PDA

View Full Version : New Naruto Movie Details

itachi_
Sat, 03-20-2004, 08:50 AM
On the TV Tokyo Naruto website (Japanese), they have listed some new details about the upcoming Naruto movie entitled: Daikatugeki!! Yukihime Ninpoujyou Dattebayo - scheduled for release on August 21st, 2004. We have translated what they had to say about it, and you can read it below - quoted from narutofan.com

To make a long story short, the Konoha(leaf village) rookies appear, and it looks like an athletic competition is about to start. I'm not sure, but it seems like there will be A LOT of trouble that takes place. The movie's stage takes place in an icy cold land "Country of snow". Naruto's group is the 7th group to enter the tournament so with a number that large and the fact that it is a movie there is sure to be a large amount of activity. Also the new character "Snow Princess (Yukihime)" that made it into the movies title... what's with her?! We can't wait for the follow up report!!

Hmm country of snow, eh?

PSJ
Sat, 03-20-2004, 10:06 AM
lol when i read "country of snow" i knew this movie was gonna suck they even invented a new country that sucks. this movie will probably suck more than anything.

jonny-mt
Sat, 03-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Hmm...I seem to recall another character being born in a snowy village, mais no?

i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Toruxxx
Sat, 03-20-2004, 12:15 PM
that would be haku u are on about there. i still think the movie will be great ^_^

originalkrn
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:24 AM
I heard somewhere that this was gonna be about Kakashi's life in ANBU and stuff, but after reading this, i feel i heard horribly wrong. I wish it was about Kakashi and explained a lot of things.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:49 AM
Well, Sasuke being like he is, I wonder how they will deal with the continuity... and huh, if you're talking about Haku, he's from the Water country and the Mist village.
One may say, there's no difference between Water and Snow, it's just a matter of temperature, but I believe in this case, it's not an inmaterial difference...

itachi_
Sat, 04-03-2004, 08:20 AM
A question though, How are we going to get the movie when it's released in august?, is someone going to record it at a cinema and after that do like a fansub or will someone rip it from a DVD?

JTD121
Sat, 04-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by: itachi_
A question though, How are we going to get the movie when it's released in august?, is someone going to record it at a cinema and after that do like a fansub or will someone rip it from a DVD?

Someone probably has some connections over in Japan, so they can get the actual tape/disc of the movie, and rip it that way.

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

Gods_Son
Sat, 04-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by: originalkrn
I heard somewhere that this was gonna be about Kakashi's life in ANBU and stuff, but after reading this, i feel i heard horribly wrong. I wish it was about Kakashi and explained a lot of things.

yea, I don't think any useful information is going to be in the movie. It's probably just like a long filler episode.

Mut
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:04 PM
it might just be like water country or whatever and it's snowing.

itachi_
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:22 PM
But it says on narutofan that the movie is about a 17 year old kakashi when he was within the ANBU.... confusing, maybe it's a both..

Assertn
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:29 PM
if they release a movie sometime when this current saga in the manga is starting to appear in anime form, then they could do some fun stuff involving all the konoha kiddies and various missions and such. I'd like to see the groups mingle more and form new teams for handling different teamwork-dependent tasks, but such a thing wouldnt fit into the direct storyline as well (hence the need for a spinoff movie of it)

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
if they release a movie sometime when this current saga in the manga is starting to appear in anime form, then they could do some fun stuff involving all the konoha kiddies and various missions and such. I'd like to see the groups mingle more and form new teams for handling different teamwork-dependent tasks, but such a thing wouldnt fit into the direct storyline as well (hence the need for a spinoff movie of it)

More likely, it will be closer to the anime... or may have nothing to do with any of them, but just with the characters...

Assertn
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:53 PM
usually movies for large series like this have no direct significance to the plot, kinda like the naruto special
so it prolly would be more like your second choice

unless you thought i meant THIS upcoming movie. If so, i meant that WHEN the anime reaches the point the manga is at, if they release another movie....then they should do that. and im SURE there will be more than 1 naruto movie

jing
Sat, 04-03-2004, 07:36 PM
im too sick of those Tournament type cliche storyline............you know you are too.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-03-2004, 07:59 PM
you got that right...
i mean, there ninjas, for crying out loud, not some tennis players!
the extremly long Chunin exam, and the annoying 1on1 fights we're having now in the manga are enough for about 50 chapters, they should conecentrate on moving the plot..

Tournaments are the easiest way to get people to fight each other, altough it fitts some stories (sports) it certenaly is bad for ninjas, Naruto is already looking more and more like Flame of Recca (which is nice, but too much fighting and not enough story) and YYH (which is like DBZ but with more foes), it desepratally needs something to remind us that they're ninjas, a movie about some hard mission, which will involve stealth and battle planning (think watterfall fight) will be appricated, even if there won't be any plot\charecter advancement, as long as it's cool ninja stuff, i'll like it.

however, this doesn't apply if in the end, Sasuke goes into his curse seal state, blabbers about his brother and then learns the meaning of friendship through Naruto help.

originalkrn
Sun, 04-04-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by: itachi_
But it says on narutofan that the movie is about a 17 year old kakashi when he was within the ANBU.... confusing, maybe it's a both..

God, that would be so much better and it would explain so much more.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 04-04-2004, 10:50 AM
the movie will have a flashback of Kakashi from the time he was 17 and in the ANBU, it won't be about him or even have anything involved with his flashback, they're just saying it to get public attention from the crappy tournament plot.

my bet is that the flashback will be something like this:
"a tournament in the snow country? i remember when i was back in the ANBU, i went there once {insert Kakashi in age seventeen with anbu uniform}, but i never thought i'll go back there again!"

and that will be the end of it...

Knives122
Sun, 04-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by: jing
im too sick of those Tournament type cliche storyline............you know you are too.

when you think about it, they do that in most anime's like this, Yu Yu hakusho, DBZ, Flame of Recca, G Gundam(which was one of the main factors in the series) all the same, so i think they should change it to something a little more, how should i put this, a little more interesting

Raven
Mon, 04-05-2004, 06:32 AM
I actually love the tournament setting..... it answers a lot of "who would win" questions for 1 on 1 battles. But that's just me.