PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else sick of these frivolous lawsuits?

Ciber
Sun, 03-21-2004, 10:09 PM
All these idiots suing because of their own stupidity should be sent for execution by the judge when they show up with their moronic lawsuits.

That is all... I feel better now.

Munsu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Give the details please...

Jman
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:01 PM
It's about fast food.

The most ridiculous case I heard about was that fat kid who was 400lbs and because for years, he had a big mac, large milkshake and soda...Apparently his mom was suing McDonald's because they made her son fat. WTF kinda bullshit is that. No one forced him to eat fast food everyday. It's not McDonald's fault that her son had poir eating habits.

Anyways it's because of asshats like him that McSupersizes are to be phased out.

here's more from an article that was at cnn

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- Say goodbye to those supersized fries -- McDonald's is slimming down its menu.

The hamburger giant has started phasing out its trademark Supersize fries and drinks in its U.S. restaurants as part of an effort to simplify its menu and give customers choices that support a balanced lifestyle, a company spokesman said Tuesday.

By the end of 2004, Supersize will no longer be available at the nation's 13,000-plus McDonald's outlets except in certain promotions, McDonald's spokesman Walt Riker said.

The move comes as the world's largest restaurant company, and fast-food chains in general, are under growing public pressure to give consumers healthier food options in a nation that has suddenly become aware of its bulging waistline and the health dangers that come with it.

McDonald's added entree salads last year and has been moving to provide more fruit, vegetable and yogurt options with its Happy Meals. But the Oak Brook, Illinois-based company remains a magnet for public concerns -- and legal actions -- when it comes to obesity.

Riker said the changes started going into effect in January.

"This core menu, which has been under development since 2002, simplifies our menu and restaurant operations and provides a balance of choices for our customers," he said. "A component of this overall simplification, menu and balanced lifestyle strategy is the ongoing phase-out of the Supersize fry and the Supersize drink options."

The company did not immediately disclose other details of the menu changes.

Two lawsuits claiming McDonald's hid the health risks of eating Big Macs and Chicken McNuggets were thrown out in federal court in New York last year.

But the issue hasn't disappeared.

An award-winning documentary called "Super Size Me" has heaped on more unwanted publicity for McDonald's. The documentary, which chronicles the deterioration of filmmaker Morgan Spurlock's health during a monthlong experiment eating nothing but McDonald's food, won a directing prize at the Sundance Film Festival and is set for wide release this spring.

Riker said the phasing out of super-sizing has "nothing to do with that (film) whatsoever."

The company earlier issued a statement calling the documentary "a super-sized distortion of the quality, choice and variety available at McDonald's." It says the film is not about McDonald's but about Spurlock's decision to act irresponsibly by eating 5,000 calories a day -- "a gimmick to make a film."

ad4mz41
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Dammit thats ridiculous. No one is forcing these people to eat there. If you don't like it, don't eat it, plain and simple. I happened to like the supersize and now because of whiny bitches who can't cut down on their fat intake I have to now eat LARGE instead of SUPERSIZE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Haha just kidding, not the end of the world, still pissed about it though.

Gods_Son
Mon, 03-22-2004, 12:08 AM
yeah, I heard about that fatass's case a while ago. They should force him to eat McDonalds every meal of the day for that stupid lawsuit.

Xollence
Mon, 03-22-2004, 01:25 AM
This is so stupid, the fat people are just gonna get 2 value meals now.

shadowmantis
Mon, 03-22-2004, 05:31 AM
MAN, that pisses me off. charlie barkley is right, GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE AND WORK OUT! these lazyass people piss the shit out of me, cause they blame others for it. i mean, did anyone force him to eat a fucking big mac?! GO OUTSIDE AND RUN, LAZY BITCH!

sangai
Mon, 03-22-2004, 01:30 PM
well yeah alot of these case of a bunch of crap but i could understand if you found a chicken foot or a chicken head in your mcnuggets

but for these fat fucks saying mccdonalds made them fat they should put down the fork, and do as others have said run there fat ass's off

like the lady who ordered coffee and then spilled it on her crotch she sued sure she had the right but it was her fault that mccdonalds served nice hot cups of cofee like there supposed to be something other than hot .

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 03-22-2004, 03:53 PM
We don't have so many highly publicised suing over here but we hear some fucking crazy ones on the news/internet...I remember some woman sueing for like $6million for their 'shock, embarrassment and personal injury' as a result of seeing Janet Jacksons tit at the Superbowl...

