PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Kazekage kill Gaara himself?

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 03-27-2004, 07:55 PM
It just seems really wierd that he would try multiple times to kill Gaara with lower level ninjas.
If he really wanted Gaara dead because Gaara was too dangerous, why didn't he just kill Gaara himself? He should be powerful enough, he is a kage, and it was shown that Gai (a jounin) was able to handle Gaara's sand without a problem in the Chunnin exam.

Now, the sand is using Gaara as a weapon, I thought they were scared of him and tried to kill him.

Maybe its all a ruse. Maybe Kazekage didn't really try to kill Gaara, more than try to measure Gaara's abilities and make him more dangerous.

lasaire
Sat, 03-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Maybe its all a ruse. Maybe Kazekage didn't really try to kill Gaara, more than try to measure Gaara's abilities and make him more dangerous.

That's a good point. Another possibility is that he was too much of a coward to kill his own son himself. After all, he's hardly the best example of a person of moral standing or character.

Perhaps as Kazekage he was to important to risk himself in missions such as that; he certainly wasn't particularly impressive as a ninja. Orochimaru not only managed to off him, but did it in such a way that nobody knew for a fair amount of time afterwards.

PSJ
Sat, 03-27-2004, 08:10 PM
hmm that might be it or he simply knew what gaara could turn into and i dont think kazekage got a summon strong enough to handle that. you gotta remember that the only reason why naruto managed to bring shukaku down was because he had gama bunta and his chakra to back him up. kazekage probably is to weak to handle such a strong creature as shukaku.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX

If he really wanted Gaara dead because Gaara was too dangerous, why didn't he just kill Gaara himself? He should be powerful enough, he is a kage, and it was shown that Gai (a jounin) was able to handle Gaara's sand without a problem in the Chunnin exam.

Cuz he's not stupid????
Seriously. Maybe he didn't want to risk his life, since he didn't know how far would Gaara's power go.
As for Gai: 1. In the worst of the hypothesis, Gaara wasn't fully transformed.
2. Gaara was shocked that Gai stood up for Lee, and since not getting what love is part of his trauma, that may have stoped him. He also didn't kill Sakura right away, apparently because she stood up for Sasuke.

Everon
Sat, 03-27-2004, 10:47 PM
A. He weak.
B. He can't kill his own son. I know it sounds weird, since he ordered his brother in law to do it.
C. He's busy doing other Kazekage things.
D. Kishimoto says so.

soulfringe
Tue, 03-30-2004, 05:25 AM
Well I don't think there was every any real intention of the Kazakage wanting Gaara dead. I think these were all attempts in messing with Gaara's head and the such and making him into something for people to fear. As we saw, the things that Gaara has endured has greatly messed him up and has made him to be a bloodlusting krazed killer, who wants nothing more than to destroy. And its these traits combined with his power, that make him a valuable weapon for the sand to manipulate

At least thats how i view it all...

Raven
Tue, 03-30-2004, 09:01 PM
He used to be a little momma's boy... all the assassination attempts were just to harden him up and make him a man.

Honestly, do you really think the sand would create "the perfect shinobi" only to kill him? Come on, he was never meant to die.

Automaton
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by: Everon
D. Kishimoto says so.
That's really the answer to any question about events that have happened, isn't it?

Uberbaka
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
Honestly, do you really think the sand would create "the perfect shinobi" only to kill him? Come on, he was never meant to die.

Well, I dunno the answer to the issue at hand. But imagine, you create the ultimate weapon and then suddenly realize that it could destroy you and everything around you if it felt like it or suddenly got the urge to prove it's own existence... Wouldn't you feel a wee bit intimidated? Just a tad?

xtort
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:36 PM
He used to be a little momma's boy... all the assassination attempts were just to harden him up and make him a man.

The perfect little shinobi thing only works if the shinobi is a tool that you can use. There were indications in the manga and most recent anime that the Sand Village elders, or Kazekage himself, were worried that Gaara would become out of control. Now, I don't really see that in the story, as helping kids get their ball down is generally not the fare for a cold-blooded killer, but... who knows.

</2cents>

-xtortout

Well crap, I typed this up, left the comp, returned and hit submit. Someone already wrote this. Sorry for the repeat.

Mut
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by: Uberbaka

Well, I dunno the answer to the issue at hand. But imagine, you create the ultimate weapon and then suddenly realize that it could destroy you and everything around you if it felt like it or suddenly got the urge to prove it's own existence... Wouldn't you feel a wee bit intimidated? Just a tad?

intimidation is overrated. =D

Raven
Wed, 03-31-2004, 01:47 AM
Maybe they thought he'd become out of control when he grew up a bit, so they decided to kill him while he was a wimp.

Xceleration
Fri, 04-02-2004, 08:16 PM
What kind of a father would be able to kill his own son, he couldn't bare to kill his own son with his own hands, because he wouldn't be able to do it.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by: Xceleration
What kind of a father would be able to kill his own son, he couldn't bare to kill his own son with his own hands, because he wouldn't be able to do it.

Same guy who'd make a experiment with his wife bearing a kid with a sand demon inside...I still think he didn't kill Gaara because he's totally afraid of him...

Gods_Son
Fri, 04-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Maybe he was scared, but he probably also just had other things to do. The village was goin down, so he was probably thinking of ways to fix the problem. If he really wanted to stop Gaara, he probably would've had Baki try to kill Gaara instead of instruct him. He didn't really look that scared when Gaara walked by him in the flashback. I think he would've done a bit more if he was so intimidated, I think he just stopped caring about Gaara.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
Maybe he was scared, but he probably also just had other things to do. The village was goin down, so he was probably thinking of ways to fix the problem. If he really wanted to stop Gaara, he probably would've had Baki try to kill Gaara instead of instruct him. He didn't really look that scared when Gaara walked by him in the flashback. I think he would've done a bit more if he was so intimidated, I think he just stopped caring about Gaara.

well, a bastard, no matter how you look at him. Can be a cowardly bastard, an uncaring bastard... huh, for what I have seen, so far, the parents on Naruto suck. Dunno about Ino-Shika-Cho daddies but they seem to be the kind that have to be dragged back home from the bar by their kids.
Then again, Sakura seems to have nice parents...but that didn't help any.

I<3TenTen
Mon, 04-05-2004, 01:12 PM
kazekage is weak thus he could not kill gaara himself .. why is he weak?
cause ochimaru killed him and his bodyguards together there was no struggle
there bodys were lumped together

Raven
Mon, 04-05-2004, 08:49 PM
We don't know there was no struggle, seeing as we never saw the battle. The bodies being "lumped together" doesn't mean anything. Being a kage, he probably gave Oro a run for his money.

lasaire
Mon, 04-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Being a kage, he probably gave Oro a run for his money

I'm not so sure -- nobody in the Sand knew Oro. had killed him and switched places, yet I'm sure if Oro. had been injured in the fight at all somebody would have noticed that 'Kazekage-sama' was missing for longer than he should have been, or suddenly developed a limp. The changeover must have gone very smoothly for no one to realize.

Raven
Mon, 04-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Who knows, maybe Kazekage said "I'm going into the desert for meditation, don't expect me back for 4 days" and while he was away, he had a major battle with Oro, and on the 4th day Oro returned disguised as Kazekage.

I'm just making that up, but the point is we'll never know if Kazekage was easily beaten, or if it was a good match. Hey, Oro might have stabbed him in his sleep, who knows.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-05-2004, 09:30 PM

I'm just making that up, but the point is we'll never know if Kazekage was easily beaten, or if it was a good match. Hey, Oro might have stabbed him in his sleep, who knows.

That's sure the easiest way to kill somebody, still one can assume that a ninja and especially a Kaze, would have a light sleep and wake up with the slightest disturbance in his environment.
I can think of Hyuuga Hiashi. The guy who tried to kidnap Hinata didn't wake her up but obviously woke up her father.
Also, considering how the Kazekage was, it's not far-fetched to think had awaken people guarding him, especially with Gaara around. And those guys would fight and wake up the Kage.
Maybe those two guys were guarding outside his room got killed without waking up the Kage.
Well, he may have trusted Oro enough as to sleep in the same room with him....
Yeah, even though I can see holes in the killed in his sleep theory, that's one I'd go for, right after the we will never know assertion.

MightyDustLoop
Mon, 04-05-2004, 09:40 PM
You can't kill the Sand Man!!!! How would you ever get any sleep?!?

Mut
Mon, 04-05-2004, 09:56 PM
the kazekage sucked compared to orochimaru.

i can't believe this discussion is still going on. it was purposely not explain in full detail to show how strong orochimaru is and how unimportant it to explain minor details that don't effect the future story line.

Insomniac
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:51 AM
its been established that Orochimaru is one of the strongest nins to ever live, he was going to be hokage ffs

obviously Kazekage was weaker, and its not really important.
Also Kazekage could have just been testing Gaara.

BakaShinji
Wed, 04-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
Then again, Sakura seems to have nice parents...but that didn't help any.
lol.

I would go with Kazekage manipulating - not fearing. The timmy (p.ball anyone? ) factor was just used as a cover to get people to go along with the ass-ass-ination attempts. If Gaara really was a problem - they could've just offed him while he was doped up or something. I mean - a headbutt by Naruto debilitates him.

btw: I thought the brother-in-law was a sister-in-law. I'm so confused. He had boobies... someone clarify?

ech3lon
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:06 AM
its because kazekage still loves gaara as his son.........

lasaire
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:34 AM
I thought the brother-in-law was a sister-in-law. I'm so confused. He had boobies... someone clarify?

Nope, Yashamaru's a guy. Go over in the thread 'Yashamaru: Dude or drag queen' to check it all out.

Secondly, BakaShinji, a headbutt debilitates him AFTER the whole drag down fight. It's Naruto's finishing move, I highly doubt it would have made a difference if Gamabunta hadn't already helped deal with Shukaku, plus, Gaara was woken from his false sleep from it, and we learned from Sasuke vs. Gaara that halting the transformation in the middle has consequences for Gaara.

BakaShinji
Thu, 04-08-2004, 11:36 PM
ok lasaire.. you're right.