PDA

View Full Version : Why?

PaD
Mon, 03-29-2004, 11:36 AM
So, ever since I've downloaded and watched like two-five episodes daily of Naruto, I've been wondering why the series aint called 'Sasuke-kun'?
He has the ladies after him.
He's probably the most powerful amongst them.
He has sharingan.
He definetivly looks cool.
He's from the Uchiha.

Maybe the Forth made a mistake sealing the fox inside Naruto, he should've sealed it inside Sasuke.
Naruto could be this funny-idiot on the side of Sasuke trying to be cool so everyone could laugh at him.
I'm not saying I don't like Naruto, he's great and funny. But Sasuke is much more powerful

I'm sorry if I offended any Naruto fans, I hope you won't ban me from the forum, but it's just my opinion i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

~PaD

Hey, I know it's ignorant to say this... I know I'll get alot of negative feed-back :S Sorry

lasaire
Mon, 03-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Well, first of all, thank you for being polite! :-) Even if I hated your opinions I would still like you for that!!

Secondly, how far have you seen? I don't want to spoil you.

Thirdly, the reason Sasuke is such a main player is partly due to the fact that he's Kishimoto's favorite character. Kishimoto mentions in an interview that Sasuke is the most difficult for him to draw without making him look too old, so he had to put more effort into making him look the way he wanted to. From that, he became the artist's favorite.

I think, though, that the reason Naruto is the main character is because he's the one that really learns all the lessons of the heart. All the things that we are supposed to take away from the series are things that Naruto learns and goes through. Sasuke starts off as the dark, brooding revenger character, and up until the most recent anime sub, he's still the dark, brooding revenger character. He has yet to really grow or show any change. Flat characters like that may be interesting, but without Naruto's growth the story wouldn't really advance in any meaningful way.

r3n
Mon, 03-29-2004, 12:16 PM
the creator of naruto the series said that one of the most important themes in naruto is the underdog coming through, this is the same in loads of anime series. so u look at the character naruto and think how can this clumsy fool possibly beat such a cool guy like sasuke? well cos he has dreams and the willpower to work however hard it takes to achieve them. tbh if the series was about a person who was already perfect it would lack character development and would soon get boring.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 03-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by: lasaire
Well, first of all, thank you for being polite! :-) Even if I hated your opinions I would still like you for that!!

Man, you have class...
and I will leave it like that, before I lose mine i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Well, at least he wasn't talking about Sakura-chan.

PaD
Mon, 03-29-2004, 12:50 PM
I haven't watched episode 76 yet, but I'm on 75.
I don't read the manga.

Oh, and something else;
I thinkI've missed the part where Sasuke meets Itachi - I've seen so many pictures of Uchiha Itachi, I don't know that is (I believe it's the brother...) =)

itachi_
Mon, 03-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Haha LOL you couldn't have seen many episodes after saying "He's probably the most powerful amongst them" , he deffinetly ain't.

sangai
Mon, 03-29-2004, 12:56 PM
He has the ladies after him. "he tends to ignore them i think he may be gay"
He's probably the most powerful amongst them. "not really"
He has sharingan. "so kakashi and his brother have it to"
He definetivly looks cool. "yeah so he has one thin going for him"
He's from the Uchiha. "yeah he was kinda born that way, there not all that great"

naruto on the other hand
goes after the ladies
is truely thee strongest becuase of his potentially untapped power
he has one of the strongest demons ever sealed within him
naruto looks bad ass all kyuubified
hes u-zu-ma-ki na-ru-to what more could you want

but hes still a good character

PaD
Mon, 03-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Haha LOL back at you itachi.
You said it yourself "He's probably the most powerful amongst them."
Read it again; P R O B A B L Y.
Sharingan owns, if he could just train and gain his chakra-capacity, he could become the next hokage.
But I see what you guys are saying, Naruto isn't perfect, but he tries to improve and he does. It's not only anime, it's a lesson we all could use.
And hey, since you guys are defending Naruto so strongly, I'll stop posting in this thread, I just want to read your opinions.
Again, sorry.
No need to hate me after the thread is locked, I just tried to start a little mind-storm ^_^

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 03-29-2004, 01:31 PM
huuuuuuuuuhhhhh, I am staying waaaaaaaay clear of this threat heh, heh
Ok, couldn't help it.
It should be called Sasky-kuuuuuuuuun.
It does make sense, considered that those are by far the two most uttered words in all series, due to the relentless effords of Sakura alone. Who says she is afraid of training????

