PDA

View Full Version : kishimoto's plans for the series

Black Knight
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:31 PM
could the series be ending anytime soon? i get the feeling that kishimoto's trying to finish it off. why else would he kill off so many of the main characters? it would be kind of lame if they all miraculously survived their fights. i know it and kishimoto probably does too. it would be a fitting ending if you think about it. the closures there and we get a ton of action in the inevitable naruto/sasuke rematch. also, 24 volumes is pretty long. he should end it now unless he plans to drag it out dbz style and milk its popularity for all its got..

my theory is that after naruto beats sasuke, the manga will fast forward to the future where naruto will be hokage (always regretting the deaths of his friends, of course) and the village is at peace again.

Haku no Fuyu
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Three words: NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

sangai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:32 AM
yeah we don't even know if there dead so its hard to say

XwingRob
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Naruto will last as long or longer than the Dragonball series.
I'm sure of it because the voice in my head said it to be so. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Insomniac
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:43 AM
if the series ends now it'll leave so many things unanswered and be such a waste

Orochimaru doesnt have to die for the series to end but at least there has to be some development on the atasuki, i believe that once that is over with the series can finish as the atasuki know all about the kyuubi and would reveal alot of secrets we've been hungry for

Toruxxx
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:02 AM
i dont think it will end for a long time as there are bringing the movie out in august so it not ending for alil while yet.

Raven
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:24 AM
Even so, I think there's probably only 1 or 2 major arcs left. One being Akatsuki with Itachi tied into it, the other being a time-jump arc. I think the series is probably on the way out.

Then he might make a prequel series, to explain so many things we've been wondering about. Dunno what it would be called though. Konoha, maybe?

Kumiriko
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:41 AM
I can see an end comeing but Man. Who wount feel cheated. The serise has potental to go on for at lest three to 6 more years

sangai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:49 AM
the series has potential to go on for another 15 years

dragon ball -dragon ball gt 1980-1996
and naruto is bigger then the dbz so

i hope it won't end real abruptly hopefully it might show naruto's growth and focus on an entire story about sasuke and his time away from the leaf and then come back and naruto is a chuunin hunting down sasuke.

Assertn
Thu, 03-25-2004, 03:50 AM
bigger? you must not have known how big dbz used to be

jonny-mt
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:33 AM
Two words: One Piece.

XwingRob
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by: jonny-mt
Two words: One Piece.

Yeah, that's true, One Piece is probaly gonna last wayyyy longer than Dragonball did.

Hotsuma
Thu, 03-25-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by: Black Knight
could the series be ending anytime soon? i get the feeling that kishimoto's trying to finish it off. why else would he kill off so many of the main characters? it would be kind of lame if they all miraculously survived their fights. i know it and kishimoto probably does too. it would be a fitting ending if you think about it. the closures there and we get a ton of action in the inevitable naruto/sasuke rematch. also, 24 volumes is pretty long. he should end it now unless he plans to drag it out dbz style and milk its popularity for all its got..

my theory is that after naruto beats sasuke, the manga will fast forward to the future where naruto will be hokage (always regretting the deaths of his friends, of course) and the village is at peace again.

Are you high or something? That's the most retarded thing I've ever read. You make it sound as if you WANT Naruto to end.

We got a lot of uncovered ground here. Akatsuki. Naruto's true heritage, Sasuke VS Itachi, and a supposed time jump.

Kumiriko
Thu, 03-25-2004, 06:39 AM
I dont want to see any of those. 3 years later time jumps. Alot happins in a year. Hell alot happens in three months. If they do get to late teens i sure hope they take a decent ammount of time to get there.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-25-2004, 08:09 AM
at the shortest lamest case possible, we still have 2 major things to deal with.

A. Sasuke and Itachi,
and more importantly, Akatsuki and thier deal with Naruto.

those two alone can have to carry us for about two years, and with all the minor charecters going around (kakashi, kabuto, lee) and the other charecters (gaara, neji, hinata, shino, shikamaru) we have about three - four years left in naruto..

and that's considering having no new issues to deal with..

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 03-25-2004, 09:01 AM
I wish they would speed up things a bit. The Konoha war is going on for almost ten chapters, and we are yet to see the daddy nins in action. I sure would enjoy some adult kick ass for a change, I mean pro work is good to watch...That for the anime.
For the manga, isn't the Saske rescue starting to drag a bit, or is it just me?
Truth to the said, I personally thing the whole thing is a bad mistake. My theory is that Sasky is a nuke-nin and should have been treated accordindly. A couple of Anbus and hunting-nins should have been done with him even before he crossed the gates of Konoha, and that would be it for the little Prima Donna.
That mission is a total waste of nin power with such a worthless psycho brat. I hope Genma and Raido didn't die on account of him. I'd be *very* aggravated if they did. Genma is the coolest. His eyes and his Chee...taku, to Neji during the match with Naruto are priceless. more power to the minor minor characters... Sasuke gets too much attention and screen time. Itachi is way better at being a psycho. I rather have a full-fledged one than a baby, whining one...

itachi_
Thu, 03-25-2004, 10:01 AM
There are just so many questions that haven't got an answer yet, talking about: Kakashi's sharingan, hokage 4th life and the sealing of kyubi, itachi's wipeout of the uchiha clan, hokage 1st, 2nd lifes, the akatsuki and those members and the restoration of konoha and these moments are pretty important to the storyline.... I think it could be like the lengt of pokemon and dbz if it turnes out the best possible way.

