PDA

View Full Version : What would have happend If the Third had opened the Gates?

Koop
Fri, 03-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Opening the gates is said to give you Hokage level power. The Third is said to know every jutsu in Konoha, so if he was prepared to die to kill Orochimaru, why didn't he open all 8 gates? How powerful would he have become?

sangai
Fri, 03-26-2004, 04:21 PM
maybe cause he couldnt and it takes some chakra to open them chakra he didn't have and he was sure that he was gonna remove orochimarus soul

Jman
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:38 AM
the third was also old when he fought.

Haku no Fuyu
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:43 AM
He had brittle bones...

Insomniac
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:46 AM
probably a waste of chakra and a huge gamble, who knows if even with the gates open he could take on the hokages

he'd rather take the most non risky option

Lenas
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:56 AM
He could do it for sure. It was said somewhere that the Third knew all jutsus in Konoha. Why he didn't, however, confuses me. Why couldn't he open the first gate (strength) and second gate (healing) after Orochimaru stabbed him with the sword? Regain enough power to finish the seal and the healing may have prolonged his life enough even if he didn't get back enough power.

Jman
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:03 AM
this is still going on. the third didn't use it because kishimoto didn't intend for him to do so nor live any longer. case closed. go ask kishimoto about why he chose to do so.

itachi_
Sat, 03-27-2004, 07:23 AM
Sarutobi was prolly atleast 3 times greater when he was young then what he was now...

Gods_Son
Sat, 03-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Even if it is said that he knows all jutsus, doesn't mean he can perform them. The opening of gates isn't really jutsu anyways it's more like intense training of taijutsu which later gives you the gift. He is also old, and all his bones would've probably cracked. Either way, we're never going to see him use gates, so like animemaster said, you can go ask kishimoto for your answer.

PSJ
Sat, 03-27-2004, 01:36 PM
from what kakashi said when he saw that lee opened gates was that it was a gift he already had and he got it through hard training. its not a jutsu which means 3rd probably couldnt do it. i mean what is this in so many discussions the gates turns up. all strong ninjas cant do it, its just a selected few that can. kishimoto made this way to common when kakashi opened one gate when he was rock climbing(they showed his brain and the brain is where the 2 first gates are and he got a real power up right after.)

Everon
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Hokage probably can open the first and second, like most other people, but to go beyond those first two becomes a risk because it puts the body under tons of strain if the gates are opened for long periods of time.

How do I know that, you ask? Because I know kung fu. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Go ask Kishimoto, I'm sure he'll tell you.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 03-28-2004, 01:39 AM
Its a heavy ninjustu battle. The gates give you taijutsu power, at least thats my impression. Even if the third was able to become the most powerful taijutsu user, there might be a few high level ninjutsus that counter all taijutsu.

Anyway, that or the old man's body can't take the damage.

That or he is more confident using the sealing technique, both opening all gates and demonic sealing are both last ditch techniques.

Stoopider
Sun, 03-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Why didn't he open the gates? Hokage would have died faster. And it's a great risk. By opening the gates doens't mean he would win either.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 03-28-2004, 02:58 PM
the hokage managed to get to a 'winning' situation without the gates, his idea from the beginning of the fight was to die WITH orochimaru, and if not for the failture in removing oro's soul, then he'd be 'victorious'....

besides, the gates give you an hokage power, what does the hokage need them? he already is hokage power!

j\king...

Mut
Sun, 03-28-2004, 09:35 PM
this is like asking "why didn't the hokage to *insert random skill*"