PDA

View Full Version : How powerful was the 4th exactly?

originalkrn
Sun, 03-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Hi, im new to forum. Heh. Well, i just want to know how powerful the 4th was? Was he more pwoerful than the 3rd? Could he have kicked oro's butt?

Hokage-IV
Sun, 03-28-2004, 11:19 PM
yes and yes. 4th was the strongest. that is why 3rd and jiraryia is using 4ths technique, rasengan and genjutsu ohgi, shiki fujin

sangai
Mon, 03-29-2004, 12:09 AM
look at it this way the fourth the one who sealed kyuubi had enough streangth to rip the soul from one of thee stongest demons ever and then had enough chakra to create more seals to sela him into naruto

the fourth is stongest in konoha and thee strongest probably ever

Mut
Mon, 03-29-2004, 12:46 AM
a lot of debate on who was stronger, the 4th or the 3rd. each one of them are obviously insanely strong, but i think the 4th was stronger. the 3rd might have known every jutsu (called the professor) but i don't think knowing every jutsu necessarily means 'better ninja'. i just think the 4th was stronger because he must've had TREMENDOUS amount of chakra (which means that he has super endurance) since he was able to seal the kyubi, which is one of the youma's with the most chakra (quoted jiraiya).

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 03-29-2004, 01:09 AM
When the 3rd was talking about that sealing jutsu, he said that both people would be sealed together forever...
Still, they didn't show the 4th together with the kyuubi inside Naruto. What's with that?

sangai
Mon, 03-29-2004, 03:29 AM
because the fourth was sealed into the stomache of the death god (stated in an episode)

this is said to of happened: yondaime perfomed an extra seal and placed the kyuubi inside of naruto and then finished the seal with putting one more seal on his belly

SaSuKeRuLeS
Mon, 03-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by: sangai sakusei
because the fourth was sealed into the stomache of the death god (stated in an episode)

this is said to of happened: yondaime perfomed an extra seal and placed the kyuubi inside of naruto and then finished the seal with putting one more seal on his belly

wait why did he seal the kyubi inside of naruto when he could have easily just killed him? seems like its a wasted effort.

sangai
Mon, 03-29-2004, 04:42 PM
because he wanted to protect naruto and why waste such a strong entity

mainly i think he really sealed kyuubi into naruto because he is narutos father and really he thought it would be the best way to protect him since he wouldn't be there and he hoped that the villagers would view him as a hero

Death BOO Z
Mon, 03-29-2004, 05:08 PM
If he would have sealed the kyubi inside himself then the kyubi would just recreate himself from the soul since there would be no living body to hold him as a jail. Orochimaru is a mortal being, so if he's sealed then he's doomed forever, the kyubi is immortal, so unless he's sealed inside a living body, he'll come back again...

That's my theory, at least.

the forth knew that the village needed as much time possible to fix itself after the attack, and was afraid that the kyubi might come again, so he sealed it inside Naruto to keep it away from the mortal realm for at least a few years...

SaSuKeRuLeS
Mon, 03-29-2004, 06:06 PM
i also think that the 4th is naruto's father but by sealing the kyubi in naruto there probably was a chance that the kyubi would devour naruto from the inside and eventually kill him i mean think about it if the kyubi was such a powerful demon then how is it possible for naruto have the kyubi inside of him. and what would happen if naruto dies would the kyubi come back out and wreak more havoc?

Raven
Mon, 03-29-2004, 09:22 PM
It's been said that the 3rd was the God of all Hokage, in his prime. The 3rd in his prime would beat the 4th, I think that's the general unwritten rule in the Naruto universe. The 3rd as an old man however is considerably weaker than he used to be.

Gods_Son
Mon, 03-29-2004, 10:07 PM
I think the 3rd in his prime was without a doubt stronger than any Hokage before him, but I still have a feeling that the 4th is stronger. The rasengan and sealing Kyubi is pretty impressive, and they wouldn't have so much hype around the guy if he wasn't great. The 3rd even looks up to him, and says that he must sacrifice himself just as the 4th had, and if the 3rd were truly stronger, even though not in his prime, he would've been the one to save Konoha from Kyubi.

