PDA

View Full Version : Why do people think Sakura is smart/ good with genjutsu?

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:47 PM
I don't understand, Sakura has shown absolute no tactical proficiency or leadership skills in battle, so she's not really smart in any practical sense. And she isn't even the most book-smart gennin, because at the beginning of the anime, it was mentioned that Sasuke was the number one student in the academy.

Sakura is not good at either making genjutsu or detecting it. I've never seen her making any genjutsu. Also, at the beginning of the series, Naruto used genjutsu to look like Sasuke and she absolutely fell for it. She couldn't detect the genjutsu during the Chunnin exam either. The only time she showed any skill was staying awake when the stadium was attacked by a sleep genjutsu, and later helping to dispel it.

Ino is better than Sakura, she has a special ability. That and during Sakura and Ino's fight during the Chunnin exam, Ino actually used some clever tactics with her hair.

On a side note, how hilarious would it be if Sakura was matched up with Gaara during the Chunnin one on one fights?

Assertn
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:51 PM
its proven that sakura has more booksmarts than sasuke in part 1 of the chuunin exam
sasuke couldnt even figure out the answers to the questions but sakura answered them easily

OVERALL sasuke was the #1 rookie, but that probably is determined by a combination of skills...so he could lose to sakura on knowledge, but beat her in everything else

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:07 PM
She sorta matches up with Gaara now, but nothing happens. Damn Gaara, there's another overrated character.
She is a main character, so she can get by with her uselessness.
Reason people think she is smart is the fact that they like her, so they became oblivious to the *facts* that prove otherwise.
People who like Sakura *are* like Sakura. The same way she is oblivious of Sasuke's ultimate lack of character, her fans tend to live in denial...i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
*runs and ducks*

Gods_Son
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
She sorta matches up with Gaara now, but nothing happens. Damn Gaara, there's another overrated character.
She is a main character, so she can get by with her uselessness.
Reason people think she is smart is the fact that they like her, so they became oblivious to the *facts* that prove otherwise.
People who like Sakura *are* like Sakura. The same way she is oblivious of Sasuke's ultimate lack of character, her fans tend to live in denial...i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
*runs and ducks*

You moron, nobody likes Sakura, the reason people thinks she's smart is because they clearly state that she always got high scores on the tests (that's why she was paired with Naruto.) During the Chuunin exam she was probably one of the few Genin that knew answers without cheating. Other than her booksmarts though, I agree that she is useless as a ninja.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 04:14 PM
nym

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 04:25 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX
I don't understand, Sakura has shown absolute no tactical proficiency or leadership skills in battle, so she's not really smart in any practical sense. [quote]

I believe the person who initiated the thread considers *smartness* something that goes a bit further than *booksmarts*.
My point, and perhaps I wasn't clear at expressing it, was that people who like Sakura tend to take such booksmarts for smartness in general, merely due to the fact that they like her, and remain oblivious to her utter stupidity. In my opinion, a clear sign of such stupidity is her blind appreciation for a jackass such as Sasuke. And, I do believe that there actually *are* people who like her. Out of the top of my head, I can think of a moderator who does...
On a side note, your years in Japan seem to have done nothing to improve your manners. Amazing...

Gods_Son
Sat, 03-27-2004, 04:48 PM
[quote]
I don't understand, Sakura has shown absolute no tactical proficiency or leadership skills in battle, so she's not really smart in any practical sense. [quote]

I believe the person who initiated the thread considers *smartness* something that goes a bit further than *booksmarts*.
My point, and perhaps I wasn't clear at expressing it, was that people who like Sakura tend to take such booksmarts for smartness in general, merely due to the fact that they like her, and remain oblivious to her utter stupidity. In my opinion, a clear sign of such stupidity is her blind appreciation for a jackass such as Sasuke. And, I do believe that there actually *are* people who like her. Out of the top of my head, I can think of a moderator who does...
On a side note, your years in Japan seem to have done nothing to improve your manners. Amazing...

