PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion

Destroyor
Wed, 03-31-2004, 05:40 PM
Ok lately there are just so many _________ (insert your choice of word for idiot, asshole, whatever) posting useless/stupid/wtf??? ________. (like this one i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

I suggest an "ignore list" be added so that the ignored person's post would not shown up when the user is reading a thread. This feature can and had been done and implentmented by other forums and I think it would be nice to have a similar feature for the GW forum.

Thank you.

sangai
Thu, 04-01-2004, 01:54 AM
i would agree with this one but

it may cause confussion if the person being ignored actually posted something useful and then youd be kinda in the dark about whats going on

but its a good idea (kinda)

Mut
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:22 AM
no way, if someone is saying stupid stuff or talking trash, i'd wanna know. besides, we're all friends here, no?

Lego
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:42 AM
yeh, i agree with the others. If you have someone ignored , i can turn out worse, because they know you can't see what they typed about you.

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah topics would often stop making sense about half way through i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, plus half the time you'd see what they'd have posted anyway whenever someone quotes them...

Lego
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:28 PM
lol yeh, good point swallow

PaD
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:30 PM
You guys wanna cut me out, don't you?!

Lego
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:31 PM
yeh PaD, your so annoying i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PaD
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:36 PM
I sence it i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
Lego, I thought you loved me, dude :'( *heart broken*

sangai
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:23 PM
no i think its just one member

PaD
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:21 AM
Who?!
Man, if it's me ...

lionheart1012000
Sat, 04-03-2004, 12:03 AM
well your definatley on my ignore list *checks off* lol, jk

sangai
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:12 AM
ehhh i rather not say but i think i know who destroyer is talking about

its no one in here

lionheart1012000
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:17 AM
cool *whipes sweat off forehead* i thought people wanted to ignore pathetic losers like me ^_^;

Lego
Sat, 04-03-2004, 05:46 AM
hmm... theres not to many people i would ignore here, except that vash idiot who kept spamming

hiddenpookie
Mon, 04-05-2004, 07:43 PM
dude.lego. dont get mad at me now son..but ur posting to much man u might wanna calm down a bit... se we can care less abput ur post rank and \ how many post u have if u post good responses and ur friendly ull get respect..i mean damn every lil descussion i see ur post it gets annoying...

Jman
Mon, 04-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by: Lego
hmm... theres not to many people i would ignore here, except that vash idiot who kept spamming

vash got banned so he's no problem anymore.

Lego
Tue, 04-06-2004, 03:04 AM
dude.lego. dont get mad at me now son..but ur posting to much man u might wanna calm down a bit... se we can care less abput ur post rank and \ how many post u have if u post good responses and ur friendly ull get respect..i mean damn every lil descussion i see ur post it gets annoying...

Son eh? First time ive been told stop posting this much. I reply to what topics i have comments on. I don't give a dam about my post rank. Oh wow im Genin, dosen't matter to much. Like i said, i find threads i comment on, i do.

If thats frowned upon, ill stop.

Since most people frown upon the way i post, ill start more threads, post longer, more detailed reponses, and the like.

I admit some threads that i just posted a smiley on, was stupid of me, but its the way ive posted on every forum ive gone to sometimes.

But, since it bothers the mods, and everyone, i will change the way i post.

Just because i post 10 messages in a day dosen't neccissarly mean spamming, if paste 3 topics, and say 7 reply's with detailed respons that dosen't count as spamming in my book.

hiddenpookie
Tue, 04-06-2004, 05:45 PM
i just though..about it.... it dosnt matter we doo need alot of ppl to post becuzzz..lil bit of ppl are on gw forums now...its nice to see new faces ^^

Gods_Son
Tue, 04-06-2004, 06:12 PM
yea, I'd rather see the stupid/idiot/asshole comment anyways, if it's that bad then they should just not take it personally if they get thrashed. Also, users who piss a lot of people off (including mods) usually get banned. Itachi_ and vash were already banned and I'm sure more will be too if they're that annoying.
Lego, I don't think you're getting the point that people are trying to make to you. People are getting mad because you post so much, so making more threads and more detailed responses would probably just be even more annoying. If you were only posting 10 times a day like you said, I doubt it'd be much of a problem, but it's more like 40 posts a day. You don't have to add your opinion to like every topic.

Lego
Tue, 04-06-2004, 10:04 PM
OK, thats all i needed someone to tell me kono i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Ill cut down on my posting.

Power PMV
Sat, 04-17-2004, 04:06 AM
I agree with the idea, after all it's you the one who picks who you block or not.
If the conversation doesn't make any sense to you and you want to know you can just "un-ignore" the person. I think it's a good idea, if you don't want it, you don't use it and you are fine; if you want it then it's good too.

Munsu
Sat, 04-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Well let's say that the person you ignored posts some useful info... and because you didnt see his post you on the other hand post the same info... then i come to read the thread and have to read the same shit twice because you decided to ignore a person... so you posted same info without realizing it...

Power PMV
Mon, 04-19-2004, 05:02 PM
well, if I repeat the info you can simply skip it can't you? I don't think it would hurt anyone. It's up to the mods.

Jman
Mon, 04-19-2004, 05:08 PM
i agree this is a good idea. recently the board has been cluttered with some asshat posts by 1 particular member who seems to be an attention whore.

lionheart1012000
Mon, 04-19-2004, 05:18 PM
yeah ive also seen posts like that...omg theres like so much flaming going on. if the ignore function were to be made im sure it would make a lot of good, GW posters happy. and also make some annoying n00bs cry.

AkimichiChouji
Tue, 04-20-2004, 08:42 AM
or block their account or ip for a week or a month for spamming etc and all that sort of crap, like a warning and if they do it again get booted? I don't know just a suggestion..

Munsu
Tue, 04-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by: Power PMV
well, if I repeat the info you can simply skip it can't you? I don't think it would hurt anyone. It's up to the mods.

Samething applies to the person you want to ignore... simply skip his post...

Jman
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

skipping over their post is an option but it becomes a bit annoying when the poster tries his best to reply to every single thread...with asshat comments most if not all of the time and often doubles or in some cases triple posts.

Munsu
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:54 PM
If that is the case I think there should be a ban by gotwoot moderators...

My point being is that I think that if the ignoring does not affect everyone in gotwoot then it will not work very smoothly... so it is better to make the user either ignored for all members in gotwoot or not at all...

AkimichiChouji
Tue, 04-20-2004, 03:34 PM
If that is the case I think there should be a ban by gotwoot moderators...

My point being is that I think that if the ignoring does not affect everyone in gotwoot then it will not work very smoothly... so it is better to make the user either ignored for all members in gotwoot or not at all...

Hence what i said before, why not give them a warning ban of like one week or a month (depending on severity and how many times they do it) then if they do not change their ways permanent?

PaD
Wed, 04-21-2004, 09:05 AM
lego I just read your profile;

First Name: Bill

Last Name: Clinton

Username: Lego

City: Moo

Province/State: Florida

Message Posts: 377

Last Visited On: 04/21/2004 07:54 AM

Average Posts Per Day: 17.95

T_T;

17.95 posts pr day, thats too much.

Try cutting down to ... 5.. mayeb 7 ^^

But I like you (L) <3

Power PMV
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:59 PM

And then if I skip his post and it was something "useful" then I can post it again, and we fall again in what you say you didn't want.

Without the ignore function I'm pissed cuz I have to skip the retards' posts and you are pissed because you will have to skip mine in case I repeat something.

With the ignore function only you will be pissed i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif see, overall there is more happiness.

sangai
Sun, 04-25-2004, 03:23 AM
is it really hard to see who that post is by and then skip over it.