PDA

View Full Version : Orochimaru's sacrifices

HokageSama
Tue, 03-23-2004, 08:12 AM
well if Kin and Zaku were the two live sacrifices for the Summoning Dead spell, who was the third sacrifice?

i don't know if this was discussed before as a search turned up nothing.

i guess we will never know as it was not in the manga either.

SilentSnake
Tue, 03-23-2004, 08:21 AM
maybe someone else from sound village or maybe some "unlucky" random person. (veeery unlucky i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif )

jonny-mt
Tue, 03-23-2004, 08:50 AM
Hrm. Maybe he has one saved from a long time ago, way back in the day when he was just a little super-evil ninja? Thought he would stock up on Hokages while the getting was good?

itachi_
Tue, 03-23-2004, 10:06 AM
It was Dosu that was killed by Gaara

Icingdeath
Tue, 03-23-2004, 02:59 PM
It was Dosu that was killed by Gaara

I thought so too at first, but then I remebered that the jutsu required living humans as sacrifices (If the information told by the ANBU leader is true), and, sadly, Dosu was already dead, so it has to be some other "unlucky" sound ninja...

r3n
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:40 PM
probably 1 of the guys in kabuto's team. both lost to sasuke and kankuro.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 03-24-2004, 05:43 PM
I wonder if the Sabakusousou (desert funeral) leaves any trace of body, or soul, for that matter.
What seemed to me is that jutsu pulverizes everything and leaves no corpse at all.

ZakuHan
Wed, 03-24-2004, 09:29 PM
Desert Funeral smashes the body inside to nothing but blood and remains of skin. Gaara had transformed (fully?) into that sand monster we're all about to get a glimpse of (I'm guessing) fairly soon.. And obliterated Dosu. Poor guy. I think the desert funeral would have been better off :P

~Chris

Kakashi-Senpai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:27 AM
It totally smashes the person.

Raven
Thu, 03-25-2004, 08:27 AM
We'll never know who the third sacrifice was, just as we'll never TRULY know who the third summon was.

HokageSama
Thu, 03-25-2004, 09:46 AM
well it is pretty reasonable to assume that if he summoned the First and the Second Hokage, then the third summon might have been the Fourth Hokage.

If that was true, the Third would have had a tough time dealing with the Fourth if people wished the Fourth was here to fight against Orochimaru.

Then again, I could be wrong i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Haku no Fuyu
Thu, 03-25-2004, 03:24 PM
It's GLARINGLY OBVIOUS who it was. If he can summon Shodaime and Nidaime, why not Yondaime?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:29 PM
the truth is in the numbers...

Assertn
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by: ZakuHan
Desert Funeral smashes the body inside to nothing but blood and remains of skin. Gaara had transformed (fully?) into that sand monster we're all about to get a glimpse of (I'm guessing) fairly soon.. And obliterated Dosu. Poor guy. I think the desert funeral would have been better off i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

~Chris

yeah, but what about when gaara did the desert coffin in the flashbacks on yashamaru?
it didnt even look like he was bleeding or even scratched much from it, except for some on his face

lionheart1012000
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:51 PM
maybe gaara was just weaker at that time and couldnt control the sand full power? just a guess.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Wait isn't it desert coffin?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:59 PM
I believe Desert coffin just paralizes the guy.... desert funeral is what does him.
My theory that if pulverizes the victim once it is properly completed, comes from the fact that Rocky Lee's arm and leg were *almost* pulverized, since he didn't get to finish the move...

Knma The Monkey King
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Desert Coffin And Desert Funeral Arent They Basically 1 Move??

Rek
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:15 PM
2 different Jutsu's that he uses. The jutsu used against Yashamaru wasn't either it was just a blast of sand.

And desert Funeral just totally minces the body, and I guess it is part of his sand, remember how he was talking about "Bad Blood" and "I'm sorry Mom" I mean, the sand has to come from somewhere, and he loses alot. What I wanna see is whether or not the sand sheild works while he has his sand covering his body. I know he uses his sand to make the transformation, but he's not fully completed and there are vunerable parts. Its just an idea.

Krbadass
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:44 PM
who cares?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by: Knma The Monkey King
Desert Coffin And Desert Funeral Arent They Basically 1 Move??

Sabakukyu (desert coffin) paralizes the victim
Sabakusousou (desert fununeral) pulverizes it.
Two different jutsus. He has has others, such as the Suna shuriken, sand shuriken, and other jutsu when Shukaku gets lots of mouths and blows sand...that what I've seen and can remember.

Rek
Sun, 04-04-2004, 08:35 AM
Uhm, the Sand eye. The armor could be considered a jutsu. But mainly the sand eye.

What I wanna know is how masochistic is that kid? If I get one piece of sand in my eye I cry, and his entire eye is made of it. damn, that'd hafta be itchy

lionheart1012000
Sun, 04-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
Uhm, the Sand eye. The armor could be considered a jutsu. But mainly the sand eye.

What I wanna know is how masochistic is that kid? If I get one piece of sand in my eye I cry, and his entire eye is made of it. damn, that'd hafta be itchy

why do you think he has red eyes when he is like half transformed i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Rek
Sun, 04-04-2004, 12:37 PM
rotf... that makes so much sence!!!

But, can you imagine how weak Gaara would be without the sand demon and gourd? Holy Hell... I think we could have another Sakura on our hands...

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
rotf... that makes so much sence!!!

But, can you imagine how weak Gaara would be without the sand demon and gourd? Holy Hell... I think we could have another Sakura on our hands...

Make Sakura useful! Shove a Shukaku inside of her!!!
That's the prob with Sakura, she had loving parents...

And yeah, the sand eye... I forgot all about it. It kinda looks gross to me, though, a disembodied eye, hoovering around. And you're right. Even in this last anime episode, did you see how much sand around his eyes? Not to be affected by it must be a whole jutsu all in itself.

Mut
Sun, 04-04-2004, 03:06 PM
i hate gaara.

Assertn
Sun, 04-04-2004, 03:30 PM
what doesnt make sense to me, is how the desert coffin was the move that destroyed lee's arm and leg
wasnt that supposed to be desert funeral instead?

interesting how neji-aniki-sama managed to redirect this entire topic with just 1 spontaneously offtopic question i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Kagari
Sun, 04-04-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by: Krbadass
who cares?

lol

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-04-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
what doesnt make sense to me, is how the desert coffin was the move that destroyed lee's arm and leg
wasnt that supposed to be desert funeral instead?

interesting how neji-aniki-sama managed to redirect this entire topic with just 1 spontaneously offtopic question i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hey! *you* went right along with it!i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
And it wasn't a question, I was just wondering, and it was on topic, since peeps were talking about Dosu...
Then again, I totally agree. This would be better off in the Limits of Desert Coffin thread, which btw covers a diameter of 54.3 sq.ft, unlike you stated there. And the move that did Lee is called Desert wake.
kukukukuku
Back on topic. I agree with whomever said that the third guy was that Yoroi fellow, who got ponded by Sasuke. Will check with Kishimoto once more, though. Yeah, where do you think I came up with that desert coffin stat from???

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-04-2004, 05:08 PM
sorry about that...

Rek
Sun, 04-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Uhm... it didn't entirely ruin his leg... he still walks right?

So I think that it just splintered the bones, not turn his hand and foot into mother food.

Anyone buy that?

Now, who thinks Rock Lee will return? And if any manga readers answer that question I will brutally massacre you with your own computer... (I'm just curious as to who thinks what)

Assertn
Sun, 04-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
This would be better off in the Limits of Desert Coffin thread, which btw covers a diameter of 54.3 sq.ft, unlike you stated there.

are you implying that the radius then is half of the length i had initially suggested? It wouldnt be sq.ft though, since diameter is only 1 dimension i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

the point i was making about the desert coffin used on lee (and gaara DID say sabakukyu) is that it was used to completely conceal the rain ninja, and the rain guy even said himself that it wasnt so bad, which is why i would assume that the coffin isnt actually for inflicting damage in itself, just for leading up to the funeral one

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-04-2004, 08:48 PM
[are you implying that the radius then is half of the length i had initially suggested? It wouldnt be sq.ft though, since diameter is only 1 dimension i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

the point i was making about the desert coffin used on lee (and gaara DID say sabakukyu) is that it was used to completely conceal the rain ninja, and the rain guy even said himself that it wasnt so bad, which is why i would assume that the coffin isnt actually for inflicting damage in itself, just for leading up to the funeral one

I am very bad at math, and somehow, having to translate it from Japanese didn't help
i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
I agree with you... what kills is the funeral, you can have a living guy in a coffin. Yeah, it's weird that he pulverized Lee's bones with a jutsu that supposedly just imobilizes... Can't think of a good explanation for that. I belive he also said Sabakukyu in the hospital, and the sand actually touched him, but didn't do any damage then.
Also, about good explanations and Gaara, and since we're totally off topic, am I dense or didn't his mother die from his birth? Or was he just dreaming when we see his mother holding a sand baby????
That's another thing I didn't get.

Assertn
Sun, 04-04-2004, 09:21 PM
yeah she died at his birth......the sand thing was more of a symbollic vision kinda thing
sorta like indicating how the whole scene with the mother showing affection for the baby gaara was fake

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-04-2004, 09:51 PM
yeah she died at his birth......the sand thing was more of a symbollic vision kinda thing
sorta like indicating how the whole scene with the mother showing affection for the baby gaara was fake

Good. I was thinking I'd gotten totally stupid...