If we're talking about general smartness then sure Sakura is an idiot for liking Sasuke but the same could be said about Hinata considering how oblivious Naruto is about her liking him. As far as my manners and living in Japan goes, don't talk about it as if you know anything about me. I called you a moron because at the end of your original statement you said *runs and ducks* like you were expecting something. Just didn't want to let you down, I really have nothing against you, your entitled to your own opinion.

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-27-2004, 04:49 PM
It's mostly because she's supposed to be the third main character and all.

sangai
Sat, 03-27-2004, 05:06 PM
ywah she sucks as is but shes got to have something going for her

Assertn
Sat, 03-27-2004, 05:09 PM
people who are smart can still fall in love for the wrong reasons.....emotions arent dictated through logic

Everon
Sat, 03-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Well said assertn ^^

hopefully someone will eventually teach her an uber technique...so she can remain part of the "main character" status. Right now all the girls are freaken weak.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
[quote]
[ I really have nothing against you, your entitled to your own opinion.
If you entitled me to my opinion, why did you call me moron? Whatever.
Why did Hinata get dragged into this?
There's a huge difference between shyness and stupidity.
Hinata doesn't know how to approach Naruto, which can be considered, at worst, inexperience, not stupidity.
For the time being, let's put aside the fact that Sasuke is a well-rounded jerk, and Sakura is incapable of figuring that one out.
So, there's not a single episode where Sakura doesn't throw herself at Sasuke, and as expected, absolutely to no avail. So Sakura knows what's the deal with Sasuke, but doesn't seem to have learned from her experience, and keeps up with the exact same behavior... Couldn't doing the exact same thing expecting to obtain a different result be considered stupidity?
Hinata, at first, didn't even manage to pull the medicine stunt...She wasn't able to open her mouth. That's shyness. Once she managed to open her mouth, on episode 45, things were different. Her goal, to have Naruto *notice* her, was accomplished.
Then, on episode 59, when she once again manages to open her mouth, the answer she got from Naruto was: I like people like you. Pretty good, I'd say.
Just compare it with Sakura relentless attempts to seduce Sasuke and their results. So far, Sasuke considers her annoying and less talented than Naruto. As much as I don't like him, I gotta tell *he* has shown some smarts here.
Sasuke couldn't care less about Sakura, and made it clear enough times.
Naruto hadn't notice Hinata before. The fact that he's dense also helps a lot on this, I might say.
During the preliminaries for the 3rd exam, He does notice her and start caring for her. He had her in mind when he beat the crap outta Neji. As a matter of fact, she was part of his motivation. Zettai-kas or something like that.
Here's the main difference though, since the subject was brought from Sakura's smarts to Hinata's love life: Hinata likes Naruto. Sakura wants Sasuke to like her.

Nara Shikamaru
Sat, 03-27-2004, 06:23 PM
she's smart with genjutsu cuz she can't do anything else

Orion Guardian
Sat, 03-27-2004, 07:49 PM
hmm I think Sakura may be good at genjutsu but thre is no proof in the series....she also fell for Kakashis "Sasuke is dead" genjutsu at the survial training

@Neji-aniki-sama: Your last post seems to be right, [only "seem" because im to tired to analyze it ;D] and it _IS_ annoying having Sakura saying about 5 times an ep "sasuke-kun" grmph....

She should just get an better reason to be a maincharakter or she should fade away from the storyline....

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 03-27-2004, 08:00 PM
No no no, Sasuke is not oblivious to Sakura's feelings. Sasuke makes his feelings pretty out in the open: "Sakura I don't like you and you're annoying." And he acts in general a jerk to her. She's an idiot for liking him even though he has openly rejected her.

Hinata on the other hand, likes Naruto, but Naruto is oblivious to Hinata's affection. Thats different, Naruto never called Hinata annoying or was a jerk to her. Naruto even stood up for her several times.

[quote]

If we're talking about general smartness then sure Sakura is an idiot for liking Sasuke but the same could be said about Hinata considering how oblivious Naruto is about her liking him. As far as my manners and living in Japan goes, don't talk about it as if you know anything about me. I called you a moron because at the end of your original statement you said *runs and ducks* like you were expecting something. Just didn't want to let you down, I really have nothing against you, your entitled to your own opinion.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 08:01 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: Orion Guardian

@Neji-aniki-sama: Your last post seems to be right, [only "seem" because im to tired to analyze it ;D]
[quote]

Yeah, me, too.
Just didn't see any reason to get Hinata dragged in here.

PSJ
Sat, 03-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
people who are smart can still fall in love for the wrong reasons.....emotions arent dictated through logic

i dont think its love the girls feel since alot of them are going after sasuke. its just pure madness.

Gods_Son
Sat, 03-27-2004, 09:48 PM
yeah, it's like how people fall in "love" with celebrities like Halle Berry after seeing a movie like Monster's Ball or Swordfish. I'm trying to say falling in love doesn't mean their not smart, and it has nothing to do with genjutsu as well. I only dragged Hinata in cuz I don't like her.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

i dont think its love the girls feel since alot of them are going after sasuke. its just pure madness.[/quote]

They're just freaking kids, you gotta give that.
But, since Hinata was brought here, she seems to be the only one able to figure why she likes Naruto. I don't think a stupid person would be able to say what she said to him: you're not perfect, but you make mistakes and get stronger from them. I believe that's true strenght.
I can't believe people calling somebody who says that, idiot or stupid. Clearly, she is not infatuated with Naruto, since she recognizes he has flaws, but likes him notwithstanding. I mean, look at Hinata during the written test. Naruto was bragging that *he knew that all the time* and she laughs at that. She obviously knows what his limits are.
The same cannot be said about Sakura. No matter the amount of stupid things Saske does or how he treats her, she still thinks he's perfect. Sakura *is* actually infatuated. Such people are unable to see the flaws of object of their *love* and are doomed to a rude awakening at one point or another. She seems to be so stupid, she cannot even wake up. And she has had enough time to do that.
Personally, I don't believe that love is blind. And I do believe that bishouneness is only cel deep.

Assertn
Sat, 03-27-2004, 10:22 PM
marriages between people who started dating back in like, Jr High or early high school often end in divorce....simply because people are more foolish with relationships during their younger years

and yes, all the girls being in love with sasuke are like girls in real life who are obsessed with boy band singers

i think its kinda cool the way kishimoto messed around with the romance element between the characters in the series....with all the multiple love triangles and whatnot, and the way some people can be shallow like that is a pretty realistic characteristic too....I'm sure one of the things that will happen before this series ends is that sakura ends up realizing that there are alot of better guys out there that she should pay attention to, and maybe hook up with naruto or lee instead (prolly lee though, if naruto ends up with hinata)...then maybe ino will get sasuke and everyone's happy

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 11:32 PM
Comon... Ino gets with Shika... it's all setting up to that. Think about it...

JTD121
Sun, 03-28-2004, 12:30 AM
i think its kinda cool the way kishimoto messed around with the romance element between the characters in the series....with all the multiple love triangles and whatnot, and the way some people can be shallow like that is a pretty realistic characteristic too....I'm sure one of the things that will happen before this series ends is that sakura ends up realizing that there are alot of better guys out there that she should pay attention to, and maybe hook up with naruto or lee instead (prolly lee though, if naruto ends up with hinata)...then maybe ino will get sasuke and everyone's happy

I really think that Ino might also realize her mistake in liking Sasuke. But I also think that Sasuke should just stay alone, since his goal is to kill Itachi, and no one can stop him, so he is locking all emotions away, and through this, has that jerk attitude. To try to make Sakura, and indirectly, Ino, go away.

