PDA

View Full Version : April 1st

itachi_
Thu, 04-01-2004, 10:33 AM
I can't stand this day, I'm going to shut down my computer for today, you can't do anything it's bullshit everwhere nothing is true, you can assume everythings is jokes, hrrm not jokes it's just troublesome, don't you feel the same? the day that was meant to be jokes in a funny way turned out like this, fake anime-episodes, and news & such.

EDIT: Sign my petition

shadowmantis
Thu, 04-01-2004, 11:48 AM
where do i sign this petition?

r3n
Thu, 04-01-2004, 12:33 PM
i like april fools day, it rocks

jst cos u get all the jokes played on u. its good when u play jokes on other ppl like clingfilm over the toilet seat lol. classic.

shadowmantis
Thu, 04-01-2004, 01:18 PM
if you're 14, yeah :/

Arcn3ss
Thu, 04-01-2004, 01:30 PM
=\

ya its pretty dumb...I agree...

Peace Maker Kurogane Special...what a waste of time spending downloading it

Mut
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:43 PM
yeah, let's remove the joke concept of april first. THE WHOLE COUNTRY WILL FOLLOW US!

Munsu
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Let me find you a popsicle... it will make you feel better...

Jman
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Site is down until further notice.
Talk about backfire... our april fools joke actually caught the attention of the DOJ and we are going to be fined $12,000 for impersonating a government agency. Apparently, some people actually contacted their lawyers and the DOJ using the real information we provided. We were lucky enough to get away with no jail time, but in addition to that they are actually investigating us. In order to make less trouble for ourselves, we're temporarily shutting down the site until this issue is resolved. We admitted to pursuading all the other sites to putting it up, so we're the only ones being fined.

UPDATE: I called them this morning and tried to work out a deal. They agreed to reduce the fine to $2000 if we do some community service.

- ANBU Webmaster (For Shinji).

Just saw that. could still be a joke. bleh whatever.
edit they even have "copy of the papers served" <--in this day and age, anyone could doctor up letters so once again bah...troublesome indeed

shadowmantis
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:53 PM
just sign his petition. that would make me feel better.

Lego
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Speaking of great april fools jokes, heres one:

Back when i was in highschool (last year, got out as a junior) there was this popular couple, you know the football player and cheerleader. It was common knowledge that they fooled around with each other and the like.

So the girls friends found out the night before april fools that they did it. So the next day, i was walking down to my class and i see the guy, surrounded by like 5 of her friends, with a basket,flowers,and a balloon that says congratulations on your new baby boy, or something like that.

I must of laughed my ass off for about 30 minutes.

PaD
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by: Lego
Speaking of great april fools jokes, heres one:

Back when i was in highschool (last year, got out as a junior) there was this popular couple, you know the football player and cheerleader. It was common knowledge that they fooled around with each other and the like.

So the girls friends found out the night before april fools that they did it. So the next day, i was walking down to my class and i see the guy, surrounded by like 5 of her friends, with a basket,flowers,and a balloon that says congratulations on your new baby boy, or something like that.

I must of laughed my ass off for about 30 minutes.

LMAO that should've been a nightmare.

By the way Lego;
God damn, you got here like two weeks after me and you allready have more posts then me. HOly #&#&
And; oh yea, april fools, I think it's some funny shit :] I like it, wouldn't trade it for - a dollar... maybe more.

Anyway;

GOTWOOT IS BEGIND DDOS'D BY A FRIND OF MINE, MUHUHAH. PAKCETS ARE ALMOST FULLY LOADED TO THE SERVER, YOU WILL DIE !!

Lol, got you there :] it's a joke!!!111oneoneone

Lego
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:28 PM
hehe PaD, i used to post on the old forum run by dyingeyes, i have like 550 posts there, just trying to establish myself here.

Sharingan 3y3
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:51 PM
i have to agree with itachi that this day is retarted as hell, they should remove it from the calender or something, stupid fake stuff everywhere

Lego
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:57 PM
yeh, altough i do like seeing how websites mess with people for april fools

Xollence
Fri, 04-02-2004, 02:58 AM
Haha I didn't even realize it was April Fool's Day until it was already over. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Power PMV
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:11 AM
I think it's stupid too, but I don't really care.

bitwar
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:40 AM
The whole concept is stupid. I heard that April 1st used to be the beginning of the New Year, and the people who insisted that April 1st was the New Year were called April Fools. Or something like that. If that is true, then (like so many things) it mutated into a day where people use it as an excuse to be more of an asshole than usual. I see no prank motivation behind telling me this, especially since the person who told me knows I loathe pranks.

Yeah, it pisses me off at times, but usually only when someone pulls out a personal joke, like tellimg me that my girlfriend up in MI (I'm in FL now, used to be in MI) got into a major accident. That pisses me off to all hell because I worry about her enough as it is. When it's someone making bogus announcements about Naruto being licenced by the evil 4Brats, or putting up fake downloads, that doesn't bother me much really. For me, it's just another day. Heck why don't we nominate Monday of every week to be a different synonym of fool. Fool, moron, dumbass, idiot, and baka (for those special months with 5 Mondays) in that order? That way maybe all the jerkoffs that go overboard will piss people off so much that they get the crap beaten out of them and everyone else who pulls pranks might just get tired of it. It'll make no difference for the 24/7 pranksters, so nothing new there, and the rest of us can all breathe a sigh of relief for not having to remember that 1 out of every 365 days is a day that the world (at least America) is just that much more BAKA!!

PaD
Fri, 04-02-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by: Xollence
Haha I didn't even realize it was April Fool's Day until it was already over. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

I had a test that day, I wrote; 'April fools!!! haha' I haven't really studied the day before i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif