PDA

View Full Version : .Hack//Sign

Takenoko
Thu, 03-18-2004, 10:20 AM
I'd really like to finish watching this series, I have up to ep 15 and it's just starting to get good. I tried the KAA bt's on Downloadanime but it's not working correctly. Boxtorrent has a compilation sign/lumination bit, but I only want sign. Yeah I tried downloading the compilation torrent but no one is seeding it anymore.

Does anyone know someplace that still has it for host? I've been resorting to winmx but sometimes I get unsubbed versions of it and it wastes my time i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

-take

Munsu
Thu, 03-18-2004, 10:40 AM
I don't know... but again... can you guys please stop posting request for downloads in this section... it is getting annoying coming across this threads

Kumiriko
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Plus this serise is licenced and can be rented. (owns the first three disks)

Ciber
Wed, 03-24-2004, 07:01 PM
I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Kumiriko
Wed, 03-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Enjoy. i know i did

shida
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:30 AM
I was going to say don't b/c I didn't get into the story.(watched all of Sign) I just wasn't pulled in or felt much for this anime..

however.. I've read of other people really liking this and going so far as getting the games.
I hope you like it tho.

just my unimportant 2-cents

Kumiriko
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:28 AM
The reason i loved it so much is because i started the serise after being a Ragnorok online Junky and they took away the freeness. I could really get into the story since i loved the game so. The story is slow for some people. Dont expect alot of action. like all MMORPG they are quite Community/intraction based.

BurnHavoc
Thu, 03-25-2004, 10:07 AM
.hack is cool

//Liminality (OVAs from the games) are the best of all .hack stuff IMO

The only problem with //Sign is the main character, he's worse than Shinji Ikari for being idiotically undecided and whimpy.

The .hack//Gift episode is hilarous, and .hack//Sign SPecial Ep 28 is interestingly pointless

Kumiriko
Thu, 03-25-2004, 12:00 PM
I liked the .hack Legond of the Twighlight Bracelet. I havent seen the other one really. i am sure it is good but it dosnt have the same feel

Gods_Son
Thu, 03-25-2004, 12:53 PM
I saw a couple episodes of .hack//Sign, and thought it sucked. I couldn't stand the main character.

Legendary Nin
Thu, 03-25-2004, 05:06 PM
The first 20 episodes of .hack/sign are garbage,the last 6 are good.I forced my self to watch the whole series since I got it all in a bundle.I wouldn't do it again unless I was paid.

Destroyor
Thu, 03-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Er ... good luck.

The game is good but the actual anime itself, just ... blah.

I like the well drawn art and just every once in like every 7 eps or so there's something interesting, but as a whole .hack//sign isn't that good at all ....

Be sure to watch the extra though, that one eps is really good.

Btw, are you getting them from KAA?? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

sangai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 05:27 PM
i watched some of it and thought it was good but didn't get to into it

HimizujinEternia
Thu, 03-25-2004, 05:48 PM
.hack//Sign is a difficult anime to get in to if you're expecting alot of action (and you would, considering the setting. I know I did.) However, if you just watch and pay attention to the story, it's REALLY, REALLY good.

lionheart1012000
Thu, 03-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko
I liked the .hack Legond of the Twighlight Bracelet. I havent seen the other one really. i am sure it is good but it dosnt have the same feel

hmm legend of the twilight bracelet...isnt that .hack//dusk? if it is then yeah it doesnt have the same feel as .hack//sign, sign is more of a dark/serios anime while dusk is more of a cutsey anime...well thats what i think anywayz.

Kumiriko
Thu, 03-25-2004, 11:35 PM
Quite right. apprntly Dusk happens Simotainusly with the Games

lionheart1012000
Fri, 03-26-2004, 02:30 AM
it does? wow i must be some real dumbass cause i didnt know that.

blizeH
Fri, 06-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Apologies for topping this thread, I couldn't actually find another .hack//sign thread so figured this one would be best.

Just wondering what your opinions are of this anime? I thought it was mostly pretty good, the music was great in places, the animation was nice and mostly the characters were pretty good.

The main character however was incredibly dull, I've never cared so little about a lead character in all my life, he had absolutely /no/ personality, which is always going to really sway my opinion of something, a decent main character can make a huge difference, unforuntately this one sucked.

And don't even get me started on the bloody ending, what on earth was all that about?

Kraco
Fri, 06-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Wow, this is so ancient a thread that hardly any posters are anymore visiting the site.

Well, anyway, thanks for reminding about the OST. Quite a few people have said it's a great one, so I gotta get it one day, even though I couldn't force myself watch the series itself more than half a dozen episodes.

blizeH
Fri, 06-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I disagree about the OST, everyone seems to love it, and yes, for the first few episodes I genuinely believed it to be the best music I've ever seen in an anime, but it didn't take too long to realise that most of the songs being played were just recycled versions of a song in a previous episode, there only seems to be a few different tunes throughout the entire anime, just played in a slightly different way.

mage
Mon, 07-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Just because they used the same songs over and over doesn't make them bad.

RyougaZell
Mon, 07-03-2006, 11:57 PM
One of the best series that isn't for the common people.

Hack//SIGN is about deep relationships and plot, not about action.

All Hacks are like this.

And this series made me a fan of Yuki Kaijura

other works done by her can be listened at:

- Noir
- Mai Hime
- Tsubasa Chronicle
- Xenosaga 2 (game)
- Madlax