PDA

View Full Version : Missing Posts

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 03-29-2004, 04:37 AM
ok this is starting to trip me out a little, but has anyone has this same problem that i have, i mean everytime i log on my post count goes down like about 3 hours ago my post count was at 1275 then it went down to 1273 and now its down to 1270 i mean this is weird, can someone help me out wit this or is it normal???????

Ciber
Tue, 03-30-2004, 12:18 AM
I think you're seeing things. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PaD
Fri, 04-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Freaky

Lego
Fri, 04-02-2004, 04:18 PM
ive had that happen to me, but on other forums. Most of the time it was because a mod deleted posts and it brought my count down.

Jman
Fri, 01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Just noticed my post count has dropped. My rank was Sannin, now it says Hunter Nin and I've lost thousands of posts, I was well over 4000. Any help here?

Munsu
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Just noticed my post count has dropped. My rank was Sannin, now it says Hunter Nin and I've lost thousands of posts, I was well over 4000. Any help here?
How long ago since you last noticed your post count?

Animeniax
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:12 PM
I mentioned this before, but Assertn celebrated his 9500th post a few months ago, but it currently shows he only has 8500 or so.

Abdula
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Yeah I noticed it too. A lot of people's post count has dropped recently, for the older members especially it was a pretty significant drop. Munsu himself was over 10,000.

Nadouku
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:20 PM
I've noticed that the oldest threads have 0-10 posts, which most of them are blank. Maybe the oldest threads get resetted and that those older members that posted in them have it deleted?

Kraco
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Damn. I wouldn't have minded losing a couple of thousands of posts. I've too many of them anyway. But no such luck.

Munsu
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if a ton of shitty threads have made their way to the Trash-Bin or the Flame Pit.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 01-16-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure I had gone over 3000

Jman
Fri, 01-16-2009, 09:26 PM
How long ago since you last noticed your post count?
I noticed the difference this morning. Last time I logged in was probably a few days before and things were normal then. I remember something like this happened to me back in '06 and complich8 looked into it and was able to fix it. I pmed complich8 a few hours ago, so I'll sit tight and wait for a reply.

Munsu
Sat, 01-17-2009, 12:01 AM
I noticed the difference this morning. Last time I logged in was probably a few days before and things were normal then. I remember something like this happened to me back in '06 and complich8 looked into it and was able to fix it. I pmed complich8 a few hours ago, so I'll sit tight and wait for a reply.
Probably the best course of action. I have no clue on why this occurs.

complich8
Sat, 01-17-2009, 06:16 PM
on occasion, I have to run maintenance scripts to deal with database integrity issues on the forums. One of those scripts that I occasionally have to run is the "reset post count" script, which recalculates people's post counts based on their actual count of posts in the database. When that happens, people who lost posts in the great krbadass retard-o-purge and in the "great forum crash" episodes of our history get some stats reset.

Sadly, there's nothing I can really do to prevent this. Updates I make to your post count won't survive those script runs, and while they're only occasional, they do happen.

Honestly, my best suggestion for the situation is that it's unfortunate, but you're victims of old forum drama that we can't really do anything to fix anymore. The only way that you're going to get over that is to build up your post count to where it should be and have that number survive those maintenance scripts is by making new posts.

But post count doesn't get you much anyway... another rep power point or two...

Jman
Sat, 01-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks for clarification on this issue, guess I'll cut my losses.

Deadfire
Thu, 01-22-2009, 11:45 AM
When that happens, people who lost posts in the great krbadass retard-o-purge and in the "great forum crash" episodes of our history get some stats reset.

I wouldn't count those events as "great".