Assertn
Mon, 03-29-2004, 01:50 PM
sasuke's getting all the attention because he's an uchiha and everyone underestimates naruto......sakura, gaara, orochimaru, even kakashi at times seem to doubt what naruto is capable of

he's still got alot to prove

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 03-29-2004, 01:52 PM
The only one who believes in him is...
HINATA!!!!!!!!!!!!i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
There a woman (and the only one) who can't care less about Saska-kun.
How can you people not LOVE her?
And that, not because she believes in Naruto...

Death BOO Z
Mon, 03-29-2004, 02:10 PM
I got to admit you have a point, ever since the story started and until the most recent manga chapters, the main focus was on Sasuke, and it looks like Kishimoto is trying to make Naruto look like a complete loser, even now.
Sasuke could make an amazing main charecter if he had his own anime, but since he's not the main charecter, his nonstop interfernce in the plotline gets annoying...

notice how, from the second episode until the Neji fight, Naruto never had his own moment of glory. all of his fights were won thanks to either the Kyubi (haku or orochimaru) or were plain stupid (rain nins and Kiba), Sasuke had his glory shown every two episodes...

Sasuke should learn from Killua (Hunter X Hunter) how to be a good sidekick, even though Killua is much stronger\smarter\cooler than Gon, he still leaves the main spotlight to Gon.

itachi_
Mon, 03-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Are you nut, he's not even "probably" the most strongest, neji, naruto, gaara, everyone is stronger then him, all the jounins, kage, sennin's etc, he's not strong, he's sasgay.

lasaire
Mon, 03-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Sasuke and Naruto are BOTH way short of their total potential. That's all there is to say on the 'who's stronger' argument. The end.

Itachi shows up in the manga...that's why all the art floating around with him.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 03-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by: itachi_
Are you nut, he's not even "probably" the most strongest, neji, naruto, gaara, everyone is stronger then him, all the jounins, kage, sennin's etc, he's not strong, he's sasgay.

Love thy bro, itachi...

PaD
Mon, 03-29-2004, 02:55 PM
DO NOT tell me you haven't thought about this exact thing.
Because you have...

itachi_
Mon, 03-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Err??? 0_o or not.

NewGuyinTown
Mon, 03-29-2004, 04:41 PM
"Sasuke starts off as the dark, brooding revenger character, and up until the most recent anime sub, he's still the dark, brooding revenger character. He has yet to really grow or show any change. Flat characters like that may be interesting, but without Naruto's growth the story wouldn't really advance in any meaningful way."

Sasuke's ambition doesn't change, but he show many changes throughout the anime. He threw himself in front of Naruto to protect him and fighting Orochimaru without running away (so he can live to fight his brother). Because of Naruto, everyone in Konoha changed, Neji, Hinata, Sasuke, Konohamaru, and Zabuza (he's not from Konoha).

Naruto is the strongest. So far, he possess the most chakra making him the strongest. Naruto is full of surprises (Ex. Transforming into shuriken... btw, Kakashi said that). The strongest doesn't mean he's the best ninja. In my opinion, I think Naruto can beat Sasuke. Sasuke have the sharingan and he uses it to see and counterattack the same techniques that are already done before, putting him one step ahead of his opponent. It doesn't work well against a person that comes up with new tricks and especially if you don't have the chakra to stop it, too.

I think I heard Orochimaru said Sasuke have the ability to learn the "best technique" and didn't learn it yet, but I'm not sure if I remember right.

sangai
Mon, 03-29-2004, 04:47 PM
naruto will out run and out last sasuke hell the first time you actually see them fight sasuke gets beat "tied up"

sasuke is not that good

Mut
Mon, 03-29-2004, 05:01 PM
naruto sucks. he's too plain.

PaD
Mon, 03-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Ok, wait, you misunderstood.
I wasn't telling you that Sasuke is better then Naruto.
I was just wodnering why Sasuke is taking most seriously, and Naruto is actually laughed at when he doesn't fight and turn the battles up-side-down.
Outside battle Naruto is worth 'jacked shit' to the other characters (only one showing that she takes him seriously is Hyuuga Hinata)

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 03-29-2004, 06:00 PM
1. Uchiha, the name talks.
2. The fact that the name is followed by "Blood-line" (spooky shit).
3. Naruto has the curse of Kyubi.
4. Because of Kyubi everyone hates Naruto (the grown-ups).
5. Because of the grown-ups also the kids hate Naruto.

There you have it, this is the only reason making Sasuke "look" bigger and better than Naruto.

Sasuke has had respect since his birth. Naruto has had to earn every bit of respect with blood, sweat and bloody hard tears. No wonder, anyone could figure this one out.

If Sasuke is black then Naruto is white, he is good and Sasuke is evil, that's my conclusion. And it's Naruto's job to turn Sasuke around.

List of people acknowledging Naruto:

1. Neji (maybe the strongest influence on him).
2. Hinata (never have had any doubt in him).
3. Kakashi (he knows the great power of both Naruto "and" kyubi).
4. Hokage (he fears the power along with the people but keeps faith in Naruto).
5. Haku (he died by the hands of Kakashi, but it could might as well had been Naruto giving it to him).
5. Zabuza.
6. Kiba.
7. Rock Lee (he's amazed 'cause Naruto beat up Neji).
8. Sakura (even she admits he's strenght).

Naruto is here to change people's hearts i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif And he does it with flying colors.

I bet that Naruto will beat the bloody crap out of Gaara making Sasuke look like a fool, because that's what he is.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 03-29-2004, 06:08 PM
[i].

I bet that Naruto will beat the bloody crap out of Gaara making Sasuke look like a fool, because that's what he is.

Huh, I don't think Naruto has to beat Gaara to make Sasuke look like a fool. Even in his stupidity, Naruto is way smarter/braver tha Sasuke. IMO, he showed his true nature during the fight with Oro. He was ready to give the scrool away, and would have done so, if it weren't for Naruto.
Yes, it's stupid for a Genin to go ahead and try to face Oro. But that was the decent thing to do. And Sasuke proved that he can't do decent things on his own.

Assertn
Mon, 03-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by: dazzz
naruto sucks. he's too plain.

naruto in himself is kinda plain in his personality and his appearance, but the jutsus he learns are very interesting ones. Take kage bunshin for example.....most of the time, this is the kind of ability reserved for major villians of anime series. Perhaps as a way to make the main character look good by being able to beat the crap out of 100 copies of a certain enemy. But giving it to a kid who's the main character in the series DOES leave things open to unique results

lasaire
Mon, 03-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Naruto is here to change people's hearts And he does it with flying colors

Hear ye! Hear ye! This IS the answer folks. Well said.

SofaKing
Mon, 03-29-2004, 08:09 PM
You might as well be asking "why isn't the show called Kakashi", because he's stronger than Sasuke.

The story is mainly about Naruto becoming stronger. He doesn't need to be the strongest. In fact, that would make the series less interesting: Naruto wouldn't have
anything to fight for if he was already the strongest.

simplyxme
Mon, 03-29-2004, 10:49 PM
I think naruto is anything but plain. He might act dumb and silly and all that but he's the funloving, "i live to protect the people i care about", "i have a dream and i'll make it come true" kinda guy and thats what everyone needs! plus why would you want some guy whos really negative and dark and is only living for revenge to be the main character? where's the love?? we need some LOVE~ hahaa

El Duende
Mon, 03-29-2004, 11:17 PM
i must say I prefer Naruto. But the relation between them and the idea of having both of them at the same level of protagonism is awesome. It makes the show better and makes all of us discuss who is better.

I prefer Naruto but i also like sakura. Maybe i like the powerless characters jajajaj

Everon
Tue, 03-30-2004, 02:18 AM
I believe it could really be either way. You could have had a story about Sasuke (which has that whole revenge-noir batman thing) or you could have a story about Naruto (learning to grow story). Each has its different appeal, but I think Kishimoto choose the latter because its a story thats used a lot less by the film industry.

I mean cmon how many revenge themed movies have you seen? Revenge of the Nerds, Batman, Porky's Revenge, Macbeth, Rambo, Rocky 4, Star Wars(you killed my father!), to name a few.

