PDA

View Full Version : sigX -- Final Round!

littlecooldude
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:40 PM
sigX -- Battle of the Sigs!
FINAL Round

Open Anime (any anime/game... thta's not Naruto)

Rules

You are to create one sig (500x150), one avatar (64x64), and one wallpaper (1024x768), all of which have a matching theme.
You can submit your entry by sending it in a PM to littlecooldude
All entries are due by 6:00PM Friday, 2nd EST

The following people have advanced to the FINAL round.

For Third Place:
lasaire
r3n

For First and Second Place:
AlbinoFury
Kagari

Nara Shikamaru
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:56 PM
cool can't wait for the creativeness ^-^ but all of them are so good >_____>;;;

r3n
Wed, 03-24-2004, 05:38 PM
so thats nxt friday right? phew, thought u meant in 2days at first lol

dno what im gunna do! good luck to lasaire, albinofury and kagari, cant wait to see what u guys come up with i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

AlbinoFury
Wed, 03-24-2004, 06:39 PM
im out of town till this friday good the deadline is next fridayi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif if yall need any ideas or help pm me and ill get back to ya on fridayi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

animeniac
Wed, 03-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Good Job everyone! Hopefully Lasaire will do better this time! Btw i voted for u lasaire in round 3. It shudnt be biased because of character choice.

lasaire
Wed, 03-24-2004, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I dunno what's up with that.

Oh well, I'm a bit too busy to worry about it.

Kagari
Wed, 03-24-2004, 07:39 PM
Yahoo! Let the fun begin! I can't wait to choose something....

PSJ
Thu, 03-25-2004, 05:34 PM
good luck everyone!!!

Toruxxx
Thu, 03-25-2004, 06:45 PM
good luck to you four doing it ^_^ cant wait to see what u guys come up with

r3n
Thu, 03-25-2004, 07:06 PM
ive decided im gunna do my pieces on hisoka from hunterxhunter, jst cos hes so damn cool. but havin trouble finding good quality images. ohwell humbug!

lasaire
Fri, 03-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Question:

Since sigs have now been re-allowed, albeit with new size requirements, are we following the new or the old size guidlines for this round?

I myself will most likely use the new guidlines, as I want to enable my entry as my new sig, but the old maximum allows for more space and we've already seen that something as insignificant as character choice can have a great effect on the voting.

r3n, what's your plan?

littlecooldude
Fri, 03-26-2004, 10:51 PM
As I've stated in the rules above, the limit is 500x150, the same as the old board, but since the new rules are within these dimensions you can choose to do either.

lasaire
Fri, 03-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Hmm......hmmmm....can't decide. I want to make good use of the larger size limit but I want to use the sig too. Oh well, that's just me being my usual indecisive self. :-)

Thanks, LCD!

animeniac
Sat, 03-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Just make two different sizes of your sig. One for the contest one for your own usage.

AlbinoFury
Sun, 03-28-2004, 04:14 AM
ive started creating, ive already made 2 wallpapers, probably make another 2 or 3 before entry time and pick the besti/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

btw im gonna use the new sig size for the forum because i want the wallpaper to be the centerpiece as well as i want people to be able to use it after the contest is over (you all have free reign to use anything ive made for the contest thus far as long as you credit me or ask in pm at least.)

if you want smaller versions of the previous rounds sigs ive made pm me and ill shrink one for ya and change any text or anything to whatever you desire.

r3n
Sun, 03-28-2004, 07:37 AM
lol wtf, ive made like no progress, and lasaire i think im gunna do what animeniac said. make the 500x150 one then i like it ill cut it to the right dimensions for forum use.

still have no idea what my layout etc gunna be i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif afraid my input this round is gunna be crappy

lasaire
Sun, 03-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to go for the new size -- I really want to be able to use it afterwards.

PSJ
Sun, 03-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by: r3n
ive decided im gunna do my pieces on hisoka from hunterxhunter, jst cos hes so damn cool. but havin trouble finding good quality images. ohwell humbug!

i really hope it turns out good, hisoka is so damn cool. love that dude.

