PDA

View Full Version : Sigs are in again

Everon
Tue, 03-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Go to this Link (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=8753&enterthread =y) for rules about sigs.

Just posted this here cause most people go to here first (and they might think they can start using sigs again without those specific rules)

400 * 80 Max
If you have a sig, then you limit two lines of text

some other rules are there too, but they are about appropriate materials, which I assume everyone has sense about.

Nara Shikamaru
Tue, 03-23-2004, 05:38 PM
yay thank you for the info ^-^

Xollence
Wed, 03-24-2004, 05:35 PM
yay, too bad I can't use my old one.

Assertn
Wed, 03-24-2004, 10:40 PM
as well as the disturbing fact that they cant animate

BurnHavoc
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Animated sigs are

1) slightly bigger, the more "animated", the bigger it gets.
2) Annoying after the first two or three times seeing it.

Rather than scroll through a flashfest of moving pictures, it's easier and more end-user friendly to stick with size/demension restricted non-animated sig pictures.

If it were up to me there would be none at all, but lucky for you folks it's not up to me.

I see no valid reason for wanting a picture besides your avater except to look "cool". Want to look cool? go get a bunch of cool images and animated gifs, put them into one site, upload it all to some free webspace, and link it in your sig.

I'd rather read a few thoughtful quotes, song lyrics or funny jokes than someones precieved "badass sig pic!". At least the former dosn't stand out every time I scroll up and down a thread.

lasaire
Thu, 03-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Xollence, I can resize your old sig that I made for you. It won't be in the same aspect ratio but making it half the old size is very simple.

Assertn
Thu, 03-25-2004, 03:59 AM
a well done animated sig isnt the least bit annoying, and can still be done well within the size requirements if you know what you're doing. I usually make a small animation that lasts a second and then stays still for maybe 5 or so seconds.....but anybody who finds a name that fades once in a while or even a constant animation that FITS as a loop (i.e. a loop of a person walking) as annoying has issues. Sigs are meant to be unique and interesting, if people are limited by their means of expression, then whats the point?

itsgalf
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:41 AM
hmm, my old sig met the requirements anyways...so I'm not bothered

Inquisitor77
Thu, 03-25-2004, 10:51 AM
"Sigs are meant to be unique and interesting, if people are limited by their means of expression, then whats the point?"

That is by far the most consistent and coherent logical argument I have ever seen in my entire existence.

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

Poiple Weezard
Thu, 03-25-2004, 10:55 AM
I agree with BurnHavoc that animated sigs are more annoying and distracting than any other type. In fact, I dislike most animated images on the web, from little gifs to ad-banners, they are all freaking annoying.

NightShade
Thu, 03-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Bah animted sigs rox. well if your good with it :/ to bad i got to change it now *sighs*

Kagari
Thu, 03-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Everyone, no sense in arguing about the new rules...we got the cake, no need to eat it too.

We weren't supposed to have sigs at all, don't be greedy! Animation is not needed, let's be thankful for what we're given.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Wooooo! Sigs! Time to get my JoJo charas back.

lasaire
Thu, 03-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks for seconding me Kagari!

A little bit is better than nothing, let's make the most of it! NightShade, don't forget to change your sig in accordance to the rules by this time tomorrow morning or your sig will be deleted!

Assertn
Thu, 03-25-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by: Inquisitor77
"Sigs are meant to be unique and interesting, if people are limited by their means of expression, then whats the point?"

That is by far the most consistent and coherent logical argument I have ever seen in my entire existence.

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

wow, so like, do you just respond to a valid point with an opinion opposite of your own and then slap the all-purpose sarcastic tag at the end?
Cause, i fail to understand what makes my argument NOT consistent and coherent.

oh and welcome to the forums btw, im sure you'll contribute some extremely inspiring posts to our threads
yes, I was ALSO being sarcastic i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif