PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf & Cub

Iznogoud
Thu, 03-25-2004, 06:34 PM
It's an old manga that was turned into movies(baby cart ) and i started reading it...
It's really good.
The story of the old shogun executor that has been betrayed by the hyagyu clan who seeked his job.
So he chooses the way of the demon and brings his son with him.
Lone wolf & cub, he sells his art of assassination and travels through the japan(tokugawa/edo period).

Hakeem_21
Fri, 03-26-2004, 05:06 AM
Whats the name of movie? Im intrested in this manga and im tried to find it on the net.

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 03-29-2004, 08:49 PM
I really like the story. But just like Last Samurai, the culture and idealogy seems ridiculous to me. For example, the main characters would kill scores of people, but leave the most wretched and evil man alive because they didn't want to stain their swords. Completely idiotic, even for samurai pride.

JTD121
Mon, 03-29-2004, 11:01 PM
I read part of the first volume. Sometimes I couldn't make heads or tails of the battles, but I think it is pretty good, if you just suspend anything you know of the time period. Since, as CapsuleCorpJX pointed out, the culture/ideaology is a bit off.

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-31-2004, 09:04 AM
I bought the first vol. couple of days ago and i read half of the vol today its pretty damn intresting.

*kibakun*
Mon, 04-05-2004, 12:21 PM
actually i have read a little and it is a very good manga. loved what i read and i managed to actually buy the colored one which is kind of a random lil story of the manga also good. this one itwas years later it think it was called lone wolf 2100 or something.

Iznogoud
Tue, 04-06-2004, 08:01 AM
There's a colored one ? didn't know this...
I'm gonna search the movie's name...i got it in french.
But i think it's Baby cart...
And sorry but the ideology isn't like "the last samurai"...
This samurai doesn't care that much about honor, because he walks down the path of the demon i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hakeem_21
Sun, 04-11-2004, 07:14 AM
What i like most in this manga his path of the demon. He doesnt care for people,he doesnt go around saving people he just want revenge. I also liked how he let son choose beteween the ball and the sword.

Cryogen
Wed, 04-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Any translated fanscans of Love wolf & cub? And where can I get it? The things I read got me interested.

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 05-05-2004, 09:57 AM
This is really the best manga ever to put to print.

Oh and for the two people that said to suspend belief about that time period or whatever.....

The author, Kazuo Koike is a history professor at a major university who has received much praise for his historical accuracy in this series by his colleagues.

Sure this is manga and he has to put some manga stuff in it, but for the most part this series is a great window into Edo Period.

kAi
Sat, 01-15-2005, 05:29 AM
this is an awesome series, it's done heaps well, there is only one bad side to the scans that i do have.
they've been switched from reading right to left and they're left to right, so everything is weird, the sword is on the right hand side, instead of the left, and he swings mainly with his left hand instead of his right and there are other things that you could guess, but i will put this manga in the one to buy.

also the movies are getting distributed and what not soon by an Australian company called eastern eye, so i will be able to get the movies on DVD, i've seen the movies before i read the manga, but i wanted to get them all on DVD, can't wait.

and it will be good coz i haven't seen some of the movies in over a year.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 01-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Can you tell me the name of the movies if you know.

kAi
Sat, 01-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Lone Wolf and Cub is known as the Baby Cart Series
Movies in order.
1. Sword Of Vengeance
2. Baby Cart at River Styx
3. Baby Cart to Hades
4. Baby Cart in Peril
5. Baby Cart in the Land of Demons
6. White Heaven in Hell

EDIT: nearly forgot, there were two compilation films made for the US audience.

1. Shogun Assassin
2. Lightning Swords of Death

Hakeem_21
Sat, 01-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Ok thanks hopefuly i can find them.

kAi
Sat, 01-15-2005, 08:21 AM
well river styx, hades and peril should be the easiest ones to find, but i did see a torrent for the whole series on suprnova a little before it died.
so check some places where suprnova users have gone and you should have some luck.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 01-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Im used to irc now so i will check it there