Kagari
Sun, 03-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Wallpaper really didn't belong in this contest, I'm clearly screwed now...

even if My sig and avatar turns out, everyone is gonna focus on the big wallpaper to vote and I won't stand a chance i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

PSJ
Sun, 03-28-2004, 05:13 PM
nah wallpaper isnt that big of a deal to me, for me my vote falls on the one that made the best looking stuff overall. i think sig and ava are more important than wallpaper.

AlbinoFury
Tue, 03-30-2004, 12:58 AM
i just finished my entry ill prob send to LCD tomorrow, so now im winded, thats alot of stuff, im very very happy with what yall r gonna see though i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif now i cant wait to see what everyone else puts together!

r3n
Tue, 03-30-2004, 05:42 PM
finally did some work on my wallpaper 2night i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif doing some stuff that ive thought up, so HOPEFULLY some ppl will like it as much as i do i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Kagari
Tue, 03-30-2004, 05:45 PM
bah, my shit sucks

littlecooldude
Tue, 03-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Plenty of time, just keep messing around with it.

r3n
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:57 AM
ive not even thought about my av or sig yet lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

hiddenpookie
Wed, 03-31-2004, 06:13 PM
http://avast-ye.com/sig/gwsighp.jpg migawari's master piece i should have seded it earlier *sigh

Kagari
Fri, 04-02-2004, 01:24 AM
Ok, so i submitted my entry tonight, and I'm pretty pleased with it, win or lose. Can't wait for the voting to begin!!

Also, many many thanks to the great, wise and powerful littlecooldude for being the most epic overseer EVER. We thank you eternally. well, at least i do. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

AlbinoFury
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by: Kagari

Also, many many thanks to the great, wise and powerful littlecooldude for being the most epic overseer EVER. We thank you eternally. well, at least i do. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

I totally agree thx LCD
i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

itachi_
Fri, 04-02-2004, 09:56 AM
When can we start voting?

r3n
Fri, 04-02-2004, 10:51 AM
lol ive not submitted mine yet!

i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif still a bit of time left. my sig looks crappy, but im pleased with my wallpaper and av so far.

cant wait to see what every1 else has come up with.

and thx LCD for overseeing and setting up the competition!

lasaire
Fri, 04-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Also, many many thanks to the great, wise and powerful littlecooldude for being the most epic overseer EVER. We thank you eternally. well, at least i do.

Hear ye, hear ye! AMEN! Many thanks to LCD.

Mine's done, and I'm pretty pleased with it. Good luck all four of us!

PaD
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:25 PM
When does this start?

Gods_Son
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Try reading the first post in thread.

r3n
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:48 PM
k submitted mine now. i actually had to redo my sig cos it was so bad. im pleased with what ive come up with, also had to take some stuff out of the wallpaper cos i thought it was getting too crampt. i like my stuff nice nd simple i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. neway hope ppl like what ive made and if not, go lasaire! lol

littlecooldude
Fri, 04-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Final Voting!
All the sigs are in, and its time to select some winners
http://www.littlecooldude.com/sigX/
The voting shall be held until Monday evening.

You can only vote for one person, and placing will be determined by comparing the number of votes for lasaire against r3n, and the number of voted for AlbinoFury against Kagari.

PaD
Fri, 04-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Heh, since it's over today I guess I won't be able to post mine ;P
Is there a new Sig competition starting soon?
*Edit*
Kagari holy SHIT.
That's friggin beautiful, and the 500 × 150 is fucking nice!!
Even tho I was a protoss/terran player, I love this !

Vagabond
Fri, 04-02-2004, 06:23 PM
hm weird i can only vote once.

littlecooldude
Fri, 04-02-2004, 06:33 PM
Yeah, conder that your simply selecting the one you like the most, but the ranking will be based on who has more votes in each 'level'.

r3n
Fri, 04-02-2004, 06:52 PM
nice work guys. was expecting a bit betr from albinofury tho i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif not keen on what uve done, shame cos i like all ur other work. kagari, i like how uve done a character from starcraft, v interesting i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. lasaire as per usual has produced something wonderful, disapointed that uve jst used the same image for all 3 things. ohwell i spose ur keeping a running theme. i prefered to make 3 dif pieces rather than jst use 1 piece of art for all 3. still, good work every1 i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif the best man (or woman i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif) will win!

lasaire
Fri, 04-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Well, that was my understanding of how this round was supposed to run: "create a matching theme of sig, ava, and wall."

AlbinoFury
Fri, 04-02-2004, 07:38 PM
nice everyone! it is kinda weird that we are only able to vote for one overall and not one in each bracket i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif kinda diminishes the reason to have two brackets here.

as for r3n not liking my entry i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif sry, the wallpaper has alot of work into it though their are like no large fma pics out there so the picture of ed was from almost sig size quality had to do alot to make it look that clear. And the wooded trail background keep in mind started out as just a plain real life picture of a little trail somewhere in oregon i think, to get it to look like a painting like that was a new type of challenge for me i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i like to change up my style as much as possible only through that will you grow.

Lasaire i digged urs lots it seems that your sig style works even better when you have a bigger canvas.

Kagari i dig ur sigi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

r3n
Fri, 04-02-2004, 07:57 PM
mmm fair enuf, i had trouble finding any large pics of hisoka, as id jst deleted all my hxh eps b4 the competition started, jst my luck. at a 2nd glance i like ur sig the best albinofury, and i can see what u mean with the wallpaper, still prefer ur others tho i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. and lasaires i still think its boring doing the same piece of art for wallpaper sig and ava, but i still think ur wallpaper is beautiful i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

littlecooldude
Fri, 04-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Neh, I suppose if you really want me to, I can split up the voting, into two brackets, but we have to start the voting over.

r3n
Fri, 04-02-2004, 08:14 PM
not bothered, the votes are getting spread quite evenly last time i checked so i dont think its like, ppl are only voting for 1st and 2nd place, or whatever. up to you tho i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

L8r
Fri, 04-02-2004, 08:58 PM
i thought that we where gonna vote 2 time, first for the 3 place and then for the 1 and 2 place...but no matter.

really liked your stuff r3n really nice

EDIT:

Originally posted by: AlbinoFury
id say only split it if its troublesome if the vote gap gets too big and indicates that too many people are voting for 3rd 4th and then finding they cant vote for kagari or i, or vice versa :0

thats what i did i voted for the 3 palce first and then saw taht i couldnt vote for 1 and 2 place

AlbinoFury
Fri, 04-02-2004, 09:07 PM
id say only split it if its troublesome if the vote gap gets too big and indicates that too many people are voting for 3rd 4th and then finding they cant vote for kagari or i, or vice versa :0

Kagari
Fri, 04-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Well, i think that the problem with the system is that many of the people are just going to the page and not reading these threads.
people tend to look at the first bracket, vote, and then the second bracket, and vote again. They only realize you can vote for only one bracket after it is too late...if it's very troublesome to split it up, then i guess it's ok, but if possible i would vote for re-opening the polls.

r3n and lasaire have SO many more hits than me and albino, probably for this same reason. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

AlbinoFury
Fri, 04-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by: Kagari
Well, i think that the problem with the system is that many of the people are just going to the page and not reading these threads.
people tend to look at the first bracket, vote, and then the second bracket, and vote again. They only realize you can vote for only one bracket after it is too late...if it's very troublesome to split it up, then i guess it's ok, but if possible i would vote for re-opening the polls.

r3n and lasaire have SO many more hits than me and albino, probably for this same reason. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

as the night goes on im tending to agree

Assertn
Fri, 04-02-2004, 10:28 PM
<testimonial>wow, i completely overlooked that fact...i treated the 4 entries as if they all were in the finals</testimonial>

animeniac
Fri, 04-02-2004, 10:50 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gifAw i thought we could vote once in each division, so i voted for 3rd and 4th first. But oh well i actually enjoyed r3ns over all else so it doesnt matter much. I expected alot more from Kagari and Albinofury but still good. Btw r3n i love ur sig!

Gods_Son
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:05 AM
I thought all the sigs were good, and I liked AlbinoFury's the best actually. What more did you expect out of them animeniac.

littlecooldude
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:56 AM
It should be a little less confusing now. I'm sorry it is kinda wierd, but it would have been a lot more coding otherwise, and I simply didn't have the time.

AlbinoFury
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:29 AM
couldnt you have just formated them as seperate round dividers? like how the previous rounds are seperated, cause right now the 1st second vote is gonna be skewed. I mean the original intention was 2 have 2 direct showdowns not this overall hobgod of 2 brackets fused at the hip i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Kagari
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:35 AM
LOL hobgob....unfourtunately, even though I truly appreciate LCD's help (and I know beggars can't be choosers) it is kinda messed up...

itachi_
Sat, 04-03-2004, 04:16 AM
I could vote for two, one in each bracket, Lasaire and Kagari... what issues do you have?

r3n
Sat, 04-03-2004, 05:49 AM
thx animeniac and l8r. i checked the votes again this morning and i can see what ppl mean about every1 voting for 3rd and 4th place and not for 1st and 2nd. so it might be betr to restart the voting, with 2 separate votes allowed.

Thi3f
Sat, 04-03-2004, 06:15 AM

PaD
Sat, 04-03-2004, 06:29 AM
w0w
I think the AlbinoFury wallpaper was great, how did you 'paint' that landskape? You mind sharing some tricks ? ^_^

itachi_
Sat, 04-03-2004, 06:31 AM
You guys, you should've picked someone from Kenshin OVA, that would've rocked.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

littlecooldude
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Alright guys and gals. Sorry for all the trouble, but I only had 15 minutes to code that first vote page. I've split it up into the final round, and the runner-up.
http://www.littlecooldude.com/sigX/
The voting has been reset, now you can vote in both categories. The voting will end Tuesday. I hope this helps ^_^
Once again, Gommen for all the trouble.

lasaire
Sat, 04-03-2004, 02:31 PM
thanks LCD!

Kagari
Sat, 04-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks LCD, even though it was bit more work, I think everyone agrees it will work better this way. Once again, many, many thanks.

r3n
Mon, 04-05-2004, 06:48 AM
yeah thx, i was away for the weekend so only jst got back i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif think its betr this way tho i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

how long is this voting going on for, sheesh i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

littlecooldude
Tue, 04-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Well that's the end of the competition!
The ranking goes as follows:

1st Place: Kagari
2nd Place: AlbinoFury
3rd Place: lasaire and r3n

That's right, there was a tie for 3rd place. ^_^
I would like to thank everyone who participated, it was a lot of fun.
I will leave all the entries up on my webpage at: http://www.littlecooldude.com/sigX/
Congratulations to those who won!

r3n
Tue, 04-06-2004, 08:11 PM
lol @ the tie, congrats lasaire, and kagari + albinofury for getting gold and silver

well. that was fun, who's up for another 1?

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

AlbinoFury
Tue, 04-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Recount! i call for a recount! i kid i kid.

another sounds good r3n but how bout a break for a week or two first, so we can get a breather and come up with some original ideas for new rounds etc.

lasaire
Tue, 04-06-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm up for another one, but at least a two week breather, please!

And this time, let's have just one round, winner takes all. So many rounds was exhausting.

Kagari
Tue, 04-06-2004, 10:44 PM
i/expressions/beer.gif cheers to all participants, it was fun! Perhaps I should get a parade. a big, golden parade. the rest of you can all have a float in my parade, but I get the last float. and I will have clowns. and scottish bagpipes. and ramen. and everyone shall rejoice. hurrah!

r3n
Wed, 04-07-2004, 07:03 AM
or not i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

itachi_
Wed, 04-07-2004, 02:22 PM
We can make Kenshin TV and OVA sigs i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif why not?

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 04-07-2004, 03:04 PM
thats a pretty good idea

littlecooldude
Wed, 04-07-2004, 05:20 PM
I totally agree with the one round idea

lasaire
Wed, 04-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Poor lcd, you must be exhausted doing all the work.

We definately need a month off.

AlbinoFury
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:08 PM
bah i dont like kenshin, call me weird just too old timey for me. it does have its cool scenes but beyond that not a fan, the tv show sucked btw.

hiddenpookie
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:12 PM
congrats guys veri nice work keep it up ^_^

itachi_
Thu, 04-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Yeah but albino, I bet 90 % of all anime-people like Kenshin, you're odd i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Kenshin sigs would rule, specially OVA sigs

r3n
Thu, 04-08-2004, 09:32 AM
was lookin for kenshin a while back, and found 2 torrents on supr for series 1 and 2 but the trackers dont work for me.

itachi_
Thu, 04-08-2004, 10:10 AM
There are many people on DC++ that has them.... I got everything from there, though you should watch OVA first, I got kinda off topic but, as said, kenshin sigs would be great.

lasaire
Thu, 04-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Perhaps we should let Kagari decide the next round's topic, he was the winner after all.

r3n
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:27 PM
thats true, if any1 it should be kagari or LCD.

should be character specific tho

AlbinoFury
Thu, 04-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by: itachi_
Yeah but albino, I bet 90 % of all anime-people like Kenshin, you're odd i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Kenshin sigs would rule, specially OVA sigs

I only make sigs over subject matter that I enjoy though, so if its kenshin thats fine and good, i just probably won't participate i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

r3n
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:35 PM
think we should keep it to naruto, as its only 1 round and probably character specific. that way every1 knows who were talking about, cos i havent seen any kenshin and im sure a lot of other naruto fans on these forums havent either. but if the demand is great enuf mebe the competition subject matter can spawn out into different anime over time

Kagari
Sat, 04-10-2004, 03:48 PM
yeah, I don't watch kenshin, and since this is a naruto forum I think NAruto chars would be best....so will I seriously get to choose the character? Hrm....

Assertn
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:13 PM
hopefully i'll be able to join ya guys this month....the projects are startin to pick up quite a bit.....but bah....classes are pointless anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

r3n
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:12 PM
make sure u pick zaku or orochimaru kagari!

Mut
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:16 PM
i did not like kenshin. except that one where it's drawn really nice (not the 90+ episode)...i don't know what that is called though.

Kagari
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:20 AM
well, I've got my choices narrowed down to Dosu, Kankuro, Jiraiya or Shino.....any votes or suggestions/reasons?

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:30 AM
a jiraiya sig would be awsome, if not the a shino one would be kewl to

lasaire
Sun, 04-11-2004, 03:02 AM
Jiraiya or Shino, for sure.

Assertn
Sun, 04-11-2004, 03:10 AM
yeah....just make sure to pick one that wouldnt be too difficult to get good images of

r3n
Sun, 04-11-2004, 05:16 AM
DOSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres are loads of cool pics of him, every1 has sigs of jiriaya already so thats boring i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif and we can do shino the round after

itachi_
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:08 PM
Yeah but in the future if Itachi appears we can do a Itachi sig contest, right now there are only fanart pictures out....

Assertn
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:59 PM
haha you sure? i think dosu would be the hardest to find pics of

Kagari
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Bah, no itatchi sigs yet...i hate seeing his face in the forum, I'm not technically supposed to know what he looks like...i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:54 AM
even though there's not supposed to be spoilers in the fanart section.....i dont think the mods have been takin it very strict.....ive seen tons of villian pics and other things of the like that could definitely violate an innocent anime fan's mind

dbz_kidnaruto
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:10 PM
This one is not mine. lol
I just wanted to know if one of u guys could make one for me??

If not its ok lol

r3n
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:28 PM
theres a thread for sig requests, if u asked there im sure 1 of the usuals wud be happy to help. jst remember to supply links to the images u want used.

animeniac
Mon, 04-26-2004, 05:23 PM
When will the next fanart contest be held?

Kagari
Mon, 04-26-2004, 07:40 PM
good question.....im done school friday, so I can be free anytime next week and on.

Assertn
Mon, 04-26-2004, 08:37 PM
yes well while you're done friday, final exams will be comin up for the rest of us i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

itachi_
Tue, 04-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Hmm maybe I can join the contest too, or do I have to have überskillz?

r3n
Tue, 04-27-2004, 02:01 PM
lol, well from ur sig atm, id say you could easily put an entry in and not worry about coming last i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif