PDA

View Full Version : Official Naruto 76 discussion ***SPOILERS***

Kagari
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Ok, Bakasan's sub was released, so I'll start off.

I just watched 76, and I loooved it.

Amazing backstory for gaara...after seeing it, I felt SO bad for him....and he's so cute as a kid. So was Yashamaru really trying to kill him, or was he just testing the sand or something? It seems strange that Yashamaru's caring words for gaara were all a hoax.... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Oh, and Gai and Kakashi, badass as always.

itachi_
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Aren't you violating the new rule, hmm thought it was only admins and mods that could make such threads, maybe you're a new mod, what do I know?

sangai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 03:13 PM
he is a mod i believe at least now he is

lionheart1012000
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:10 PM
yeah, he was recently promoted to mod. i think it was because he was one of the two i think, who helped bring back the sigs.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:14 PM
I ALWAYS THOUGHT YASHAMARU WAS A GIRL!!!
BTW he sounds like Kira from Gundam Seed so he gets cool points.
Gai's Konoha Senpuu was cool.
I think it's ridiculous to see Hokage fighting Orochimaru's sword 5 secs every episode.

XForce
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:17 PM
Yashamaru's voice actor is the same person that did Kazuki in Get Backers, not sure about Kira from GSeed, but I always suspected it was the seiyuu

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:26 PM
As much as I like the 3rd...I think Oro should already have been done with him...
Show more Jiraya action, that guy rocks...

sangai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:27 PM
Wait hold it yashamaru was a dude ar you sure she doesn't have a deep voice

Gods_Son
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:29 PM
yea, I thought the voice sounded familiar. Gai and Kakashi were the best part of the ep. Like Terra said the soul and sword goin back and forth is a useless clip that they keep showing. Hopefully the next time they cut to that fight, they'll finish it.

Kagari
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:40 PM
I think the reason they keep showing the clip of hokage vs. oro is either:

(1) they are reminding us that it's happening....kinda pointless, since we're not likely to forget... or

(2) They are showing that during all of these min battles (sasuke vs. temari, Kankuro vs. shino, asuma/shika vs. sound nins, and sasuke vs. gaara) this epic struggle between two super-powers is at a god-like stalemate, and they are locked in the clutches of their fate for a very, very, very long time...

what do you think is more likely?

sangai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:44 PM
option 3

3. annoy and bore the viewers

really i think there just trying to show how long a battle can last when its some one this strong

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:56 PM
the whole arc is getting too long. Period.

Destroyor
Thu, 03-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Well lagging no jutsu is at work i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif Garaa's lesson on love is split into 2 eps, and next eps is probably another *staring* day + flashback extra. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Oh well .... at least I have my bleach. Vol 1 ~ 8 complete! Boo ya! Screw Naruto!

*takes cover at the approaching mob

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 03-25-2004, 05:30 PM
Huh, ok, ok, Gaara... we all know you had a screwed up childhood... now, shobu des!
As a matter of fact, is it just me or anybody else noticed that there is *always* those *long* flashbacks/explanations during fights? I say, if I were the other guy, I'd strike right after the *I am that way becau....* Or *the sharingan/chakra/byakugan works like thi... ouch!!!!*

Uberbaka
Thu, 03-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
Huh, ok, ok, Gaara... we all know you had a screwed up childhood... now, shobu des!
As a matter of fact, is it just me or anybody else noticed that there is *always* those *long* flashbacks/explanations during fights? I say, if I were the other guy, I'd strike right after the *I am that way becau....* Or *the sharingan/chakra/byakugan works like thi... ouch!!!!*

Ahaha, nice. Ever played bushido blade? In the main story mode you are supposed to wait until your opponent has stopped talking/bowing/getting up or whatever, but if you feel like it you can just run over and kill them before they're ready (although you can't reach the final boss by playing dishonest).

Although I like these flashbacks, as long as they are original material and not the Sasuke 3x chidori explanation twice in two succeding episodes, geez. How thick do they think we are?

simplyxme
Thu, 03-25-2004, 07:12 PM
nvm

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 03-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Ahaha, nice. Ever played bushido blade?
Well, sure... but you'd have to agree with me that Ninjas kinda don't go by the bushido...
I like those flashbacks, but as you said, once is enough, and still are they there to kick ass or what?? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Thu, 03-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by: XForce
Yashamaru's voice actor is the same person that did Kazuki in Get Backers, not sure about Kira from GSeed, but I always suspected it was the seiyuu

apparently that voice is given to male characters that are feminine-like
i still think yashamaru shouldve just been a girl instead though....interesting how he has a jutsu of some sort that lets him levitate a bunch of kunais before throwing them

SeifeR
Thu, 03-25-2004, 11:10 PM
wait oh my god
yashamaru is a he? no way

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-26-2004, 12:00 AM
One can say he's a borderline bishie...

IamSpazzy
Fri, 03-26-2004, 12:27 AM
Gaara was such a cute little thing. I think he's a foil for Naruto even more than Sauske is. Anyone think that Gaara is warped way beyond the point of redemption?

simplyxme
Fri, 03-26-2004, 01:06 AM
he was really cute.. i feel so bad for him. I woulda played with him!! He's soo cute how could u not =[ I'm wondering if yashamaru was really trying to kill gaara or what. and personally i like the flashbacks.. I like having a decent story behind the characters cause plain fights get boring.. maybe its cause im a girl. anyway great episode.. i wonder how naruto's gonna deal with gaara. =x

Kagari
Fri, 03-26-2004, 01:07 AM
Yeah, it's gonna be tough to come back from something fucked like that....the only person to sort-of care for you tries to assasinate you, solidifying your belief that no one will ever love you....poor gaara.

EDIT: I agree with you, simply me....the flashbacks give depth to each and every character, I think thats what makes naruto so solid.

Gods_Son
Fri, 03-26-2004, 01:16 AM
yeah, I don't mind some flashbacks, but showing the Sasuke one again was useless. And who cares about Gaara, he's just a little monster. I feel more sorry for the drunk guy who ran into Gaara by accident, he didn't deserve to die.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-26-2004, 01:18 AM
Oh, come on... even as a psycho he's not doing a good job. How come is not managing to kill Sasuke *or* Sakura? He calls himself a bad ass and cannot kill Sakura ???? Hinata can kill Sakura, for Gawds' sakes. Sheesh. He could do us all a favor and get rid of those two. I'd be his #1 fan, then.
For a wanna be Norman Bates the brat is way overrated.
The trauma wasn't deep enough, I says.
Come on Sandboy, show us that you rock!
And, yeah, Kmaru...the drunk looked even more decent than the Kaze himself...what a weird village...sheesh.

Terracosmo
Fri, 03-26-2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by: XForce

Yep it's him.

Krbadass
Fri, 03-26-2004, 02:31 AM
I think this episode freakin sucked, they should have gotten past the gaara part quicker, we got the point after the first bit, and more on to the fighting, but i can't expect that i suppose.

?igma
Fri, 03-26-2004, 03:00 AM
One can say he's a borderline bishie...

hm, Angel sanctuary fan?
("one is here to show ones hat" Belial//Mad Hatter

love that manga . Also, I'm downing the 76 and to me, it sounds pretty nice.

and where do i get an avatar (main reason i dont want to be here very often anymore. Im a lame doctor~~)

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-26-2004, 04:05 AM
http://avatars.gotwoot.net
you can upload any pic you want. Make it a good bishie, please. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
And no, I am a lonely bishie hunter, don't go to any particular site to get my fill...
BTW, if you need help, check the help forums, for questions like avatars, sigs and such...

lost$oul
Fri, 03-26-2004, 04:24 AM
hmm.. kinda losing interest in naruto after watching the last two episodes with nothing on it... =\ i was hoping that this wouldnt turn out to be like DBZ but aparently it is...

Slain
Fri, 03-26-2004, 04:55 AM
i think the ep was good, cause Gaara`s story as child is quite good and i start to understand why he is like he is ^^. U think Naruto will summon gamabunta ?

I want more Kakashi / Gui scenes =D

and @ lostsoul w00t !!!! the last ep. was Gaara story if there would be only fighting Naruto would be a damn bad anime !!!!

?igma
Fri, 03-26-2004, 05:19 AM
cool thx i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

also. the first 30 MB were great, too bad naruto-kun has a corrupt file haha

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-26-2004, 05:54 AM
What kinda bishie is that? Scaryyy...

i think the ep was good, cause Gaara`s story as child is quite good and i start to understand why he is like he is ^^.

Everything you need to know about Gaara and were afraid to ask was said when he was in the hospital, trying to kill Lee.
Other than that, a psycho is a psycho is a psycho. Who cares? If he at least were good at it... where's the head of Saska and Sakura????
Gaara is way overrated as a bad ass...let's move on. We need some one to teach Sasuke no kozou some manners: Bring on the mother of all them: Uchiha Itachi!!!!

?igma
Fri, 03-26-2004, 06:01 AM
Arucard - hellsing

Goobermeister
Fri, 03-26-2004, 06:58 AM
personally i kinda liked teh gaara flashback. it gives him more depth as a char and lets us know why he is the way he is. sure the last 2 eps have been kinda slow and painful but that'll make that much sweeter when it gets going again. yeah, why didnt gaara kill sakura??? thats a good question, but then hinata will have no comp for naruto's affection. you know how anime is.... there is ALWAYS some weird love thing going on. oh yeah i'm also getting a tad bit ticked at the whole hokage oro thing. they should just hurry up and finish it or stop flashing to it until they are ready to finish it. and i think naruto should go berserk. that would rule!!!!! screw the giant frog!!! spiky haired, red eyed naruto is the best!!!!

Daaan
Fri, 03-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Im really looking forwards to the Naruto vs Gaara face off, shame only the dog and Temari are are going to see it, unless someone else turns up.

Jiraiya should feature more, the Bakasan translation when he Summoned the frog was awesome, really looking forwards to him performing his Violent Dance.

About Gemma vs Baki, have they just been sat waiting in the middle of the arena since the attack started? Might be good to have a catch up episode with bits and peices from everyone who seems to be misisng, but then Gai and Kakashi would just steal the show i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

So many people 'missing' even tho they'll be recovering from fights (Neji) or having abit of a sleep in the stands, tho anyone like that is either an idiot like Naruto or not good enuff to counter Kabuto. Ebisu, Hyuuga Hiashi will have probably countered Kabuto so Im wondering what they're uptoo.

itsgalf
Fri, 03-26-2004, 09:21 AM
I thought the flashback was pretty good actually. I loved the comparison about Gaara never being hurt, at least not physically, while emotionally, he was probably hurt the most.

Kagari
Fri, 03-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by: lost$oul
hmm.. kinda losing interest in naruto after watching the last two episodes with nothing on it... =\ i was hoping that this wouldnt turn out to be like DBZ but aparently it is...

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

Jesus christ, will anything please you? The last two episodes were EPIC!!! Sasuke getting wasted by gaara, gaara's whole backstory, naruto showing up in the nick of time...they were great!

Gaara's history has been building since, like, episode 21. I think they can afford a couple episodes to explain why he is the way he is...I've said it before, not only Big jutsus make a good show.

Oh, and I can't wait to see Jirayia, the way he said "Ninpou- Kuchiyose No Jutsu" when he showed up was absolutely hilarious!! Best voice EVER!

EDIT: Hey, who changed the title of my thread?i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 03-26-2004, 10:43 AM
The flashback is the best flashback ever according to me. Giving much depth into Gaara is very necesary since he is such a freaked out character. The more freaked, the bigger the reason has to be.

But i'm really itchig to see Naruto VS Gaara. Or should i say to see Naruto kick some ass again (because he always do kick ass) i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I've never seen him lost when it really counts, and i don't think it will happen now either, therefor, i will look forward to the major Gaara ass-kicking i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

?igma
Fri, 03-26-2004, 10:57 AM
ok i loved it aswell i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif great ep

itachi_
Fri, 03-26-2004, 11:48 AM
If I say like this... It was the best thing to do with the flashbacks they've added a few things which was good, it was the best possible flashback they could've made of it, I really liked the fight with kakashi&gai vs sand nins, it was good kinda funny ^^

Assertn
Fri, 03-26-2004, 11:56 AM

then dont watch it then......im sure we wont really care
I suggest you stay away from any series that is supposed to last for more than 50 episodes though, cause i can tell you now that you'll accuse ALL of them to be dbz-esque and then give up halfway

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 03-26-2004, 12:12 PM
This episode made me happy in the way that no action sequence can. Character Development is the most important thing in a character driven anime such as this, and Gaaras is top notch. And now, to whet my appetite for random fun action sequences, the next two episodes look to satisfy.

My only complaint? It took them too long to get into the Gaara flashback.

r3n
Fri, 03-26-2004, 01:29 PM
flashback wasnt as good as the zaku one, but yeah it does give the character depth. still jst wish we wud get some good long fights on the go. there was such anticipation b4 this invasion but theyve drawn it out too long imo. been jumping thru trees for a good 4 weeks or something.

Assertn
Fri, 03-26-2004, 01:32 PM
my complaint is that they couldve prolly wrapped up the flashbacks more (if you look at the previews you can tell they still have a little more left) if they didnt bother with the kakashi/gai thing....it was cool and all, but its not all that much different than what we've seen them do before: gai flies around the place hella fast and kakashi does the replacement technique. Then there's the orochimaru/3rd thing.....i have no problem with them delaying that fight, but did they have to bother reminding us?

A77ALiSTiC
Fri, 03-26-2004, 01:55 PM
lol, the surprised replies at the beginning of the thread about finding out that Yashamaru being a guy reminded about how everyone reacted when they found out that haku is a guy (i think some ppl still think hes a girl...)
anyways, this episode rocked.. i think this is the first ep that revolves around flashbacks and stuff that i liked.. sure does give Naruto (the anime) more depth. loved the part with Gai and Kakashi.. damn, would be cool to have a friend like gai sensei..
cant wait till naruto kicks gaaras ass (obviously) wonder if he will turn to kyuubi, or just summon gumabunta to finish him off

itachi_
Fri, 03-26-2004, 02:03 PM
It's popular to have shemales in anime, like pmk, kenshin and other have alot of shemales...

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Would be fun to see you calling Sesshoumaru-sama that...

B@ki_fight
Fri, 03-26-2004, 02:34 PM
ooohhhh i can't wait till i get get out here at work and watch the new Naruto 76 eps. .... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

chaos4ever4
Fri, 03-26-2004, 03:38 PM
76 was a pretty good episode. they did Gaara's past very well. unfortunately, the episode started to drag a little. I just hope that when the real fighting comes, they don't intersperse it with cut-ins and cut-outs.

Inquisitor77
Fri, 03-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Does anyone know why Japanese animation seems so preoccupied with guys that look like girls? I swear, every single major anime I've seen has at least one instance where there is a guy who is obviously drawn to look like a girl. Personally, it gets a little annoying. There was no good reason for having Haku look like a girl, and it didn't strike me as all that funny when Naruto got confused about it, too. It happens too much everywhere else for it to seem funny after the first 3205973210473 times. =P

tensai
Fri, 03-26-2004, 05:17 PM
this episode was okay
the flashbacks explained a lot
yashamaru's sister, gaaras mom, i thought the picture was yashamaru untiled he mentioned her
i guess yashamaru wanted to test gaaras power, but died anyway. i think his motive might have been revenge for his sisters death
damn naruto, has to wait for someone to protect to become really strong
not that many action sequences, but that shows that the next episodes will have some, hopefully

Assertn
Fri, 03-26-2004, 05:21 PM
perhaps, but i think the story would be even sadder if yashamaru was a woman all talking to gaara about love, and then stabbing him in the back....not that im implying anything about females, just that I think a bond broken between a little kid and a woman (especially one that is practically an identical twin to the real mother) would seem like more of a powerful impact on the kid

thats my opinion anyway

Nine Tailed Demon
Fri, 03-26-2004, 05:31 PM
They are dragging out the Hokage battle, just _______ his ______ already!! The Naruto vs Gaara fight is awesome!

PSJ
Fri, 03-26-2004, 05:33 PM
ok now im tired of reading all you crap posts about how bad this ep was etc. etc. this was a really good ep, the sasuke part was annoying tho that was probably there only to kill time since they follow a certain number of pages of the manga each episode(more or less) the gaara flashbacks are the best flashbacks in the show, and check this out there are gonna be more!! you saw the preview right? haha i love the gaara flashbacks. if i were treated like that and couldnt even kill myself o would also become a crazy killer, and as for the killing sakura, sasuke part, well he wont kill thewm since they are main characters... how stupid can you become? also naruto isnt attacking because he is to affraid to attack. watch more carefuly or 2 or 3 times before you post stupid things.

Assertn
Fri, 03-26-2004, 05:58 PM
yeah somebody was saying something about gaara having trouble killing sakura.....but he's only messin with her to piss off naruto

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-26-2004, 06:38 PM
I *know* they won't get killed, if anything, because are main characters. My comment was related to the fact that Gaara is overrated as a badass/psycho, since he's not able to accomplish that. Personally, I wish he was, but...
Also, I believe, and I may be wrong, of course, that there's a full fledged war going on Konoha. Of course, it's a matter of personal taste, but some people could be more interested on what going on there, than in Gaara's sad psychotic story.
I don't dislike him, and I think he's kinda cool, and I enjoying watching the thing in the Sand village. But could we have settled with *only* one flashback in *one* chapter for that? Also the whole deal with *you have friends(and I don't) staring game* is kinda well... ok, we know that. Is there a prob in wanting to see him in action against Naruto, now???? Shukaku vs. Kyuubi *certainly* will be awesome to watch...
Personally,I think it was cool to see Gai and Kakashi kicking real ass, maybe even cooler than a longwinded Gaara's flashback. Again, it's just *me*. I would like to see more of pro Konoha kick ass, as in Jiraya, and huh...how about other Ninjas? The Hyuuga guy was around.Will he join the fight?. There are a lot of pro ninjas with cool moves there. I believe it's safe to assume that they won't go home and wait for things to settle down...
Will we get to see Kabuto revealing his true identity? Will Genma kick Baki's ass?(I like Genma...is there a prob in wanting to see more of his fight???)
Anyho... that's my opinion. I don't see why it's *stupid* wanting to see things moving on a bit faster.
Chee...'taku.

Mgslee
Fri, 03-26-2004, 07:11 PM
I'm gonna assume Yashamaru is a a woman until we are offically told, she looks far to similar to Garaa's mother to think otherwise..

Over all this ep was good but the flash back pacing was a bit off... I think they needed more sadness and sorrow music in there ... it was fairly dry for the most part

The ep would've been totally boring if they didnt have that Gai and Kakashi interlude but I agree with all the posters saying they need to stop reinforming us about crap... we know hokage and oro are deadlocked and Sasuke can only perform 2 chidori's... atleast show us baki, gemma or kabuto or something else if they need to fill up more time.

The_Fourth
Fri, 03-26-2004, 07:20 PM
The episode was preety good and all, just one question, who was that nin standing against the wall just after Gaara killed that drunk guy?

sangai
Fri, 03-26-2004, 07:22 PM
would telling you be spoiler

but it should be obvious

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Not a spoiler. Pay attention to what Gaara calls him.

Haku no Fuyu
Fri, 03-26-2004, 07:38 PM
MARU is a term reserved for MALE names.
KO is one of the terms reserved for female names.
Is his name YASHAKO? I think not.

Everon
Fri, 03-26-2004, 07:43 PM
I absolutely agree with you. It would have made the scene more intimate had he been a woman. And that moment where Gaara mistaked Yashamaru and Sakura made me even more confused.

Yeah if I knew a lick of japanese I would have know this earlier. But it just feels like somethings been lost now that I know.

LostAngel
Fri, 03-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Yashamaru is definetly a boy. I personally want to know more about his father, rather his father intended for him to become a monster. I love having character depth and good back stories. I thought the flash backs were great. I just hope once the fight starts up, they don't throw a punch, flash back, throw a kick, flashback. He was trying to kill Sasuke, but Sakura interfered. Reason he is not killing her is to piss Naruto off and make him fight him I guess. Well that makes more sense to me than anything. I wonder if Gaara is going to change form completely before the fight is up, as it looks, night has a while before it comes.

I think Yashamaru was trying to test and maybe kill Gaara, he did say he was going to protect him, I think he meant that even if it was from himself. I believe he loved Gaara. Hehehehe. Gaara is so cute as a kid. Gaara's life is ironic. One scene I thought was cute showing how much Gaara liked Yash, yet a bit gross was him sucking on his finger when it was bleeding.

I want more of Kakashi and Gai fighting, they are so awesome. The whole thing with the Hockage and Ochi is that I think they are just showing how stubborn the strong ones are, plus it takes up time. One thing I notice about Naruto is that it drags out a lot of stuff taking up time. Overall the greatness stills prevails.

Vagabond
Fri, 03-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Sorry if im repeating but isn't Yashamaru gaara's uncle?

ZakuHan
Fri, 03-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Yep, good episode, I thought the flashbacks were well-done. I detest how they drew Yashamaru though, WAY too girly.

And.. Psycho does not mean evil. If he were evil, he would have smashed Sasuke instead of trying to have some fun with him (which he was clearly doing), and destroyed Sakura without a second blink. He's psychotic. Sakura protected someone that hurt Gaara (matching Yashamaru protecting the girl that made fun of him), so he knows she's important to Sasuke. Naruto makes it obvious she's important to him too, so now he's using her to taunt him into fighting him. Psychotic, not evil :)

~Chris

Assertn
Fri, 03-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by: VagabondLBD
Sorry if im repeating but isn't Yashamaru gaara's uncle?

yeah, but i think you're getting the posts about yashamaru and the posts about the guy who's looking at gaara after gaara kills the drunk guy mixed up

gaara says as he passes by the guy looking down at him, for those of you who missed it, "father"
it should be safe to say that he's the kazekage......kinda weird for him to be all casual looking....but then again i suppose the huge outfit would get kinda warm in the desert

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
[gaara says as he passes by the guy looking down at him, for those of you who missed it, "father"
it should be safe to say that he's the kazekage......kinda weird for him to be all casual looking....but then again i suppose the huge outfit would get kinda warm in the desert

My guess is that it happened *before* he became kage. Can't think of the episode, but they show a convo between Baki and him, and the kaze is behind a curtain. I *think* Japanese nobles are like that, I've seen this in other animes.
I'd guess that in the Sand village, important people are *so* important, that regular people are not supposed to see them face to face. So, it wouldn't be likely the mighty Kazekage would be hanging around on the streets like that.

sangai
Fri, 03-26-2004, 10:59 PM
maybe gaaras father wasn't kazekage then

Poiple Weezard
Fri, 03-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Need to wait for another episode or two to verify, but I definetly think Yashamaru was trying to kill him and not just test him. Maybe he realized that Gaara was that much of a threat to those around him, and that even though they were related Gaara needed to be destroyed.

JTD121
Fri, 03-26-2004, 11:55 PM
Finaly got around to this. I thought the episode was pretty well done, especially the Gaara backstory. And there weren't any iffy parts where the tail/arm animation happened again, since there weren't too many action sequences.

I think they should just finish the Orochimaru/Third battle already. If the old man isn't going to pull Orochimaru's soul out, then kill him already.

I think they should show more Kakashi/Gai vs Sound Nins, since the other 'battles' (except Naruto vs Gaara) seem to be at a standstill and a half.

Although this is becoming DBZ-esque, I still love it. They are moving most things along a lot faster than DBZ ever did after the 2nd season, and Naruto is in it's 3rd season so...

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

kage_bunshin
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:17 AM
the episode was not bad....
i can't for naruto to fight gaara! i wonder what jutsus hes gonna use! i wanna see sasuke jealous of naruto for once.

i thought pakkun was pretty funny, it made me laugh when he looked so scared!

Aegis Runestone
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by: Poiple Weezard
Need to wait for another episode or two to verify, but I definetly think Yashamaru was trying to kill him and not just test him. Maybe he realized that Gaara was that much of a threat to those around him, and that even though they were related Gaara needed to be destroyed.

... I hate that. That's so cruel. Don't they understand, the more they try to kill him the more hatred they will invoke into him. It's no wonder Gaara hates everyone, he can't trust or believe anyone who's friendly to him because of Yashamaru's stupid actions. I swear... I, now more than ever, want Gaara to receive some care and love from someone else.

And Gaara was so kawaii in this episode. I feel so sorry for him.

Vagabond
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:37 AM
Well wouldn't it make sense that Yashamaru would want to kill gaara? Didn't his sister die while giving birth to gaara? (or something like that)

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-27-2004, 01:23 AM
From what I've seen so far, I would assume Yashimaru tried to kill Gaara because the Kazekage ordered him too. They seem pretty big on "follow your orders even if you don't like them". And Kazekage probably saw that Gaara was becoming out of control when he killed that drunk guy.

Mgslee
Sat, 03-27-2004, 01:45 AM
When I read the manga I thought the person Garaa walked by after killing the drunk was kankuro... (but its obvious its Garaa's father since 1: Kankuro aint that tall 2: Garaa notes father)

I swear the manga makes more sense to me since I can fill in gaps with my own imagination... This whole yashamaru and kazekage crap doesnt make as much sense imo... oh well

itachi_
Sat, 03-27-2004, 07:03 AM
I think that Yashamaru was ordered by Kazekage to assassinate him...

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 03-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by: Mgslee
When I read the manga I thought the person Garaa walked by after killing the drunk was kankuro...

When I saw this episode, I thought the same thing at first. You really don't think of kankuro's face much, since he has makeup and a head covering, but they look almost identical.

Uberbaka
Sat, 03-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Just to point out something, Gaara doesn't actually "Say" Father.... He thinks it, maybe it's more like, "Mommy" You know? lol. He sees this man looking at him with hate and he whimpers a bit and since his mother is dead he thinks of his father?

-edit- Nevermind this post, i am wrong. =]

Karasu
Sat, 03-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Great Ep, nothing more to say.

tho there are some pretty wierd comments going on arround here i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Offcourse Gaara can kill Sasuke, offcourse he can kill Sakura, but then where will the show go.. He could have ripped Lee appart and throw his little body parts on the spectators if he wanted to. But its isnt that gory of a series and the "good" side is always good. There wasnt anything wrong with the flashbacks either.
All Lee fans can feel some real flashbacks that dont talk about the same shit over and over and over and over again like with ex. Lee (well it's about Gaaras childhood so its kinda about the same thing all the time but it's new stuff all the time), Gaara is a tad bit more complicated than just trying hard and be cool. But the series isnt about just Gaara so even if he can probably whoop "most" ppl he cant cause we wont have a series to watch i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

But I cant figure why some are so anti story driven flashbacks, that actually tell you something. Like theese with Gaara. It's not that hard to get a picture of why Gaara turned out the way he did. but there are some ppl who likes it and some who dont..

It's gonna be cool to see Naruto and Gaara go nuts.. Naruto is just the guy to push Gaara's limit so I hope he does that.

Yeah Yashamaru is a guy, yes the man Gaara walked past is "Kazekage" and yes Kankuro kind of looks like him (I think i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif didnt double check yet), check the little flashy in one of the Gaara vs Lee ep's Kazekage, Yashamaru and Temari and Kankuro as kids down on the left.

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 03-27-2004, 11:43 AM

LMAO the last 2 Naruto episodes had more story telling then WHOLE DB/DBZ/DBGT combined cmon LOL...

DBZ is just Yell and Scream to each other making stupid faces and call it powering up.. battling with 1 person for 2 weeks thats goes like i cant beat him, i can beat him, i cant beat him, the endless staring contests during battle etc etc

then you die wished back to life, go training and defeat the opponent..

And repeat this till you're are at the end of the DB serie... even a 4 year old could have made this piece of shit up..

Anyways back ontopic the person Gaara was passing by and called him Father is certainley Kazekage IMO i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Overall good episode intresting flashbacks.. Gai and Kakashi owning tha scene nice nice i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

And for the kiddos that keep whining that there are too many flashbacks.. and come whine every time here.. quit watching Naruto then and go watch DBZ then you can see non stop bullshitness fighting weirdo's KAAA-MEEE-HAA-MEE-FART!!!

Dreiko
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:50 PM
I don't know if any one said it but I think that if Naruto don't summon that frog bastard he do not stand a chance.

Aegis Runestone
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:05 PM
BTW: As for showing Oro and the Hokage again I have something to say about this:

[Scene Mockup]

Oro: Die you geezer!

Hokage: Never! I'll take you down with me!

Death God: Uh... guys...? Can I get my food yet? I've been waiting forever...Can one of you just give up and die? I'm really bored here.

Oro & Hokage: *eyes blazing, they both glare at Death God* SHUT UP YOU! THIS A BATTLE TO THE DEATH AND I WILL WIN IT!!

Death God: *thinking* I knew I should have brought my Game Boy Advance. -_-;

^_~

Kagari
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Bahahahaha!!! ^^^^

Yeah, it's been goin on for a while....It's an epic struggle, they can't just make one of them lose yet.

Assertn
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:43 PM
that would be the funniest thing ever though if in one of the later episodes they go back to the 3rd and oro, having the same determined looks on their face as always, and then switch over to the death god who starts to yawn and glance at his watch

MFauli
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:08 PM
Ahoi,

oh, this was the sadest ep. of the whole Naruto-series!
It was even sader than the Haku-Zabuza-saga.
There where really tears coming ut of my eyes......little Gaara is so sweet.
There bastard-kids that called him monster... oh, please kill them instantly!
Tja, now i really can understand Gaara....killing Yashamaru must have given him the rest....

cya,
Fauli

lasaire
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:11 PM
I think the whole drag-out of the Oro vs. Sandaime fight it not so much to make it more epc (although that's part of it) but to show that Naruto's chase and battle with Gaara is taking place simultaneously.

Remember that the main brunt of the fight between the Third vs. the First and Second took the majority of two episodes, and that there was a time lapse involved! Remember, the watching Anbu outside the barrier jutsu said "It's not possible for a ninjutsu battle to continue on for nearly an hour!"

Sakura, Naruto and Shikamaru left almost immediately after the battle began, and that time lapse allows time for them to catch up to Sasuke, including time for Shika to be delayed by the 9 Sound nins and Naruto and Sakura to close the gap further by continuing with out him!

The flashbacks to the Hokage battle are to show us that both storylines are happening simultaneously, while still devoting the majority of the episode to the fight scene with only brief breaks. Can you imagine how annoying it would be if, instead of starting with the majority of the Hokage battle and then moving on to the chase, the episodes each had and equal amount of both, flashing back and forth all the time? Yuck!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Haku's episode was sadder. Haku is prettier than Gaara. By far.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

lasaire
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Don't forget, guys, that Gaara's fight scene is far from over, and that the upcoming episodes may well show us more of Gaara's past AND answer all your questions!

itachi_
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:24 PM
The latest episodes and the following episodes is like the "Gaara arc", he got that much attention...

Nara Shikamaru
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:32 PM
they're jus taking advantage of the time to fill in on the background of the chars i guess ...

Assertn
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:51 PM
anyone notice how it seemed to get darker further into the fight between oro and the 3rd, but then it became sunny again when they went to the gaara stuff? hmm, maybe that WAS a time lapse....

