cared about him. It's the outcast with trl i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif vs the outcast that has nothing else than himself.

About Naruto winning it's almost painfully obvious i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif that he will cause he's the main.. But I can agree it might be good for Gaara to loose once and to think about it after and maby change his thinking and make him stronger. But Naruto wont have an easy task, or atleast I hope he wont. I will become pretty damn upset if Naruto does 2 or 3 Bunshin attacks and that ends Gaara, I kinda figure it will take some more than that, and the prewview has Bunta or the other bigass frog in it. I just hope if Gaara goes he goes away with style, he has to, he has gotten alot of story developing and there has been so much mystery arround him. I think author(s) likes Gaara i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

TheAwesomeChow
Mon, 04-05-2004, 07:27 AM
orochimaru vs hokage are not flashbacks, those are just scenes of what's going on. I'm talking about for example, episode 76 doing a flashback of something that happens in 75, it's only an example.

Uchiha-Itachi
Mon, 04-05-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by: hiddenpookie
am gonna whine dammit u cant stop me!i mean come on the damn monkey has been holding that lightsaber for 4 damn episodes.wow i dont know it took the death god 90+min. to suk an enemy soul..it fells like dbz again...w/e episode was entertaining the dragqueen dies..garaa and his poor damn life flashbaks and naruto saying "this feeling in side of me thats gushing out..what is it? *end theme song plays* right click on file *delete

rofl 90 mins... if you count the mins from the oro vs hokage scenes you will never reach 90 mins ... maybe 10 mins... you make yourself look stupid again... like the rest of the immature whining kids on this forum... if you dont like it piss of then... /me pukes on your stupidness

Assertn
Mon, 04-05-2004, 01:56 PM
wow, itachi_, quite a farfetched guess you got there

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-05-2004, 02:49 PM

Yeah, *truly* far-fetched... as the Japanese would say Mataku...
And I was bitched at for posting some stuff in the open forum, ne, Failure-sama i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Saruto
Mon, 04-05-2004, 02:59 PM

Itachi is stupid...Say spoiled asshole...to me it dosent matter but the ones that didnt read the manga its so stupid that a asshole like you always tell the upcomming of a episode.

itachi_
Mon, 04-05-2004, 03:02 PM
I don't know a thing what you're talking about, It's just my theory and it's very logical, why would the chibi frog be there anyway if it wasen't for that thing?

Vagabond
Mon, 04-05-2004, 03:04 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about. I read the manga and i can tell you thats not what happens...

Saruto
Mon, 04-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by: itachi_
I don't know a thing what you're talking about, It's just my theory and it's very logical, why would the chibi frog be there anyway if it wasen't for that thing?

...I could say that why in the previous anime there where little frog whit only two legs when naruto summoned them...and if you really think...Naruto wasn't summoning whit the chakra of the fox but by is own chakra....I'm 100% sure that you read the manga and your doing the innocent ..

Saruto
Mon, 04-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by: Vagabond
What the hell are you guys talking about. I read the manga and i can tell you thats not what happens...

ooook...true true

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by: itachi_
It's just my theory and it's very logical,?

I've been avoiding acknowledging your posts like the plague, but I have a word to tell you:
BS
*back to ignore mode*

Sylivin
Mon, 04-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Well, naturally 2 hours was an exaggeration. Even so, the little scene jumps have been going on for quite a few episodes with Oro and the 3rd still in a same position. They talk crap to each other and the blade moves another inch (with the soul moving out another inch). Sheesh, one of them die already - or both!

Krbadass
Mon, 04-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Well Guys, I just banned Itachi_ , until i figure out to unban he'll be gone for a while, he was banned for spoiling multiple times. Let this be an example to everyone how important it is not to spoil. Thank you.

Mut
Mon, 04-05-2004, 04:40 PM
finally...die die die die die die die!

just one thing: if people are wondering why the 3rd and orochimaru are still in the same position, or anyone else for that matter, it's because all those things are happening at the same time. it's just that kishimoto can't show all of them at once so he spreads them out...

it's pretty obvious but i'm pointing it out for people who are new and are confused.

?igma
Mon, 04-05-2004, 04:49 PM
*confused* so japanese people cant remember 2 things at the same time ?i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Death BOO Z
Mon, 04-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Actually, in the manga it was like this...

Volume 14; hokage\oro fight, and the chase after Sasuke.
Volume 15; Sasuke starts fighting Gaara in the first chapter, and the whole volume is about the Gaara fight.
Volume 16: conclusion of both fights.

There were no refences to the Hokage fight in volume 15, it seems that the studios don't think very highly of the Anime watchers... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

anyway, i think they should've really done it simulatenly, or at least episode of each, anything but these horrible 30 seconeds scenes with the lightsaber and the soul moving slowly...

Kagari
Mon, 04-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by: ?igma
*confused* so japanese people cant remember 2 things at the same time ?i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Check out Zerkai's response on page 7, he hit the nail on the head. It's not a memory thing, It's important to show that the battles are happening silmultaneously, and that they are relevant to each-other.

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 04-05-2004, 08:24 PM
basically they're stalling for time. the anime is catching up with the manga.

Saruto
Mon, 04-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX
basically they're stalling for time. the anime is catching up with the manga.

lol, not really i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif...

Gods_Son
Mon, 04-05-2004, 08:37 PM
yea, not at all, the anime people are just doing things differently, it's not a big deal.

j00b
Mon, 04-05-2004, 09:33 PM
A WORD TO THE UNWISE
For those of you who whine whenever we get to a flashback section, do not watch the anime for a few weeks. After this time, download all of the episodes so that you can watch them all in a row...rather than whining all about the flashbacks, you can go on and view the next episode. At least this way, you do not bother the competent people (as much) with your whining about the flashbacks (by that time, we are all through reading the earlier forums). Please do this rather than whining and annoying us all.

In addition, the only reason i can think of that they have stalled a little bit would be that they are trying to have a good cliffhanger for the end of episode 78 (the end of the season in Japan). They want to keep the viewers in, so they need to have something exciting about to happen. My guess is that this section will not end at the end of episode 78, i think that the Hokage will still have a sword through him, and that Naruto will still be involved in the Gaara fight. I think that Naruto will probably be on a losing side temporarily just as the episode ends. This is just a guess based on the way that TV shows in general handle season finales, I honestly do not know how it will work out, aside from expecting Naruto to survive.

THIS PART IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE "WORD TO THE UNWISE" PART
Moving to a slightly different topic, i am just wondering: If we are on a site that only allows us to download the ANBU version, why is it that we begin the forum once Bakasan is released?

THE EPISODE 78 ANTICIPATION IS (not literally) KILLING ME!!!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by: j00b
A WORD TO THE UNWISE

Moving to a slightly different topic, i am just wondering: If we are on a site that only allows us to download the ANBU version, why is it that we begin the forum once Bakasan is released?

THE EPISODE 78 ANTICIPATION IS (not literally) KILLING ME!!!

Do you see a problem there? I don't.
I just hope that, now that one is gone, we won't have another bashing Bakasan. (just a personal hope, of course)

Nara Shikamaru
Mon, 04-05-2004, 11:04 PM
jee naruto summoned the wrong frog .... was expecting a tadpole though

j00b
Mon, 04-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama

I just hope that, now that one is gone, we won't have another bashing Bakasan. (just a personal hope, of course)

I am not bashing Bakasan...just commenting that this site only has a link to download ANBU, so why does this site's forum start talking about an episode that has yet to be released in ANBU, the only thing they offer from here.

The "word to the unwise" part was just talking about the whiners. I apologize for making it a bit confusing, I should have been more clear about the distinction between the two sections; i just made the clarifying edit on my last post.

Assertn
Mon, 04-05-2004, 11:35 PM
hehe, well sorry about that neji-aniki-sama....i was just surprised to find stuff that hasnt even happened in the translated manga to be mentioned already
looks like the mods are really crackin down on people lately.....which is good, although we're already at an all-time low for active members i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

with the oro/hokage thing....just think of it this way....
maybe the animators draw up all the important stuff for the episode....and then purposely come up just a little short just in case, then whatever sliver of time they have left, they throw in the oro/hokage bit

at least this way they dont end the episodes in an awkward place

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 04-06-2004, 12:10 AM
hehe, well sorry about that neji-aniki-sama....i was just surprised to find stuff that hasnt even happened in the translated manga to be mentioned already

Oh, never you mind... I was just being an assi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
I am kinda frustated, thou, he was kicked out so fast, I didn't have time to call him Usotski bakayarou-me
(freaking lying idiot) Well, maybe is for the better, I'd never call anybody that... heh, heh

And joob, I said I *hoped* I've seen one stupid useless flame war too many over that, and huh, I've only seem one.

MuzeBl
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:11 AM
OMG! That WAS funny

I have been watching this for awhile with my daughter and we both laughed our tushies off! What was up with that?