Krbadass
Tue, 03-30-2004, 02:26 AM
Well, it doesn't really matter who is the main character, i mean obviously naruto is. But I like sasuke better in some ways.. who really cares. But it boils down to a good show anyway =)

itsgalf
Tue, 03-30-2004, 05:31 AM
I don't think Kyubi would have been able to be sealed in Sasuke...um...efficiently!? (can't find the right word)

Naruto has the most stamina probably of all the characters and the most will. Those are probably two character traits that are important for containing the Kyubi. I'm not sure, but I think one of the characters said that the Kyubi chakra caused Naruto to suck at chakra control (maybe Jaraiya). He wastes a bunch of chakra, but because of his stamina, he can still become a good ninja. Sasuke, on the other hand...probably couldn't. Not sure about that one

TheRaider
Tue, 03-30-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by: itsgalf
I don't think Kyubi would have been able to be sealed in Sasuke...um...efficiently!? (can't find the right word)

Naruto has the most stamina probably of all the characters and the most will. Those are probably two character traits that are important for containing the Kyubi. I'm not sure, but I think one of the characters said that the Kyubi chakra caused Naruto to suck at chakra control (maybe Jaraiya). He wastes a bunch of chakra, but because of his stamina, he can still become a good ninja. Sasuke, on the other hand...probably couldn't. Not sure about that one

actually i think naruto sucked controlling his chakra due to the bad perfomed seal of oro. .

Everon
Tue, 03-30-2004, 06:12 PM
no even after oro's seal was broken, naruto no matter what has terrible chakra control (it just was more unstable with the seal) Because of the mixture of his chakra with the Kyuubi he will always have an unstable power control (its like OJ and milk) but also because of this he has an immense chakra pool and thus he should, as Jiraya states, focus on drawing from that large power source instead of focusing on control.

Why Kyuubi placed in Sasuke? Sasuke still had parents while Naruto did not (speculation here), and they probably didn't want him "turning into a monster" or thinking that he would be a monster.

hokageomar
Tue, 03-30-2004, 09:11 PM
im just going to say that sasuke is not as strong as naruto now that he can access the power of the demon fox he might seem stupid and what not but then it comes down to it he has more heart and determination and is pure and innocent. So my vote def. goes to naruto. Besides everyone should have someone to compete with and as the show progresses i think naruto will become stronger than sasuke. I would even go as far as to name the show after rock lee before i did after sasuke.

Rek
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:12 PM
I haven't read the manga yet, so, I could be totally wrong.

I think the reason they made Sasuke so strong, is because that is the driving force behind Naruto's training and improvement. Sasuke is what Naruto wants to be, Cool, Powerful, steals the spotlight, Sakura <3's him... and all the enemies want to know his name. They have had atleast 2 episodes covering this...

Now, for Sasuke being the strongest. Because he's an Uchiha. It's not that much, I mean, the Hyuuga line is better. Also, he's not just dark and revengeful like... I mean, it seems as if everyone and their Jounin has some ulterior motive to becoming the strongest. ninja. ever. Especially Sasuke. So, ya kinda gotta forgive his dark and evil side, because (compared to Sasuke) Gaara is a pussy. And I'm not talking powers, strength, or even hatred.

But, I'm about to start rambling, so I should sum this up....

It's called Naruto, because the show was meant to have a humerous side, a mystical side, an inspiring side, as well as a completely, totally, ohmygod that was so hard core side. Which is why this show is so freaking awesome. Now, if you had to pick a character, out of all of the characters, that represented humor, mystical ninjaness, inspiration, and sweet zombi jesus, who would you pick?

Definately not .... Uchiha Sasuke

PS-

I don't think Sasuke is really that dark or evil, he just would wants to be stronger and needs to be in order to beat his brother.

Uhm... yeah he is... he's filled with hate. He's not evil Per Se, but neither was Haku...

Gods_Son
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:36 PM
I agree that Sasuke being stronger, is what pushes Naruto farther. I don't think Sasuke is really that dark or evil, he just would wants to be stronger and needs to be in order to beat his brother. Naruto might be stronger now with Kyubi power, but they'll always be close to each other in strength or their rivalry will become stupid. I don't really care about Sasuke being the main character instead of Naruto, the show is good as it is.

Xollence
Wed, 03-31-2004, 02:06 AM
It's because the whole story has to do with Naruto. Sasuke only has a small part of the story compared to Naruto.

PaD
Wed, 03-31-2004, 10:29 AM
If the demon fox would've been sealed into Sakura, she would be the greatest of them all, as Kakashi has said so many times, she has the best chakra control. She would know how to use the Kyubi's powers.
Now.
If Sasuke would've gotten the 'red chakra' he would totally rock, but there are some chances that he'd use them in pure evil-deeds like Orichimaru.

But, I'm also wondering, did Uzumaki receive the powers becuase the Fourth had thought about it? Or was it pure random decission? 'Take the first boy you can find' ?

Seriously, if the one chisen to receive the powers of the Kyubi, who woudl you chose?
Sasuke, Naruto or Sakura?
The first impression you get of Naruto is 'Oh holy crap, what a funny clown'.
The first impression you get of Sasuke is 'Fuck, that's a hard mother fucker.'
The first impression of Sakura is 'Cute...' when she climbs the trees, you get to know how smart se really is, she has the smarts :]

SofaKing
Wed, 03-31-2004, 10:56 AM
"If the demon fox would've been sealed into Sakura, she would be the greatest of them all, as Kakashi has said so many times, she has the best chakra control. She would know how to use the Kyubi's powers.
Now."

Sakura only has good chakra control because she has so little chakra that she can't afford to waste it. Besides,
how great can you be when all you do is sit on your ass while Naruto and Sasuke do all of the fighting?

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by: PaD
If the demon fox would've been sealed into Sakura, she would be the greatest of them all, as Kakashi has said so many times, she has the best chakra control. She would know how to use the Kyubi's powers.
Now.
If Sasuke would've gotten the 'red chakra' he would totally rock, but there are some chances that he'd use them in pure evil-deeds like Orichimaru.

But, I'm also wondering, did Uzumaki receive the powers becuase the Fourth had thought about it? Or was it pure random decission? 'Take the first boy you can find' ?

Seriously, if the one chisen to receive the powers of the Kyubi, who woudl you chose?
Sasuke, Naruto or Sakura?
The first impression you get of Naruto is 'Oh holy crap, what a funny clown'.
The first impression you get of Sasuke is 'Fuck, that's a hard mother fucker.'
The first impression of Sakura is 'Cute...' when she climbs the trees, you get to know how smart se really is, she has the smarts :]

I simply can't agree with you. Naruto do have his own strenght, and because Naruto is Naruto, he is able to control Kyubi. They have said that 1. If the bearer is to weak, Kyubi will eventually take over it's host. 2. If the person is full of evil intents, he or she will be consumed by the power.

So both Sakura and Sasuke would probably die if they had Kyubi or at least totally loose control over their own will.

Naruto isn't only strong because he has Kyubi you know. His ideas in fights and his own chakra exceeds the avarage person, and so does his stamina, which Kakashi by the way said in the early eps. Naruto has low confidence, and I think this is the main reason why he always look like a foll in front of others usually. When it really counts, he has never been acting like a jerk or fooled around.

And who would i choose for to receive the Kyubi?

Naruto - A kind guy with no evil intents (Which was my first impression of him)
Sasuke - An arrogant bastard who only cares for himself and his stupid revenge.
Sakura - A studying girl (the only thing she is good at by the way) who screams "Sasuke" every time she sees him, and by the way is inconsiderate and very very egoistical and in general isn't nice to others if (of course) they haven't risked their own asses to save her.

Now, to me this is a clear choice, Naruto is the only one who is kind enough, is strong and although he makes mistakes the person to come up and save persons knowing that he might die doing it.

PaD
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:19 AM
When a person receives the power of the Kyubi, they adapt to this and their body accepts it.
Since Naruto had it since he was a little child, his body has grown used to this beast.
If Sasuke had this seal, he would also be strong enough to maintain the power.

hokageomar
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
I haven't read the manga yet, so, I could be totally wrong.