I think that your theory just have been broken..

Stoopider
Thu, 03-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Yar!! Ye Fake Prophet of Doom! Burn him!

lionheart1012000
Thu, 03-25-2004, 11:39 AM
*takes out random weapons and some flame throwers* ready when you are.

Hyuga Koji
Thu, 03-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
My theory is that Sasky is a nuke-nin and should have been treated accordindly. A couple of Anbus and hunting-nins should have been done with him even before he crossed the gates of Konoha, and that would be it for the little Prima Donna.

You're forgetting one thing, Sasuke is the last surviving member of the Uchiha clan which makes him incredibly valuable if some no name nin left they wouldn't give a shit.

The last surviving member of an important group of people is practically untouchable.

I want Sasuke's fall to wrap up and get to something new plus we've got all these coutries and villages i want to see some more of them later on once this little thing is done with before the big showdown with the akatsuki

Gods_Son
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Ending it after this arc would make the series a complete waste. They should just stop introducing new characters/bad guys that don't help to tie up any loose ends. The Sound 4 were all wastes of life and shouldn't have gotten so much time. Even Kimi who seems cool, won't help answer any questions, seems like they just had him so they could give Lee a grand entrance. I'm sure Kishimoto has some sort of game plan, and the next arc will give us closure for some of the things that we still want to know.

Sol
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:46 PM
if kishimoto's smart he'll tie the akatsuki arch with this one. like ... naruto and sasuke fight and get that past - orochimaru is in mid fight with someone, then itachi/kisame (was that shark boys name?) come in, kill orochimaru and abduct naruto...... then everyone goes to save him. sure that'd be homo to go from one rescue to another so it'll probably be something else like, orochimaru or some other person reveals something about naruto's past that makes him GO to akatsuki - for what, we don't know but that'll be another way to tie it to the next arch

khaodessy
Thu, 03-25-2004, 07:20 PM
my thing is why so many either want the show to be liences or it to end. geeez just enjoy it while its out because when it does end your going to wish it didnt. even though i hate to relate it to dbz but the story started out when goku was a kid and ended when he was in his 40's. meaning naruto started out when he is 12 (same age as goku) so the story could end when he is in his old age. the story is about his life and just because you can end it when he becomes hokage doesnt mean that you have to stop there. him as hokage can start a hole new story.

Gods_Son
Thu, 03-25-2004, 07:29 PM
I guess people might want it to end sooner and get licensed if they're thinking about buying the series on dvd, so it won't take forever to come out and so they won't have to buy too many dvds

MightyDustLoop
Thu, 03-25-2004, 07:57 PM
Ongoing series get picked up all the time. After all, if you can't get viewers with the first 75 episodes your hopes are slim to none for the rest of it.

And I really don't think this series is gonna wrap up any time soon. I mean, they're dragging out this crappy Sound Nin arc that's following a really bad, desparate Shonen characteristic: good guy losing, whips out a new move. Even if they all died they're minor characters for the most part. They can get rid of them all (except Sasuke and Naruto) and still drag the series out to enormous lengths.

Most likely no one's even gonna die. They really should consider disposing of a couple of them.

But since Lee's here that means Tsunade's probably with him and is healing everyone as she comes along while Lee goes on ahead. Probably caught wind that Orochi is directly involved by being informed and observing the bodies of those ninja killed earlier (she's good enough to know they were the victims of a seal for sure), and when someone who nearly wiped out your entire country/village is directly involved your duties get a new priority.

I hope I didn't just ruin the arc for anybody.

Black Knight
Thu, 03-25-2004, 09:26 PM
alright i forgot about itachi and a few other things. ill change my theory to say it will end once all the questions have been taken care of. any new issues would definitely be pushing it.

i sure as hell hope everyone stays dead. it would be pretty dumb for them all to go out in a blaze of honor and glory only to come back. i for one hope they all stay dead.

the reason i want it to end is because i want it to remain a good anime while it still can. this whole "chase after sasuke" arc is starting to bug the hell out of me. how long has it been since the story actually went anywhere? reminds me of another anime *cough*dbz*cough*. also, dbz was popular as hell back when it was still being released. now, most people ridicule those who still watch it. i dont want that to happen to naruto.

and hotsuma. theres a little something called respect for other people's opinions. why dont you learn it?

Xceleration
Thu, 03-25-2004, 09:59 PM
The thing is the Naruto Manga still has a long way to go, and even if all the questions we ask now are answered, there will always be new unanswered ones. I can't believe you want all of the genins to die, it'd totally ruin the storyline, it'd make this entire chasing Sasuke Arc POINTLESS. It'd be a dumass reason for all the major characters to die. I for one believe that they will somehow survive, even if it keeps going it'll still be a good anime.

Dragonball Z Anime was never that good anyways, it was good until the frieza saga ended, but Android/Cell/Buu saga was bull. I enjoyed Dragonball (Goku before adulthood), and Dragonball GT though. The manga for Dragonball Z is good though, because it doesn't waste 30 mins of useless dialogue, and advances fast. The manga overall was very good.

Naruto won't end anytime soon, there's alot of depth, and the story would be incomplete unless theres about another 10-15 volumes. I am pretty sure the Naruto Manga will be very good too, but I'm not sure about the anime. The anime seems to have shitty animation quality lately, and isn't getting any better.

MightyDustLoop
Thu, 03-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Not ALL of them, just one or two. Then Shikumaru will have to come to terms with what he's partially responsible for. I think it'd make a pretty interesting side-plot.

They're all gonna survive anyway, for the reasons I stated above, healed by Tsunade, so arguing is pointless.

Black Knight
Thu, 03-25-2004, 10:25 PM
it would be pretty irresponsible of tsunade, the HOKAGE, to come out on a rescue mission to save a bunch of genin. and about naruto having a lot of depth, i dont know if i can agree with you on that one given the rate at which things are going now. all i see right now is one fight after another.

Vagabond
Thu, 03-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Don't worry man. Things will start to pick up soon.

Xceleration
Fri, 03-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by: Black Knight
it would be pretty irresponsible of tsunade, the HOKAGE, to come out on a rescue mission to save a bunch of genin. and about naruto having a lot of depth, i dont know if i can agree with you on that one given the rate at which things are going now. all i see right now is one fight after another.

Overall it does have alot of depth, but I'd have to agree that recently the storyline is getting a bit weaker. The entire story is very good though, so it does have a lot of depth, you don't judge things just by what you see now, it's the entire thing from beginning to end.

itachi_
Fri, 03-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Most experts within the anime-fansubbing groups believe that Naruto most likely will be a 150 episodes+ series

Everon
Fri, 03-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by: MightyDustLoop
Not ALL of them, just one or two. Then Shikumaru will have to come to terms with what he's partially responsible for. I think it'd make a pretty interesting side-plot.

They're all gonna survive anyway, for the reasons I stated above, healed by Tsunade, so arguing is pointless.

Yeah I think it would much more interesting if we see Shikamaru's unconfident side. I don't see Neji dying, cause he's still got that free bird thing going for him, but Kiba and Choji are as good as dead.

Jman
Fri, 03-26-2004, 10:42 PM
far from over. too many questions need to be answered.

Ryno2410
Sat, 03-27-2004, 04:11 PM
It would be in the best interest of the series to have Neji, Chouji, and Kiba to die; but if anyone was to die, I'd have to pick Chouji. Even though he's my favorite character, his death would change Shikamaru in such an interesting way. He may start to hate Sasukie for the death of his friend. If Neji died, we still have Hinata who could become even more inspired to get stronger, to fight against her fate. I don't wanna kill off Kiba because I like Akamaru and don't see how it would help the growth of characters as much as Chouji's and Neji's death. We don't really have a story behind Kiba.

Kalean
Sun, 03-28-2004, 03:45 AM
Ok, it's working up like this.
A) Neji hasn't reached his 128 palm ougi yet, so he's not allowed to die.
B) Everything that happened to the three downed major characters could easily be fixed by Tsunade, should she choose to set out within a chapter or two.
C) Tsunade is not sending the team out so as to keep Sasuke to the leaf, but rather, to keep him FROM Orochimaru. The last thing Konoha needs is an Orochimaru that knows all techniques ever.
D) Since Orochimaru has just TAKEN a body, he can't take Sasuke right now, so Sasuke can potentially train under him without being taken over.
E) Akatsuki is a LOT of ground to be covered, if anyone is familiar with similar story groups in other animes. (Jupon Gatana in Kenshin, Gung Ho Guns in Trigun, etc.)
F) Sasuke vs. Itachi will not happen if anything is right in the universe. Sasuke's quest for vengeance is destroying what passes for his life. He'll either realize this, or become just as cold-hearted a villain as Itachi is, and trading one for the other is not exactly good story planning in this case.

And now for my predictions.
Ino + Chouji.
Temari + Shikamaru.
Sakura + Rock Lee.
TenTen + Neji.
Hinata + Naruto.
Sasuke = One lonely little pint sized punk.

Oh, and with the unbelievably large amount of hints they dropped as to Gaara's changing nature, it's not at all unlikely that the manga will go on for a significant period of time, featuring eventually a return visit from our favorite sandman. Just my 8,371 cents.

--
Edit-
Does anyone else think it's strange that when the third performed the soul seal technique that the fourth used on the Kyuubi, it sealed the souls into himself, or rather, himselves? So then, in that case, what exactly IS Naruto's relation to the fourth? Just some food for thought.

MightyDustLoop
Sun, 03-28-2004, 04:06 AM
I agree with most of what Kalean says. It seems similar to what I was getting at, except more detailed.

Except for the pairings. This is an anime, and most of them cop out long before you see who they end up with. We'll be lucky to see one or two pairings. Hell, I'd be ecstatic if they promised that much. And I wouldn't bother guessing either. It's not a game where everyone always gets paired off.

My guess for couple?

Sasuke + Naruto on the fanfics for about a decade. I'm sure you'll get enough of those.

Stoopider
Sun, 03-28-2004, 01:38 PM
I wonder how is it going to end if it all ends in chapter 24? Real Abrupt ending woulldnt it be?

As Naruto fights Sasuke in the junble, Itachi pops out screaming ' SASUKE! DIE!!! I KILLED OUR VILLAGE BECAUSE...' Then Sasuke stabs Itachi in the heart with a kunai. "I dont want to know". Then suddenly, from the other side, The fourth Hokage pops out screaming at Naruto ' YAR! NARUTO! I AM YOUR FATHER!', THen falls aside and die.

As for Rock Lee versus Kimi. Rock Lee kicks his ass and Kimi have a bone. Kabuto stabs Oro while Orois sleeping. Tsunade marries Jiraiya. Sakura becomes a nun. And Naruto upon coming home from the battle, he is crowned Hokage for his valiant efforts for helping Sasuke and friends.

Oh yeah, Gai and Kakashi were out hunting the atsasuki bank robbers in which they were succesful.

The End?

Not likely.

lionheart1012000
Sun, 03-28-2004, 01:45 PM
lmfao! dude the part of tsunade x jiraiya and sakura becoming a nun was sweet. obviously that will never happen but stil, gotta say it was quite good.

Mut
Sun, 03-28-2004, 09:37 PM
i don't think naruto will end anytime soon. there is too much to reveal. besides, i don't think neji, or chouji are dead.

Kalean
Mon, 03-29-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by: dazzz
i don't think naruto will end anytime soon. there is too much to reveal. besides, i don't think neji, or chouji are dead.

I want badly to believe that Chouji is not dead, and if Neji isn't, it's probably because of a healer who probably reached Chouji first. But I don't know what they're going to do for Chouji in the future, as he's lost most of his body fat when the pill converted it into Chakra (very scary by the way.) Maybe he'll regain it all quickly with his eating habits, or maybe they'll have him remain far too cool looking, but it feels like they gave him an ending before he died.

Mut
Mon, 03-29-2004, 09:58 PM
the secondary characters (eg. kiba, chouji, neji, etc.) are probably gonna end up getting much show time as hinata (none) as the story progresses since they served most of their purpose for being in the story.

Stoopider
Tue, 03-30-2004, 12:27 PM
If Chouji dies, that will be the half of the Korean BBQ shop's profits. They'll proabably have to close.

Other half goes to his dad.

Hokage-IV
Wed, 03-31-2004, 01:26 AM
were you people sleepin during Tsunade arc? there is a reason Leaf brought in Medical Ninja specialist. lol
no one is gonna die

Assertn
Wed, 03-31-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by: Kalean

Originally posted by: dazzz

I want badly to believe that Chouji is not dead, and if Neji isn't, it's probably because of a healer who probably reached Chouji first. But I don't know what they're going to do for Chouji in the future, as he's lost most of his body fat when the pill converted it into Chakra (very scary by the way.) Maybe he'll regain it all quickly with his eating habits, or maybe they'll have him remain far too cool looking, but it feels like they gave him an ending before he died.

i think chouji looked skinny after he was in the hospital that time when gaara was tryin to kill lee
it prolly doesnt take long for him to return to his normal self.....or maybe ino pointing out his weight before was foreshadowing that he'd lose it soon afterwards....maybe she'll end up falling in love with his new look and give up on sasuke i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Boogster
Thu, 04-01-2004, 06:07 AM
To address the original post, all be it briefly, I don't how your somewhat random timejump would work.

The series won't end yet, there are a number of unresolved issues.