PDA

View Full Version : Black Mages - FF music but rock (Official)

Takenoko
Sat, 03-27-2004, 10:03 PM
http://www.square-enix-usa.com/uematsu/black_mages/index.html

Not sure if anyone else heard about this, I just found out today. Appearently Uematsu (composer for FF music) put together a rock and roll band and is playing concerts in Tokyo. The website has two songs that you can listen to.

Wanted to know if anyone had any more information or possibly knew where to find more music by them?

-take

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-27-2004, 11:24 PM
Actually it's closer to metal than rock. I find it funny how old Uematsu plays with 5 20 year olds i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif And probably headbangs too, lol!

MarduK
Sun, 03-28-2004, 12:04 AM
Boxtorrents has a torrent with 11 songs

http://www2.boxtorrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=10299

Xollence
Sun, 03-28-2004, 04:40 AM
Awesome, love that guy's songs.

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-28-2004, 08:54 AM
I have that one already. Is that all Black Mages has done? :/

Koensayr
Sat, 04-03-2004, 10:11 PM
One of my best friends is a die-hard Uematsu fan and usually composes music that's very similar to something you might hear from the FF Music God himself. I bought the Black Mages CD for him over Ebay brand new (still wrapped in the factory plastic, only $15 US with shipping when Amazon was asking for over $50 US without shipping i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif ) and he said it's an awesome CD. This is definately one of those things where if you like the mp3's you should buy the CD to support it. So far The Black Mages only do shows in Japan and they're coming state-side for a show in LA (very spendy though) so I'm sure they need a bit of financial support from CD sales i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

lionheart1012000
Sun, 04-04-2004, 10:38 AM
i'd buy the cd...but im poor and have no money so i cant. maybe a month or two after i start off college ill look for a job...and if i can get one then ill buy it.

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 04-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Downloaded it and.......its ok. Which is a disappointment considering what I was expecting...it was kinda In Flames-esque for me...though its good in small doses and its obviously very technically good...just not for me...

It was a shame only one or two of were songs I'd actually like to hear....there were certain ones I'd never heard before anyway (like in FF1-5) so I didn't really like them.

It was good to hear the two tracks from FFVII...those are probably the ones I'll listen to most in future (assuming I do)...

They could have done some of the darker ones from FFVII like 'Who am I', 'You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet' and even Aeris' Theme could have been cool (I don't think that tune that could EVER be made bad i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) - it'd be kinda ambitious to do those ones but I'm sure it could be done...

A difficult one would be One Winged Angel but if that could have been done really dark and heavy then that'd just have been well ace.

I think I was expecting too much...

The best rock/metal style remake of an FF piece is the remake of Terras Theme with two lead guitars...I dunno if this was done by Uematsu or not but it was really good...

Rek
Sun, 04-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Sorry Marduk... your link is teh sucks... this works tho

Link to teh mp3's (http://www.boxtorrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=10299)

MarduK
Sun, 04-04-2004, 11:58 PM
meh, it worked when i posted it