I think the reason they made Sasuke so strong, is because that is the driving force behind Naruto's training and improvement. Sasuke is what Naruto wants to be, Cool, Powerful, steals the spotlight, Sakura <3's him... and all the enemies want to know his name. They have had atleast 2 episodes covering this...

Now, for Sasuke being the strongest. Because he's an Uchiha. It's not that much, I mean, the Hyuuga line is better. Also, he's not just dark and revengeful like... I mean, it seems as if everyone and their Jounin has some ulterior motive to becoming the strongest. ninja. ever. Especially Sasuke. So, ya kinda gotta forgive his dark and evil side, because (compared to Sasuke) Gaara is a pussy. And I'm not talking powers, strength, or even hatred.

But, I'm about to start rambling, so I should sum this up....

It's called Naruto, because the show was meant to have a humerous side, a mystical side, an inspiring side, as well as a completely, totally, ohmygod that was so hard core side. Which is why this show is so freaking awesome. Now, if you had to pick a character, out of all of the characters, that represented humor, mystical ninjaness, inspiration, and sweet zombi jesus, who would you pick?

Definately not .... Uchiha Sasuke

PS-

I don't think Sasuke is really that dark or evil, he just would wants to be stronger and needs to be in order to beat his brother.

Uhm... yeah he is... he's filled with hate. He's not evil Per Se, but neither was Haku...

Garra is no pussy compared to sasuke you are crazy. How come garra is manhandling sasuke? And i would rather go through what sasuke did then what gara did. Being as i was fat before i found the sport of bodybuilding being an outcast is hard, plus knowing your own family wants you dead and no one likes you. At least sasuke has girls chasing him around. It gives him the ego he has knowing hes the best in his class. Garra has nothing and wants nothing. If u ask me to compare the two sasuke is the pussy

hokageomar
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:21 AM
oh by the way sasuke couldnt handle kyubi he has his own problems if anyone can remember around the middle of the second part of the chunin exam he got bit my someone, i beleive there was a seal that made him stronger and he still cant controll that let alone the force and power of kyubi

PaD
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:21 AM
hokageomar

I do know how it feels like being alone, and I woudl go thru Sasuke's pain in front of Gaara's any time.
Kill your own mother and being an outcast must be the wordt pain you can feel and not touch.

Again, I repeat, I know how this feels like, begind alone and being an outcast.
PS: I've not kileld my mom :]

When Sasuke got bitten by Orichimaru, he was grown, Naruto has had the Kyubi seal since he was a little baby.

*EDIT* Please don't double post. Use the edit button. Thanks.

sangai
Wed, 03-31-2004, 12:09 PM
and we don't really know that much about the seal on sasukes neck like what it does or how it works other than what has been told to you in episodes

PaD
Wed, 03-31-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by: simplyxme
I think naruto is anything but plain. He might act dumb and silly and all that but he's the funloving, "i live to protect the people i care about", "i have a dream and i'll make it come true" kinda guy and thats what everyone needs! plus why would you want some guy whos really negative and dark and is only living for revenge to be the main character? where's the love?? we need some LOVE~ hahaa

I'll give you some love i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
*hehe*

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 03-31-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by: PaD
When a person receives the power of the Kyubi, they adapt to this and their body accepts it.
Since Naruto had it since he was a little child, his body has grown used to this beast.
If Sasuke had this seal, he would also be strong enough to maintain the power.

You're partly correct, but they did explain that if Naruto had been a person with evil intents the Kyubi chakra would eventually take over the person because of the evil power within Kyubi, so Naruto would have been consumed if he were evil, sooner or later.

Assertn
Wed, 03-31-2004, 05:25 PM
wow, scrolling down this thread makes me think this is an episode of ER, seeing conversations between all the doctor type avatars

lol, sorry i just had to say that

Shinji Ikari: when did they say that? i think you're confusing it with sasuke's curse seal

Rek
Wed, 03-31-2004, 06:08 PM
to PaD and Hokage Omar, I kinda see where yall are coming from, with the Gaara going thru "worse" than Sasuke... but 1st off, Gaara never knew his mother, she was killed during child birth. ...by him. And he has been through some very screwed up stuff. And it is a continuing trait with every character that had atleast an episode to themselves, they were all alone. Everyone.

