PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 209 discussion *heavy spoilers*

chaos4ever4
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:42 PM
THE GENIUS OF HARD WORK IS BAAACK!!!!

frankly, i'm surprised that he got back into action so quickly, i was thinking he'd get back in the next arc or after.

Also, Sauske's out of the barrel now.

Now, we have a fourth fight (most likely) to deal with.

itachi_
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:45 PM
WTF!!!???, NOOOO!, is it true, did he survive the operation!?, damn, this sucks.

chaos4ever4
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Yeah. pg 17 says it all

I think the plot took a turn for the worse, though. I would have liked to see Naruto outnumbered, instead of having the odds evened out

Trip
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:55 PM
nah it will be Lee Vs Kimanaroanoan (sp?) and Naruto will chase after Sauske

Tofu #2
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:58 PM
man that sucks, now we wont know if naruto could have stood up to kimi.

hornetmike
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:59 PM
All right some major questions start rising here. alright it's all good that rock lee got here and looks completely healed. But forget his operation and all that. what i want to know is how he got to the others. i mean how'd he track the others down. and also why didn't we see him meet with the others first. they must have sent out a second team.

sangai
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:00 PM
seriously gai wouldn't send the newly healed rock lee out olone he would send another team out

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:02 PM
who cares how he found them YAY LEE IS BACK!!
damn kishimoto flipped the script on us I never expected Lee to come back right now, and damn I wanted to see Sasuke's face the hair looked cool

hornetmike
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah, but do they have one of the jounins with them?

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:07 PM
now let's see lee pull Initial Lotus on Kimimimaro and Naruto finish him off with a rasengan i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
naruto will probably go after sasuke, we might get the naruto vs sasuke fight in the coming chapters

chaos4ever4
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:09 PM
second team, eh? it would be interesting, since it would save neji and choji and possibly kiba to tie ends up pretty nicely in preventing a lot of characters from dying. but would the 5th really do that? who'd really lead them, and wouldn't kiba just stick around for help?

i think that Lee solo'd out on his own to catch up with the team.

Naruto chasing after Sauske.. if they do fight, Naruto's at a huge disadvantage. He's already gone through his bunshins.

ok. i'm thinking to much over a manga. need to get a life

hornetmike
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Man, this is great. sasuke vs naruto. sasuke's probably gonna want a rematch for losing their earlier bout. Also can Lee really take on kimi in a fight. kimi has got great speed too.

sangai
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:12 PM
but he took off

and how come he detransformed so quickly

did kimimaro says something to him

or did he fear going back to the leaf

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:13 PM
thinking too much about a manga isn't lifeless it's pretty healthy to fantasize about the upcoming chapters it's natural you start doing that because if you're really into the storyline you just can't wait for what's gonna happen next, i really hope inane translates this one fast because i can't wait to read this one

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:15 PM
i think he was totally transformed inside the barrel, i think he's heading for oro's place he probably wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible maybe he tasted great power in the level 2 form and wants more so i guess maybe he got power hungry or somethin

hornetmike
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Yeah, sasuke is probably on his way to Oro's because he's power hungry. Though i don't see how he knows the way.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:32 PM
sasuke has turned in the terminator he has been programmed to know the way i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:36 PM
this plot change was the best. couldnt have imagined something better. if naruto catches up to sasuke they will finally have a real fight. and im glad Lee came it was a really interesting plot change. i loved it. finally naruto can kick sasuke ass.

Hatake Kakashi
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:42 PM
KISHIMOTO!

Congratulations you have finally advanced the plot after 5 f*cking months!

Chi Chi
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by: hornetmike
All right some major questions start rising here. alright it's all good that rock lee got here and looks completely healed. But forget his operation and all that. what i want to know is how he got to the others. i mean how'd he track the others down. and also why didn't we see him meet with the others first. they must have sent out a second team.

but now it seems clear what Kiba meant with "They're coming"

chaos4ever4
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by: Chi Chi

but why run away?

Chi Chi
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by: chaos4ever4

Originally posted by: Chi Chi

but why run away?

Ukon was coming too.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:14 PM
konohamaru will rape them all

sangai
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:22 PM
well that was unexpected

seriously i wanna know what happened i pray for a speedy release by inane

this was truly a great chapter and i just am wandering if there was convo between kimimaro and naruto and sasuke

Winged Dancer
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:22 PM
OK, I don't know what to think. Here's what I understood with my .2 cents of japanese...

First, Tayuya is becoming even stronger and forcing back Shikamaru's justu with her chakra, while the jutsu is sucking Shikamaru's chakra. In other words, he still has to fight a little more. BIG SUPRISE, UUHH???

Then, Sasuke comes out of the barrel and looks quite ugly. He then proceeds to laugh like a maniac - he actually HAS Orochimaru's laugh, something like "FuKukukukukuku!!!", and Kukukuku means EVIL in japanese. Which is a little confusing since he used to be a good guy.

Then, Naruto getting his ass kicked. Well, no surprise there either, since he always does right before kicking the other's ass.
Naruto yells at Sasuke to go back, too, as if he didn't know Sasuke didn't want to. "Listen to my voice!", he says... Sasuke is still impersonating Naraku - Inuyasha's bad guy (KUKUKUKU!!) and runs away.

And then, just when Kimimaro goes "It's useless! Die!", Rock Lee appears out of nowhere - "KONOHA SENPUU!!", and kicks Kimimaro back.
Naruto demands an explanation:
"Thick-eyebrows... you... your body, how can you?"
and Rock Lee answers,
"That is not important, Naruto-kun. Let me deal with this guy - you, take care of Sasuke-kun."
Naruto speeds off.
Kimimaro thinks something like "This guy... he can..."
And that's all folks!!

Now, for one thing, I'm glad Rock Lee is safe.
For another thing, HOLY FAST RECOVERING FROM A LIFE-OR-DEATH SURGERY, BATMAN!!!!No, really. We had all the drama right before about how difficult the operation was, and how it was a 50/50% chances, and how the recovering would be hard and difficult, and suddenly he appears out of nowhere and kicks some as-strong-as-Sasuke guy!!

I mean, the "Rock Lee appears out of nowhere and saves the day" theory was proposed here as a JOKE. It was treated as a joke, no one thought it'd happen!!
...and there he is, the beautiful green beast of Konoha, Rock Lee da!!

What's next, Gai too? Orochimaru and Kabuto? Jesus...

....but I'm kinda happy Lee's fine.

