PDA

View Full Version : neji's byakugan

ricefarmer
Mon, 03-22-2004, 03:12 PM
do you think that every byakugan weakness is the blind spot or is it just him? because i remember somwhere peopl saying the byakugan's weakness in general .. but im wondering is it just him becuase he seems to be practicing to get rid of it..

Death BOO Z
Mon, 03-22-2004, 03:33 PM
the kaiten spin was invented to cover that blind spot, and since Neji didn't invent the kaiten spin, then it's safe to say that the Byakougan's blind spot is shared by all of it's users, so each of them has to find the way to cover up for it himself.

case closed

PSJ
Mon, 03-22-2004, 04:26 PM
yea but the size of the blind spot can be smaller or bigger depending on how good you are with the byakugan.

Uberbaka
Mon, 03-22-2004, 05:08 PM
New meaning to the expression: "Cover your ass"

Haku no Fuyu
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:06 PM
That can be turned into so many jokes....

EpoC
Wed, 03-24-2004, 12:34 PM
If he's not careful, even he will become the victim of 1000 years of pain.

lasaire
Wed, 03-24-2004, 02:10 PM
I think that blind spot was to keep the Byakugan from being TOO all-powerful. I mean, come on, if there wasn't some weakness to the byakugan, nobody would EVER be able to touch one of the Hyuuga. They'd be too god-like, and Kishimoto-sensei is smart enough to know to avoid that.

PSJ
Wed, 03-24-2004, 02:25 PM
no all you need to beat a hyuga if they had 360 dgree vision is to be faster than they are. remember what Lee said "its no use if your body cant keep up with your eyes" or something like that, to sasuke when they were fighting the first time.

chaos4ever4
Wed, 03-24-2004, 06:08 PM
sharingan != byakugan

Assertn
Wed, 03-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by: chaos4ever4
sharingan != byakugan

but both share the qualities being able to see the opponents movements and such
the sharingan just doesnt "see" as well, however it can copy what it sees, among a few other random things

and the training neji was going through to try to see all those birds behind him and dissappointed that he missed one seems to me like he is capable of improving that....i.e. by decreasing the blind spot

SilentDevil
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Originally posted by: chaos4ever4
sharingan != byakugan

but both share the qualities being able to see the opponents movements and such
the sharingan just doesnt "see" as well, however it can copy what it sees, among a few other random things

and the training neji was going through to try to see all those birds behind him and dissappointed that he missed one seems to me like he is capable of improving that....i.e. by decreasing the blind spot

you are wrong by saying the sharingan doesnt "see" as well. im not saying that the sharingan can "see" better but, im saying, u cant compare the 2, simply because, they "see" different things. the sharingan will allow u to see through the user's jutsu, and also allow u to copy some of them.

the byakugan, however, doesnt allow u to do this, it allows u to see the 64 chakra points of the body, and also looking into far distance, last but not least, it has a NEARLY 360 degrees vision.

so simply put, they "see" different things, so u cant compare which "sees" better.
=D

khaodessy
Thu, 03-25-2004, 07:52 PM
in terms of seeing you have to admitting the byakugan is better because a person just have to be in front of you. you can hide from a sharingan user but its alot harder to hide from a byakugan user. i just wonder since neji has the most potiential out of the history of the clan how bad ass he will be once he started to create his own moves to his byakugan

Assertn
Thu, 03-25-2004, 11:06 PM
kakashi said himself that byakugan is better at insight than the sharingan....and it can see things that his sharingan cant see either, i.e. the tenketsu. If there isnt anything that the sharingan can see that the byakugan cant, then you CAN in fact compare the two..at least in terms of merely seeing

Legendary Nin
Fri, 03-26-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
kakashi said himself that byakugan is better at insight than the sharingan....and it can see things that his sharingan cant see either, i.e. the tenketsu. If there isnt anything that the sharingan can see that the byakugan cant, then you CAN in fact compare the two..at least in terms of merely seeing

Kakashi doesn't have Uchiha blood,so he isn't a true sharingan user like Itachi and Sasuke.Compare Itachi's sharingan to Kakashi's,Itachi blew Kakashi out of the water just by looking into Kakashi's sharingan which was far too weak to stand a chance againist Itachi's.Another thing.Why do you think Orochimaru wants the sharingan instead of the byakugan? Face it,Kakashi is very weak,he sets not standards.In the hands of a more power shinobi,the sharingan is better than the byakugan.

Assertn
Fri, 03-26-2004, 06:03 PM
even if itachi's is stronger, it doesnt mean that he can see MORE than kakashi can.....and im quite certain he cant see things behind him like byakugan users, or the tenketsu either....which is the point ive been tryin to make

as for why oro wants the sharingan instead of the byakugan....well thats because he isnt concerned about the insight....he wants to copy jutsus

lasaire
Fri, 03-26-2004, 06:39 PM
In the hands of a more power shinobi,the sharingan is better than the byakugan

Trying to compare the two is like comparing apples and oranges, as many people have already tried to state!

The byakugan and the sharingan are designed to do two completely different things, and as such neither is really 'stronger' than the other. The strength would depend on the INDIVIDUAL shinobi's strength. In much the same way, Neji is stronger than Hinata but we don't really have any way of comparing Neji's strength to Sasuke's.

Would Itachi beat Hyuga Hiashi? No way of knowing. Without having seen anything in cannon to give us a base to go by, we could debate this issue to death and never get anywhere.

Final answer: Neither the byakugan or the sharingan is 'stronger.'

spectre270
Sat, 03-27-2004, 09:50 PM
The weak spot opens the hyuga to experence loses to super fast characters and they aren't that fast to begin with that means Kakashi could be Neji uncle with ease and so could Gai.

lasaire
Sat, 03-27-2004, 11:30 PM
where are you getting your info?? Take a look at the manga page, where Hiashi gets a brief one-liner. "Do not forget; the Hyuuga are the strongest in the Leaf."

Speed is completely based on how hard the individual ninja trains. It's in muscle strength in the legs and quick reflexes, which the Hyuuga have proved themselves to have. I mean, to time the Kaiten, you have to start it JUST BEFORE the incoming projecticles hit you, not a second too late or your screwed.

Gods_Son
Sun, 03-28-2004, 01:09 AM
If just being fast was enough to beat a byakugan user, than there wouldn't be much a rivalry between Lee and Neiji. Lee even admits that the gentle fist style taijutsu is the best. Besides even within a certain bloodline there are different levels of skill, Hiashi could be the "itachi" of the hyuga clan. Just like lasaire said before, neither one is stronger than the other.