PDA

View Full Version : Question about the necklase of tsunade!

Saruto
Tue, 03-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Hey!...I was wondering if naruto still have the necklase that tsunade gave him!!...and if that necklase have sort of power!!
thx"

Death BOO Z
Tue, 03-23-2004, 06:35 PM
god...

A. Naruto probably still has the necklese, he hadn't removed it so far, but since he wears the awfull orange jacket, we don't see it...

B. the necklese doesn't have any 'power' in the meaning of 'give this necklese to X and watch him die', but in a more general way of 'only those who will become hokages wear this necklese without getting killed', well, at least so far... (not including the 1st, who is dead, but for completly unreleated reasons).

khaodessy
Tue, 03-23-2004, 08:17 PM
ya i have to agree with death boo z. that necklace seem to only ecnoledge hokage worthy canidates

XForce
Tue, 03-23-2004, 08:48 PM
That necklace is given to the people she really loved/cared about (her younger brother and boyfriend), it is like a keepsake. It just so happened that Naruto and the aforementioned guys wanted to be Hokage, but thats also one of the reasons why she gave it to Naruto, because he shares the same dream as her brother and boyfriend

Saruto
Tue, 03-23-2004, 08:59 PM
ok but i thinks in the manga i saw the necklesse fall and naruto didnt know..

chaos4ever4
Tue, 03-23-2004, 10:15 PM
chapter, plz.

jonny-mt
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:44 AM
Sorry, I don't have the manga on hand or I'd give you the chapter. Probably 190s or so....

I believe the necklace does have some powers, as we see Tsunade clasped her hand around it during the start of the Sannin fight and (apparently) pulled some Chakra or energy out of it...it may function something like the seal on her forehead, storing up extra Chakra so you can access it when you really need it. I know Naruto only really got excited about it when Jiraiya told him how much it was worth (I think he said it could buy a mountain or two if I understood correctly).

Its real importance is more symbolic, but I don't think you could really say that it is the Official Marker of the Hokages or anything like that. Tsunade gave it to Naruto both because he mastered the Rasengan in a week and because she saw in him the spirit of her brother and lover; just after giving it to him, she talks about how he will be the inheiritor of their dreams.

Everon
Thu, 03-25-2004, 05:23 PM
They just mentioned that the necklace was "cursed" but i think it was implied that it was just a superstition.

PSJ
Thu, 03-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by: Everon
They just mentioned that the necklace was "cursed" but i think it was implied that it was just a superstition.

i believe the same

Xceleration
Thu, 03-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by: Saruto
ok but i thinks in the manga i saw the necklesse fall and naruto didnt know..

I think you saw wrong.

SideLabel
Sat, 03-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Pure sentimental value, unless the author decides to make something special out of it later.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 03-27-2004, 08:14 PM
It doesn't have power. But it is worth a great deal of money. either the crystal is valuable and/or its valuable just because its owned by the first and fifth hokage.

rockmanj
Sun, 03-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
god...

A. Naruto probably still has the necklese, he hadn't removed it so far, but since he wears the awfull orange jacket, we don't see it...

B. the necklese doesn't have any 'power' in the meaning of 'give this necklese to X and watch him die', but in a more general way of 'only those who will become hokages wear this necklese without getting killed', well, at least so far... (not including the 1st, who is dead, but for completly unreleated reasons).

the jacket isnt that bad