But I have to agree, they do drag the episodes out a bit too much. I think there was about 5 minutes of 'progress' in this one. bummer

gokudagreat
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:25 AM
My opinion on it is that the basic "theme" behind these latest episodes and the whole anime is that fate can be overcome with hard work and determination and that Naruto can be as great as he wants if he is willing to put his life on the line for it. Gaara and Orochimaru are stuck in this frame of mind that you need a wierd fate driven purpose to keep on existing. Gaara's is to kill everyone else besides him and Orochimaru's is to destroy the village that has been plagueing him this whole time. Its a struggle that Naruto is going to have to overcome and this is like a rope being pulled tighter and tighter until Naruto has one of those moments where he gives an awesome speech about how he was all alone and had no family or friends but overcame that through determination to become hokage, followed by him becoming really strong and having an epic battle with Gaara. I think thats what the flashback's are trying to depict. Gaara is basically a Naruto who didnt have the determination to become something great and instead killed people. They are annoying though.....

j00b
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by: Neji- Aniki- sama
And joob, I said I *hoped* I've seen one stupid useless flame war too many over that, and huh, I've only seem one.
Oh...I guess I started watching the anime too late to be involved in the quarrel. I can see could have mistaken my comment as an insult to Bakasan, but I meant nothing by it. I definitely don't want to be the cause of another long and pointless argument like I have seen so many of since I started reading the forums (somewhere around episode 66).

I know this is a bit off topic, but has anyone else noticed how the time keeps going forward and backward an hour? When I originally posted, it said 12:07, then when I couldn't edit it said 11:07, and now it says 12:07 again. Just wondering

with the oro/hokage thing...just think of it this way...
maybe the animators draw up all the important stuff for the episode...and then purposely come up just a little short just in case, then whatever sliver of time they have left, they throw in the oro/hokage bit

at least this way they don't end the episodes in an awkward place
I sort of agree and sort of disagree with you, Assertn...

I agree that the ending places for the episodes are great...always makes me want to see the next episode.

I disagree that they just use the Oro/Hokage bit just when they have spare time in an episode. I believe that they have thought it through and figure that it would fit in, let us know what is happening with Oro/Hokage (although it is always pretty much the same), and your idea about the spare time. At least this time it was a bit of a change...Oro couldn't get the sword to move in any further, but Hokage still had the strength to pull Oro's soul back a little bit.

My only complaint is that, although people claim that it is happening simultaneously, it has been going on since soon after Naruto began chasing Sasuke, which means that there has been a large amount of time passing since Hokage's spell/the sword's piercing began; however, the Hokage is much stronger than the other ninjas, even in dealing with a sword through his stomach, not to mention that pretty much everyone worth noting in this anime is extremely tough (Naruto, Zabuza, Hokage, Gaara, Oro...), so having a sword through your stomach can be withstood for quite awhile before seeming overly long.

Assertn
Tue, 04-06-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by: MuzeBl
OMG! That WAS funny

I have been watching this for awhile with my daughter and we both laughed our tushies off! What was up with that?

But I have to agree, they do drag the episodes out a bit too much. I think there was about 5 minutes of 'progress' in this one. bummer

im confused......what was funny? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Neo32
Tue, 04-06-2004, 05:10 AM
Erm well a reason you guys do'thave many live forumers here is cos well.... this forum frankly is quite childish. no offence to anyone but most of the posts are just back and forth back and forth over who's cute whos cool whos got the best moves/jutsu's(ad nauseum might i add)

What i read earlier is true. the part where we have DBZ fans in denial? Its true that action sequences are exciting and all but you don't have to complain about it. The anime started halfway thru Narutos lifetime and we have to go back to understand everything. A good thing about this anime is that the animators DO spend time to develop ALL the characters rather than have a few shallow buggers tagged onto the end.

What i think this forum has is a lot of kids... i mean little kids with the age of 12-15 or the like posting. and that just ruins it for most of the anime watching crowd out there. Here's my advice. Try berserk, or go back to DBZ or if u want Matantei Loki Ragnarok is good. Personally good anime develops the plot and characters and action is only a bonus.

then again i do agree that oro and sarutobi should end it alreadyl... =D i/expressions/devil.gif

Stoopider
Tue, 04-06-2004, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by: Neo32
Erm well a reason you guys do'thave many live forumers here is cos well.... this forum frankly is quite childish. no offence to anyone but most of the posts are just back and forth back and forth over who's cute whos cool whos got the best moves/jutsu's(ad nauseum might i add)
i/expressions/devil.gif

THATS NOT TRUE!! Sasuke Is GAY! Shikamaru is cool! And Chouji has the best move/jutsu in the world!! WHo else can turn into a ball?

j00b
Tue, 04-06-2004, 06:30 AM
I definitely agree with Neo: much of the reason that there are few active members on this forum comes from the arguments about the flashbacks; the arguments about the flashbacks most likely come from younger viewers who have yet to mature enough to appreciate the buildup of the background information about the characters, although i am 16 years old, i agree with the age group he mentioned, although he failed to include 16 year olds, some of whom are extremely immature. I also know that it is not all of the people in that age group, only a select few who are getting all worked up about the flashbacks.

Stoopider...your name is fitting of you; what evidence do we have that Sasuke is a homosexual aside from that he does not like any girl (he doesn't like any guys, so that would not prove anything), second of all, if you want to say something about the best moves, start a new thread devoted to it.

Can we PLEASE just talk about Naruto 77...this is the "Official Naruto 77 Discussion", so why do we stray so far off topic?

I am not naming any names, I know that I have done it too, but if you want to talk about something that is not really related, why not start a new thread devoted to that topic?

Raven
Tue, 04-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by: Neo32
That's true for the Naruto Anime section of the forum, but various other sections have intelligent conversation and discussion, such as the Naruto Manga section (usually anyway). That's one of the perks of being a manga reader, you can take part in all the finest discussions - at this forum anyway, not sure about others.

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 04-06-2004, 10:25 AM
yeah usually the naruto manga forum has the best discussions probably because the 12-16 year olds don't take the time to read a black and white comic but they're missing out a lot, the Naruto manga is way better then the anime, the anime has lately been lacking excitement i hope 78 makes a change to that of course the hokage battle was very nice but c'mon they keep stretching and stretching, they keep adding unneccesary crap, i don't feel like seeing oro and hokage in the same stance talking about the same crap every episode, they should focus on one thing, it's not like we forget about the oro/hokage battle when we don't see them every episode, i tend to stray away from the naruto anime forum because seriously I don't wanna discuss who's the cutest girl or the coolst jutsu every week, i'm also dissappointed with the naruto community in general, whenever an episode or a chapter is not released within one day of it's release in Japan they start bothering the fansubbers/scanlators and demanding their fix what the f***'s up with that? that's just horrible to demand something you get for free

EDIT: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Itachi_ got banned I hate that guy he spoils everywhere he should either stick to the manga forum and stop spoiling or just stop watching Naruto all together because it seems to be his life he has 1800 posts and he hasn't even been here a long as me and most things he posts are crap

Assertn
Tue, 04-06-2004, 12:36 PM
i dunno......there used to be alot of people posting all the time....i think alot of them were uncomfortable with the sudden change in the forum layout.....and then what remained were the kiddies who felt the need to express themselves after watching these last 2 eps

Mut
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:11 PM
you can't fuck with the naruto manga forum. we're the best and it's rated R, which, cuts of 90% of forum goers who can enter.

Neo32
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:31 PM
hey thats not fair... lol
anyway i started with the anime and i'll stick with it... cos if i stray into the manga.. then i know whats gonna happen next and it really ruins everything for me... anyway in the anime they have more time of character development if u ask me...

Hmmm maybe i'll switch to the manga if the animators decide to give it a crappy ending... but so far its been sticking VERY close to the manga... what if it turns into another INUYASHA???

hehe back to 77... what happened to the 2 jounin standing in the middle of the arena? they've been there forever and as for jiraiya... whats up with him? i see him dancing on a frog and he owns the place? lol... reminiscent of Micheal Jackson.... hehe his moonwalk... kills all enemies on screen (OH ALRIGHT SO I'm OLD!!!)

hiddenpookie
Tue, 04-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha-Itachi

Originally posted by: hiddenpookie

rofl 90 mins... if you count the mins from the oro vs hokage scenes you will never reach 90 mins ... maybe 10 mins... you make yourself look stupid again... like the rest of the immature whining kids on this forum... if you dont like it piss of then... /me pukes on your stupidness

wow..lol....and ur telling me this why?..lol..anyway wow idk i may seem like am whineing but wow the anticiaption is killing me..lol..is it me or the frog said give me food or i wont play with you..lol!

gokudagreat
Tue, 04-06-2004, 04:50 PM
oh well, either way episode 78 is gonna be good.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-07-2004, 02:10 AM
Its really very simple. Too much of anything is bad. And too much of flashbacks gets old alot faster than too much of simple action.

And I'm sorry, but Gaara's flashbacks aren't even THAT emotional or well done. There have been much better in the series.

I'm all for story and character development, but two full episodes that essentially did nothing but tell the story of a traumatic evening in Gaara's childhood us just too much. And thinking such doesn't make someone a little DBZ mite. And thinking that all the flashbacks are fantastic doesn't make you an intellegent viewer. It just means you think you are.

lasaire
Wed, 04-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Well, those who do not like Gaara's backstory can at least be grateful that it only took up two episodes: it took up 3 whole manga chapters!

And yes, the manga also has flashbacks to the Hokage battle, but not quite as often.

?igma
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by: j00b
I definitely agree with Neo: much of the reason that there are few active members on this forum comes from the arguments about the flashbacks; the arguments about the flashbacks most likely come from younger viewers who have yet to mature enough to appreciate the buildup of the background information about the characters, although i am 16 years old, i agree with the age group he mentioned, although he failed to include 16 year olds, some of whom are extremely immature. I also know that it is not all of the people in that age group, only a select few who are getting all worked up about the flashbacks.

Stoopider...your name is fitting of you; what evidence do we have that Sasuke is a homosexual aside from that he does not like any girl (he doesn't like any guys, so that would not prove anything), second of all, if you want to say something about the best moves, start a new thread devoted to it.

Can we PLEASE just talk about Naruto 77...this is the "Official Naruto 77 Discussion", so why do we stray so far off topic?

I am not naming any names, I know that I have done it too, but if you want to talk about something that is not really related, why not start a new thread devoted to that topic?

dont you see how he is trying to get Naruto"s attention, by having him saving him sometimes ?i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, in Truth Sasuke would own gaara ofcourse i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

j00b
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Its really very simple. Too much of anything is bad. And too much of flashbacks gets old alot faster than too much of simple action.

And I'm sorry, but Gaara's flashbacks aren't even THAT emotional or well done. There have been much better in the series.

I'm all for story and character development, but two full episodes that essentially did nothing but tell the story of a traumatic evening in Gaara's childhood us just too much. And thinking such doesn't make someone a little DBZ mite. And thinking that all the flashbacks are fantastic doesn't make you an intellegent viewer. It just means you think you are.

I started a thread called Flashbacks in the Naruto Anime section so that people would not continue to post about them in here...please post future messages of this type in that thread.

BC_BUD_RULEZ
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:53 AM
77 really bothered me, here i thought naruto was goona bust out the frog an dish out a serious spanking.. an what happens? tragic disappointment.. not that ive come to expect anything else from this series, i just accept it now. all that aside, i have a feeling that there wont be anymore messin around, maybe a small flashback or two (practically unavoidable), but a general asskicking (as to who'll get kicked is still a question in my mind) for the whole ep. i think garaa is a pansy, look at naruto, he survived his childhood without turning into a mass murderer... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

j00b
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:48 AM
The reason that Naruto survived his childhood without turning into a mass murderer was most likely that he made friends, although it took awhile, and that he did not have assassination attempts on him by thosehe thought loved him. Although very similar, the childhoods of Naruto and Gaara also have their differences.

Assertn
Thu, 04-08-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by: BC_BUD_RULEZ
77 really bothered me, here i thought naruto was goona bust out the frog an dish out a serious spanking.. an what happens? tragic disappointment.. not that ive come to expect anything else from this series, i just accept it now. all that aside, i have a feeling that there wont be anymore messin around, maybe a small flashback or two (practically unavoidable), but a general asskicking (as to who'll get kicked is still a question in my mind) for the whole ep. i think garaa is a pansy, look at naruto, he survived his childhood without turning into a mass murderer... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

why do you watch a series that you always expect to be dissappointed from? thats just...a stupid waste of one's time....
i watched narutaru for about 7 or so episodes......then i got bored with the slow progression and the fact that i couldnt ever remember the names of the people and the stuff that's happened in previous episodes......so i just stopped watching....maybe you should do the same with this series

what wouldve dissappointed me would be if he DID summon gamabunta right then and there.....and then naruto ends up backing out of the fight entirely and just let some frogs fight for him.........if thats the kinda thing you're lookin for....then try this show called "pokemon" sometime instead i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Yeah really, the tiny frog was pure comedy. Comedy is good.

Maybe that small frog isn't powerful, but he might become important, the way that pug is one of Kakashi's highly skilled pets. Maybe Naruto could teach the little frog too...I dunno...carry messages or something.