PDA

View Full Version : Love Hina

Koyuki
Fri, 03-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Ahh.. I just love Love Hina. Love Hina is really funny. Great story.
I'd love it if they maid a new season or something. Anybody got some info or heard something?

What do you think about Love Hina?

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 03-19-2004, 05:41 PM
When i first saw it, i thought it was great, but as i started to watch more and more anime, i realized that it wasn't that special for me....

Koyuki
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:21 PM
It was the opposite for me, I really needed some of that romance i/expressions/heart.gif

BigR
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Ranma 1/2 and Love Hina were my favorite 2 anime shows, before I started on other anime, and over the last 3 years, Ranma still remians a top 5, but Love Hina is just an after thought

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Love hina is just another Echhi Comedy\romance anime, just more famous than others...
it's nothing special when comparing it to other animes of the same genre...
Love hina is only exeptional becuase it was dubbed to english and is marketed as the 'prototype' of this genre, in comparision to Maburaho and others, it comes exactly like them, better at some points, but falls short in others

Munsu
Fri, 03-19-2004, 07:25 PM
There's Love Hina again if you havent watched it...

Koyuki
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:19 AM
I've watched Love Hina Again. Mabuharho is it better then Love Hina?

If you know a series that's similar to Love Hina post it
Cause Me really enjoy this genre i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Sat, 03-20-2004, 04:25 AM
KareKano
Fruits Basket
Ai Yori Aoshi
Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi
Happy Lesson Ova
Happy Lesson TV
Happy Lesson Advance
Chobits
Da Capo
Kimi Ga Nozumo Eien (heavy drama, no comedy)

Take your pick... those are the ones out off the top of my head... you might want to check out the new series Midori no Hibi when it comes out... there's a preview going around

Edit: Full Metal Panic? Fumouffu

silverwingz
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:40 PM
love hina is good the OVA love hina again is good too its jus a cont. from the first one and the 2 movies was nice too i liked it

FriedBunny
Sat, 03-20-2004, 09:05 PM
I just recently started watching Love Hina... and I've been very disappointed thus far (after 6-7 episodes).

It's just a bit too contrived for me. Episode 5 and the whole let's-go-to-the-same-place-but-break-our-glasses-and-completely-forget-what-the-other-person's-voice-sounds-like thing was a little much.

If you're looking for some interesting/funny ecchi, the first season of Mahoromatic can't be topped. (Though it's obviously in a slightly different category.)

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 03-20-2004, 10:34 PM
I don't know. This was such a great light-hearted romantic (less romance, more ecchi) comedy that I find it hard to top.

Koyuki
Sun, 03-21-2004, 10:14 AM
They should make a movie about the manga volume 13 and 14. It would be really cool. The series stops at volume 12

northPIG87
Mon, 03-22-2004, 11:32 PM
watched it years ago in japan......the only thing i remember is one of the theme song which i still listen to...lol...don't really remember the anime itself...

JTD121
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:33 AM
I saw all of Love Hina. I thought the anime was mediocre at best. Except for the specials and LHA. The manga was leagues better than the anime, in my opinion. All the characters look a bit funny in color to me.

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-24-2004, 03:34 PM
if we're already talkng about love hina. here's my summery of the "2nd season" - love hina again:

filer, sister, jeoulsy, Ring, house, magic, spell, 24 hours, being pulled togethter, not enough time, does love, doesn't love, does love, running, house, basement, janken, tournament, magic, clock, ring, falling, end.

i think that about summes the three episodes of the most annoying and rushed shit known as love hina again.

the reason i wrote this is becuase i've been thinking about reading the manga, but if it's going to end the same (push a season's worth of matrial into three episodes and add filler, that's a good idea!) then i rather not bother...

i've heard that the anime studio and the manga studio had a fight about finnaceual issues so they had to rush it off and get rid of it and that's how Love hina again turned to be like this, is it true?

zeion22
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:11 AM
Hummm, not sure but i did hear something like that from my friend, but i would love it if they made a whole new season, up that souds good i would love to have another love hina season out!!

Raven
Thu, 03-25-2004, 08:18 AM
They won't, the main concept of the show (Keitero and Naru getting together) was solved at the end of LHA. It would be pointless to continue, unless they wanted to show stories of their relationship, which would be dragged out and boring in my opinion.

Himura_san
Sun, 11-28-2004, 04:36 AM
This has to be the most overrated anime on the face of the earth. The comedy factor relies on the main character getting constantly beat up by the females who live in the "dorm". This can be funny the first time you see it, after that it gets old real quick! Also their is no weight of reality in this anime basically anything goes! flying mecha-robot turtles!?! monkey girl turning into adult form??? a flying turtle?????
Any drama in this anime is quickly retracted due to these things.
It's not even original since the whole concept of harem anime has been done before this.
The only thing that makes me think why this would be popular is the whole fanservice aspect which it throws around like beads at Mardi-Gras.
IMO it could have been a great anime but for the reasons listed above it fails.
I have not finished all of it, although near the end(5 epis left). I really cannot believe I watched this much into it. *shakes head*

kAi
Sun, 11-28-2004, 04:42 AM
been a while since anyone posted in here.

i thought this was funny, its just out there and wacky, yeah the whole harem thing has been done, but who cares.
well i thought this anime and manga was good.

Munsu
Sun, 11-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by: Himura_san
This has to be the most overrated anime on the face of the earth. The comedy factor relies on the main character getting constantly beat up by the females who live in the "dorm". This can be funny the first time you see it, after that it gets old real quick! Also their is no weight of reality in this anime basically anything goes! flying mecha-robot turtles!?! monkey girl turning into adult form??? a flying turtle?????
It's not even original since the whole concept of harem anime has been done before this.
The only thing that makes me think why this would be popular is the whole fanservice aspect which it throws around like beads at Mardi-Gras.
I have not finished all of it, although near the end(5 epis left). I really cannot believe I watched this much into it. *shakes head*

If what you like is the drama aspect of Love Hina... then you'll enjoy the specials that follow the 26 episodes and after the specials Love Hina Again...

animefreak
Sun, 11-28-2004, 11:19 AM
this is a very cool anime when i first watched it. i haven't seems the love hina again series yet, anybody know where i can dl the love hina again?

kAi
Sun, 11-28-2004, 12:21 PM
hmm, best bet would prob be suprnova, if not IRC.

Himura_san
Sun, 11-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

Originally posted by: Himura_san

If what you like is the drama aspect of Love Hina... then you'll enjoy the specials that follow the 26 episodes and after the specials Love Hina Again...

Thanks but I'm done with this show, besides I have too much on the plate already.
As for romantic drama/comedy I enjoyed what I saw of Kare Kano although I only saw 5 episodes.
I would probably continue with that one.

Libbypebbles
Tue, 11-30-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
They won't, the main concept of the show (Keitero and Naru getting together) was solved at the end of LHA. It would be pointless to continue, unless they wanted to show stories of their relationship, which would be dragged out and boring in my opinion.

I agree with you. I watched the entire season and all the specials and Love Hina Again. If they were to continue with the series it would not be as intriguing. I'd watch it of course but it would lose it's intrigue and the question everyone wanted to know throughout the series which was would Keitaro and Naru get together.
But another special wouldn't hurt.

TruthofMistake
Sun, 12-05-2004, 10:36 PM
hmm well love hina was good in my opinion but im one of those strange people that will watch any anime as long as its midly romantic which is strange cause im a guy but i enjoy others too i guess im just more exposed to these but from my experience id say mahoromatic is by far the best its so funny and.... legend of condor hero is godly i think someone finally finished the 1st season iv been out of it for a while though so i dunno iv heard nothing but good things though about maburaho and have been trying to get it for ages....

GuardianShado
Wed, 12-08-2004, 09:13 PM
i thought LH was kinda corny. the storyline's way too straightforward for my tastes. cmon, guy lives in an all-girls dorm, one o them is the girl he made a childhood promise to, and in the end he gets together with her. the manga had the same aspects as the anime except that it actually explained what the hell was going on (most of the time). it had the promise, the all-girls dorm, hilarity, then the semi-romantic ending. it was only enjoyable because of the comedic factors. ...except for naru knockin keitaro into the sky every other page =__=...that died after a while... but yea, only found it enjoyable because of the comedy, the storyline was too straightforward.

Rhanfahl
Wed, 07-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Didn't the manga end with Keitarou and Naru getting married or something like that? As far as the humor factor...come one flying turtles, and that crazy ass Kaola Su girl! It doesn't get a lot funnier than that. Then there was that anemic girl who reminded me of Hyatt from Excel Saga a lot. Its not the best anime/manga, but it certainly wasn't that bad.

XanBcoo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Manga reader here.
Yeah, the manga is much MUCH better than the anime, still not a favorite though. It also provides a SOLID conclusion for Naru and Keitaro's relationship. It's worth reading if you've seen the series.

But as far as romance goes, I'm more for series like Kare Kano and Fruits Basket meself.

MrTicTac
Fri, 07-08-2005, 12:12 AM
i agree with how love hina was corny,, but oh well *hurray* for the ecchi scenes ^^ ai yori aoshi was waaay more corny though

ChaosK
Sat, 07-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo
Manga reader here.
Yeah, the manga is much MUCH better than the anime, still not a favorite though. It also provides a SOLID conclusion for Naru and Keitaro's relationship. It's worth reading if you've seen the series.

But as far as romance goes, I'm more for series like Kare Kano and Fruits Basket meself.

the romance was concluded in "love hian again {OAV}"

XanBcoo
Sun, 07-10-2005, 02:20 PM
I've never seen Love Hina Again.
Does it show their marriage in that?

ChaosK
Mon, 07-11-2005, 04:17 PM
nah, it doesnt even go too far, his sister appears and tries to drag him home (step sister) like naru's sister did (is it me or do the creators have a nack for pissing of step-sisters?)

<u>spoiler</u>&lt;---if you miss this i cant help you...

Naru and Keitro end up riding into the sunset on seta's helicopter, a bunch of magic is involved with an old motel known as the "love motel" which has "magic" that can bond anybody together, and in the shadows keitro mistakes his sister for naru and tells her he wants to be with her forever.

(his sister is madddd insane, and tries to seduce keitro like every 5 seconds while naru always "accidentaly" interupts them.) its quite funny. (in the first episode all the girls get felt up by ...naru?!?!?! (or is it?)

/spoiler

(i did this for any1 who didnt want to read spoiler but still wanted to reply.)

XanBcoo
Mon, 07-11-2005, 04:20 PM
So in actuallity, the romance was not concluded as it was in the manga.

Rhanfahl
Mon, 07-11-2005, 11:04 PM
To be blunt...

NO

Why? Well, it leaves it more open that way, I mean nothing kills romance faster than marriage.

intense
Thu, 09-01-2005, 08:21 PM
hey.... i was just rewatching the love hina series again cuz im sooooo bored, and i happen to notice the line "It had three holes and i wanted one"
this line was said by keitaro and Su's brother. Any idea on what it is, or what the point of it is? hopefully this question can be answered!

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-01-2005, 08:36 PM
It's in the manga even more, but I don't think anyone knows what the hell they're talking about.

I always thought it was one of the funniest lines of the whole series though. Definitely one of those "WTF?!" moments.

intense
Thu, 09-01-2005, 10:09 PM
well anyways i just watched another episode, and the same line popped out.. grrr... im really anxious to what it means...
maybe its something really popular in Japan when the show aired or something, or maybe its a bowling ball, since they are pretty good in bowling?

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-01-2005, 10:47 PM
My 2 cents on Love Hina: overrated show which became too popular than it deserves because it came out at a point when the "lone guy surrounded by girls" type of anime was in low stock.

Lefty
Fri, 09-02-2005, 02:12 AM
I have to say that this series sucked , but the americain dub propels the suck assedness of the series into the stratouspherer(miss spelled i know). It just went off on such a horrid tangent from the original maga which was so much better.

Noir
Mon, 09-05-2005, 01:04 AM
1st anime I've watched without action, definately opened my eyes to the comedy genre of anime!

FelixZeroAlastor
Mon, 09-05-2005, 10:51 AM
I think that the manga was awsome but the anime...I'll just say that it was good.

XanBcoo
Tue, 09-06-2005, 01:13 PM
same here. The manga wasn't bad at all.

KaosSinner
Tue, 11-29-2005, 11:53 AM
I agree, manga owns anime. but Love Hina isnt a fantastic show either. I mean ur never gonna watch it or even read the story over again once you have doen it. This shows its not so great as many people claim it is. Gets boring at some point and its way too childish. The love story is also quite predictible. Nice manga otherwise.

Ryllharu
Tue, 11-29-2005, 12:43 PM
That's not that accurate of an opinion. I own most of the volumes, and my friends own the others, and I've read Love Hina probably 8 times through now, while waiting for the books of other series to come out. The series is a great read-over when you're looking for something to read quick.

I know that there are others that must do the same.

KaosSinner
Tue, 11-29-2005, 02:30 PM
maybe Im wrong. I normally prefer other animes such as FMA, Bleach, Aishteruze Baby, Speed Grapher and Mushishi. Theyre more interesting, thats why I prefer those. Well... opinions vary from person to person. I really Hate all those girls fooling around though. A bit of funs OK, but when theyre fooling around every 2 pages it gets me on my nerves. I specially like the ending, but as I said, there are other better animes.