PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite character voice??

Jeff_from_MD
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:04 AM
One thing that can really enhance the uniqueness of any anime character is the way it talks!

So lemme ask you peeps:
Out of ALL the characters (guys, girls, etc.)in the Naruto anime series to date, who do you think simply has the most awesome voice/voice acting?

Stoopider
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:21 AM
Best voice?? Hmm. I think it would be Jiraiya. The way the guy speaks and laughs cockily about himself really cracks me up.

Haku no Fuyu
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:27 AM
Orochimaru. Creepy but strong. Forceful but.....for lack of a better word, creepy.
No, I'm not obsessed with Orochi-chan....

r3n
Sat, 03-20-2004, 06:40 AM
btw Naruto is voice acted by a woman i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

my fav voice acting is probably naruto's.

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 03-20-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by: r3n

Are you serious? That can't be true or can it? Oh well, matters not to me, sounds like a young guy...

But my fav voice actor is the one now playing Yashamaru, heard his voice couple of times in other animes, and i like it a lot.

Solo
Sat, 03-20-2004, 08:52 AM

Yep, that's true. She also do the voice of Gon in HxH
I think that either Hokage or Kagashi have the best voice actor.

PSJ
Sat, 03-20-2004, 10:03 AM

its not unusal for a woman to act a guys voice. for some reason women ends up acting the main charatcer voice kind of often. i like orochimaru's voice the most. and yashamaru's voice was nothing like i have imagined, i mean he looks like a woman shouldnt he have a more womanish voice?

itachi_
Sat, 03-20-2004, 10:09 AM
its not unusal for a woman to act a guys voice. for some reason women ends up acting the main charatcer voice kind of often. i like orochimaru's voice the most. and yashamaru's voice was nothing like i have imagined, i mean he looks like a woman shouldnt he have a more womanish voice?

A good example for that is a girl voice-acting as Himura Kenshin

jonny-mt
Sat, 03-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Either Gaara or Shikamaru, although Jiraiya's not too far behind. I like the first two better, though, because their character is really determined by their voice--that is to say, a crappy voice actor could destroy those two characters entirely, but instead they have actors who can perfectly pull off absolute calm to murderous mania for Gaara and apathy to intellectual amusement for Shikamaru.

Toruxxx
Sat, 03-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Gamabunta has the best voice ^_^ hehe but best i like shikamaru's aswell hes just so laid back

Naruto
Sat, 03-20-2004, 01:03 PM
NARUTO OF COURSE ^^
also gaara and konohamaru chan

The_Fourth
Sat, 03-20-2004, 01:12 PM
My favorite chracter voices would be...Jiraiya and the Third Hokage, I also like Narutos voice.

AKFUGEN
Sat, 03-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Rock Lee, especially when he yells out Konoha Senpu, and Jiraiya's voice is pretty funny.

frexeze
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:06 PM
orochimaru has a cooool voice.. i found pakkun humorous i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

JTD121
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:12 PM
I honestly can't seem to pick one voice actor who I love the most in this series. They all pull of their roles quite well. But Rock Lee, Naruto, and Gaara are at the top. And Sasuke when he does his Lion Combo.

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

Jman
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:48 PM

Same here

Here is (http://www.degree-anime.com/images/cast.gif) a pic of the voice actors for sasuke, naruto and sakura

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 03-20-2004, 03:07 PM
My top 3 is Kakashi, Naruto, Gaara

ciao

ZakuHan
Sat, 03-20-2004, 03:19 PM
I'd have to say Sasuke, Gaara and Rock Lee. They have the most unique voices out of the characters (meaning they don't sound like a voice you've heard in 10 other animes before i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif ).

And it's pretty common for a woman to voice-act a younger male, cause well.. When a guy gets older his voice is too deep to pull off the kid's voice, so they get a gal to do it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif The girl doin Naruto does a great job.

~Chris

Baka-chan
Sat, 03-20-2004, 03:24 PM
i always liked dosu's for some reason. i also liked oro's when he was in the Chuunin exam in the forest, and kakashi's

Jeff_from_MD
Sat, 03-20-2004, 04:08 PM
for some reason I am addicted to the voice of kankuro, the puppeteer dude.

Like, yea I know that there are a good handful of genins who are actually possibly stronger than him, but Kankuro just sounds plain intimidating! Does he speak with a different accent, which makes him all evil sounding? It was only until his fight with shino when I really saw him cry out in pain.

r3n
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by: itachi_

A good example for that is a girl voice-acting as Himura Kenshin

another good example is bart simpson i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Karasu
Sat, 03-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Hmm.. Orochimaru's voice is great, and Kakashi goes well with his char. And Gaara and his wierd crazy sounds are great i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

On the other hand most voices seems to fit the chars prett well.