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:29 PM
wow, so much for the gaara theory.....

anyways yay! Rock lee is back! now lets see some ass kicking!

btw, 18 pages is TOO short, i wish the manga was a little longer each release....oh well. cant have everything. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

sangai
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:30 PM
yeah maybe lee delayed the surgery and instead have his bones temorary healed so that he could help and hasn't had the surgery cause its only been what maybe a day since the group left and right before they left they talked to rock lee in his crutches

tsunade is one hell of a medical nin

Djangor
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:40 PM
GO ROCK LEE finnaly the lost son has returned!!!!!!!

but it shoulnt be so suprising since every genin so far has fought against some one whit some kind of same ability and kimmimaro does use taijutsu so its perfect for lee GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JusDaMan
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Ok over the past 5 months We can safely say that ATLEAST 8 hours in naruto world has gone by... And A normal operation in real world takes around 8 hrs to do and we dont got them chakra healing crap!. so tsunade did the operation in 4ish hours. then tsunade used her regeneration mole on her forhead and speed up lee's recovery! HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLYEAAAAAAAA that was mad good...

sasuke looks like that a fanfic SSJ5 wif the white hair and stuff...

Rock lee be like WHAT?! HEY KIMI TIME TO WOOP UR ASS! Open 5 gates Extreme lotus ON YO ASS NOW! wooha! open all 8 gates! ULTRA EXTREME LOTUS. Now we see the whole forest shaking. and kimi is like dang u mad good and falls

AlbinoFury
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:43 PM
maybe rock is moving on his will alone too, kinda like kimimaro. Makes for a better parallell between them than I thought. They better not cripple Rock again that would piss me off.

My guess is that Tsunades Jounin padawan got back and said holy crap crazy shit is goin down, so they sent out backup. I see maybe Ino helping out shika(since the chicks already held in place) maybe hinata helps kiba, and they have doctors back takin care of chouji and my dog neji! makes sense at least.

Hatake Kakashi
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:49 PM
He killed two birds with one stone in this chapter. Got Sasuke out of the barrel and we know at least one of the people who were approaching.

Perhaps Lee and Sakura trailed the group ever since they left the village?

sangai
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:57 PM
but that would mean lee still hasn't had his surgery and that he couldn't possibly stand a chance against kimimaro

ohh what would be crazy is sakura shows up with some actually good amazing skill something unique to her family(doubt it)

Toruxxx
Fri, 03-19-2004, 05:03 PM
dont make me laugh sangai sakura have a unique skill lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif but that chapter rocked! so glad rock lee is able to fight again.

sangai
Fri, 03-19-2004, 05:08 PM
yeah i started to laugh when i posted that it was merly a 1 in a 1000 chance

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Saske out of the clos...er, barrel... Who'd have thought it would be so soon...

Hotsuma
Fri, 03-19-2004, 05:35 PM
YES! OH GOD YES!! FINALLY!! I LOVE YOU KISHIMOTO!!! YES! FUCK YES!!

....Can you tell that I'm happy, people?

Hotsuma
Fri, 03-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Ahem. Now that I'm done celebrating.. What if this isn't Lee? It could be Gai, transformed as Lee. You never know. As much as Kishimoto wanted him to return, I also believe it's more logical that Lee's still in the hospital. Unless, Tsunade whipped up a miracle treatment to Lee - that's even better.

But, in any case.This chapter owned everything. Heck, even if that wasn't Lee, I'm glad that you got to see Lee again.

monkeyboi
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:02 PM
nooooo you ruiners!!!!!!!!!! when is inane coming out with 209

hornetmike
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Sakura, ha. Who the hell would bring her along on a mission. especially one this important. She has no useful skills, would get in the way, and is too emotionally attached to sasuke to do what needs to be done. Also i don't see any of the jounins nominating her for a mission. i would rather except the fact that rock lee came on his own.

BakaShinji
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Yea - I thought it was Gai at first.
But then it was Lee!!! I never really liked the guy - but this is great!

How did Lee heal so fast? Does it matter? Oh well, the idea that Lee was out of commission made this even a bigger surprise =).

Anyways wouldn't it be dope if the last scene in 209 went like this..

*Kimi raises his bone sword*
Lee: "So, your specialty is using bones... well my specialty is crushing bones!"
Kimi: "shit..."
*bone sword goes limp*

primalspas
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:11 PM
wow never doubt my foreshadowing skills, I called the rock lee thing a long time ago,

chaos4ever4
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by: monkeyboi
nooooo you ruiners!!!!!!!!!! when is inane coming out with 209

Topic Title: Naruto 209 discussion <u>*heavy spoilers*</u>
Topic Summary: Naruto 209 duscussion
Created On: 03/19/2004 02:42 PM

Destroyor
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Here my theory goes down the drain, boo. All the kage bunshin gone within 2 page, boo i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Did Lee really recovered? Or just put on some stopgap measure after the surgury had fail?

Next chapter: Despair!

Vicious
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:49 PM
i dont know about u guys, but im still giggling like a little girl over the outcome of the chapter.

well tahts just me, i have problems which im aware off...

/walks away.

btw, Sasuke is going to hunt after Itachi, i believe he used orochimaru to gain strength i doubt he's going to go after Oro.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Ya go, Saske...Kukukukuku!!!!

PSJ
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
Ahem. Now that I'm done celebrating.. What if this isn't Lee? It could be Gai, transformed as Lee. You never know. As much as Kishimoto wanted him to return, I also believe it's more logical that Lee's still in the hospital. Unless, Tsunade whipped up a miracle treatment to Lee - that's even better.

But, in any case.This chapter owned everything. Heck, even if that wasn't Lee, I'm glad that you got to see Lee again.

i knew from the first second i saw Lee in this chapter that you were gonna go crazy like this i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Winged Dancer
Fri, 03-19-2004, 07:47 PM
mmmh, you have a point.... it could be Gai disguised as Lee for all we know!!!

...yeah right.
His accent was Lee's and none others.

Now I'm getting a feeling that all in all, Sakura _may_ appear, but not with a jutsu or anything... instead, she might just kick Naruto out of the way (just because Naruto wouldn't dare to touch her) and help Sasuke escape, or she'd go overly-dramatic and say something like "You'll have to kill me if you want to go away!", which wouldn't work either because Naruto wouldn't let him touch Sakura...

So nope, I don't think Sakura will appear.
Maybe Shino...? If Lee can recover from a near-death surgery in half a day, Shino can come back from his mission and catch up with them as well!!

hyuga_hinata
Fri, 03-19-2004, 08:15 PM
OMFG!!! LEE!!!
Sorry, thats all I have to say, I'll have to try and figure out whats happening with Shika...

Insomniac
Fri, 03-19-2004, 08:53 PM
didnt Lees appearance strike anyone as stupid?

if Naruto doesnt stand a chance against Kimimaro at kyuubi how the HELL can Lee even hurt him

Lees just gonna get beaten on seriously

sangai
Fri, 03-19-2004, 09:00 PM
not so much as stupid but more or less a way to let naruto continue on to capture/fight sasuke

and alot of the time naruto isn't using much of kyubis power the seal prevents it and only allows a lil bit out at a time

so rock lee should be able to handle himself especially if he gots his speed back

and i wonder what would have happened if naruto did get hit with kimimaros bone sword i bet kyubi would have healed him and more chakra would have come out

mage
Fri, 03-19-2004, 09:18 PM
i bet lee is only here to make sasuke look good again

Insomniac
Fri, 03-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Lee couldnt even take on Gaara in original form, you're saying he has a chance against Kimimaro?

if he even puts up a fight the whole things stupid, especially after just coming out of an operation

Jman
Fri, 03-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Lee's back YOOSH!

oni roh
Fri, 03-19-2004, 09:56 PM
where the fkajdsviosjdaoj can i download this?!

Jman
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by: Come Come Paradise
http://XscanMAKINA.free.fr/naruto209.zip

i think a lot of u will enjoy this one ~_^

Thanks to Come Come Paradise for posting this link

Insomniac
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:17 PM
i know you're all happy that Lees back but unless this is DBZ he shouldnt be able to fight Kimimaro for long at all

Lees shown us what he has, and Gaara beat him down without even going into demon form.

oni roh
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:18 PM
thats the japanese one..... i thought it was translated?

Winged Dancer
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Well, Lee's appareance did strike me at kind of stupid, but my joy for the beautiful green beast of Konoha to be up and about kind of overshadowed it... for a while.

Also, I don't think we can really compare Gaara and Kimimaro in terms of powers... Gaara depended, above everything, on his sand, while Kimimaro seems to be much more of a taijutsu/weapon user. Given that Lee is an extreme taijutsu user with great speed (equal to Sasuke's, even superior without his weights), things shouldn't be as uneven as when he battled Gaara...

Remember that here in Naruto, there's (so far) nothing that can be considered absolute power. There's always someone who has an advantage over someone else, at least to some degree (YES, I know Itachi is all powerful cuz hes so kewl!!1!), just think of the Slug/Snake/Frog triad.... there's no absolute power.

So Lee might just be good enough to defeat Kimimaro... sure, he was just operated, but Kimimaro was practically dying!! Remember him, all connected to weird machines and all...?

(...even so, I still feel Lee's a bit out of place...)

Naruto_-_Kun
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:26 PM
OMG i jus read the chapter KEWWWWWL!!! seemed abit corny lee being back so quick but lookijng at it now it was a really nice plot twist seeing as things were begginging to get irratating in the story. I hope theres other nin coming with lee, who do u reckon woulda made up the other team?
i reckon shino should be there for sure as well as hinata sakura ino thatd be ok. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Insomniac
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:33 PM
"(...even so, I still feel Lee's a bit out of place...) "

may as well have had Sakura kick Kimimaro out of the way really, thats how big the difference in skill level has changed since Lee fought Gaara

oni roh
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:36 PM
man i got so pumped when i read this chapter that i drop kicked my mom right in the face!

lmao i don't think its corny at all, i love entrances like that.

and the thought of tsunade only temporarly recovering lee for the time being seems more feesable then the operation happening already and him being completely healed. THIS was seriously the best part of this anime/manga since the lee, gaara fight.

and btw.... i think lee would have whooped up on gaara, when he was doing the lotus with the gates open gaara quick used kawarimi when lee paused from the pain....... for some reason i can't see anybody surviving an attack like that lol. So maybe lee and gaara weren't as unevenly matched as we thought. (... well ... at least un-transformed gaara.. then lee would have just been f**ked.)

freaking awesome chapter... its been a while since this manga has literally made me scream in front of my comptuer screen while reading it hehe :-D

Insomniac
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:38 PM
if Gaara was in demon form Lee wouldnt have stood a chance, he only did so well against Gaara because Gaara was playing with him

Naruto_-_Kun
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Insomniac man why bag out the stroy line like that theres nothing really wrong with it. I mean u havent even read the explanation and your already saying how bad it is....if u really think that then maybe u shouldnt be reading the manga man lol seriously

Mgslee
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Dumb, Dumb, dumb... Rock Lee's return was just dumb... why you ask?

Simple because it came out from no where, atleast Kimi had some build up and foreshadowing to his arrival... Unless we get super flash back no jutsu immediatly in the next chapter Rock Lee's arrival is really lame imo...

Hes a great character and all but he really seems outta place...

hornetmike
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Well were not completely sure that Lee will be fighting kimi alone. naruto might help. or the ninjas from the other team could be on their way to help and he's stalling for time. But if he's on his own............ I mean i love Rock Lee but he'll get owned.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Naruto has to chase Saske... *yawn* Boy, that brat is annoying. Kakashi should have killed him right after he tried to kill Naruto. Just like the Sandaime should have killed Oro...They will all live to regret not having wacked kono kozo no yarou.

BakaShinji
Fri, 03-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by: oni roh
man i got so pumped when i read this chapter that i drop kicked my mom right in the face!

freaking awesome chapter... its been a while since this manga has literally made me scream in front of my comptuer screen while reading it hehe :-D
LOL HAHAHA LOL!!!
Yea I never really liked Lee- but his random entrance kicked ass!!!

It's what make's it so great - you didn't see it coming because everyone thought Lee was crippled and gone - long long gone, and it made everyone sad. Kishimoto did a great job making us feel like it was the end of Lee. But those of us who are wiser know that in a good story - the character who seems to be down for the count always comes back.

True, there wasn't any direct foreshadowing of this... besides the fact the author kept telling us "poor lee, poor poor lee, he's never going to fight again... poor lee" - wasn't it a great set-up???

I WANT TO SEE LEE CRUSH SOME BONES!!!

And doesn't everyone think ANBUpawn did a kick ass job on drawing up the Lee entrance? Dope as hell. Makes me want to learn paintpixel! I'm glad he/she/it strayed from the norm to get the coolest scene colorized! Sweetness! AHHHHH! I'm going to go dropkick my mom in the face now!!!

JusDaMan
Fri, 03-19-2004, 11:32 PM
narutofan.com has inane 209

sangai
Fri, 03-19-2004, 11:32 PM
nevermind someone beat me to it

or you can read it online at our site

www.degree-anime.com

TwisT
Sat, 03-20-2004, 12:02 AM
I can only say

OMFG OMFG OMFG..... LEE IS BACK.. This is the best chapter so far.. Damn what joy that was.. I was f***ing amased to see Lee so quickly but now it will be much better.. This was the best thing they could do..

<u>GO LEE!!!!!!!!!</u>

mage
Sat, 03-20-2004, 12:25 AM
lee says 'konahas proud azure beast has been reincarnated'. is this a mistranslation or do you think he is calling himself azure instead of green now for some reason? maybe he can use ninjitsu now and his chakra is blue?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-20-2004, 12:31 AM
he said it once on the anime, and I still don't know why.
Gai called himself green beast, which makes more sense. Still, I got that from the translation, so...don't quote me on that...

Hotsuma
Sat, 03-20-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by: Insomniac
didnt Lees appearance strike anyone as stupid?

if Naruto doesnt stand a chance against Kimimaro at kyuubi how the HELL can Lee even hurt him

Lees just gonna get beaten on seriously

It looks like Kimimaro's strength so far, is Taijutsu. And, that isn't exactly where Naruto really shines. So, I think Lee is a great match against Kimimaro.