But you are not grasping that Sasuke watched his brother kill his entire clan. Of Uchiha's. A clan is your family, so he saw everyone he was raised with killed by his brother. I'm pretty sure that the Uchiha's had a village to their own, given the lack of interference with the slaying. So this was everyone that he knew destroyed by what I think is safe to assume, was his best friend. He also has to live with a purpose: To kill his brother. Someone made a point earlier (PaD, and Shinji Ikari) that the Uchiha clan ownz... so the person that killed them has to be kinda strong...

So, that's why I think Sasuke went through more than Gaara. Thats a personal opinion.

Now, to what you said:

Garra is no pussy compared to sasuke you are crazy. How come garra is manhandling sasuke?

in reply to this:

So, ya kinda gotta forgive his dark and evil side, because (compared to Sasuke) Gaara is a pussy. And I'm not talking powers, strength, or even hatred.

so... talking about sasuke getting pwned is kinda irrelevent

Gods_Son
Wed, 03-31-2004, 06:25 PM
Who went through a rougher past is all opinion, and whether you think Gaara is a pussy or not, he is still quite strong with that demon in him. That's why Sasuke can't compete with him, it doesn't really have to do with either of their pasts.

Assertn
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:04 PM
well, there is still a little more about gaara's past that i cant quite discuss yet, and in my opinion its stuff thats even sadder than what they've shown so far....so you might want to hold off on that debate just a little bit more

Iznogoud
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:31 PM
They couldn't call the series Sasgay kun...
Would have been a bad name!
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
sasuke is just a dumb retard in this anime...he's the one that didn't read the script and got fired but then he wanted to come back and they made him a bad guy...
He doesn't understand anything, and relies on another bad guy to be powerful, that's bullshit and that's why he has to die i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

sangai
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:45 PM
with the current story arc there is no point for sasuke to ever come back

what would happen if he went back to the leaf

gee, he would be kept under lock and key and never trusted again

that would make sasuke useless, so he either has to die or never return as a good guy

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by: sangai sakusei
with the current story arc there is no point for sasuke to ever come back

what would happen if he went back to the leaf

gee, he would be kept under lock and key and never trusted again

that would make sasuke useless, so he either has to die or never return as a good guy

It's kinda redundant for me to say this, but I soooooo agree with you... heh, heh
My theory is: They should kill him and give his eyes to Rocky Lee, can't think of anyone more deserving.
He is an overall liability to Konoha, no time for bleeding hearts now.

Hajime-Saitou
Thu, 04-01-2004, 12:16 AM
I used to get mad and hate how sasuke got all the attention and seemed stronger untill i saw a certain showdown with naruto and sasuke and now the itachi arc it seems naruto is really starting to steal the show back very pleasing i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Gods_Son
Thu, 04-01-2004, 12:23 AM
I don't know, Rock Lee's goofy eyes are kind of part of his style. Besides, I don't think Sharingan would look nearly as cool under fuzzy eyebrows. I doubt that they'll finish off sasuke any time soon. If they bring him back, he could say he was kidnapped, so they wouldn't always be watching over him.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-01-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
I don't know, Rock Lee's goofy eyes are kind of part of his style. Besides, I don't think Sharingan would look nearly as cool under fuzzy eyebrows. I doubt that they'll finish off sasuke any time soon. If they bring him back, he could say he was kidnapped, so they wouldn't always be watching over him.

Yeah, you have a point in there, with the sharingan eyes and Rocky.
Well, I know he won't be killed any time soon, but one can dream... or even write a fanfic about it... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Ok, Sasuke gets scouted by a talent agency and goes work as a model for GAP. And marries Sakura...and they give up on the Ninja biz and everybody lives happily ever after...

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 04-01-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
wow, scrolling down this thread makes me think this is an episode of ER, seeing conversations between all the doctor type avatars

lol, sorry i just had to say that

Shinji Ikari: when did they say that? i think you're confusing it with sasuke's curse seal

I'm not sure, but i am pretty sure they did. Because i'm not confusing it with the cursed seal.

Mut
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:15 AM
i can't believe people are calling sasuke a pussy. shit, how would you feel if your own brother murdered your family and others and let you live out of pity only to make you wanting to kill your own brother?

Assertn
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:09 AM
uhh....some of you guys need to watch what forum you're in......