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 03-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Or maybe there was a cloud getting in the way of the sun i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 03-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Nah within the kekkai its a bit darker i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 03-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Indeed. i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 03-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I ALWAYS THOUGHT YASHAMARU WAS A GIRL!!!
BTW he sounds like Kira from Gundam Seed so he gets cool points.
Gai's Konoha Senpuu was cool.
I think it's ridiculous to see Hokage fighting Orochimaru's sword 5 secs every episode.

same here when i read the manga they made him look so much like a dam girl, but when they revealed that he was a dam boy i was shocked, but anyways eps was great, even though i alrady know what was going to happen but its sommuch better seing the pictures move then reading them but i wish they cuold have made the eps just alittle longer

Assertn
Sat, 03-27-2004, 06:40 PM
but even inside the barrier it seemed to get darker than it did when it was first made
i'm pretty sure its more along the lines of the different animation studios having different impressions on what it would look like from inside

Gods_Son
Sat, 03-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Maybe it's the barrier plus the shadows from all the trees that's making it darker.

LostAngel
Sat, 03-27-2004, 10:19 PM
LOL thats so funny Aegis Runestone!! I dont think they will kill off Ochi mainly because he just too cool, his one of the coolest characters. Then afterward, other than the wait till Itchi comes into the picture, who else can be such an awesome bad guy. Plus Ochi really isnt all that bad if you think about it, just a mad scientist in a way. If the Hokage thought more like him, maybe he could of kept himself younger and would of won the battle.

Haku story was sadder by a long run, his would bring a tear to your eyes. Gaara's is more of a pity story than sad. Even though I think Gaara is somehow going to turn his ways, because usually that is what happens.

Naruto and Gaara's fight is going to be awesome, but I think he will maybe awaken a new power, like how Sasuke awoken Sharigan with his fight with Haku. That would be awesome. Plus I hope he his eyes turn red!!

Assertn
Sat, 03-27-2004, 10:26 PM
yeah but in order for the hokage to remain young, he'd have to take over a young person's body
thats usually considered an "evil" kinda thing i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Aegis Runestone
Sun, 03-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by: LostAngel
LOL thats so funny Aegis Runestone!! I dont think they will kill off Ochi mainly because he just too cool, his one of the coolest characters. Then afterward, other than the wait till Itchi comes into the picture, who else can be such an awesome bad guy. Plus Ochi really isnt all that bad if you think about it, just a mad scientist in a way. If the Hokage thought more like him, maybe he could of kept himself younger and would of won the battle.

Haku story was sadder by a long run, his would bring a tear to your eyes. Gaara's is more of a pity story than sad. Even though I think Gaara is somehow going to turn his ways, because usually that is what happens.

Naruto and Gaara's fight is going to be awesome, but I think he will maybe awaken a new power, like how Sasuke awoken Sharigan with his fight with Haku. That would be awesome. Plus I hope he his eyes turn red!!

^_~ Thanx, I try my hardest to entertain. ^o^

Naruto's eyes won't turn red anymore I think. Mainly because he can control Kyubi's Chakra now. As for a new ability, I also doubt that. Naruto hasn't even summoned Gamabunta yet, which I'm sure he will in this battle. I also want Gaara to change, he could be cold and silent like Sasuke, but still be a good guy. I hope someone, especially a really cute girl, comes along and shows Gaara some care, kindness and love.

LostAngel
Sun, 03-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Yah I know I just wish he eyes would turn red, I love red eyes. I wonder what Gamabunta will do if he summons him? I want Gaara to change so badly, I hope that one girl, I forgot her name, but the one with the Fan does something. Shes been kind of useless so she needs to do something. Usually through the series though they are showing how Naruto can change ppls hearts and bring out the goodness in them, so maybe that will happen with Gaara, maybe he will do something. I hope it all works out.

I want to still see more of Kakashi, Gai, and Jiruya ( i think that is how you spell his name, can't help but love him), Frogs killing snakes, I love it!

baka passing
Sun, 03-28-2004, 04:01 PM
yea. i love this episode. little bit of drama and little bit of action. not too much comedy, but i still like it when an episode has a combination of things going on. can't wait to see naruto vs. gaara tho.

androshalforc
Sun, 03-28-2004, 04:03 PM
DBZ is just Yell and Scream to each other making stupid faces and call it powering up.. battling with 1 person for 2 weeks thats goes like i cant beat him, i can beat him, i cant beat him, the endless staring contests during battle etc etc

oh comeon be reasonable there is now way those battles lasted 2 weeks... 2 months is more like it

NewGuyinTown
Sun, 03-28-2004, 04:48 PM
The Battle Animation in DBZ is really poor. I hate DBZ's hand to hand combat. It's like the same thing for 2 - 3 minutes long with only the background moving. It got no story, too. But anyways, this episode isn't that good. I think it's better to watch 40 episodes in a week, it makes tragedic scenes to show up more. That way, it won't give you time to think what will happen.

I was wondering if Naruto will ever transform (claws, monstrous face) without releasing the Evil Chakra.

[edit] Never heard anyone in the anime say Kyubi's Chakra was Evil after Naruto controls it.

JTD121
Sun, 03-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by: LostAngel
Yah I know I just wish he eyes would turn red, I love red eyes. I wonder what Gamabunta will do if he summons him? I want Gaara to change so badly, I hope that one girl, I forgot her name, but the one with the Fan does something. Shes been kind of useless so she needs to do something. Usually through the series though they are showing how Naruto can change ppls hearts and bring out the goodness in them, so maybe that will happen with Gaara, maybe he will do something. I hope it all works out.

I want to still see more of Kakashi, Gai, and Jiruya ( i think that is how you spell his name, can't help but love him), Frogs killing snakes, I love it!

Well, I've begun reading the backlog of the manga, but I won't spoil it.

Anyway, that girl, her name is Temari. I was kind of wondering what the hell she was still doing there anyway. I would have run if it were me and I knew what was going to happen. She was all powerful and whatnot against 'normal' ninjas, but when Gaara gets angry, she turns into a scared little kid. Kinda funny if you ask me.

I want to see more of the Jounins vs Sound nins as well. I dunno, it just looks cool, and the Gai/Kakashi 'rivalry' is hilarious.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by: JTD121

Anyway, that girl, her name is Temari. I was kind of wondering what the hell she was still doing there anyway. I would have run if it were me and I knew what was going to happen. She was all powerful and whatnot against 'normal' ninjas, but when Gaara gets angry, she turns into a scared little kid. Kinda funny if you ask me.

