PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Movie Storyline?

BigR
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:26 AM
Judging by descriptions of the movie, it doesn't seem to be related to the manga, where it stands right now. Is the movie going to be a stand alone type thing, where you can not see it, but still not miss anything watching the tv series?

sangai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:31 AM
it will most likely be a ova

that means it will have almost nothing to do with the current story line

Everon
Thu, 03-25-2004, 03:05 AM
no idea what ova stands for. could someone fill me in?

Jakob
Thu, 03-25-2004, 03:54 AM
OVA = Original Video Animation

Sometimes written as OAV which is just Original Animation Video.

I think.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-25-2004, 08:55 AM
you've got some things wrong, OVA's are related to the original storyline, movies aren't...

the movie seems to be a big tounament that everyone will throw in thier flashy moves and act like idiots until the big evil guys get there, and then team seven kicks thier asses with their inner kyubi\sharingan x2\ Sasuke-kunnnnn powers, and then they'll go back home like nothing happened and pretend they didn't butcher themselves for the sake of $...

of course, we'll all watch it and say that it sucked and that we already knew it would...

Kagari
Thu, 03-25-2004, 12:50 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

yeah, most people will bitch and complain about the movie, no matter what it's about...these people have problems with everything. The fact that we're getting a full length feature naruto movie is badass, and i'm realy exfited to see it.

Gods_Son
Thu, 03-25-2004, 12:57 PM
I'm not really interested if it has nothing to do with the storyline. It's basically a long filler episode, but I'm sure it'll have something worth watching at least once.

sangai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:11 PM
i for one look forward to this movie it should be good

Assertn
Thu, 03-25-2004, 03:01 PM
hopefully someone will be able to get their hands on a good copy of the movie sometime around its release

The_Fourth
Thu, 03-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Although some people say that its going to be cr.., I am looking forward to see it.

Poiple Weezard
Thu, 03-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
you've got some things wrong, OVA's are related to the original storyline, movies aren't...

I'm pretty sure none of them necessarily are related to original stories, ie. Manga. Not all anime have a history before the series or OVA. I believe the only thing that OVA, movie, or TV series have to do with, are their intended method of distribution.

Movies are seen in theatres or on TV. Series are generally shown on TV then packaged to be purchased in volumes (DVD or VHS). OVA just means that it isn't being targeted for a TV network or to be shown in theatres, but basically a straight-to-video type thing. Its a good way to test the fan base for a cool series (you can argue that Hikaru no Go and Hajime no Ippo have done this recently) before deciding whether to develop a full season.

On this topc though, they've done several rounds of tournament episodes already. I think they will actually go on a mission, however minor it may be. The movie is undoubtedly gonna have excellent special effects. Unfortunetly, since it probably won't have an effect on the story of the series, you won't see Naruto, Sakara, or Sasuke using new moves or getting stronger than they already are. You also probably won't see any new information on the histories of the main characters.

chaos4ever4
Fri, 03-26-2004, 03:41 PM
you know, i'm wondering when the next narut special comes out. i really enjoyed the red four-leafed clover special, and really want to see another one to break from the storyline that will occur after this arc