But, I dunno, Hinata might end up with Naruto, but I don't know if they would stay together very long. I know Hinata is shy and all, but that seems her nature, not that it can't be changed, but I'm just stating that if she does end up with Naruto, they might not be compatible. Naruto is very outspoken and blunt about things, Hinata might not like that, or might like it....Depending on her personality, I don't think we've seen enough Hinata/Naruto interaction to make any distinctions.

But it seems to me that Sakura is hopeless for now. Unless Sasuke actually beats the living daylights out of her and tells her off in the process, I don't think she will understand that he has no interest in her at all, and to give up.

And what is with all the quote within a quote?

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

kage_bunshin
Sun, 03-28-2004, 01:05 AM
sakura was crap at seeing through genjutsu earlier on in the naruto episodes.(remember the survival training she thought sasuke was dead)

but i remember sasuke once said that sakura's knowledge and ability to see through genjutsu was the most improved in team 7. That was episode around 22 or 23 or something or around there. Also remember there was a trial chunnin exam done by iruka and sakura saw through it completely.

I don't think anyone said she was smart/good with genjutsu. I just remember that she is the most improved in terms of seeing through it.

Gods_Son
Sun, 03-28-2004, 01:06 AM

ha yea, or maybe Shika is gay. He's a genius, he could probably outsmart a girl into liking him if he wants. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, just think he's a little weird with women (perhaps too young). I don't really care for the love triangles, I don't really think Naruto has much of a romance side to it, but it sets up for some comedy and might come into play later on. And JTD when you quote someone who had quoted someone before that, both quoted posts show up, I don't think it was on purpose.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 03-28-2004, 01:47 AM

ha yea, or maybe Shika is gay. He's a genius, he could probably outsmart a girl into liking him if he wants. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, just think he's a little weird with women (perhaps too young). I don't really care for the love triangles, I don't really think Naruto has much of a romance side to it, but it sets up for some comedy and might come into play later on. And JTD when you quote someone who had quoted someone before that, both quoted posts show up, I don't think it was on purpose.

Shika's not gay. Just a relationship is too troublesome for him.
Though he does seem like a pimp, he's been fighting girls one on one ever since the Chunnin exams.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-28-2004, 02:20 AM
Shika's not gay. Just a relationship is too troublesome for him.
Though he does seem like a pimp, he's been fighting girls one on one ever since the Chunnin exams.

heh, heh...
Well, he doesn't like Sasuke, and gets this weird look every time Ino talks about him, which luckly for him is not as often as Sakura yells Sasuke-kun. Then again, that could be because he has some sense.
Ino was praising Sasuke and he said genius tend to be fragile in real battles. I wonder why he said that...
Also Ino thinks Shika is somewhat hot. Since she is smarter than Sakura, could be that she is not as hopeless as. Somebody was saying that Ino acts the way she does mainly to piss Sakura. Makes sense, since Sakura was the one who ended their friendship, over a stupid reason such as a guy. Ino helped Sakura a lot when they were kids, and that was the way Sakura repaid her... If Ino gets over Sasuke, she has lots going for her. She fooled Sakura big time during their match, for one.
For now, besides being troublesome, relatioships may still be a mystery to Shika, his intelligence notwithstanding. But that may change, since the characters in the series are aging.

BTW, Capsule, ist that Naruto in a chunnin uniform???? In which manga is that pic????

Assertn
Sun, 03-28-2004, 04:18 AM
@ Neji-Aniki-sama if i recall, its a manga cover pic for back when naruto was pushed off the cliff by jiraiya and met the demon fox

you guys are pointing out that sakura failed to see the genjutsu during the survival training, but if you recall, when kakashi gave sakura the orders to wake up naruto and shika, he said "it's a good thing i taught you genjutsu during the survival training."
as odd as it may seem, that was all it took for her to master genjutsu.....as it seems after that point she never was fooled with a genjutsu (except for those rain nins....i should say any NON combative genjutsu)

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-28-2004, 05:20 AM
@ Neji-Aniki-sama if i recall, its a manga cover pic for back when naruto was pushed off the cliff by jiraiya and met the demon fox

you guys are pointing out that sakura failed to see the genjutsu during the survival training, but if you recall, when kakashi gave sakura the orders to wake up naruto and shika, he said "it's a good thing i taught you genjutsu during the survival training."
as odd as it may seem, that was all it took for her to master genjutsu.....as it seems after that point she never was fooled with a genjutsu (except for those rain nins....i should say any NON combative genjutsu)

TY, I found it it's #96. Great pic.
Anyhow.
I can think of:
1. She saw thru Iruka's genjutsu (in his pre exam)
2. She couldn't see or took a while to see room 201 (saske had to tell her)
3. She had no clue whatsoever that that lonely ninja was henged into Naruto during the survival exam. Saske could see that even without sharingan, just using common sense.
4. Rain nins... Oro henged into one, is that it? Well, even Anko couldn't see Oro coming on that, and she has his seal so...Sakura is off the hook on that.
5. She didn't fall for Kabuto's genjutsu, and woke up Naruto, still Shika was already awaken.
Well... two out of four ain't bad? But that's not the point.
Still my question is...*when* did Kakashi teach her anything? After the preliminaries he left to train Saske? Where you talking about the survival exam? Kakashi wasn't supposed to be there.
So far the things I know she can use are:
1. Kamiwari (?) used once against Zaku worked
2. Traps: to no or little effect whatsoever
3. Shurikens and kunais: did she ever hit anyone with them? So far, she hit herself with her own kunais, when Zaku threw them back at her.
4. Haircut no jutsu: temporarely effective against Kin. Ino used the same jutsu in a much smarter way.
5. Teeth: Against Zaku. Temporary results
6. Bushin: against Ino... iffy results.
7. Fists: against Ino, but got herelf also knocked out in the process.
The more I think, the less I can figure what she is good at...
Even if she were wonderful at genjutsu, she'd still be a one jutsu ninja...
She knows she is useless, admits she is useless...but so far, I haven't seem her trying to change that.

Assertn
Sun, 03-28-2004, 05:31 AM
henge is ninjutsu, not genjutsu.....i dont remember exactly HOW that was explained, but i remember there being a big discussion on it and someone figured it out
and sasuke DID say that sakura prolly noticed the room # before anyone else did....whether thats true or not we could only take sakura's word for it.....but there's also the time when iruka was testing the rookie 9 to see if they are worthy for the exam, and sakura doesnt fall for the genjutsu there either.

and the survival exam was the thing that took place during episodes 4 and 5

er...i meant survival "training"

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-28-2004, 05:53 AM
I thought she was supposed to be able to *see* thru henge, since it's an illusion... Oh, well...

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 03-28-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by: JTD121

I really think that Ino might also realize her mistake in liking Sasuke. But I also think that Sasuke should just stay alone, since his goal is to kill Itachi, and no one can stop him, so he is locking all emotions away, and through this, has that jerk attitude. To try to make Sakura, and indirectly, Ino, go away.

But, I dunno, Hinata might end up with Naruto, but I don't know if they would stay together very long. I know Hinata is shy and all, but that seems her nature, not that it can't be changed, but I'm just stating that if she does end up with Naruto, they might not be compatible. Naruto is very outspoken and blunt about things, Hinata might not like that, or might like it....Depending on her personality, I don't think we've seen enough Hinata/Naruto interaction to make any distinctions.

But it seems to me that Sakura is hopeless for now. Unless Sasuke actually beats the living daylights out of her and tells her off in the process, I don't think she will understand that he has no interest in her at all, and to give up.

And what is with all the quote within a quote?

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

Come on, everybody knows that Naruto and Sasuke will get it together. Just think about the kiss in one of the first eps i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

No, but really, Orochimaru said that Naruto has been the person to change Sasuke's heart about being an avenger.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 03-28-2004, 06:24 AM
Relax, its not a spoiler. Just concept art drawn by Kishimoto.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-28-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by: Shinji Ikari
[No, but really, Orochimaru said that Naruto has been the person to change Sasuke's heart about being an avenger.

