PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap! I never noticed this!

Aegis Runestone
Mon, 03-22-2004, 12:23 AM
Well, it's not really Pakkun, but if you watch up to 2:20 or around that time, you'll see Naruto lock his door. When he turns the key, it reveals a Pakkun keychain! o.o I never noticed that before.

Everon
Mon, 03-22-2004, 12:28 AM
Yeah its kinda weird ain't it.

Assertn
Mon, 03-22-2004, 01:49 AM
wow, thats a good eye you got there!
im not sure where the anime was when the anime started, but there's a good chance pakkun had already appeared in the manga by the time they got to episode 20, so they kinda snuck him in there

frexeze
Mon, 03-22-2004, 01:57 AM
lol interesting

Krbadass
Mon, 03-22-2004, 02:52 AM
Yeah i think he was supposed to be a mascot type thing.

Toruxxx
Mon, 03-22-2004, 09:56 AM
there so many weird stuff kishi has put in Naruto its cool tho the way he does it. in the manga there is a face of a dbz char in it but were not talking about the manga so ill stop there.

jonny-mt
Mon, 03-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Whoa! Really nice eye! I had an idea, so I went back and checked...turns out Pakkun is one of Kakashi's dogs all along. You can see him hanging off of Zabuza's...um, stomach.

I'm a big fan of all the self-references, like how Naruto's coin purse (shown for the first time after he meets Jiraiya) is shaped like a frog i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Mon, 03-22-2004, 12:32 PM
or the kakashi doll that naruto has in his room?

sangai
Mon, 03-22-2004, 12:52 PM
if i recall hes in episode 17 or 18 when kakashi uses's the dogs to attack zabuza hes hanging on to zabuza's neck scarf

and yeah i noticed the pakkun thing 2 month's ago

*kibakun*
Mon, 03-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Yeh I've also noticed that quite the while ago just i kind of forgot over time i was thinking about it when this topic came up and I was like oh YEEEEEEEEEEH. sorry im a little weird also ive noticed the kakshi doll and the frog thing. Im trying to think of something else ive also noticed but i cant bring it out right now, not exactly sure what it was.

Jeff_from_MD
Mon, 03-22-2004, 02:44 PM
can't you see what's going on? Pakkun's working the strings of Naruto and his village from behind the scenes, like puppets! He is the most powerful and influential figure in the world of naruto. He is EVERYWHERE, and he knows everything. It was HIM who stopped zabuza in his tracks, so cunning he is. Without Pakkun, Kakashi would be utterly helpless in carrying out missions. I bet Orochimaru wants to conquer the village of Konoha just so he can steal the pet dog for himself!

lionheart1012000
Mon, 03-22-2004, 04:22 PM
weird, i never noticed the pakkun chain thing.
eh...well...seems like someone is making some random character into a super powered god type...sheesh wasnt it enough with udon? i mean this is getting kinda boring already, even the udon thing. oh well guess thats just my opinion

Haku no Fuyu
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah, did ya notice that when Naruto signs his name, he turns the Hiragana for "to" into a spiral?

sangai
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:10 PM
yes i did

but thats really just to show that its his signiture, its really just to look artsy

True_strengh
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:32 PM
yea i noticed that a while ago

Originally posted by: Jeff_from_MD
can't you see what's going on? Pakkun's working the strings of Naruto and his village from behind the scenes, like puppets! He is the most powerful and influential figure in the world of naruto. He is EVERYWHERE, and he knows everything. It was HIM who stopped zabuza in his tracks, so cunning he is. Without Pakkun, Kakashi would be utterly helpless in carrying out missions. I bet Orochimaru wants to conquer the village of Konoha just so he can steal the pet dog for himself!

yea thats right damn that oro

Aegis Runestone
Tue, 03-23-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Wait, what episode is that? o.o

LoL, yeah I guess that makes sense... and what Udon stuff? O_o Man, am I missing everything, lol?

Naruto
Tue, 03-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by: Aegis Runestone
Well, it's not really Pakkun, but if you watch up to 2:20 or around that time, you'll see Naruto lock his door. When he turns the key, it reveals a Pakkun keychain! o.o I never noticed that before.

i noticed it before ... im a narutofreK v_v

Assertn
Wed, 03-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by: Aegis Runestone

Wait, what episode is that? o.o

i dont remember offhand....i believe it was the episode where naruto panics at the sight of the 2 mist chuunins, and then stabs his hand with a kunai while having flashbacks about training and stuff (the doll was in his flashback of doing sit ups)

i think i remember seeing the doll again later in the series, maybe when he was sleeping the day before the main matches

BakaShinji
Thu, 03-25-2004, 12:58 AM
fucking udon. who the hell would name their kid after a noodle?

anyways - naruto spirals cuz i thought naruto = maelstorm and everything he wears has a spiral. parallelellelelism.

Kakashi-Senpai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:07 AM
Woot! Pakkun is the best! I want a dog like himi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Haku no Fuyu
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:23 AM
Uzumaki = Naruto's last name
Uzumaki = Spiral

ohpeekaboo
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:33 AM
uh naruto spirals because of the food 'naruto' put in ramen in japan.. that's why naruto likes ramen so much...

Xollence
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:38 AM
haha how did you notice that?

sangai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 05:20 PM
for those intrested pakkun would be a pug (kakashi senpai) and they are pretty cool dogs

did anyone else notice all the doujutsus around oros place on the snakes head in the manga and then there on the currents in sasukes place

Aegis Runestone
Thu, 03-25-2004, 08:53 PM
Also, did you know that the hat that Oro is wearing in episode 26 or so has a tag on it which says "Evil" in Japanese? ^.^

Haku no Fuyu
Thu, 03-25-2004, 09:03 PM
Actually, Naruto is regional. Its named for the Naruto whirlpools.

Assertn
Thu, 03-25-2004, 09:37 PM
huh? no no, naruto means fishcake and uzumaki means swirl.....thus you have the fishcake swirl things that people put in ramen all the time

Sensei_Kakashi
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:39 AM
interesting conversation...
does anybody elses names mean anything????i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:09 AM
*all* names mean something. That's one of the coolest things how those Manga authors always come up with meaninful names. And a good reason to learn one word or two in Japanese, IMO.
Anyhow...Haku means white, Shikamaru has all these dealing with deers and Nara (city) is famous for deer, Kakashi means scarecrow and so on and so forth.
Go to bakasan, he has a link to a site called Paradise in Winter, with lots of name meanings, as well as many Japanese cultural traits that are in the anime.
Also, tons of Naruto sites with character bios have the meanings for the names...

huh? no no, naruto means fishcake and uzumaki means swirl.....thus you have the fishcake swirl things that people put in ramen all the time
I believe *both* of you guys are right...

Jman
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by: Sensei_Kakashi
interesting conversation...
does anybody elses names mean anything????i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Check this site (http://llamakillers.sunset.net/paradise/names.php) for more meaning of names. A lot of other interesting explanations there as well.

Also note the site does have spoilers so you go at your own risk.

EDIT: According to her site,

Uzumaki Naruto

Uzumaki means whirlpool.
Naruto means a few things... First, it's a name of Ramen topping. It's made from fish paste, and standard one is white and with pink whirlpool. Naruto also is a name of city in Japan. The current near this place is so rapid and have a few different ones merges. So, a natural water whirlpool are observed near city of Naruto.

Sidenote: If someone thinks the info is wrong go argue with the site owner not me. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Might not do you any good to argue though, she knows her stuff.

PaD
Mon, 03-29-2004, 05:44 PM
oh rofl..

frexeze
Mon, 03-29-2004, 07:10 PM
sakura means annoying ;p

Assertn
Mon, 03-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by: frexeze
sakura means annoying ;p

maybe to someone who's allergic to that type of flower i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 03-29-2004, 08:59 PM

Originally posted by: frexeze
sakura means annoying ;p

maybe to someone who's allergic to that type of flower i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

After watching her for a while, I'd say it can become a fast spreading allergy.

Haku no Fuyu
Mon, 03-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Sakura, Sakura
Yayoi no sora wa
Miwatasu kagiri
Kasumi ka kumoka
Nioizo izuru
Izaya izaya
Mi ni yu kan

*Remembers Childhood*
-
-
-
*Cries*

lionheart1012000
Tue, 03-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by: Haku no Fuyu
Sakura, Sakura
Yayoi no sora wa
Miwatasu kagiri
Kasumi ka kumoka
Nioizo izuru
Izaya izaya
Mi ni yu kan

*Remembers Childhood*
-
-
-
*Cries*

i dont know a lick of japanese...and even i remember that song. mostly because our band teacher in elementary school taught it to us...he never did say what it meant.

Haku no Fuyu
Tue, 03-30-2004, 12:18 AM
Its a song about Cherry blossoms.
My grandma used it as a lullaby when I was little. It's forever engraved on my forehead.

lionheart1012000
Tue, 03-30-2004, 12:22 AM
well i knew it was a song that had something to do with cherry blossoms. what i didnt know was what it meant...like uh...bleh i dont know how to explain it, my mind is completely messed up right now.

Mut
Tue, 03-30-2004, 12:47 AM
there are a lot of sharingan/curse seal symbols around also. well, in mangas, but i'm sure you guys will get to them soon...or later.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 03-30-2004, 02:02 AM
My grandma used it as a lullaby when I was little. It's forever engraved on my forehead.

you guys are making me cry...i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

jonny-mt
Wed, 03-31-2004, 08:06 AM

Speaking of which...I took this today (http://home.uchicago.edu/~jtapp/sakura.jpg). Might wanna download; it's a biggie.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic....

(Hey, Haku, be careful...might be a little overly natsukashii i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif)

Realized how much I hate looking at a Japanese sentence in romaji....