PDA

View Full Version : Jounin Exam

Himura_san
Sun, 03-21-2004, 08:37 PM
Since it takes the a Genin to complete and get approved via the Chunin exam to reach the next level then would there also be a Jounin exam for the chunins? or is it just the number of missions you do?

Jman
Sun, 03-21-2004, 08:55 PM
maybe you get to be a jounin based on years of experience and high skill

frexeze
Sun, 03-21-2004, 09:04 PM
i really doubt there would be an exam in the same nature as the chuunin exam where they have to compete with each other to become jounins. it seems like it would be too important to have a yearly exam to promote chuunins. it would make more sense to me that maybe hokage or some other group of jounins would be in charge of promoting chuunins

Xollence
Mon, 03-22-2004, 01:17 AM
maybe you become a jounin once you become an anbu.

Kumiriko
Mon, 03-22-2004, 01:42 AM
This has been Discussed before. and anbu is a diffent Carerr path then Jounin.

Krbadass
Mon, 03-22-2004, 02:49 AM
I agree i think that the hokage or someone else high picks out the new jounins, cause when asuma and kakashi were talking to kurenai they said you are a new jounin, but they said nothing about any exam.

PSJ
Mon, 03-22-2004, 05:30 AM
ANBU is what you become after chuunin if you are strong enough of course and after ANBU you become Jounin. the guys that do good in the ANBU are probably promoted to Jounin. there isnt an exam thats for sure.

JTD121
Mon, 03-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Kumuriko said that ANBU is a different career path from Jounin. But then, what is a Sannin? I've wondered that since we saw Jiraiya training Naruto.

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-22-2004, 03:45 PM
I can't in great detail explain what a sannin is without spoiling, but a sennin is simply a legendary ninja.

PSJ
Mon, 03-22-2004, 04:21 PM
i can tell you the meaning of the word "sannin" but not more than that. SanNin means three ninjas.

lionheart1012000
Mon, 03-22-2004, 04:27 PM
if only this were in the naruto open discussion so i could express my opinion ;_; but sadly i cant since part of it has a form of spoiler...so sad.

JTD121
Mon, 03-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Uh-huh...So I guess sometime soon in the anime series, we will learn what a Sannin is an why they are called as such.....Damn, we have to wait a while...

Gods_Son
Mon, 03-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Sennin are legendary ninja and Sannin are three ninja, you'll see all three of them later on in the anime.

Haku no Fuyu
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Actuallly, Sennin means "Sage" or "Hermit". It has NOTHING to do with ninja.

firefly32
Mon, 03-22-2004, 08:12 PM
from what i've picked up, i thought there was some sort of intense jounin exam. I don't think jounin would be picked without some sort of formal evaluation. After u become jounin, u can become a lot of things: hunter nin, anbu, medic (in the war? that would require a lot of skill...), T&I, regular jounin... An anbu has higher skills than a regular jounin, that's for sure.

then again I could be way off...o.O i always thot anbu was a more dangerous line of work...but pervert-sennin jiraiya says his info so boldy. ehh..

Jman
Mon, 03-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Double post. The mods are gonna come down on ya like a ton of bricks
j/k i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Use the edit button next time

---
I doubt that there's a formal exam for jounins although that would kickass. I would've liked to see Kakashi and Gai in their younger days.

The_Fourth
Mon, 03-22-2004, 09:54 PM
Mmmmmmmmm, I thought that ANBU members were already Jounins. But I am not so sure that there is no Jounin exam, mabe there could be some sort of trial?

lionheart1012000
Mon, 03-22-2004, 10:34 PM
werent anbu just like a form of jounin? just like with different tasks...oh well, im probably wrong.

JTD121
Mon, 03-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Okay, not to put down the ANBU members, but what the hell is wrong with them? Aren't they supposed to be elite Jounins or special-ops type of ninja? Then again, Orochimaru is an S-class exile ninja....But that doesn't really help, except give you an idea that he's extremely powerful and dangerous to ANYONE!

We really need someone to come up with a complete rankings list, from Genin, to Hokage and EVERYTHING in-between....

PoDy
Tue, 03-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster
maybe you get to be a jounin based on years of experience and high skill

Then where is kurenai from?
Cuz she's a new jounin and Asuma and kakashi did not act like they had known her for a long time.
So i dont think she has been there for years. Maybe she is from another village and she showed her skills and then became a jounin.

o.O

sangai
Tue, 03-23-2004, 02:47 PM
well considering that most jounins are adults and are more respected i doubt the village would put them through an exam (id be insulted) because they would be treating them with not enough respect so i got to say is a number of missions completed

joker-kun
Tue, 03-23-2004, 11:36 PM
My guess is its a title awarded to you by the hokage or something.

Inquisitor77
Wed, 03-24-2004, 12:47 AM
There probably is some test of some sort. Not the same as the Chuunin exam, but a test nonetheless. I'm betting you have to perform a certain level of mission, too. Or, at least, do something extremely hard and get recognized for it. Making it based purely on the number of missions means that you can have someone do a lot of low-level missions and eventually become Jounin. Even performing a certain number of high-level missions can be a little iffy, because sometimes a high-level mission is easier than people think it will be (and vice versa - remember the first "real" mission Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura went on? Hehe). I'd bet that there is a combination of things you have to do, like a certain number of missions, a really hard mission, and passing a test, before you're allowed to become Jounin. Letting the Hokage choose who gets to become Jounin sounds a little too much like favoritism...

Then again, the previous Hokage gets to choose his successor, right?

Raven
Wed, 03-24-2004, 02:46 AM
There's probably no official test, but maybe it's based on the observations of the village leaders (in a similar format to the chuunin exam). i.e. the higher ranks will observe the nins and decide when they are worthy.

The promotion may be based on fighting ability, number of jutsus learnt, leadership, natural talent, and/or how many missions have been completed.