Hokage-IV
Mon, 03-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by: dazzz
a lot of debate on who was stronger, the 4th or the 3rd. each one of them are obviously insanely strong, but i think the 4th was stronger. the 3rd might have known every jutsu (called the professor) but i don't think knowing every jutsu necessarily means 'better ninja'. i just think the 4th was stronger because he must've had TREMENDOUS amount of chakra (which means that he has super endurance) since he was able to seal the kyubi, which is one of the youma's with the most chakra (quoted jiraiya).

Is the kyubi THE strongest or one of the strongest? and what is consider a youma? garra shukaku of the sand consider a youma? those part is very unclear to me

sangai
Mon, 03-29-2004, 10:44 PM
no shukaku is not a youma but it is believed that there is more than one youma and kyuubi is one of them

shukaku is a sand preiest that was sealed into a tea kettle and then bond to gaara's body

Hokage-IV
Tue, 03-30-2004, 02:12 AM
no shukaku is not a youma but it is believed that there is more than one youma and kyuubi is one of them

shukaku is a sand preiest that was sealed into a tea kettle and then bond to gaara's body

so kyubi is the strongest or one of the strongest? and shukaku is a priest thats looks a like demon badger? lol

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 03-30-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by: Hokage-IV

n and shukaku is a priest thats looks a like demon badger? lol

Tanuki, ja!!!!!

kaigan
Tue, 03-30-2004, 03:58 AM
you are asking questions that can not be determined.

Mut
Tue, 03-30-2004, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by: Hokage-IV

so kyubi is the strongest or one of the strongest? and shukaku is a priest thats looks a like demon badger? lol

this is exactly what jiraiya said: "...he (kyubi) is one of the strongest youma with the most chakra..."

i think it's saying kyubi is one of the youma AND the kyubi has the most chakra out of all the youmas.

Stoopider
Tue, 03-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Very powerful. He died sealing the Kyuubi

hiten mitsurugi
Tue, 03-30-2004, 07:01 PM
The fourth is the strongest hokage of all. The third just knew all the techniques.

Gods_Son
Tue, 03-30-2004, 07:52 PM
yeah, Kyubi is one of the most powerful youma. The sand priest is not a youma, and we don't know if there will be any other youma seen in the anime.

Raven
Tue, 03-30-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm pretty sure it's been said that the 3rd in his prime is stronger than the 4th ever was, but there's really no way to prove it since the 4th wouldn't have been born yet.

SaSuKeRuLeS
Tue, 03-30-2004, 10:56 PM
if the 3rd and 4th ever fought then how do u think would win?

originalkrn
Wed, 03-31-2004, 04:14 AM
I think the 4th would win, but it would be a spectacular battle.

sangai
Wed, 03-31-2004, 04:49 AM
well since the 3rd was like 14 when he became hokage and the fourth was still teaching kakashi when he was like 20 but he the third would have had to be the same age

can the hokage be a sensei when he has hokage duties

originalkrn
Sun, 04-04-2004, 04:45 AM
The 3rd was 14 when he became hokage?! Where does it say that? He looks like hes in his 20's when they have the flashback.

Raven
Sun, 04-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Actually, to me he looks younger than 14 if anything. Unless the 1st and 2nd were just making an educated prediction about his future.

Knives122
Sun, 04-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Heres my theory on whos the strongest: Its really how the Hokages worked in my opinion, lets put it this way the first picked the second b/c he was stronger, then the second chose the third as the next hokage b/c he was stronger. The third learned every technique in Konoha but saw how much potential the forth had, so he chose him as the next Hokage knowing that he would indeed become stronger then him with time, so when you think about it each Hokage chose the next b/c they knew that, that Hokage would be stronger than him. So who do I think is the strongest? The Fourth of course.

jing
Sun, 04-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Image kakashi with 10x the strength and u get 4rth.

Mut
Mon, 04-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Heres my theory on whos the strongest: Its really how the Hokages worked in my opinion, lets put it this way the first picked the second b/c he was stronger, then the second chose the third as the next hokage b/c he was stronger. The third learned every technique in Konoha but saw how much potential the forth had, so he chose him as the next Hokage knowing that he would indeed become stronger then him with time, so when you think about it each Hokage chose the next b/c they knew that, that Hokage would be stronger than him. So who do I think is the strongest? The Fourth of course.

you got to be kidding, right? are you sure you want to stick with this theory?

JusDaMan
Mon, 04-05-2004, 01:42 AM
The 4th hokage was powerful enough to be a hokage =) lets leave it as that
(i basically just restated the question... -.-) wheeee

Raven
Mon, 04-05-2004, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Not true. The new Hokage is definitely not always stronger than the previous. Look at Tsunade. She got beaten by Kabuto, she's not stronger than all previous Hokage. The 3rd would have picked the 4th because he was the best candidate out of all available, not because he was stronger than the 3rd.

hiten mitsurugi
Mon, 04-05-2004, 09:11 PM
How could you consider that a defeat. Tsunade would have beat the living crap out of Kabuto. She just had to get over the blood thing. Hell if she suffered a defeat to Kabuto then why was she good to go when she was fighting Oro. Kabuto had to knife himself to draw blood in order to get an upper hand. The fight wasn't even concluded. It was concluded by Naruto.

As for the 4th's strength. He was far stronger than the 3rd. Why? The fact that the third selected him proves it. Think about it. The third knew that the 4th was exceptionally strong, that's why he named the 4th hokage. The 3rd selected the 4th over Orochimaru. The most convincing point is that the third hasn't selected anyone to become hokage since the fourth. If there was someone strong enough to replace him as hokage then he would have selected another successor. He didn't select a successor even at his old age, because he knows that there wasn't anyone to fulfill the requirements. This shows that the third only makes selections based upon merit, strength, and skills. The fourth was exceptional, stonger than himself (the third), or else the third would have remained Hokage.

answer to post below:
I know that the 4th was basically in his prime when he sealed Kyubi. If the third was also in his prime, and there was a match betweent the two. Especially after seeing the animated version of the first and second hokage fight, I just know that third would have been hit by a life threatening RASENGAN. The fourth was a genious at developing jutsus. That is something that the third lacked. That is also why the third feared the last coffin that Orochimaru summoned. "No matter what I must stop that one." That would have been an awesome fight.

Raven
Mon, 04-05-2004, 09:18 PM
I think you missed the point of my post man, I was only mentioning Tsunade as a brief example, I didn't really mean anything seriously by it.
And there's absolutely no proof that the 4th was stronger than the 3rd. We can only guess.

A hokage won't pick a successor because he/she is stronger than him, but because they are the best candidate available at the time. After the 4th died, the 3rd hadn't picked a new candidate because there was nobody available who fit the position. I can't prove it, but I'm willing to bet that if the 3rd was a young man, he could beat the 4th.

Mut
Mon, 04-05-2004, 10:10 PM
i give up on explaining about the hokages.

battousaix
Tue, 04-06-2004, 12:38 AM
if the 4th was strong enuf to seal the demon fox...then he must b good.

EpoC
Tue, 04-06-2004, 10:13 PM
ehh?

the 3rd had difficulties dealing with Orochimaru, and Orochimaru fears Itachi but not the 3rd.
Does that mean that Itachi could whoop 3rd ass?

but the 3rd is pretty old, and is not as god as he used to be (obviously). imagine that a 70 - 80 year old guy whooping some 25 year old robbers ass on the street in our world, jeez.
but I think that the 4th is damn close to what 3rd was when he was young but not close enough.
and The 4th died pretty young so he couldn't show more of his strenght.

Gaara of the Desert
Wed, 04-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Their are alot of Youma's in japanese mythology, so talking about which one is stronger is pretty much just guesses, I doubt their will be more than 1 stronger than the kyuubi in naruto though.
Also did anyone else notice the similarities between Kyuubi and Inuyasha's father? :]

On the 3rd vs 4th debate, their both dead, and neither of them had strength as a prime objective, so the fight is not something worth talking about. And the fact that the 3rd coffin wasn't in the manga, leads me to believe, that the creator realized the 4th had his soul binded into death and couldn't be rebinded to his body?Not to mention the fourth probably would have just broke the jutsu and snapped ochimaru's neck ;]

Itachi would have been such a good 5th Hokage though ;] to bad hes evil.