PDA

View Full Version : IRC channel

Samanosuke
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:56 PM
hiya,

I dont know if its just me, or is rizon seriously slow?
I've been trying to connect for roughly 20 minutes, no error message, no connection refused - just waiting.

"[14:42] * Connecting to irc.rizon.net (6668)"

Am I the only person that can't access rizon??

Munsu
Fri, 03-19-2004, 08:37 PM
There have been many netsplits and such... try another port also...

i'm connected right now without any problems

hiroshi
Sat, 03-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Yeah, i also had this with another Network.

If you didn't already know, lots of IRC Servers and other Network servers are under DoS attacks from numerous locations. The reason for the dramatic increase in attacks are unknown to me, but it's probably that virus which was released a while ago. I think it's called the MyDoom virus, and after infecting a computer it sends DoS attacks.

It is stated in the original version of the virus that the DoS attacks would stop after February. However, since there have been a few variants (A, B, F, G, and H). It's possible another variant has appeared and is carrying on the DoS attacks, or a new virus with similair properties has been released. Info on the original can be found Here (http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.mydoom.a@mm.html).

However, that is not fact, and is my opinion as to the DoS attacks. I don't actually know why there is such an increase in these attacks, but that's 'my' guess.

Lego
Wed, 03-31-2004, 04:42 AM
It depends on the server your on with rizon.

Ive found out the irc.rizon.ca is laggy at times (dam canadians)

most of my time is on irc.rizon.org

Vagabond
Thu, 04-01-2004, 02:38 AM
Arg for some reason i cant log on to rizon.

It says
Error: Invalid argument

Munsu
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:22 AM
are you typing:

/server irc.rizon.net ????

Lego
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:42 AM
rizon had another nasty spat of lag today