PDA

View Full Version : Personal Stereos! what do you use?

r3n
Mon, 03-22-2004, 05:38 PM
this (http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/hd_index.asp) just came thru the post.

already put 13gb of music onto it with more to come! its totally sweet! my friend has an ipod and he thinks this is is a lot betr, functions wise its easily superior, cheaper too, its personal preference as to which u prefer the look of. imo the ipod looks like a girly gadget!

so what have you got?

ad4mz41
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:22 PM
I use a cd player because mine can play mp3s. I just put about 300 songs on one disc and then just bring it around. Its more inexpensive than all that other hi-tech stuff too. But yeah it is kinda crummy, when yours plays about 13gigs worth of music my disc only hold 700MBs worth of music i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

r3n
Tue, 03-23-2004, 03:58 AM
mmm well actually, mine holds 20gb i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i only have 13gb of music tho! lol

A77ALiSTiC
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:39 AM
damn, those are pretty cool
congrats on getting it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
i was thinking of getting one myself... but all i can afford is about 160 US dollars... that will get me a 256mb mp3 player... i know its not much, but i dont really have that many songs that i would listen to... but still, it would be great to have one that supports 20gigs...
ofcourse, what would be cooler is that jukebox thingy.. plays avi and mpeg movies, and has 40gigs of space.. now that would be AMAZING!!

sangai
Wed, 03-24-2004, 12:39 PM
well after hearing that the ipod battery dies after 18 months and that you have to send it into apple for a new battery which cost like (150 bucks to replace)i dunno if it's worth it

personally i just use a cd player that plays mp3's or my pc to play music

r3n
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:15 PM
my friend has this (http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shopping/pages/buyarchosav320.html)

its damn sweet! now i can watch movies during classes and jst say im listening to music while i work i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Toruxxx
Wed, 03-24-2004, 08:52 PM
cough* rich bastard *cough lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif just kidding but i would love to have something like that and that thing ur friend has is very cool indeed.

r3n
Thu, 03-25-2004, 07:23 PM
think he got it for his combined Xmas and birthday, but hes loaded neway lol.

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 03-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Which was the one you got? The round one in the bottom right corner looks like one of those makeup things that foundation comes in i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

The other 3 look ok but they're a bit blocky for me...I like the screen on the headphone wire and the fact they're got a radio on them is pretty cool...thats the only advantage my old walkman had over my ipod as I couldn't listen to the football if I was out...

I've got an Ipod (not the brand new one but the one before that)...they're ok but too fragile...its not really loud enough for me (my CD player in my room is pretty much the standard in volume that I want...I like to listen to music loud...I think if mp3 players were that loud though they'd only last like 2 hours...)