PDA

View Full Version : Battle Angel Alita, Last Order

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 03-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Has anyone read this manga? I really love it. The characters are likable and the sci fi concepts fresh and interesting.

For me, this manga is only second to Naruto.

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 03-30-2004, 01:58 PM
I've been meaning to get the BAA Graphic Novels for a while now, but funds are low...

I was just about to watch the OVA for the first time before I came to this post i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

dormcat
Wed, 03-31-2004, 01:06 AM
Better start from the original GUNNM (I hate this 'Battle Angel' mis-translation.) IMHO GUNNM is one of the best manga ever created. Second to Naruto?! For me GUNNM is second only to Nausicaa (manga version) by Hayao Miyazaki.

BTW the English version changed a lot of names, such as Jeru and Salem. Many original names have biblical references (Jacob's Ladder, Melchizedek, Gabriel, etc.) and real places like NORAD and Kansas City, and I wonder whether the licenser are afraid of some form of accusation from parents et al.

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:07 PM
The anime didn't seem to give the whole story...I read a review of the manga (in a magazine which always pretty much gives the entire plot away for some reason) and there was a major thing that didn't happen in the second episode...

Anyway I've definitely got to get the manga now as the anime showed promise...though the dubbed voices made me cringe (as always)...who the hell actually does the acting voices for the dubbing...I could give a more believable performance and I'd do it for £20!! It makes the show seem like Pokemon just from the cheesyness and bad acting...