PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't Shikamaru make the best leader of Konoha?

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 03-28-2004, 06:34 AM
He wouldn't be the Hokage, that title is reserved for the most powerful. But if the village let him make military and tactical decisions, the village will win a lot more battles.

kage_bunshin
Sun, 03-28-2004, 07:20 AM
shika should be the hokage's right hand man. Enough said.

itachi_
Sun, 03-28-2004, 07:21 AM
Oh yeah he prolly will be some kind of supervisor and give advices to the hokage with his analysing skills and such he would be great at it.

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 03-28-2004, 07:52 AM
And in the midst of battle he'd say "This is a pain in the ass" and leave i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

He would be great as a tactician, but do not send him out to battle i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

r3n
Sun, 03-28-2004, 07:55 AM
if he was hokage i think nobody would get out of bed

capsulecorpsJX ur sig is too big, check general discussion thread about it

Kagari
Sun, 03-28-2004, 04:45 PM
yeah, shikamaru will definately be an excellent tactician for konoha...his smarts are nearly unrivaled, but his power is still low (which is why he couldnt be hokage). It would be cool to see him as a chuunin, i think. That's where he would fit best right now.

oh and r3n,. i pm'ed him bout the sig. Is that character in the anime yet? Or is it a spoiler?

Gods_Son
Sun, 03-28-2004, 08:04 PM
The character in the sig is not in the manga either, I think it's just a concept drawing, looks like Naruto in the future maybe. Shika being a leader wouldn't work, I don't think he'd want to be that high up anyways. He said that he just wanted to be an average ninja.

Kumiriko
Sun, 03-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Yah thats naruto alright. he has the wisker markings.

snoogins
Mon, 03-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Yes the picture is Naruto. It is a concept picture done by kishimoto a while ago. I have been looking for a link to the whole picture for a while any help woul be appreciated

Stoopider
Mon, 03-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Nah. Too lazy. Probably as the town is being burnt to ashes, Shika would still be staring at the clouds.
Besides. He says he doesn't want to either. (The part where he's surrounded by 10 baddies and his Teacher comes to rescue).

A77ALiSTiC
Mon, 03-29-2004, 10:13 AM
i think he was what it takes right now to be the hokages right hand man. but i think that in the future, after he gains experience, strength, and probably learns to stop being lazy the whole time, he would be fit to be hokage. plus, even though everything is troublesome to him, he knows that hes gotta do what hes gotta do (like goin against 9 sound nins and knowing that it could mean his death)

Karasu
Mon, 03-29-2004, 10:20 AM
Yeah, as said Shika should maby be the Hokages righthand man. Shikamaru isnt a great 1on1 fighter and he isnt especially strong either. As Hokage you probably have to be able to stand up vs opponents like Orochimaru, Jiraya, Kazekage and so on by your self. Shikamaru might have the tactics to beat them but not the jutsu's or the 1on1 ability to do so.

IamSpazzy
Mon, 03-29-2004, 12:22 PM
http://www.unc.edu/~capsule/Images/NarutoPwnsAll.jpg

That's the link to the really cool naruto picture. If you use firefox or mozilla, you can right click on the image and go to properties to see the link

sangai
Mon, 03-29-2004, 12:28 PM
the full image is also in the manga (forget what chapter ) ill post it later

but shikamaru is nothing more then a war general if anything, he doesn't have the spirit or will to be hokage making him more suited as a war tactician

all those guys do is show up and say do this and this and then go back to being lazy

PaD
Mon, 03-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Shikamaru should be a tactical leader, since his IQ is 200 and the thing he did against Temari was just brilliant :]

Mut
Tue, 03-30-2004, 12:48 AM
shikamaru needs to be also a strong ninja, not just smart.

Xollence
Tue, 03-30-2004, 02:00 AM
Nah I think he would find it too troublesome to take the job.

Superman
Tue, 03-30-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by: kage_bunshin
shika should be the hokage's right hand man. Enough said.

Oh yeah, when Naruto becomes Hokage, I bet he makes Shikamaru one of his advisors. Like the old people that The third has advising him. That will be Shikamaru. I think that is a job that he might like. He could sit around most of the day and watch the clouds.

Stoopider
Tue, 03-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Definitely. Shika would be one of their advisors.

Naruto would still be a better Hokage. For one thing, Naruto has the uncanny ability to inspire his people. And he's a decent fighter with great chakra and great potential. Better fighting potential incomparison to Shika.

And secondly. The name of the anime is Naruto. So i don't think they'll make Shika Hokage, somewhat.

hokageomar
Tue, 03-30-2004, 02:52 PM
i think that there is one guy who didnt get to fight in the chunin exam who is severely underated. Now hes not hokage material but he pops up and makes bug saves more than once and his name is Shino. Not my favorite charachter but one to be feared

Destroyor
Tue, 03-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Shikamaru still doesn't have the experience nor knowledge to be either the hokage or the hokage's right hand man. To be a war general of sort one not only have to understand tactic to outthink your enemy, one also need to understand all the infomations coming in and the both enemy troops and your own troops. When will they tired? How long can your man endure continous battle? Your enemy? How do you supply an army of ninja? Etc etc etc. Shikamaru is just wayyyyy toooo inexperience to be anything other then a weak chuunin right now.

10 or 20 years in the field in active duty later then maybe Shikamaru would qualify, but by then he'll probably have kids and a family already and planning retirement. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

IamSpazzy
Tue, 03-30-2004, 03:27 PM
How smart do you think Shikamaru's dad is?

Rek
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Nah, Shino dun have the people skills to be Hokage. And All Shika has is 1 skill. I know thats kinda speaking too early, what with Naruto failing the Genin entrance exam and everything, but when your at Chuunin level, and all you can do is bind shadows... Hokage isn't your line of work. Now, I forget his name, but the dude that is all scarred up, the Sadist. That could be Shikamaru's job.