Just what that 'personal injury' was is anybodys guess i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

There was another one where two morbidly obese women tried to sue an airline firm because they were too fat to sit in regular seats, so they were made to pay for the extra seats they needed to site on...

lionheart1012000
Mon, 03-22-2004, 04:08 PM
yo hey come on, dont diss fat people in general. hell im fat myself but you dont see me bitching to fast food places saying "oh you made me fat". no, i made myself fat...big butt so what, its ok to diss dumbasses who say they're fat because of restaurants...but not ok to diss fat people who have common sense like myself.

edit: oh on a side note, the whole sueing thing and no more supersizing is a bummer yeah, but it doesnt really affect me since i dont even eat at mcdonalds or places like that i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i stick to taco bell for some diarretic goodness lol. and thats like once every 2 months for me.

r3n
Mon, 03-22-2004, 05:27 PM
mmm cant say im a big fan of ppl that get fat. i wud nvr do sumthing like that to my body if i could stop it. jst like smoking cigarettes. these ppl seem to have a deathwish or sumthin, jst cos they cant see the effects immediately. ohwell i guess its their life they can waste it how they like jst dont burn that shit around me.

u hear about the woman that sued a man who did CPR on her to save her life, but broke a rib in the process by accident?

god, when do ppl jst get off.

joker-kun
Mon, 03-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Apparently their hungry for food and money.

shadowmantis
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:02 PM
they're* i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

i have absolutely nothing against heavier people, i'm just saying that you can't blame others for giving you the food that you asked for (that's a universal 'you', not talking about anyone in particular). i had a big butt, and i lost it in the summer, gained some muscle in the process, and hey - i was hella happy. so if i could, i'd shove my fist down those lamers' throats and instantly delete them from my society. some people love to ruin it for everyone, for no aparent reason.

that's like suing your mom for washing your clothes. silly people.

sangai
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:06 PM
that's like suing your mom for washing your clothes. silly people.

but she got bleach on them

come on sometimes people go to far, its sad to say that we live in a sue happy society

there is approximatly 6 lawsuits at the moment just against mccdonalds

and probably more against other places

personally being a heavy guy like myself i do have someone to blame but its not fast food (nor myself i started takin medication that was effected my appetite) but i can do other things to lose this weight and will

these fat fucks that have the balls to sue mccdonalds are damn morons and there seed should be (will be cause there to fat to get a girl) wiped from this planet

lionheart1012000
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:16 PM
bleh, plain and simple those people are just greedy peices of shit who dont deserve to be humans, hell they dont even deserve to be animals either. hmm...this is somehow reminding me of gatekeepers...dont know why.

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 03-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by: lionheart1012000
yo hey come on, dont diss fat people in general. hell im fat myself but you dont see me bitching to fast food places saying "oh you made me fat". no, i made myself fat...big butt so what, its ok to diss dumbasses who say they're fat because of restaurants...but not ok to diss fat people who have common sense like myself.

I'm not slagging fat people in general...I'm a touch on the chubby side myself (12st and 5"9 tall which is apparently on the borderline of being between average and overweight for my height) and 2 years ago I was 15st which is borderline obese for my height, so I'm not calling anyone who is overweight or fat for being the size they are, its just that if someone is stupid enough to eat at McDonalds every day and claim its no fault of theirs then thats just hypocrisy and money grabbing...you'd have to be INCREDIBLY stupid not to realise McDonalds food is incredibly bad for you...there is more fat in a single McDonalds extra value meal (basically a type of burger, chips and drink) than you should eat for an entire DAY!

Raven
Tue, 03-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by: r3n
u hear about the woman that sued a man who did CPR on her to save her life, but broke a rib in the process by accident?
That's just ridiculous. If I ever met her on the street I'd be inclined to break the rest of them. Stupid people.

sangai
Tue, 03-23-2004, 12:44 AM
its true he lost the case too

they said regardless he assalted her

but the fact is whenever doing cpr you always break ribs she was lucky only to have one broken

Raven
Tue, 03-23-2004, 12:45 AM
My God........

Why the hell would anyone bother saving anyone else's life, what's the point if you're just gonna get sued.

Makes me so mad *smashes something expensive*

lionheart1012000
Tue, 03-23-2004, 01:01 AM
noooo!!!!! not something expensive!!!!!
well anywayz, if people who arent like nurses/doctors and such end up learning CPR and they dont help out someone who they see choking or such...well...theyll still be sued by the family or if the person survives. its a real pain...if you save the person they sue you, if you dont save the person they still sue you. i say just dont bother learning cpr at all.

edit: when i said people who learn cpr, i meant people who "officially" learn, like from a doctor or something, theyre given a certificate and its put in your personal profile that you know...or atleast thats what ive heard.

sangai
Tue, 03-23-2004, 01:22 PM
they should be focusing on the dumbass employee's

excuse me ser wood you like a digkmack with your brink

god all these dumb people

hiddenpookie
Wed, 03-24-2004, 12:31 AM
shadow manttis *cough *cough faaasdfadsgett *cough* ehhhmm well first of all i have to say thay mickeyd's sux them and there stupid catch phrases. not that my opinon matters anyway..dude who cares about biggi size just buy two mediums ^^ hmmm well ppl get fat i mean when ur chubby which i was once was its hard to lose weight u cant just say am neva gonna eat fast foods again u know..its dosnt happen like that...for that i chewed gum lots of gum and bang i stooped eating soo much...ehh hmm. well go burger king go checkers!!!! w00toRz!

XwingRob
Wed, 03-24-2004, 05:05 AM
Isn't Congress passing a act or somthing that is gonna ban frivoulous lawsuits?

shadowmantis
Wed, 03-24-2004, 06:15 AM
h..huh?

r3n
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:31 PM
if i was gunna do CPR on sum1 id get them to sign a contract b4 hand saying that they couldnt sue me for any damages incurred during the CPR i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

lionheart1012000
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:56 AM
yeah that would be a good idea...but by the time you get the paperwork ready the persons already dead lol