Huh.
1. Orochi-dono said Sasuke-kun had a beautiful body. (you have to agree, he is a bishounen)
2. Sasuke-kun went chasing after Orochi-dono.
Now, put one and two together. Obviously, there's something fishy in that story.

And Naruto looks older in that pic, one might even say that he'll become hot later on. That's an assumption, not a spoiler.

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 03-28-2004, 07:55 AM
Relax, its not a spoiler. Just concept art drawn by Kishimoto.

Is that concept art supposed to be Naruto?

It would be cool if he did look like that in the future... And that the anime did go so far in the future.

Gods_Son
Sun, 03-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by: Shinji Ikari

Come on, everybody knows that Naruto and Sasuke will get it together. Just think about the kiss in one of the first eps i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

No, but really, Orochimaru said that Naruto has been the person to change Sasuke's heart about being an avenger.

yeah, and probably neither of the two have kissed a girl before. Naruto and Sasuke got somethin goin, but like neiji aniki said, Orochimaru got his eye out on Sasuke too. Maybe they'll finally kill off Sakura and put Orochimaru in a new love triangle with Naruto and Sasuke.

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 03-28-2004, 10:54 AM
That doesn't sound all that bad, but a bit kinky considering Orochimaru is into snakes :S

Assertn
Sun, 03-28-2004, 01:56 PM
nope, henge isnt illusion....thats why when enma henges into the diamond staff thing, he's literally a diamond hard staff

you guys keep saying that sasuke will never end up with anybody....but im sure that at some point in the series he will change his ways and realize that there's no point in revenge....i'd be surprised if he never experiences a life change at some point, especially since he's a major character

androshalforc
Sun, 03-28-2004, 03:21 PM
she might be good at it just to emotional
i recall her being tricked twice
1 sauske dead and 2 naruto pretending to like her as sauske
in both of these situations her emotions would probobly have gotten the best of her which would lead to her falling into the trap
she did detect 2 that i recall aswell
1 the stadium and 2 the mini chunin exam when sauske asked her out for a walk and then got killed
since they were just talking she could think rationally and therfore relized it was a fake

Assertn
Sun, 03-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by: androshalforc
she might be good at it just to emotional
i recall her being tricked twice
1 sauske dead and 2 naruto pretending to like her as sauske
in both of these situations her emotions would probobly have gotten the best of her which would lead to her falling into the trap
she did detect 2 that i recall aswell
1 the stadium and 2 the mini chunin exam when sauske asked her out for a walk and then got killed
since they were just talking she could think rationally and therfore relized it was a fake

naruto used henge to pretend to be sasuke....just as i had mention in the post right above yours, henge is ninjutsu, not genjutsu -_-

ZakuHan
Sun, 03-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Sasuke is THE reason Sakura is a useless ninja. If she'd been put on another team, she would be a Genjutsu ninja (I assume) and damn good at it. But since she got paired up with the guy she obsesses over, she concentrated too much on that, and not enough on her skills. It's still all her fault anyway. If she really were serious about being a ninja she'd put her little crush aside and concentrate.

~Chris

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by: ZakuHan
Sasuke is THE reason Sakura is a useless ninja. If she'd been put on another team, she would be a Genjutsu ninja (I assume) and damn good at it. But since she got paired up with the guy she obsesses over, she concentrated too much on that, and not enough on her skills. It's still all her fault anyway. If she really were serious about being a ninja she'd put her little crush aside and concentrate.

~Chris

If you allow me, I'd rephrase that as... Sasuke is the EXCUSE she gives herself to be an useless ninja...

Stoopider
Tue, 03-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Well Kakashi was the one who said that Sakura is good at genjetsu's. And Kakashi has been right so far. UNLESS YOU DOUBT KAKASHI!!! *Raises a brow*. Your lack of faith is disturbing. Heheh.