Destiny
Sun, 03-21-2004, 12:50 AM
I think the person that does Sasuke's voice does the most excellent job.
I dont hav any particular favourite, a voice is a voice to me, but when Sasuke powers up or is in pain, his is really convincing. During his fight with Haku, i used to replay one part just cos his voice was really well done.

baka passing
Sun, 03-21-2004, 02:50 AM

so did not know that! cool.

but i vote naruto too.

Gods_Son
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Nobody mentioned Neiji, I think his voice suits his character well, but for me the best voice would be Kakashi

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Hang on, Haku's voice fit him like a glove. It was deep, sorrowful, and tourtured. Hearing it makes me want to cry...almost.

chaos4ever4
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:00 PM
Shikamaru. Now, that's a voice with some style. Then Neji and Chouji, especially when he says "Hooray for big boned people!"

Haku had a really good voice as well. Too bad they killed him off.

Claus for Last Exile had a woman voice actor, as well (if i recall correctly)

Sensei_Kakashi
Mon, 03-22-2004, 10:53 PM
I' probably have to say kakashi or shikamaru. their voices are cool.. thats good voice acting I also love their charactersi/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Raven
Mon, 03-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by: baka passing

so did not know that! cool.
She's just finished a tour of my country, I went to see her show.... entertaining stuff, I could listen to her do the voices for hours... she also does Ralph, Nelson, Kerney, and Rodd + Todd.

My favourite voice in this series is Orochimaru - really creepy, kinda like Frieza except done well. Frieza sounded like an elderly woman who'd smoked too many cigarettes. (The US dubbed version, I mean.) Orochimaru is what Frieza SHOULD have been.

Toruxxx
Tue, 03-23-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn

My favourite voice in this series is Orochimaru - really creepy, kinda like Frieza except done well. Frieza sounded like an elderly woman who'd smoked too many cigarettes. (The US dubbed version, I mean.) Orochimaru is what Frieza SHOULD have been.

lol ha i aint seen dbz for ages but i still remember what frieza sounded like the nightmares it gave me!!

HimizujinEternia
Tue, 03-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Hinata's voice is probably the reason why I think she's so cute, so I'd have to say her voice.

Mattea
Wed, 03-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Kakashi's voice is cool, he's also my favourite character ^_^

B@ki_fight
Wed, 03-24-2004, 07:20 PM
NARUTO all the way i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
and plus Gaara, Rock Lee i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Lys
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Lee's my fave ^Æ^ So surprising~!! Umm ... I like Tenten's voice though too, very cute. And Konohamaru's ... the kid bugs me at times but that voice actress has the most adorable voice ever!!! She even sings super-cute! ... I like Orochimaru's voice too. Orochi is also voiced by a woman. Creepy is cool!

(no!!! my triclops face doesn't show up anymore? *cry*)

Kakashi-Senpai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Naruto is done by a woman. But the best i feel is still the best is done for kakashi. Those the people who is doing it looks like a old man.

Xollence
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Naruto and the Hokage. They put a lot of effort into it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Sensei_Kakashi
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:27 AM
Naruto is done by a woman. But the best i feel is still the best is done for kakashi. Those the people who is doing it looks like a old man.

Kakashi's voice is cool, he's also my favourite character ^_^

Yay!!! kakashi rules!!!good voice.. and what about shika????

Jman
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:48 AM
i would say hinata's voice but haven't heard it that many times to remember what it sounds like i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-27-2004, 01:41 AM
My vote is for Naruto also

Jman
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:55 AM
all the actors are cool

lasaire
Sat, 03-27-2004, 04:32 PM
My fave is Kakashi, his seiyuu has also been:

Spiral - Narumi Kiyotaka
Fruits Basket - Hatori
Gravitation - Yuki Eiri
X - Kigai Yuuto

Jman
Sat, 03-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Team 7 Seiyuu (voice actors)
http://www.littlecooldude.com/~animemaster/cast.gif
please don't quote or direct link

edit: lol @sasuke's voice actor.
is it just me or is that a slight smirk on his face.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 03-27-2004, 06:41 PM
me, i would have to say kakashi, sasuke thoug i hate him, naruto u nkow wut as a matter of fact i think that all of there voices are great but those three are the best to me

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Pakkun, so far.
On a side note, honestly, when compared with the ones in US dubs *any* of them is a genius...All them do a pretty good darn job, as a matter of fact.
I hope they *never* dub Naruto. It would be death by butchering, not even Oro could be that cruel.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 03-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Actually its very very common for women to voice cartoon boys. Bart Simpson is voiced by a woman.
And it makes sense too, little kids don't have deep voices yet.

The only thing that really surprised me was when I found out Goku was voiced by a japanese woman. I couldn't understand why they would do that.

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 03-27-2004, 08:07 PM
Kakashi is my favorite voice by the way. He just sounds so laid back.
Naruto is second.

Sharingan 3y3
Tue, 03-30-2004, 01:36 PM
to me sasuke's voice is the most unique .. it is soooo... uhm i guess it has a cocky tone in it so it matches my personality. i specially love his voice when he uses that fire element jutusu (katon.....)

Mut
Tue, 03-30-2004, 06:39 PM
kakashi.

tensai
Wed, 03-31-2004, 02:40 AM
my favorite voices would have to be Kakashi, Pakkun, and Shikamaru.
their voices are so laid back, it fits them perfectly

their are also a lot of characters that have voices that fit them perfectly
like Gai and Jaraiya (both are hilarious)

on the women voices, they do it flawlessly. they are really good at changing their voice tone
ive watched the special with the actors that do the voices for the Simpson, they really good (they are actors anyway)
the voices for Dragonball characters were also done by women,
most women actresses can change their voices pretty good, men have deep voices and they cant change it that well
just my thoughts

RaZzy
Wed, 03-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Man... when Sasuke is shouting .. it sounds great.. and also when he says: "And he picked me for the job! and "Katon Housenka" or some move... just the best

Also Jiraiya and naruto are great voice actors.. i listened to the summoning of jiraiya a few times , man it was great.

But i think they're are REALLY good voice actors.

Zansatsu
Thu, 04-08-2004, 05:21 PM
My vote goes to Kakashi. Pakkun is kinda scary. A cute little doggie like him having a voice like that i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Tass
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:40 AM
<<< Hinata! =) ...hum...funny how a lot of our choices match our avitars huh?

i like "pakkun"s also...lol sakura and him use the same shampoo! lol...i like that part =)

Sanjuro
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:25 PM
I really like Kakashi's voice, like the way he says "yo". Besides that, Naruto and Sasuke's voices are good as well

itachi_
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Shikamaru's Voice, gotta love it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SK
Fri, 04-09-2004, 07:27 PM
I like Kakashi's, Naruto's, Sasuke's.

Knives122
Sat, 04-10-2004, 08:38 PM
yeah, kakasi's my favorite voice

Rek
Sat, 04-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Hokage

I guess I'll add a reason also... he can sound so amiable, and sorta tolerating and even humerous, but when he gets angry, he sounds threatening. I dun think any other characters voice has shown that deep a spectrum

Cloud 9
Sun, 04-11-2004, 06:42 AM
I'd probably have to say Kakashi and Gaara tie for the top. I can't decide between the two, because I love both voices. I also love Gaara's seeiyu in Chrno Crusade (Chrno) and Kakashi's seiyuu in Chrno Crusade, even (Aion). But if I HAD to pick, it might be Gaara. Every other seiyuu in the series is wonderful as well.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 04-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Uchiha Sasuke for sure.

Lyzander
Tue, 04-13-2004, 05:06 AM
Those voices i like:

Gaara
Orochimaru
Kankorou
Jiraiya

you know why

Names of those that do the Naruto voices

Akimichi Chouji : Kentaro Itou
Gaara : Akira Ishida <--- OMG Akira....how cool is that to have the name of one of the best anime movies ever!!!
Gekkou Hayate : Sasaki Nozomu
Haku : Mayumi Asano
Haruno Sakura : Nakamura Chie
Hatake Kakashi : Kazuhiko Inoue
Hyuuga Hinata : Nana Mizuki
Ino : Ryouka Yuzuki
Inuzuka Kiba : Kohsuke Toriumi
Mizuki : Miki Shinichiroh
Nara Shikamaru : Shoutaro Morikubo
Rock Lee : Yoichi Masukawa
Uchiha Itachi : Hideo Ishikawa
Uchiha : Sugiyama Noriaki
Umino Iruka : Toshiko Seki
Uzumaki Naruto : Takeuchi Junko

SilentSnake
Tue, 04-13-2004, 01:24 PM
i would say jiraiya and rock lee, also uchiha sasuke.

oro has a great seiyuu as well, he sound as if he drunk too much vodka buehehehe i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif