PDA

View Full Version : kakashi in his prime?

originalkrn
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Is Kakashi in his prime or is he gonna become any more powerful? He was a student of the 4th, so he probably might become an even more incredible ninja.

Gods_Son
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:18 PM
I don't think Kakashi will become more powerful than he ever was before. Some people think that he still hasn't revealed the full extent of skills yet though.

G-Pong
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:25 PM
We havent seen all of his 1000 copied skills, but we have seen his ONLY original technique. I believe at one point he noticed he was slacking in his training/strength, and needed to become a stronger ninja, so there may be some improvement of Kakashi in the future.

Gods_Son
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:51 PM
We're never going to see the 1000 jutsus he copied. Some are obviously going to better and more useful than others, so he probably only uses those. He might train and get a little better, but I doubt he'll improve all that much. I think he might've been stronger before, he says when he fights Zabuza that it had been a while since he fought such a dangerous battle, so he might just return to his peak condition.

Mut
Wed, 03-31-2004, 12:08 AM
unfortunately, i don't think kakashi will play as a big of a role he did early in the storyline. but i would really wish that kakashi ends up kicking some major ass, his last fight wasn't pretty. D:

XwingRob
Wed, 03-31-2004, 01:11 AM
Off topic: G-Pong, your sig makes me chuckle. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
On Topic: I don't think he is going to be growing any stronger(if he does, it will be miniscuile, imo), because what usually happens is that the students will beat the master in the power-level department(points at Dragonball).
But it will be a long time before his students beat him though.

lasaire
Wed, 03-31-2004, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I really want to see Kakashi kick ass like he did in the beginning.

However, as to whether or not he was in his prime, the official character stats released in Shonen Jump (American release in September 2003, but I'm assuming they come from the Japanese version as well.) state that Kakashi's jutsu, stealth and wisdom stats are his highest, but that his latent abilities are the ones to look out for. "He still has a lot of room to grow."

26 is pretty young, and if this is anything to go by (and it IS official shonen jump material) then we haven't seen all his potential.

Assertn
Wed, 03-31-2004, 01:59 AM
no sense in making kakashi stronger....the only reason why he would need to be is to defeat kabuto, orochimaru, or itachi......and im sure they'll save those battles for other characters

originalkrn
Wed, 03-31-2004, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by: XwingRob
Off topic: G-Pong, your sig makes me chuckle. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
On Topic: I don't think he is going to be growing any stronger(if he does, it will be miniscuile, imo), because what usually happens is that the students will beat the master in the power-level department(points at Dragonball).
But it will be a long time before his students beat him though.

well, if what usually happens is that students will beat the master in power-level, shouldn't kakashi be able to beat the 4th? and the 4th is ultimately poweful and was also kakashi's sensei.

XwingRob
Wed, 03-31-2004, 06:38 AM
*coughs*you got me there*coughs*

Uh...

Um...

*runs away

itachi_
Wed, 03-31-2004, 09:39 AM
I think he already has passed his prime, when he was an ANBU he was known to be extremly skilled, in other words like a assassin, but now he probably know more techniques and are more experienced but I don't know, he was strong at age 6 too, a chuunin.

lasaire
Wed, 03-31-2004, 01:22 PM
I think we will see Kakashi vs. Kabuto; they've set the two up as rivals. Orochimaru mentions more than once that Kabuto 'is strong, but only about as much as Kakashi.' Jiraiya mentions that the 'glasses guy has the same strength level as Kakashi.'

Kakashi also mentions being frustrated with his level of strength after Kabuto manages to escape from him. His very next appearance is the cliff-climbing training on his way to meet Sasuke.

All this set up makes me think the two will definately meet, and that Kakashi will be stronger than the previous time.

Assertn
Wed, 03-31-2004, 03:03 PM
i dunno.....i think i see a rematch between naruto and kabuto happening moreso than one between kakashi and kabuto.
especially since they've known each other since way back in the chuunin exam....it would seem more ironic for them to fight.

although there's always the chance that kabuto WILL at one point betray orochimaru and join the good side

Moriarte
Wed, 03-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Hmm...would not be unexpected to see LEE fight KAbuto . I feel it would be great to have Lee beat someone who has access to ninjutsus and genjutsus finally.

Knives122
Wed, 04-07-2004, 01:11 AM
well technically kakashi is still in his prime, so he should be even better than he was before

Raven
Wed, 04-07-2004, 02:35 AM
We have to determine what is meant by "prime". If you're talking about physical fitness and age, then in your early to mid 20's is your prime, that's where Kakashi is now.

If you're talking about skill level, then Kakashi is probably at his peak now too, seeing as he knows 1000+ jutsus, and he seems pretty competent in martial arts also, and the general ways of a ninja.

So, unless he starts bodybuilding and gaining more physical strength and stamina and improving his already impressive speed, then he's probably in his "prime" now. I don't think he's going to improve much because his character probably won't be focused on that much in the future.

Moriarte
Thu, 04-08-2004, 06:33 PM
I think "prime" means that everything (mind, body, spirit, energy) is as high as they all can be together. As he grows older, his body will decay, but his spirit, energy and mind will increase.
So his prime is as he is now, in a fashion.

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 04-08-2004, 09:02 PM
In the world of Naruto, seems like age 25-50 is ideal for the most powerful characters.

Mythos10101
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:40 PM
In episode 55, while Kakashi is climbing the cliffs, his exact words are "This rock climbing training is tougher than the last time...Damn, my body has weakened." So he is not in his prime...Your question has been answered...No, Kakashi is not in his prime...

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-10-2004, 08:31 PM
Being a bit out of shape while still being in your prime is entirely possible. Look at many young athletes in the off-season, especially football players, they often get a little soft, but can easily whip it together when the season comes back around.

Remember, Kakashi has had to babysit a pack of Genins for a LONG time, which means a lack of difficult missions and time to dedicate to Jounin-level training and activities.

Imho, Kakashi is in his prime, but has been neglecting his potential for a while. With the action heating up, he will probably be increasing his skill set accordingly.

Himura_san
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by: Mythos10101
In episode 55, while Kakashi is climbing the cliffs, his exact words are "This rock climbing training is tougher than the last time...Damn, my body has weakened." So he is not in his prime...Your question has been answered...No, Kakashi is not in his prime...

I think you may have the wrong understanding of what we mean by "prime".
We use this word to say the age at which a person may have his full potential in strength, intelligence and so forth. A person may reach that age and through lack of training not meet his full potential. I remember the scene you described, Kakashi had trouble climbing but it could for various reasons, maybe he had not done intense training for a while. From what I understand a males prime is between the ages of 25-35. We really don't know if Kakashi is past his prime or whether he has yet to reach it. I guess we should wait and see.

Knives122
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:54 PM
I think hes still at his prime, b/c hes at his strongest now

Mythos10101
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Maybe if you mean his chakra and jutsu skills, but phsyically he isn't...As seen before in the Naruto it doesn't matter if you have tons of jutsu to use if the enemy is too fast for you to hit...So for me he isn't in is prime...Prime is the peak of your physical and mental state...And it has been proven that Kakashi isn't in his physical prime...

Raven
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:57 AM
No, it hasn't been proven. Like MemnochTheCaT said, you can be in your prime and still be out of shape or slightly unfit, which is all Kakashi was when climbing the mountain.

Mut
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:02 AM
god...again, people are claiming random shit without it ever being said in the story. just amazing.

Himura_san
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
god...again, people are claiming random shit without it ever being said in the story. just amazing.
That's what happens in an open-ended discussion, and you've been guilty of this yourself. ^_^

Lithonite
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Kakashi is a growing ninja, just like the rest of the leaf. So willhe get stronger yes, do i think he has some insane trump card he hasnt pulled; no( case and point fight with itachi- he got owned, when he was going to fight Oro, he would have gotten owned an knew it ) he is trong probubly top 3, top 5 of the leafs jounin( not counting the nobles ).