And Sakura, at the Chunnin exam. She's could answer all the questions on the paper test (I think). Everybody else copied. Sakura was the only one who did it by herself, if she got it correct. Heheh. Imagine all the answers on the paper are wrong.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 03-30-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
Well Kakashi was the one who said that Sakura is good at genjetsu's. And Kakashi has been right so far. UNLESS YOU DOUBT KAKASHI!!! *Raises a brow*. Your lack of faith is disturbing. Heheh.

And Sakura, at the Chunnin exam. She's could answer all the questions on the paper test (I think). Everybody else copied. Sakura was the only one who did it by herself, if she got it correct. Heheh. Imagine all the answers on the paper are wrong.

With that and ten bucks, she can get into a movie any time...

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Wed, 03-31-2004, 08:28 AM
I don't understand, Sakura has shown absolute no tactical proficiency or leadership skills in battle, so she's not really smart in any practical sense. And she isn't even the most book-smart gennin, because at the beginning of the anime, it was mentioned that Sasuke was the number one student in the academy.

Sakura is not good at either making genjutsu or detecting it. I've never seen her making any genjutsu. Also, at the beginning of the series, Naruto used genjutsu to look like Sasuke and she absolutely fell for it. She couldn't detect the genjutsu during the Chunnin exam either. The only time she showed any skill was staying awake when the stadium was attacked by a sleep genjutsu, and later helping to dispel it.

Ino is better than Sakura, she has a special ability. That and during Sakura and Ino's fight during the Chunnin exam, Ino actually used some clever tactics with her hair.

On a side note, how hilarious would it be if Sakura was matched up with Gaara during the Chunnin one on one fights?

ok, first off, transformation isnt really a genjutsu, tho it does fool you into believing something that isnt true, it actually turns the person into the other person, when naruto turned into akamaru, kiba picked him up and touched him and moved him around without knowing that its not really akamaru, other than by smell, also when naruto turned into the shurikens he grabbed em and threw em, so its not like when u use transformation you are still you but you just look to others like something else, u really become that other thing, thus not really a genjutsu, and also, she saw thru genjutsu several times, for instance, the chuunin exam registration where the room was the wrong floor, she and sasuke saw through it, her test that Kakashi sets up for her where the guy does an illusion of Sasuke dying, and she sees thru it, and the tourney when she and shikamaru stay awake thru the spell, also, being number 1 student doesnt mean you're the smartest bookwise, it means overall you're the best student, he was decent with books and great with ninja skills, also sakura shows a great knowledge of chakra usage and the like even tho she doesnt have much stamina or ability herself, i really hate her but any idiot can tell shes smart, useless in a battle but smart, shes the type u have at a command center telling u crap or something otherwise shes useless unless u can use her as a decoy to bite someone and hold them down

EpoC
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:42 PM
yeah sakura sucks ass.

but she is kinda good at controlling her chakra.
so that means she has potential to learn more useful techs if she want's to. She doesn't train very much, all she does is daydreaming about sasuke.

she should train more. or else she will remain this usless biatch she is.

Mut
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:48 PM
i can't believe that a thread about sakura is at 3 pages.

Arctyc
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Well, she is a major character, like it or not.

She has shown proficiency several times - she was able to do tree-walking on her first try, she set up a double-layer trap in the Chuunin exam forest (though that failed when the sound ninja shattered the log), she cancelled a genjutsu from a high-level ninja, Kabuto; she evicted Ino from her mind...

She's also shown periods of utter ineptitude. But regardless of that, she still has a purpose to serve in the story. Of all the characters, she's been the one who is being outclassed left and right -- Naruto with his indomitable resolve and immense Kyuubi chakra, and Sasuke with his great natural talent and Sharingan. Her last refuge, and chance for power, would be to specialize a bit more.

Sharingan 3y3
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:24 PM
man the thing i dont like about sakura is her being mean to naruto, i get pissed when she does that, and then she goes and licks sasukes balls