PDA

View Full Version : Would you like some more flashbacks with that kick?

PaD
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:40 AM
Aren't flashbacks ANNOYING?! Seriously-- do any of you like the constant flashbacks, like when Sakura Fights Ino - that wasn't a fight for God's sake! And the last episode (76) was also full of Gaara's twisted childhood!
[Edit]
gaara's flashbacks were accepteable, bu there are many others that ain't! :]

JTD121
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:54 AM
Well, I like the flashbacks sometimes. I agree that the flashbacks during the Sakura vs Ino fight were really unnecessary, but the Gaara flashbacks I thought were cool.

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

sangai
Wed, 03-31-2004, 12:04 PM
i really don't mind flash backs and alot of the time there important and then theres time where they could have been done without

as long as the flash back is in the manga i guess its fine but if you get some random memory "oh i fought haku like this " that really is just random i don't see why it is needed only to drag the story line on a lil bit longer

and might i add that 75 and 76 flashbacks where both in the manga and therfore should be in the episode
its an important part of the story

i take it you would rather know nothing more about gaara then that he's twisted for no reason

jonny-mt
Wed, 03-31-2004, 12:58 PM
The vast majority of the flashbacks are in the manga, but there are some (I'm thinking of the first Kakashi vs. Zabuza, where Sasuke flashes back to 10 SECONDS AGO) that are really unnecessary. I just look at it as them padding their budget so they can do some really good animation when they need to (Sasuke vs. Orochimaru, Lee vs. Gaara, etc).

JTD121
Wed, 03-31-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by: jonny-mt
The vast majority of the flashbacks are in the manga, but there are some (I'm thinking of the first Kakashi vs. Zabuza, where Sasuke flashes back to 10 SECONDS AGO) that are really unnecessary. I just look at it as them padding their budget so they can do some really good animation when they need to (Sasuke vs. Orochimaru, Lee vs. Gaara, etc).

I found that Sasuke flashback more than unneccesary. I don't know how to describe it, but they really didn't need to reminds us of something that had just happened in that particular episode....*shrugs* I found it funny after a while, though, that he had to try to remember events 10 seconds before.

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

Xollence
Wed, 03-31-2004, 04:06 PM
I don't really mind the flashbacks as long as they explain the story a bit more.

Mut
Wed, 03-31-2004, 05:07 PM
personally, i dislike flash backs. there are *some* good ones but ones like gaara's and sakura's are just stupid.

Rek
Wed, 03-31-2004, 06:18 PM
flashbacks are the easiest way to go back to tell a story. If none of these characters had backstory, you wouldn't be able to feel with them, they'd be kinda hard to relate to. (not to mention you'd be confused as fuck.)

Now, even though the inter-episode flashbacks are annoying as balls, try and remember this is a series, aimed at people that don't get to see 5+ episodes at a time (sucks to be them ^_^) so be a little sympathetic....

But yes, the flashbacks from the last episode just are designed to piss you off... and should be destroyed. Yet, can you imagine how gay that scene when Zazuka and Haku die next to each other would be without the flashback? ...it would have been very, very, gay.

But, I like Naruto as it is, and the biggest annoyance I can see is there are no more episodes for me to download (T.T)

Gods_Son
Wed, 03-31-2004, 06:22 PM
I don't mind some flashbacks, but if it's a character like Sakura or Ino who I don't give a crap about, then it just gets annoying. Repeat flashbacks aren't necessary either.

hokageomar
Wed, 03-31-2004, 06:27 PM
i like the flashbacks and if they didnt do them you wouldnt understand the story as well where else are they supposed to put the info

HimizujinEternia
Wed, 03-31-2004, 06:51 PM
Even if I don't like the character, development/backstory flashbacks are always welcome, because I almost always come out of the flashback with new feelings about the character.

I will say this right now: I do not hate any character in Naruto, especially ones that have had development through flashbacks.

For example, I wasn't very fond of Ino or Sakura up until the Ino-Sakura fight. After their flashbacks, however, I liked each one alot more. I rather enjoyed learning more about why they were so vehement against each other, and it developed their relationship with each other beyond that of being rivals for Sasuke.

Another example is Neji. Until his flashback, Neji was my least favorite character in the series. After all, he was a total ass who went on about nonsense like fate and also tried to kill one of my favorite characters, Hinata. However, after his flashback, I understood his character a great deal more and began to like him alot.

Even Sasuke is an interesting character, for someone who has had less development than Sakura characterwise. THe compelling factor about his character is that I know so little and wish to hear all these flashbacks about him

On the flipside, I am getting sick of seeing recaps from earlier episodes, namely Naruto's kunai toss that has been shown probably 15 times since the end of episode 8.

simplyxme
Wed, 03-31-2004, 08:15 PM
yea i like the flashbacks. its always good to have a well developed story and well developed characters but there are some really unncessary ones but i dont really mind. I rather have a lot of flashbacks then none though because then it'll just turn out to be like dragonball z (not that i hate it) but thats what makes naruto different, its just not consstant fighting.

sangai
Wed, 03-31-2004, 10:42 PM
yeah naruto sometimes has pointless flash backs

i can't thing of one time that dbz didn't have a meaning full flash back

they where always intresting

knightvision91
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:10 PM
i don't like some flashbacks but important flashbacks yes

frexeze
Thu, 04-01-2004, 12:30 AM
i really think the flashbacks help build the story.. even though it might detract from what you're really interested in, they add more than they take away

tensai
Thu, 04-01-2004, 01:21 AM
i dont really mind the flashbacks, like some of you said, they are essential for knowing about the characters, and how they are the way they are now

i thought that the sakura and ino flashback was boring, but it explains why they dislike each other, so it was not totally useless

Mut
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by: tensai
i dont really mind the flashbacks, like some of you said, they are essential for knowing about the characters, and how they are the way they are now

i thought that the sakura and ino flashback was boring, but it explains why they dislike each other, so it was not totally useless

yes, it was. they're always competing with each other. one example is that they both like sasuke. and they made it clear ever since both of them were introduced.

Krbadass
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:47 AM
Im sick of flashback threads, use the search to find old ones. locked