PDA

View Full Version : New rules!

Ciber
Wed, 03-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Starting today, we will start a "Official Naruto XX Discussion!" Thread every week when Naruto sub is released. There will no longer be a 24 hour rule.

Users CANNOT start the official thread, only mods or admins.

There will be no spoilers *PAST* that episode in that thread, if it hasn't happened in the anime then don't mention it.

So you will be able to discuss that episode and anything that has happened before it. We will label the thread properly so people that have not seen the episode yet know to stay away from it.

*** The thread will be started the minute a subbed version of naruto is out. Only discuss Naruto itself in it, any posts arguing about Anbu|Aone, Bakasan or whoever else will be deleted and you will get yourself a vacation.

ONLY DISCUSS NARUTO IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS.

There will also be a thread just like the one described above with the same rules etc, but for the Manga, in the Manga section.

That is all for now.

Jman
Wed, 03-24-2004, 03:26 PM
this is fair solution.
no more 24hr rule.
it's all good then.

Everon
Wed, 03-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Edit: I misunderstood what Ciber was talking about. So ignore my stupid self and this post
||
V

Oh can we have a Naruto RAW discussion forum too, and maybe a Naruto Fashion discussion one as well.

Sorry about the sarcasm, it just seems like have four forums is gonna become more of a hassle than a good solution. Why can't we just use the normal naruto forum. I think its pretty much understood that if you click on a "NARUTO EP75 **spoilers**" forum post you should know what to expect.

Uberbaka
Wed, 03-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Uh, they're just making official threads, not a new forum/sub-forum...

Kagari
Wed, 03-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Everon, I think you mis-understood. There will be a thread made as soon as the new eps are aired, and for that reason people can go in there and begin discussion ASAP.

REMEMBER kids, if you haven't watched the episode yet, DO NOT go in the thread!! (Unless you wanna get spoiled) i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

r3n
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:34 PM
why cant the thread start when the first sub is out, rather than jst the ANBU one i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Nara Shikamaru
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:59 PM
i like this!

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 03-24-2004, 05:04 PM
I must say i think this is a good idea i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

itachi_
Wed, 03-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Roger!, I think it's good.. because you really wanna discuss it right after the episode has been released, when your memory is clear.. and I mean, I always get it on release, and in a few minutes.

Ciber
Wed, 03-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by: r3n
why cant the thread start when the first sub is out, rather than jst the ANBU one i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Updated, that will now be allowed.

itachi_
Wed, 03-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Can you do the same with the manga?? only mods can start 'em etc.

Nara Shikamaru
Wed, 03-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by: Ciber

Originally posted by: r3n

Updated, that will now be allowed.

yes! i like this even more!

Everon
Wed, 03-24-2004, 05:44 PM
Ok I guess I misunderstood.

Naruto
Wed, 03-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster
this is fair solution.
no more 24hr rule.
it's all good then.

yeah and im jounin now
<---- ^_____^

BurnHavoc
Wed, 03-24-2004, 06:39 PM
Postcounts are not an indicator of social status. They indicate your ability to spam in large ammounts.

Honestly, the idea that you get "ranks" for higher postcounts is absurdity and simply an encouragment TO spam in the first place.

Ranks as such, IMO, should be gained through a combination of active posting and time in the community. ie. a persons is marked as being an active (as in at least 10 posts a week) for 4 weeks, they go up a rank, next rank is 8 weeks, next rank 16 weeks, next rank 32 weeks, final rank at 64 weeks.

Of course, no one ever listens to Burn.

Kagari
Wed, 03-24-2004, 07:38 PM
yeah, opening the discussion thread should be for the first released sub, not RAW.

Black Knight
Wed, 03-24-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by: BurnHavoc
Postcounts are not an indicator of social status. They indicate your ability to spam in large ammounts.

Honestly, the idea that you get "ranks" for higher postcounts is absurity and simply an encouragment TO spam in the first place.

Ranks as such, IMO, should be gained through a combination of active posting and time in the community. ie. a persons is marked as being an active (as in at least 10 posts a week) for 4 weeks, they go up a rank, next rank is 8 weeks, next rank 16 weeks, next rank 32 weeks, final rank at 64 weeks.

making sense and using proper grammar doesnt make your post any less spammy. stay on topic.

how long until we can start discussing outside of the thread?

BurnHavoc
Wed, 03-24-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by: Black Knight
making sense and using proper grammar doesnt make your post any less spammy. stay on topic.

how long until we can start discussing outside of the thread?

*/me slams head on desk* I was trying to make a point... but... bah, it's not worth it. I'm wasting my time trying to make a point in these forums.

To answer your question, the second a subbed version comes out, one of the mods will create a thread for discussion. Any sub mind you, which I don't see out ATM checking most torrent portals.

Toruxxx
Wed, 03-24-2004, 08:46 PM
i like this rule alot and the manga one just have to wait till 76 comes out now ^_^

ZakuHan
Wed, 03-24-2004, 08:58 PM
I like this rule update. And I like that Ciber's allowing flexibility about the Anbu/AonE rule, seemed to be a pretty strict one before. Thanks guys :)

~Chris

Assertn
Wed, 03-24-2004, 09:06 PM
good, i never did care much for the 24 hr policy

Krbadass
Wed, 03-24-2004, 10:57 PM
For clarification, we will not have a naruto fashion thread, that is far too stupid.

Black Knight
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:10 PM
i think you misunderstood my question burn. i meant when can we talk about the episode in other parts of the forum other than the thread we make.

BurnHavoc
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:37 PM
standard 24 hours is what I would have to put my word on. Gives time for people to download it. This is just to provide access to a Discussion thread as soon as a subbed version comes out that impatient people who WANT spoilers or people who have fast connection and have it DLed first off get to talk about it right away.

Forum-goer impatience won over previous judgment, but it's a step up from all the whining and bitching.

MisterBigs
Thu, 03-25-2004, 03:23 AM
Maybe the name of the thread should be something like "Official Naruto XX Discussion! - released by ????"and once Anbu puts out their release it could be renamed to "Official Naruto XX Discussion! - released by Anbu|Aone". This way anyone can know if A|A has released the episode or someone else without going in to the thread and getting spoiled.

r3n
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:44 PM
ok the bakasan sub of 76 is out, start the thread mods!

Kagari
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:25 PM
Roger that.

The_Fourth
Thu, 03-25-2004, 06:11 PM
I want to see how are things going to be with this new rules, it should be interesting.

SaSuKeRuLeS
Mon, 03-29-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by: BurnHavoc

Honestly, the idea that you get "ranks" for higher postcounts is absurdity and simply an encouragment TO spam in the first place.

that would be a great idea except for the fact that they could be spamming 24/7. whoo hooo this is my 200th post, sorry burn just had to say it.

Uchiha-Itachi
Fri, 04-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Another good suggestion...How about make 2 Threads every week to discuss the episode.. 1 for the immature laming kids so they can whine/flame/cry their ass of and 1 for the serious Naruto fans where they can discuss the ep nice and mature, like it should be. And ppl that still whine/flame/cry in the "serious" thread should get a warning or ban?

L8r
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:30 PM
why isnt this on the first page?
problem with sitcky?

(bumps it to first page)

lasaire
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:46 PM
The new official discussion threads are well-labeled, anyone who goes in before they've watched it and wines about spoilers deserves what they got. Haven't watched the ep yet? Don't go into the thread.

KakashiSensei
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:40 AM
i whole heartedly agree with you lasaire. I made this sticky...sort of. to stay at the top of the list. if they dont read its thier own damn fault.

Shinegami
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:15 PM
NICE!!!!!...Finally I can go into a thread that is about the Episode put my piece in and not have to go into another thread and here the cluster-F*ucks talking about things and asking questions that were answered in the Episode Thread. My God I think this will finally orgnize all Naruot Fan's into not asking the same crap over and over..

Mut
Wed, 04-14-2004, 12:58 AM
sorry, but i didn't read the whole thread so what i'm posting might have already been said. anyway, here is a rule that should be enforced:

NO THREADS QUESTIONING EPISODE XX RELEASE DATE ALLOWED

the 30 episode 78 related threads around inspired me to post this.

bitwar
Wed, 04-14-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
sorry, but i didn't read the whole thread so what i'm posting might have already been said. anyway, here is a rule that should be enforced:

NO THREADS QUESTIONING EPISODE XX RELEASE DATE ALLOWED

the 30 episode 78 related threads around inspired me to post this.

I second the motion.

L8r
Mon, 04-19-2004, 11:46 AM
again... what are the RULES topic do on page 3?
cant really blame the noobs for not reading some of the rules if the RULES topic is on page 3

i think this new forum has problem with the sticky....

sorry if you think i spam the rules topic... but i just think thta they should be on the first page

Mut
Fri, 05-21-2004, 07:17 PM
bump

Rek
Fri, 05-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by: Krbadass
For clarification, we will not have a naruto fashion thread, that is far too stupid.

why not, eh? Why the hell was sasuke wearing black before his family died?

btw, I'm just kidding.

--bump

L8r
Fri, 06-18-2004, 12:04 AM
STICKY!!!!!!

bump http://www.bakakage.com/html/emoticons/bump.gif

Garlannd
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:27 AM
You need to make a sticky of this or one that can't be replied to and sticky the rules. That way it'll always be at the top for newcomers to read.

Board of Command
Sat, 10-16-2004, 02:16 PM
What exactly is the 24h rule?

jing
Sat, 10-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Before the new rule was created, one could only discusss the episode after 24hs have passed. People don't read rules, so it was all mega spoilage back then.

Assertn
Sat, 10-16-2004, 04:55 PM
why was this brought back up?

Deblas
Sat, 10-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Okay Ciber

animefreak
Mon, 10-25-2004, 06:18 PM
so, you're saying that's we can't talk about that same old episode if its past 24 hours? Let's say episode 105 is out and we must talk about it within 24 hours and that's set?

Assassin
Mon, 10-25-2004, 11:58 PM
err...im guessing english isn't ur native tounge?

the OLD rule (key word = old) was that u had to wait 24 hrs before u could talk about an ep. after 24 hr, u couldtalk for the next 3 months, and no one would care.

but now its not like that. soon as an ep is released, regardless of group, u can start talking.

hope that clears thigns up

animefreak
Tue, 10-26-2004, 07:52 PM
actually i was talking about old episodes like episode 4, 6, or 8, you know like decades ago. Well, i duno if English is my main language or not. I started to learned english when i was five but yet i do have problems with some english grammer and stuff. My bad, i just read the post again and realize the rules, i guess i read too fasts and misplaces the idea.

Assertn
Wed, 10-27-2004, 12:39 AM
maybe i should just avoid confusion by confirming that no, these rules are outdated and that board of command and animefreak are bakas for bumping this topic back up to the front page

to avoid further problems, im just gonna lock this thread