PDA

View Full Version : cant d/l anything from torrent section

matoriv
Tue, 03-23-2004, 08:05 PM
hi all.
i cant seem to d/l anything from e torrent section..
all e links will just direct me to e homepage..

anyone facing e same prob?
reinstallrf my BT no use..
using Shadow expt BT..

and incidently
are e pics to e homepage broken links??
all e pics i get are x...
cant view em.. cleared cache but still e same..

also e gun grave 22 bt file naming is different..
is dat intentional??
e rest of e gungrave has a _-_XX
but 22 has just _22 ... not "-_"

Wilik
Tue, 03-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Everything works fine for me..

matoriv
Tue, 03-23-2004, 08:40 PM
thanks for your help!
its so helpful!

anyone can help??

NewGuyinTown
Tue, 03-23-2004, 09:27 PM
right click on the link and save target as. Then open the file .torrent and it should work.

matoriv
Tue, 03-23-2004, 09:36 PM
nope nadah..
tried dat also..didnt work..
for some weird reason..
all e torrents i try to save end up saved as html files..
can email e torrent??
matoriv@hotmail.com

matoriv
Tue, 03-23-2004, 09:43 PM
argh...
nothing seems to work..

tried shadow, shareaza...

all my other torrents work cept for this particular site' ones..

Y??
YY???Y
Y?Y??Y

Wilik
Tue, 03-23-2004, 10:38 PM
http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents.php
If you do not click the link from that page you will be UNABLE to download the file. This was done due to sites direct linking the torrents from our site on thier site.

matoriv
Wed, 03-24-2004, 12:48 AM
well duh..
i have being d/ling from e page since i started naruto and gungrave..

i just formatted my com!
and now i cant even go e damn torrent section!
takes forever load...
being 5 mins and e torrents page is still loading...

matoriv
Wed, 03-24-2004, 12:50 AM
wonderful..

it finally loaded..
whoope
but damn...
click on any of e torrent links and it just redirects me to e homepage
try to save any link and it says e file cant be found..

Lurker501
Wed, 03-24-2004, 01:14 AM
I'm having trouble also. When I right click and select, save as... it wants to save an html file called gotwoot.

I tried renaming but it didn't work. I edited the file and found that it truely is an html document. It is not saving the .torrent file.

Ciber
Wed, 03-24-2004, 01:43 AM
Just click the link and it should load up BT... I just tried a couple of the links and they all started up BT for me.

Wilik
Wed, 03-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Torrent files can no longer be saved by right clicking. If you are getting redirect issues I need you to be more specific about whats going on. I.E. The webpage you are clicking the link from. If you are clicking on the link from any page OTHER then http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents.php it will not work and you will be redirected to the main page.

Lurker501
Wed, 03-24-2004, 02:21 AM
I've always had to right click and save the .torrent file for it to work for me. When I just click on the link (any .torrent link, not just gotwoot's) I get an error something like this...

ERROR (12:14AM)-
problem getting response info - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Documents and Settin

I can't see the rest of the error message because it scrolls off the right of the small window. And if I try expanding the window, the message goes away.

Ciber
Wed, 03-24-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by: Lurker501
I've always had to right click and save the .torrent file for it to work for me. When I just click on the link (any .torrent link, not just gotwoot's) I get an error something like this...

problem getting response info - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Documents and Settin

I can't see the rest of the error message because it scrolls off the right of the small window. And if I try expanding the window, the message goes away.

You need to update your client, that's an old bug.

matoriv
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by: Wilik
Torrent files can no longer be saved by right clicking. If you are getting redirect issues I need you to be more specific about whats going on. I.E. The webpage you are clicking the link from. If you are clicking on the link from any page OTHER then http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents.php it will not work and you will be redirected to the main page.

hello~!
i already said i am clicking on dat page!
the HTTP://WWW.GOTWOOT.NET/TORRENTS.PHP
and i get REDIRECTED to the main page!!!

i didnt rite click to save!
i just normal left click to start e BT program as i have always done before..
perhaps there something with wrong your codes?
ever tot about dat?
seems like i aint e only one getting this prob..

when did e site became just a redirecting site..

matoriv
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by: Wilik

and 1 more thing
where else besides dat page can u d/l e BT anyway?

as far as i know,
i have always d/led from dat torrent page..

e only time i d/l from e series page is when u all go and put 3 copies of naruto 66-67 and made me initially think i could neva get it cuz for 3 days bt didnt seem to get it..
only later i found out there were actually 3 versions of e BT!
and i had to go to e series page to get e correct one!

Lurker501
Wed, 03-24-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by: Ciber

Originally posted by: Lurker501

You need to update your client, that's an old bug.

Ciber, I'm using the Shadow client and it's version S-5.8.11 As far as I can tell that's the latest "stable" version of the client.

Ok, I found my problem. This is according to the Shadow's client site...
"This is a bug with Internet Explorer's cache handling. Clearing your cache will help... Alternatively, right-click the torrent link, select "Save Target as" and then double-click the .torrent file you download"

Well since we can't do the save as anymore here, I'm gonna have to keep clearing my IE cache.

Quick question, why was it decided to not allow the save as anymore?

zid_tidus
Wed, 03-24-2004, 08:09 PM
same problem... when redirected to home page some parts of page won't load smae with some pics. but i noticed one thing the words on the right in the center of the page...

Server Status:
Down

iono

NewGuyinTown
Wed, 03-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Did you do everything said above?
It should work after you delete all your temporary files (in tools, internet options).

[edit] BTW: Do not 'SAVE TARGET AS' when you gonna dl torrents off from this site.

Wilik
Wed, 03-24-2004, 09:03 PM
We keep a log of all the people that are redirected, all the ips in your ip range Matroiv have been redirect due to attempting to download the torrent files from another page other then our site.

BurnHavoc
Wed, 03-24-2004, 09:29 PM
That error you mentioned happens when your Temp Internet Files is overloaded. Clear it out (in IE goto Tools->Internet Options and on the first tab theres a section "Temporary Internet Files", click Delete files... under that. When it's done deleting you should be able to get the torrents fine.

zid_tidus
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Yea i did clear it up but it still doesn't work

matoriv
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:34 AM
basically we aint stupid!

i cleared my temp file cache
delete,reinstalled e BT client
tried different browsers (IE and mozilla)
hell!
i even formatted my computer!
still cant d/l torrents off e torrents page

and looks 3 of us are affected..
i wonder how many more will be affected?

since when was this re directing thing implemented? (and watever for???)
and into which page??
its obviously gotten into e torrent page too..
otherwise how would some of us keep get redirected!

i just wanna get e torrents to enjoy e shows
u all are doing a great job for gun grave and naruto
i really appreciate it.
but wat's e use if people cant get to view em?

Wilik
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:52 AM
Should be fixed, if you keep getting an error I dunno what to tell you..

matoriv
Thu, 03-25-2004, 10:03 AM
yes it does!
finally!

thank you veri much!!

wat was e prob??
was it on my side?
didnt do anything..