PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Anime Movie

Gods_Son
Sun, 03-21-2004, 12:12 PM
hadn't seen this thread, and I'm looking for a good one I might not know.

Right now, my favorite is Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust or Cowboy Bebop: Knockin on Heaven's Door

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 03-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Perfect Blue, probably the only anime I've ever watched that at times made me forget I was watching animation.

Other great films are Blood: The Last Vampire, Akira and Ghost In The Shell...Spriggan, Ninja Scroll and Princess Mononoke are pretty cool as well...

I doubt that these names will be new to anyone, but they're definitely the best anime films I've seen...I'm sure there are others but I can't think of any right now...

Munsu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:07 PM
I've been trying to find Perfect Blue, but havent been able to...

My favorites are:

Princess Mononoke
Jin Roh
Spriggan
Ninja Scrolls
Vampire Hunter D and Bloodlust
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Voices of a Distant Star (OVA though)

lionheart1012000
Sun, 03-21-2004, 08:19 PM
perfect blue is like omg. you can find it at boxtorrents.com i think. and from your list ive seen two, princess mononoke and voices of a distant star, i liked them both but i didnt like the way VoaDS ended...maybe its just me.

r3n
Sun, 03-21-2004, 08:25 PM
mmmm id have to say:

Akira
GITS (looking forward to innocense i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif)
ninja scroll
cowboy bebop
grave of the fireflies
Vampire hunter D bloodlust
laputa castle in the sky
blood - the last vampire

Amigo
Sun, 03-21-2004, 09:38 PM
Well, if OVA's count, I'd have to go with..

FLCL and Macross Plus(also a movie), though Hoshi No Koe(VoaDS) is pretty good too.

Munsu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 09:45 PM
I didnt mean ova's to count but since it was a single episode and not a series then I included it

Amigo
Sun, 03-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Well I was just trying to make a postive post, rather than saying how most anime 'movies' that I've ever seen have sucked. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

It's all just anime anyway, even if it's presented a little differently.

Gods_Son
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:59 PM
I've heard good things about Grave of the Fireflies, but that there's no action. No action usually bores me, still worth watching?

Hakeem_21
Mon, 03-22-2004, 06:31 AM
Cowboy Bebop,Ghoast in The Shell,Ninja Scroll. Actually i havent watched many anime films.

Poiple Weezard
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:28 AM
My favorite is Princess Mononoke. Loved the "every character has both good and evil in them" kinda theme that went on through the entire thing. Ashitaka was the only one that could possibly be considered as a pure good guy during the movie, everyone else had selfish and destructive goals of some sort. Animation, story, and action were all good too, and who wouldn't like the kodamas? (Yes, even the kodamas are evil. I just need some time to figure out how)

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 03-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
I've heard good things about Grave of the Fireflies, but that there's no action. No action usually bores me, still worth watching?

From what I've read about it (and it pretty much gave the whole story in the review I read...including the ending :frowni/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif it sounds amazing, it should have some action in it as its based on two kids who had to try to live through the hiroshima bombing and their struggle to survive afterwards etc...it sounds like a depressing exercise demonstrating what the aftermath of hiroshima was like...so it should appeal to me i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. I think there was a manga before it but I'm not sure, anyhow the writer of it was a survivor of hiroshima himself I think so there should be a certain level of realism to it...

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-22-2004, 03:39 PM
Street Fighter 2 The Animated Movie (NOT the Alpha one) & Ninja Scroll.

Oh and Grave of the Fireflies too. SOOOO sad!

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 03-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Street Fighter 2 The Animated Movie (NOT the Alpha one) & Ninja Scroll.

Oh and Grave of the Fireflies too. SOOOO sad!

Yeah Alpha sucks...its so cheesy all the shit with Ryu and his brother...it makes you want to throw up...

Wow I never had any idea so many people had seen GotF...makes be glad I've bought it...it better arrive sometime soon...

HimizujinEternia
Mon, 03-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Grave of the Fireflies is easily one of the best movies ever made. I often go by the principle that action is inferior to good plot development, and Grave has one of the best storylines eveer written.

Mononoke Hime is another good one; it's got an incredible plot and wonderful characters.

Personally, I never really liked Akira that much. It seemed as bloated by hype as FFVII was, and also like FFVII, wasn't able to back it up.

But of all anime movies, my personal favorite has to be Spirited Away. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a movie that's got a good plot while still making me feel like a kid again. ^_^

Trip
Mon, 03-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Perfect Blue or Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Hevans Door

Perfect Blue was amazing, really kept you on your toes trying to work out what was reality and what was insanity (don't want to spoil for those who haven't seen).

Cowboy Bebop: KoHD just had a well written story and great art it accompanied the series really well, I might have to watch it again actually i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

anime050
Mon, 03-22-2004, 06:27 PM
My fav would HAVE to be 'Grave of the fireflies'. Its really good. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

oceen246
Tue, 03-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Zone Of The Enders
Ninja Scroll
Akira
Mezzo Forte

I had some others in mind, but I don't remember their titles

chaos4ever4
Tue, 03-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Bebop the Movie was really well done. I mean, they depicted New York down to the very detail of the subway signs.

Trip
Tue, 03-23-2004, 04:33 PM
I thought the bebop movie was set on Mars.....? ah well it's been a while since i've seen it, I'll definetaly dig it out again i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

NewGuyinTown
Tue, 03-23-2004, 05:02 PM
Hmmm... I dont have much choices since I dont dl alot of different animes...
I only dled and watched 4 different animes (5 or more episodes): Scrapped Princess, Naruto, Jubei, and Chrno Crusade.

Out of the 4, hmmm... It's either Naruto or Scrappped Princess. Both of them weren't all that great, but I like the first 19 episodes of Naruto.

Zyan
Wed, 03-24-2004, 01:40 AM
My favourites are:

Roh Jin
Ghost in the Shell
Akira
Perfect Blue
Patlabor 2

Hmm, that's about it. Spriggan, Grave of the Fireflies are pretty good too. Have not seen Mononoke nor Spirited Away.... still on my shelves waiting to be seen.

complich8
Wed, 03-24-2004, 05:11 AM
favorite anime movie, eh?

hmm ..... hard to say. Probably Cowboy Bebop movie... second place will be GITS (which has always held kinda a warm place in my heart).

zeion22
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:07 AM
Hummmmmmm, my fav movie,
i would have to go with first Vampire Hunter D"both movies", and Love Hina "all three movies"...........

B@ki_fight
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Favorite anime movie hhhmmm that will be alot for me ...

Akira
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
My Neighbor Totoro
Ninja Scroll
Lupin III: Castle of Cagliosto
Hajime no Ippo: Champion Road
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
X/1999
Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture
Dragonball Z: Gekitotsu! Hyakuoku Power no Senshitachi
Dragonball Z: Fukkatsu no Fushion! Goku to Vegeta
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Violinist of Hamelin: The Movie

and alot more anime movie ^__^
hoping Naruto comes out with a movie ..... ...