Kankuro also pisses in his pants in what Gaara is concerned. Remember during the Chunnin exam?
He was more scared of spending 5 days alone with Gaara , than of the forest.
Everyone in the Sand is scared of Gaara, hence the regular assassination attempts...

LostAngel
Sun, 03-28-2004, 05:29 PM
Hehehe i Know!! They make the perftect rivals! I want to see how powerful Gai can be, we've seen how powerful Lee was, so I can just imagine how strong he is. He suppose to be stronger than Kakashi isn't he? When he knocked that sound nin into the wall that was so awesome.

I hope Temari does something, she has potential to be something great. She is always acting like she cares for Gaara, so I think they are keeping her around for something. If she just acts like a lil scared kid and does nothing through the whole thing, that will dissappoint me. LOL it is pretty funny though thinking about it.

JTD121
Sun, 03-28-2004, 05:36 PM
[quote]
Kankuro also pisses in his pants in what Gaara is concerned. Remember during the Chunnin exam?
He was more scared of spending 5 days alone with Gaara , than of the forest.
Everyone in the Sand is scared of Gaara, hence the regular assassination attempts...

Well, I think the assasination attempts have stopped since the last one we saw by Yashamaru. But other than that, and the kanji for love on his head when all he does is kill is kinda funny.....Maybe I just find it funny...

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by: JTD121
[Well, I think the assasination attempts have stopped since the last one we saw by Yashamaru. But other than that, and the kanji for love on his head when all he does is kill is kinda funny.....Maybe I just find it funny...

Huh, wasn't that the first one? I mean, right after daddy sees him killing the drunk? Also, Gaara seemed to have been caught off-guard... One would think he'd be watching his back, even thought he doesn't actually need .

Pyron
Sun, 03-28-2004, 09:57 PM
76 was pretty good. i hate and love the fact that at the end of these episodes they piss you off because something really good happens. i CAN'T WAIT until 77 comes out. how is naruto gonna handle gaara? i can't wait.
the best part of the episode for me was when naruto threatened gaara, then he hurt sakura again...jokes. gaara is a pretty messed up bad guy, its wicked.
so much suspense all the time. some might hate it...but its really building up all the future episodes

Inquisitor77
Sun, 03-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Gaara never has the giant sand container in any of the flashbacks? I checked 75 and 76, and he's never wearing it, but the sand is still there...

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-28-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by: Inquisitor77
Has anyone else noticed that Gaara never has the giant sand container in any of the flashbacks? I checked 75 and 76, and he's never wearing it, but the sand is still there...

Wasn't to big for him to carry it when he was a kid?
Maybe he doesn't need it while he's in his village. There's enough sand in the sandboxes around for him to play with.
Maybe the gourd is more of a travelling device or something...

Gods_Son
Sun, 03-28-2004, 10:17 PM

Wasn't to big for him to carry it when he was a kid?
Maybe he doesn't need it while he's in his village. There's enough sand in the sandboxes around for him to play with.
Maybe the gourd is more of a travelling device or something...

yeah, it's the village of sand so there's probably enough around there so the he doesn't need to carry a gourd full of it. Maybe that's why it was so hard to assassinate him as well.

itachi_
Mon, 03-29-2004, 06:14 AM

Yeah, he can use tha sand that's around him, hidden village of sand is a big desert, that's why he would have the advantage in a desert-fight.

D.J
Mon, 03-29-2004, 06:45 AM
HEY yeah i loved it...

Naruto's been my fav...

Please keep things on Topic this is the official Naruto Discussion, Post the link in the General Discussion section - kakashisensei

?igma
Mon, 03-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by: itachi_

Yeah, he can use tha sand that's around him, hidden village of sand is a big desert, that's why he would have the advantage in a desert-fight.

Not fully agreeing, although u have a good point, it is also true, that the sand was drenged (do I say that good?i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) anyway soaked with blood , also old blood. I think its more then just a travelcontainer.
also the "Container" seems to be able to become a part of his body through the sand-demon. I bet it just got to big to stay hidden inside Garaa.

rleland
Mon, 03-29-2004, 01:00 PM
well the gourd contains sand so he can use it whenever there's none around to be used
of course there'd be old blood on it cause he probably keeps the same sand in the gourd most of the time (probably grown emotionally attached to it by now) so whenever he's not around sand he uses that

and the gourd is made of sand so he can transform it in any way he wants, remember he used it to shield is body and later repaired it in his fight against lee

sangai
Mon, 03-29-2004, 01:03 PM
i believe the sand feeds on the blood since the sand in its self is kinda alive

and there is only so much sand i wonder how much he finds in his shoes

also what did the preview for 77 show

Assertn
Mon, 03-29-2004, 02:04 PM
well, they pointed out in the hospital scene that shika's sand timer thing stopped moving when gaara was around.....this prolly means that he can control any sand, not just what he's carrying....so he probably only needs the gourd when he's traveling

Xollence
Tue, 03-30-2004, 01:58 AM
Yes I believe he can control all sand. Maybe that explains why no assassin was able to kill him in the sand country, because the whole place is sandy. Also explains how a genin (Naruto and Sasuke) can put up such a good fight against him.

j00b
Tue, 03-30-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by: A77ALiSTiC
cant wait till naruto kicks gaaras ass (obviously) wonder if he will turn to kyuubi, or just summon gumabunta to finish him off

In order for naruto to summon gamabunta, he needs to rely on kyuubi's power, so he will most likely rely on kyuubi's power.

For those of you who don't like the flashbacks, start your own thread called whiners or something...it is getting really old reading 42 complaints about that every single episode with even a minute or two of flashbacks.

Originally posted by: baka passing
can't wait to see naruto vs. gaara tho.

you can and you will.

This was a great episode and I look forward to the next one. It is getting a bit stretched out, but I expect that many of the battles will end in episode 78 (the end of the season)

Sharingan 3y3
Tue, 03-30-2004, 01:19 PM
so i finally got the chance to watch 76 yesterday, i liked it, it wasnt my fav ep but ... ya know..
gaara did look kinda cute as a kid but it was really sad what he did to yashamaru (made me hate him more than before) but kakashi and gai where the best of the episode ... period ...

Assertn
Tue, 03-30-2004, 09:06 PM
what? no way this is ending by episode 78....i'd guess it would be closer to end of may or earlier june

G-Pong
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:35 PM
I would have to agree with AssertnFailure

Gods_Son
Tue, 03-30-2004, 11:41 PM
They stupid clip of the Hokage fighting a sword has already gone on for 3 episodes, and the fight still isn't over. I doubt they'll end all the other fighting also by 78.

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Wed, 03-31-2004, 08:16 AM
ok guys, lets not be stupid, if you haven't realized its not moving that slowly, it moves from the hokages fight to the string of events naruto and the rest are facing, several fights went by already, also, anyone can tell they are just showing the hokage thing and the kakashi/gai scenes to show you that it's still going on as the events that you just watched were going on, if you're actoin junkies you should watch an action movie if you cant wait because obviously anime is designed to string you along as long as it can so you watch as much as they can get you to watch, and tho you all complain and gripe and bitch and moan you will all keep watchin naruto because u know you love it and you also know they're not going anywhere near too slow, also, dbz was worse than naruto as far as being slow, because the plots were weak and revolved around action yet they denied you the action, naruto has more driving the plot so when they deny you action it just makes it all the more sweet when you get it, be patient, good stuff waits around the corner

Assertn
Wed, 03-31-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by: LegendarySenninJiraiya
ok guys, lets not be stupid, if you haven't realized its not moving that slowly, it moves from the hokages fight to the string of events naruto and the rest are facing, several fights went by already, also, anyone can tell they are just showing the hokage thing and the kakashi/gai scenes to show you that it's still going on as the events that you just watched were going on, if you're actoin junkies you should watch an action movie if you cant wait because obviously anime is designed to string you along as long as it can so you watch as much as they can get you to watch, and tho you all complain and gripe and bitch and moan you will all keep watchin naruto because u know you love it and you also know they're not going anywhere near too slow, also, dbz was worse than naruto as far as being slow, because the plots were weak and revolved around action yet they denied you the action, naruto has more driving the plot so when they deny you action it just makes it all the more sweet when you get it, be patient, good stuff waits around the corner

who's complaining? we were just acknowledging that there is no way they could end this entire saga in just 2 episodes, when gaara hasnt even fully transformed, oro is still fighting the 3rd, and im sure there's still a bunch of ninjas all over konoha

sangai
Wed, 03-31-2004, 01:56 PM
episode 78 (the end of the season)

i have measured it out and the fight between gaara and naruto won't be finished till 81

2 chapters per episode

wonders if there will be a new opening (to replace that hoorible on)and hopefully a new ending (don't much care for the new one)

Uchiha-Itachi
Wed, 03-31-2004, 03:40 PM
Not to mention only 1 episode is released each week, wich makes it look alot slower/longer too.. if you had one every dag monday-friday.. you realize it isn't that slow afterall..

imagine DBZ being showed 1 episode a week.. god i rather kill myself then to follow that once a week..

Mut
Wed, 03-31-2004, 05:08 PM
rofl, if you guys think it's slow now, then wait til until waaaay later. TOO MUCH SHIT GOING ON.

Assertn
Wed, 03-31-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
rofl, if you guys think it's slow now, then wait til until waaaay later. TOO MUCH SHIT GOING ON.

if you're referring to what i think you're referring to....then i dont think it'll be as bad in the anime
keep in mind that the general transition is this:

1) manga tends to go quicker in sections that involve mostly dialogue, since you can fit a whole convo on a single page, while in the anime it could take a buttload of minutes to speak all of it. Therefore in these instances the ratio of anime episodes to manga chapters is usually about 1:1

2) its hard to display action in the manga, since EACH frame must be drawn to show the different details of the attack. Since anime is constant animation, then they dont suffer from having to show fight scenes, therefore the ratio of anime episodes to manga chapters here ranges from 1:1.5 to 1:2

r3n
Thu, 04-01-2004, 11:29 AM
77 is out subbed

http: //bakasan.net/torrents/[BakaSan]_Naruto_77_[EBDA5042].avi.torrent

start the thread mods i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Dante
Thu, 04-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Just wondering...is bakasans really worth downloading? Or is Anbu/Aone just that much better?

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 04-01-2004, 12:51 PM
ANBU is the best (after TW who takes too long) i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Wait for ANBU is the thing to do... I only download the RAw version, after that i wait for ANBU-version.

Goobermeister
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by: r3n
77 is out subbed

http: //bakasan.net/torrents/[BakaSan]_Naruto_77_[EBDA5042].avi.torrent

start the thread mods i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

i dl'd this and for some reason it ddint work on my comp. so im wondering if you have dl'd from here before, what program do you use to watch it?? i got audio but a black screen and an error msg. pls give a response to this

r3n
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:37 PM
dno im waiting for the ANBU release lol

Sharingan 3y3
Thu, 04-01-2004, 08:21 PM
bakasan would work if u have the latest version of divx, i think

j00b
Fri, 04-02-2004, 03:17 AM
The only reason i was saying 78 is that the season ends at that time. I sort of wish I got into the anime when this section was over; if i began then, it would be much less frustrating. I don't like the wait...it was much better when i was watching it five or six episodes every day.

My new prediction is that there will be a huge cliffhanger at that time. My previous statement was made when I was exhausted, so I didn't put all too much thought into it.

EPISODE 77 IS ALMOST HERE!!!

Assertn
Fri, 04-02-2004, 03:55 AM
i figured that was what inspired your guess, but in any case, they dont take a break any longer than a week from releasing anime. So even throughout the summer there'll be new eps

Dante
Fri, 04-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
but in any case, they dont take a break any longer than a week from releasing anime. So even throughout the summer there'll be new epsIs that true? So 79 should come out in a couple of weeks then, rather than in the fall?

That would be great..^_^

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Sun, 04-04-2004, 01:53 PM
blasphemy i hope you were kidding, TW freakin sucks compared to Anbu, they take too long and its not as good, and i am saying this because i had several eps by both

Assertn
Sun, 04-04-2004, 02:46 PM
yep, its true....there have only been maybe 2 or 3 weeks out of the whole year that didnt have naruto.....and those were distributed over different parts of the year.

i dunno.....i prefer TW personally....the subtitles are alot easier to read on a TV screen and they seem a little more accurately translated too. I'm glad that AA changed their font for these newer episodes though.

originalkrn
Sun, 04-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
They stupid clip of the Hokage fighting a sword has already gone on for 3 episodes, and the fight still isn't over. I doubt they'll end all the other fighting also by 78.

Seriously! He should just die already, although Sarutobi is one of my favorite characters its just taking a long time.