Stupid or not, something big had to happen in the current arc of the manga - this is the remedy to an otherwise boring set of events of cliche fights and outcomes.

And might I add, Kishimoto, you dog, you!

mage
Sat, 03-20-2004, 12:34 AM
even though naruto has extreme power, he doesnt have the skill to fight someone like kimimaro. i think lee has the necessary skill. even kimimaro said 'hes good..'

Lithonite
Sat, 03-20-2004, 12:40 AM
im thinking Lee must have been in recovery when they Team left. if we recall he was with Tsunade and was telling her how he was gong to take surgery. they walked off together. its the 5th only explination for Lee returning to kick some ass, considering the said recovery and rehab was going to be a long and arduous.

Looking at the Sannin, we are still in need of a medical specialist to follow under the 5th. the other 2 are accounted for with Sasuke, and Naruto. wich leaves( assuming its a female, it kinda has to be all the males are dead, dieing, or going to 0wn3d- stay shino. ) Sakura, Hinata, or Ino . i really dont know suspect that Ino, or Hinata will get the spot. so someone had to heal the wounded or they really will be dead. since standards teams include a medical specialist. a rule the 5th was somewhat directly responsable for. It seems incredibly unlikely she sent out another group to go wthout one. most likely a jounin is with Lee, as at this point the the jounin team has return to kohona. reported that it was the crew with sasuke in the box responsable for owning 2 jounin. Then again Lee could have jsut not been able to contain himself and went out on his own...

only time will tell butim stoked to Lee back in action to say the least. i actually thought Itachi( from the forums not the story) prediction about Sasuke taking on Kimimaro to test his new strength was going to come true.

chaos4ever4
Sat, 03-20-2004, 12:50 AM
The more I think about it, the more something tells me that Lee isn't at 100%. Bad forshadowing imo. He might get gimped again.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-20-2004, 12:53 AM
BTW, kawai sou, Hinata-chan...still, unlike Sakura, she knows that Naruto is is sorta dense, but still likes him. Is it just me or Sakura is in denial of Saske lack of wits?
Hope Hinata-sama starts her ass-kicking career soon...

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-20-2004, 12:57 AM
Also, if Lee recovered that quick, maybe Hinata became a medical specialist in the same amount of time. Last I've heard of her, she was looking for a hobby and she *is* known for carrying meds around... Would be cool if she became a doc in a team...

XwingRob
Sat, 03-20-2004, 01:13 AM
Well, the whole Lee thing was definately unexpected...
I'm curious who else is going to come and save the day.

Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 03-20-2004, 01:57 AM
Kimimaro vs Lee will be a great match. He is more suited to fight Kimimaro than Naruto was. Plus come one guys...we alway knew Sasuke vs Naruto was gonna happen.

So right now we have four fights going on AGAIN!

Kiba vs Sakon/Ukon
Shikamaru vs Tayuya
Lee vs Kimimaro
Naruto vs Sasuke

Looks like their are still the Sound 4....

Winged Dancer
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:01 AM
Wow, everybody is happy for Lee!! GO LEE!! WE ARE ALL CHEERING FOR YOU!!!

And maybe he's actually dressed in blue now. In azure, I mean!! I don't know you, but I bet we'll be having a few colores pages soon - maybe one for each of the pending battles, two for Naruto vs. Sasuke...?

Yeah. I say, Shikamaru vs. Tayuya's real ending, Lee vs. Kimimaro and Naruto vs. Sasuke, the first pages in color. I'd like that, if only to see Lee's new color ^^

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:19 AM
Naruto should not only beat the crap out of Saske... he should also use the opportunity to get rid of him. Urusai no yarou, kono Sasuke.

khaodessy
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:21 AM
when everyone was saying how the 5th is going to teach sakura i said the only ones i see her doing anything for is lee and naruto since they both remind her of her brother and boyfriend. what i think she did was after the operation she placed the same seal she has on lee. ya his life just shorted a bit but his body would be healed in a matter of moments. but i dont think another team was sent out i think they went out on their own. and how lee and co was able to find them is because they did leave markers on the trees for neji and choji. but i got so excited when i saw lee. the last of the leaf's best 4 genins is back baby. now its lee's turn so prove that a loser can beat a genius since advance bloodlines seem to make you a genius by birth. also i guess the shadow neck bind wasnt the new jutsu shik learned since he said he has to use that jutsu. this generation of leaf are seriously power hungry. their rank, any data on gained on them is useless in a battle. i wonder if the 5th made any changes to lees body. if he is able to use jutsu now i bet he will still be more taijutsu based. this is like a luffy and zoro fight fist vs swords.

Y
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:29 AM
I'll go ahead and call it.

Assuming that Inane correctly translated "azure" there, that isn't Lee. Obviously.

Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 03-20-2004, 04:46 AM
I have seen it mistranslated as "Beautiful Blue Beast" before, so perhaps the kanji looks similar or something, I dunno.
Gai is the Green Beast, so maybe Lee is wearing a blue color now.

If it isn't Lee, then it might be Gai henged into Lee.

Hotsuma
Sat, 03-20-2004, 04:48 AM
I think Tsunade's super healing (instaheal w/a slightly shorter life span) only applies to herself.

I wonder what really happened during the surgery. This seems almost too good to be true. I'm also curious, as to why Inane translated his into as "Azure" (A blue color) over his usual "Green". Either the translation then was wrong, and, this is right. This is wrong, and that was right. That, or in worst case scenario, back then, it was right, and something's definitely going on behind the curtains.

Trip
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by: Hatake Kakashi
I have seen it mistranslated as "Beautiful Blue Beast" before, so perhaps the kanji looks similar or something, I dunno.
Gai is the Green Beast, so maybe Lee is wearing a blue color now.

If it isn't Lee, then it might be Gai henged into Lee.

A few people saying it could be Gai pretendint to be Lee, I really, really, really, doubt that it is, there is no reason for him to do so. The enimies don't kow who Gai or Lee are, so pretending to be Lee over Gai would give him no advantage.

bleh, anyway, Proud Blue Beast? looks like Lee is serious i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Also it mentions "has lee's body recovered already!?" so it's unlikley that Lee is back to full strength.

and one last thing; shika saying "it seems like i must use that jutsu", ffs! every1 has a super technique and a super special technique that screws themselves over to gain vicory. *yawn* it's getting boring quick.

ArazioN
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:20 AM
NICE NICE NICE i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif GO LEE YAY!! OWNZ0RZ COMIN i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

and i thought neck binding no jutsu was shikimaru's new jutsu? :S damn i agree that everybody got that super jutsu but ends up dead, that just suck

Sol
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:47 AM
lee fans rejoice. it's cool lee came back - but what's really important would be who came WITH lee...
be cool if there was ANYONE else..
I just hope they kill off that fruitcake orochimaru in this "final showdown"
naruto better start going nuts like he did against haku .... start going feral and tearing up sasuke - because i bet sasuke's going to kick his ass with a level 2 seal.
shit, if i were naruto i'd just summon gamabunta and have him step on his ass, then walk over and teabag that bitch-boy. stupid sasuke getting sucked into "the dark side"

probably going to be like -.. sakura shows up &gt; naruto and sasuke fight &gt; sasuke bests naruto &gt; sakura finds them fighting &gt; she pleads for them to stop &gt; sasuke knocks her ho3ass out &gt; naruto goes nuts and kicks sasuke's ass.
sorry, i can't help but fantasize about sasuke knocking sakura the hell out. she's so useless that all she can do is simply help piss off the main characters in one way or another.

obake
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:51 AM
Concerning the return of Lee:

How do we know it's Lee? Couldn't Gai have used the "henge" technique to throw off Kimimaro? Kimimaro seems insanely strong (stronger than a jounin?), and if Gai felt outmatched, perhaps he felt he could use Kimimaro's underestimation of him (as Lee) to his advantage.

EDIT: I hadn't finished reading the rest of the topic before I posted this. Having read the topic now, I realize that this has already been brought up. I think my explanation of why it might be so is unique, though, so I'll let it stand.

XwingRob
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:53 AM
Hmm, I believe the word in Japanese for green, also means blue too. Weird. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Sol
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:54 AM
nah gai wouldn't be outmatched by this kid. I think that's simply over analyzation. Time's probably past faster than we can tell. . or the operation was simple for tsunade - i'm sure they'll explain.
whatever the case, i can't see any REAL reason why it wouldn't be Rock.
I hope i'm right i'd like to see Rock in action again. =\

"The Reinforcement arrives with the gust of wind, but has Lee's body recovered already?"
^^ takin from the inane sub. and since it asks that question; it probably hasn't fully.

Himura_san
Sat, 03-20-2004, 06:00 AM
I am worried that Lee san has left without orders and is going to get himself permanently disabled or killed, just like you know who...

I am wondering if Kishimoto wants to introduce new characters and wants a clean slate? i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

PSJ
Sat, 03-20-2004, 06:14 AM
this chapter was slightly more interesting when you could understand what they said.....

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-20-2004, 06:25 AM
[quote]
Originally posted by: Himura_san
I am worried that Lee san has left without orders and is going to get himself permanently disabled or killed, just like you know who...

Nah, too many people like him, and I bet they'd be too pissed if he got killed...
I myself would be happy if he got rid of one particular character, but that ain't going to happen...
Lee is not my fav, but I don't want to see him killed, for one.

Power PMV
Sat, 03-20-2004, 06:39 AM
it doesn't work like that. Kimimaro is a taijutsu specialist so Rock Lee maybe a better match for him than Naruto. Naruto is a better match against Gaara cuz Naruto got the good ol' frog.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-20-2004, 06:55 AM
Don't see why Tsunade should teach Sakura. Never saw her trying to heal anyone, unless yelling Saske-kun is a therapeutic jutsu that I don't know of...
She should teach Hinata. She always has her medicine with her and is always ready to help others... And since almost everybody in that damn village has been told to help Sasky, and Hinata couldn't care less about him, it would be good to have one person to care about the *rest* of the Konoha people.

Himura_san
Sat, 03-20-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
Don't see why Tsunade should teach Sakura. Never saw her trying to heal anyone, unless yelling Saske-kun is a therapeutic jutsu that I don't know of...
She should teach Hinata. She always has her medicine with her and is always ready to help others... And since almost everybody in that damn village has been told to help Sasky, and Hinata couldn't care less about him, it would be good to have one person to care about the *rest* of the Konoha people.

I guess you messed the episode where she was healing both Naruto and Sasuke while at the same time defending them from the 3 sound nin in the preliminary chunin exams.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 03-20-2004, 07:47 AM
I give Kishimoto a thumbs up for doing a plot devlopment, but he's getting the thumbs down for the actuall development...
LEE? LEE? how the hell could a crippled guy get all the over there and still be in shape to fight? and if he's recovered, then the build-up for the operation was the most pathetic think Kishimoto ever did (including SAKURA!)... i would much rather see an half main characater, maybe Gai or Anko and Ibiki, they are all in approtiate fighting condition and their arrivial wouldn't seem so damn cliched...

Shikamaru's 'another final jutsu' talk was another bunch of crap, if he had even half of this amount of chackra doing the finals, then he would have been able to A. Bind temari to death and find a way to win. B. Bind every fucking sound nin who attacked the village.

As usual, Naruto is persented as the same idiot he was back in chapter one, just send out more and more clones, you'd think he'd learn something about clones after all the jounin fight he was involved in...

Sasuke's running away gig is nice, i hope he runs to Itachi (somehow he'll be able to find him), gets his ass handed over to him as usual, and then goes back to orochimaru for a few years.. but that won't happen since Naruto is after him, which means we'll have to see another long winded fight..

This arc is getting longer and longer while staying exactly the same, more one on one fights, more 'i'll use THAT jutsu' speaches, but even less caring from the readers (i stopped caring when Kiba stayed alive for more than a chapter), Kishimoto's only way for redeeming this arc would be to kill a mass of main characters, but he probably won't...

bhaa. i wish all the manga was out... i'm too addicted to be able to stop reading, but i'm getting dissapointed every chapter.

oh well, at least there's still a chance that Tayuya would be cool, but that's another long shot...

Kumiriko
Sat, 03-20-2004, 07:48 AM
eveone seems to think Stregth = winning not so simple. and if anyone is going to learn the medical ninja techs it has to be sakura. lets see. sasuka is basicaly studing under oro. naruto under jara and that leaves sakura to fallow in the footsteps of the last legondary nin.

Rock lee returning is a cool thing. has it only been a day tops since they left? it seems longer even if you can redgester that alot of the battles happed close to each other. Rock haveing a temp mend is possible. but even if it isnt temp there is a chance that kimi can manipulate other peoples bones. that be bad.

Evil Eyes
Sat, 03-20-2004, 08:10 AM
I never thought that Lee would appear during this fight. I think it has only two explanations:
A. Tsunade healed Lee temporarily to help the team.
B. She did the operation and used some kind of super duper healing jutsu on Lee.
In both cases I have to say Daaaaaamn... that lady is just toooo good.

Becks Gold
Sat, 03-20-2004, 09:30 AM
can someone post the link for the english chapter? i cant read japanese or whatever this is!!

OniChi
Sat, 03-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Well it seems weird for Lee to appear isn't it? How is it possible for him to heal super fast, unless he opened the healing gate. Also if it was coupled with the fifth's super healing technique then that would make total sense. However did you guys noticed that around Rocks eyes look darker. It probably indicates that he's going through alot of pain, possibly from not being totally healed from the operation.

Hopefully i'm not repeating any ideas from the previous post since it''s alot to read on a saturday morning i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Oh yeah you can get it at Narutofan.com

itachi_
Sat, 03-20-2004, 09:38 AM
I'm sticking with insomniac, lee shouldn't stand a chance against Kimimaro, unless he has learned a Uber-taijutsu technique like Itachi's not yet revealed tai-jutsu i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, hmm the first view of sasuke after he was out from that barrel he had white hair? looked like niedaime Sasuke with white hair, look-a-like 2nd hokage (http://itachi.mediahalo.com/image/fi88493d24.medium/naruto_ch209_p12.jpg) ... hmm Why didn't naruto summoned gamabunta, he obeyed him against gaara why not now?

EDIT: Too troublesome to start a thread about this, anyway, we're now on chapter 209, what anime ep is that, like 120 ?

Vagabond
Sat, 03-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Well like someone else said the only way I see Lee beating kimimaro is if kimimaro collapses in the middle of battle due to his sickness. But then again it's not like Lee was idle for the past month or so. Even with his injuries im sure he probably trained.

Also someone else must have come with Lee. (pretty obviousi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) Cause didn't kiba say something like "Why are they here".

Strider
Sat, 03-20-2004, 10:34 AM
With the return of Rock Lee, I too return ..

Veering from Insomniac's comments, Rock Lee against Gaara .. favors Rock Lee. Your sand-castle buildin' punk was fortunate for the victory thanks to Shukaku, not himself. However, I will agree with the statements on Rock Lee not being on par with Kimimaro, or so it seems.

Rock Lee is clearly my favorite character in the manga / anime, and I have complete faith in his skills. I do not think he has gone through a full recovery. He has had to gone through some type of surgery. This much should be obvious. Remember, the boy could not even walk, due to the heinous injuries sustained on his left arm and leg. Now, the Genin was leaping about, launching kicks and shizzle. Something happened in Konoha ..

And, considering not much time has passed since the team departed and the surgery was to commence, it is highly doubtful Lee has learned anything new. It would be nice, but unlikely.

As if it needed to be said, though .. I am extremely elated with the return of the greatest Genin, Rock Lee. Kimimaro does not stand a chance! .. Haw.

Ninja vanish!

PSJ
Sat, 03-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by: itachi_
I'm sticking with insomniac, lee shouldn't stand a chance against Kimimaro, unless he has learned a Uber-taijutsu technique like Itachi's not yet revealed tai-jutsu i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, hmm the first view of sasuke after he was out from that barrel he had white hair? looked like niedaime Sasuke with white hair, look-a-like 2nd hokage (http://itachi.mediahalo.com/image/fi88493d24.medium/naruto_ch209_p12.jpg) ... hmm Why didn't naruto summoned gamabunta, he obeyed him against gaara why not now?

EDIT: Too troublesome to start a thread about this, anyway, we're now on chapter 209, what anime ep is that, like 120 ?

he dont look like nidaime one bit. maybe you should check a pic on nidaime? sasuke hair is like its usually exept that he got more of it and a litte more spiky backwards thing. i think its stupid to summon gama bunta against a person whos the size of naruto i mean all the person need to do is jump on gama bunta and beat the crap out of naruto gama bunta cant attack the person when he stands on him. hope that didnt get to confusing.

Lithonite
Sat, 03-20-2004, 01:15 PM
First Death boo zo you sir are incorrect ab out Shika having 2 additional jutsu. we know he had @least 2 more jutdu as his father on 2 seperate ocasion makes refferance to teahing him new Jutsu. the man is a Genious i highly dought someone would have to teach him something more than once. Espcially if it is going to mean he is gonig to have to be nagged by a "troublesome woman" ( his mother )

as for Lee's return i dunno im a bit sketched out about this well. the only things i can think is Lee actually recieved surgery same day he told Tsunade he wanted to go through with it. this took place before the 5 Genin left after Sasuke. Meaning at the time they did leae Lee was already in his rehab stages- when Neji said something to the effect of"you have other things to worry about" when Lee said he wished he could go along.

last but not least. for all of thoose so gabbing about how trong Kimimaro is and how he beat kyubi Naruto blah blah blah. this is strong DBZ chakra lvls do not direct translate into actual fighting stength. this particular nivers and series a more dynnamic than that. certain fighting skillz and abuility are more or less efective in certain situations.

Only things tat sucks at this point is; for story to progress Naruto has to get beat silly by sasuske. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

RockLeeisHOT
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Do you guys remember how the 4 sounds had time to set up traps and were taking a relaxed break in the woods when Shikamaru and the group finally go to them? I'm pretty sure quite a bit of time passed, but Kishimoto made it seem faster to keep the story going. He's trying to not bore use all you know. I think it's been a while and Lee had the surgery.... and he's just skipping the rehabilitation stuff. BUT... there is the scary possibility that he skipped the surgery at the last second and used the wound gate to heal himself temporarily... in which case, he's going to have a hard time against Kimimaro...

Everon
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Ok I'm a little lost...

Shikamaru's learned not ONE but TWO jutsu's???!!!!! (sorry caps)
Kiba ran away from Lee?
Lee is BACK???????????????????????????????????? WTF WTF WTF WTF!
WTF is going on? Way to break all the tension Kishimoto! I was hoping to see Lee struggle in pain during his operation, but noooo you have him jump right in. I bet ten bucks that we're gonna have a flashback nojutsu on lee's operation. But its gonna be so anticlimatic since we know he comes out smiling like a dope.

Ah what the hell, Gai will probably explain that "YOUTH IS EXHILARATING!" and thats why Lee's back in action. I suppose that good enough for me.

go lee go.

Everon
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Question: Did lee have his operation already? Like waay back before Shikamaru made his Genin ninja team, and Lee was just wearing those bandages because Tsunade hadn't removed them from his operation. That would make so much more sense if he was recuperating and why he could get there so quickly.

AKFUGEN
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Well now that Lee is back, it opens the door for a 2nd rescue team, Im hoping Kakashi is part of that team, and Shino gets some action too! This could all lead to a final showdown with Orochimaru vs Konoha's best + Jiraiya, and a Naruto v.s Kabuto rematch! Finally the story is progressing somewhat, I'd hate for Naruto to drag on like DBZ did...

Ssj Bun Bun
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:30 PM
Frankly I'm a bit surprised, however very very happy to see Lee back in action. What I worry about however is that his healing is only temporary, and that the operation Tsunade was supposed to do hasn't happened yet. That puts him in alot of danger. If he is healed however, then the fight between him and Kimimaro is going to be a great one.

I still want to know how Chouji and Neji are doing, but if Lee is fighting, then Tsunade-chan may be close behind helping them out. My concern is Kiba... his reaction of smelling someone coming seemed to be that of fear instead of joy, which is what he would feel if he smelled Lee. I belive Gaara still may be on his way.

Now Naruto is after the new and obviously snapped Sasuke... He may have to break his word to Sakura after all. I would really like to see Rasengan vs. Seal 2 Level Chidori ^__^

So the question is... Where is Sasuke running off too?

1) - He's going to Orochimaru to be by his side - Likleyhood - Unlikley

2) - He senses Gaara nearby and is off to test his new abilitlies against someone who defeated him before. - Likleyhood - Depends on if Gaara really is nearby or not.

3) - He's totally snapped and is running about like a happy mad man! - Likleyhood - Rather High

4) - He can somehow sense where Itachi is resting and is cackling and off for vengance now that he is a Curse Seal Level 2 (But I think Itachi could still whip his ass) - Likleyhood - Not that likley, but cool if it is.

What do you all think?

Assertn
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by: Everon
Question: Did lee have his operation already? Like waay back before Shikamaru made his Genin ninja team, and Lee was just wearing those bandages because Tsunade hadn't removed them from his operation. That would make so much more sense if he was recuperating and why he could get there so quickly.

that would also explain why he said "I would also like to join" when they were gathering their group. Cause otherwise it wouldve made no sense for him to say that if he knew that his body was not functional

NoKKiE
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:48 PM
YEAH!! LEE IS BACK!! GOO LEEE!!! LEE LEE LEE

BurnHavoc
Sat, 03-20-2004, 03:16 PM
I can already see mass celebration from all my friends when I tell them (they stopped watching the show and reading the managa after Lee got crippled)

khaodessy
Sat, 03-20-2004, 04:55 PM
i still say a seal was placed on lee. but since kiba lost his fight i think another match up will take place. like him vs shino since both of them have something living off of them. all these click hanger endings is starting to get to me. i guess its safe to says choji and neji most of been taken back to the village.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:00 PM
the seal theory makes sense.
Yeah, hope everybody is all right. As far as I am concerned, Saske could go and marry Oro. I can't believe how many people got hurt on account of that no good ahodara.
I say, kill him and give his eyes to Lee-kun!!!!

mage
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

that would also explain why he said "I would also like to join" when they were gathering their group. Cause otherwise it wouldve made no sense for him to say that if he knew that his body was not functional

it makes perfect sense that he said he wanted to join them. he could WANT to join them even though he knew he couldnt. like if youre sick and your friends are going to an amusement park and you tell them 'i wish i could go'

Assertn
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:09 PM
yeah but people who say that dont say it with a big grin like that. Also he didnt say "i wish i could go" he said, "I also happen to know whats going on"....the former can infer that he acknowledges his inability to participate, the the latter sounds more like something a person who COULD participate would say. And when neji says "you've got other things to worry about"....it could just be that he knew lee had the operation and he still has to recover from it

mage
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:11 PM
maybe neji meant that he had not had the operation yet and that was what he needed to worry about

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:13 PM
That's what *I* meant i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:18 PM
actually i was wrong, reading through it again tsunade asks if lee's sure about the operation shortly after the genins leave
but maybe he still spoke with confidence that he would soon be recovered with the operation?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:22 PM
there's abasloutly no chance that lee has already undertaken the surgery... you know why?

A. Lee has begen the surgert at chapter 184, so he still has a long recovery to go through.
B. the mission was dispatched at 5 AM, the current hour is about 5-6 PM, so even if the surgery is over, he still needs to cover 12 hours of movement...
C. the operation involves opening up his spine, he'd be crippled in a wheel chair for a while...

i hope that something happened and tsunde couldn't perform the surgery at that moment, so lee took the initative and ran to help. or maybe it's an akatsuki attack and tsunde ordered him to keep naruto as farther away from the village as possible.

anyway, lee should have been under the knife right now if he would have really taken the surgery....

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:36 PM
It's all very fishy. I worry if Lee went there on his own, even without the operation. That's why, for me the seal theory is the only one that makes sense right now.
Also, Lee is somebody who doesn't mind damaging his body, how did Neji call him? Hot-blooded? It's really worrysome if he went there before the operation and without anybody's permission.

chaos4ever4
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:51 PM
i don't think people in the world of naruto may perform surgeries with a knife. kabuto is for one

AlbinoFury
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:53 PM
i dunno he was walking with a crutch earlier, and he called himself reincarnated, so therefore he had to have something that brought his ability to fight again back to him. most likely the surgery.

I mean after all this is ninja stuff not real life stuff, in real life surgery takes a long time, and recovery takes a long time too. However in the world of naruto ninjas are able to do things very quick, thus he prob had the surgery but isnt fully healed yet, or maybe he soldier pilled so that he could go fight after the surgery.

Either way he better not fuck up his body again or itd just be annoying.

Also i have a feeling he is not alone, because kiba sensed more than one person, thus i think some definite backup has arrived. More than likely shizune came back and told Tsunade what was up after she finished the surgery, she got some back up maybe worthless sakura, another doctor maybe, and hmm who else, maybe shino just back from a mission, or ino going to help out shika. more than likely Rock overheard them saying what was up and he got up and said, "bitches im goin too, and gai gave him the smile and thumbs up."

Either way the probable back up will probably consist of shizune(tsunades pupil) rock and some other ninjas weaker than rock, cause he went for the main battle while the others are prob doin other stuff.
Also they will need someone who can track them because rock has no real jutsu's so he probably wouldnt be good at tracking people down since hes just a brawler, so i guess hinata with a byakugan or kibas sister maybe with a dog, who knows.

Also its possible that rock caught up as well as others, after all they were held back in that chakra sucking jutsu for awhile, they stopped several times, and most likely the sound nin didnt travel in a straight line because they had pursuers. Plus rock is just fucking fast as hell so of course hed be the first to arrive.

wow thats long, hehe

Gabo-san
Sat, 03-20-2004, 06:30 PM
It's funny, before i read it I was just talking about the fact that Lee's been out of commission for waaaaaaaaaaay too long. Also, i felt sorry for him because it seems like since the gaara fight there have been less lee fans and more shikamaru fans.

i wonder.. if lee caught up to naruto, you think he would've passed at LEAST one of the other genins, well maybe he did and we just don't know it yet. i guess we'll have to wait and see i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

One thing though, if Lee gets seriously injured or even killed I will be REALLY pissed!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Ninja world is not real, but it has to have some coherence, otherwise, people would be pissed. For example, I like Haku, but if he'd came back, I'd be pissed, cuz the guy is dead...

Assertn
Sat, 03-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
there's abasloutly no chance that lee has already undertaken the surgery... you know why?

A. Lee has begen the surgert at chapter 184, so he still has a long recovery to go through.
B. the mission was dispatched at 5 AM, the current hour is about 5-6 PM, so even if the surgery is over, he still needs to cover 12 hours of movement...
C. the operation involves opening up his spine, he'd be crippled in a wheel chair for a while...

i hope that something happened and tsunde couldn't perform the surgery at that moment, so lee took the initative and ran to help. or maybe it's an akatsuki attack and tsunde ordered him to keep naruto as farther away from the village as possible.

anyway, lee should have been under the knife right now if he would have really taken the surgery....

where did you find the time of the mission dispatch and the current hour?
keep in mind that lee could prolly travel at least like, 5x faster than the other genins, and there have been multiple stops for all the various conflicts the sound guys have ran into. What concerns me is the way lee was being vague and saying "dont worry, naruto" when he was asked about his body

BakaShinji
Sat, 03-20-2004, 08:57 PM
A few points to make...

#1. Kiba said there were others that he smelled. If we assume that he wasn't refering to Sakon and his bro, it must've been someone else he was afraid of - because he said "Why are THEY coming this way." I would go with the theory that it is Gaara and gang - since Kiba would remember them from the Chuunin exam way way back.

If this is true - I would like to see Gaara kick Sakon's ass, because we all know how the Sound village backstabbed the Sand Village. Finally - Gaara killing someone we don't like (Shigure we liked...).

#2. Lee is the Proud Blue Beast, and Gai is the Beautiful Green Beast. It was stated somewhere way back when they were off somewhere. I remember reading it in the manga. And I do believe green and blue are separate colors in japanese - they have similiar sounds and traditional characters I believe. Japanese people aren't colorblind.

There is also a color pic of Lee wearing his old green uniform by Anbu-Pawn in the inane translation. So I don't think he changed to a blue uniform. Like I said - he was always the blue beast, and Gai was the green beast.

#3. Lee vs. Kimimaro. Kimimaro is probably barely Jounin if we compare him to the other Sound-4. He could probably take on any of them single handedly - but not all of them.
so.... 2 Leaf Jounins &lt; 4 Sound with lvl 2 seals --- Kimi = 2 of the Sound-4? (keep in mind Kimi has yet to use his lvl 2 seal, if he has it)
We all know Lee's the #1 Genin, haha. Well Taijutsu skill wise. The only reason he didn't beat Gaara was because of Gaara's dumb luck - and Kimi hasn't really done anything extraordinary except dance around like a fairy, sounds like Capoera or Wushu. Shaolin vs. Wushu ... nice - let us see who wins.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-20-2004, 09:19 PM
Capoeira fought with a razorblade can be deadly. Take a walk on the streets of Salvador, Bahia and you may change your opinion about it Kimi i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Still, he'd have to be a bit more tanned to be actually good at it...

Winged Dancer
Sat, 03-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Ok, a kanji-inclusive analyzis of Rock Lee's appareance...

Ok people, this is Rock Lee, not Gai, not anyone else unless that anyone else was perfectly copying Lee's accent, way of speaking and pose.
Its possible, of course, but I just don't think so. Think of when Shikamaru henge-ed into Jiroubu, he got the looks perfectly well, but was discovered because of his accent/way of speaking.

Concerning that... accents and dialects are VERY important in Japan. Someone who talks in Tokyo dialect talks very differently from someone with a Osaka dialogue or Kansai dialogue and so forth.
Naruto speaks with a think, bad Tokyo dialect... for instance, instead of "nai" or simply "ai", he pronounces "ee", and adds "datte ba yo" all the time...
Rock Lee has a very correct way of speaking, and uses "kun" at the end of boys name, and "san" for the girls. Even when he refers to Kimimaro he does so in a very formal manner... also, Lee uses "kimi" while Gai uses "omae" when refering to someone else.
(Kimi/Omae - Both mean "you", but "omae" is ruder)

Finally, Lee definitely introduces himself as the reincarnated beast of Konoha. There are two confusing kanjis here:
Utsukushii - Can mean both "proud" and "beautiful" at the same time, so I'm assuming Lee has always used it.
And...

Aoi - Aoi means Blue. However, the kanji Kishimoto used was not the normal kanji for Aoi... "aoi" would be just the furigana (special reading given to the kanji), and I cannot say the true meaning of it. For all I know, it could well enouogh mean "azure" or a darker tone of blue, but my points here are...
1) Lee's definitely not introducing himself as the green beast anymore
2) He's not really the blue beast either ^^

I also checked the anime episode 31, when Lee saves Sakura from the Sound trio, when he introduces himself (seems Lee loves doing Konoha senpuus and then presenting himself...), the subtitles clearly say "The beautiful green beast of the Hidden Leaf... Rock Lee!", but what Lee says is different...:

"Konoha no utsukushii aoi yajyuu... Rock Lee da!"
Meaning, literally, "The beautiful blue beast of the Hidden Leaf... Rock Lee!"

So, all in all, it seems that BakaShinji was right and Lee has always been the Blue Beast. Why was it translated as green then, when the kanjis clearly say "blue" and the cartoon does as well?
Beats me.
Why does Lee wear green, too? Shouldn't he wear blue? I assume that's because of how much he admires Gai.
But still doesn't make that much sense...

So I'll be assuming that Lee is not going to change his uniform (we wont know for sure until the anime catches up), but I'm also firm in that Lee is Lee, no one is henge-ing as him.

And that's all I have to say regarding Lee's color!!
Wasn't that a waste of time? Yes it was!! Now perhaps I'll try investigating something that's worth it!!
But now you know, kanji problems? Can't decide whether your favorite character is being himself or if someone's posing as him? You think someone changed his/her look without consulting you?
You know who to call!!

BakaShinji
Sat, 03-20-2004, 09:51 PM
just watched 31 (anbu's version)

it says beautiful blue beast ^_^. Maybe Toriyama's world got it wrong?

I'm not sure if the green and blue have anything to do with what they wear...
Maybe for Gai, he wanted a green uniform to match his name - but when they went to look for the same make and model for Lee, it only came in Green.

Well - we'll know if there are different colors later when Gai gives a set of the Lee suit to Naruto =). Maybe his is orange?

Winged Dancer
Sat, 03-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Most probably!! I though I had Anbu's version, but nope! It was Toriyama's World. How did something so easy went trough them? And so VITAL, too? I have lived in delusion. Rock Lee is not green, but blue!!!

::Runs away crying::

Oooh, I'm so looking forward for when Gai gives Naruto his jumpsuit and Naruto actually thinks of wearing it until Jiraiya tells him he'd rather die than be seen with someone in that suit.... it might just be one of my favorite (humorous) moments in all of the manga.

MightyDustLoop
Sat, 03-20-2004, 10:16 PM
If that's not someone using a transformation jutsu to hell with this. Just toss in some dragonballs and start wishing lee healed and kages back to life already.

Oh wait, apparently there's already a jutsu for that...

Raven
Sat, 03-20-2004, 10:28 PM
While I think it's cool that Lee is back, doesn't anyone suspect that Kishimoto might have thrown this in just to gather some of his lost fans due to the current arc being stretched out?

I mean, he did just pop out of nowhere.

"Oh no, they're losing interest, this arc is too long. What can I do? Meh, I'll chuck Lee in, that'll keep 'em happy".

Just kidding, I know he's most likely had the entire story planned out for ages. But it's worth a thought. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

oni roh
Sun, 03-21-2004, 12:19 AM
i dont' think its so unbelievable as everybody thinks that Lee has undergone surgery and recovered already. The only thing that makes me think otherwise was what tsunade was saying about the surgery before the genin took off on the mission. BUT i have come to the conclusion on a couple things....

1) Tsunade really doesn't think too highly of herself. Back in the Kabuto fight she said that maybe he had more skills then her in her prime or something like that, and i think that was already proved wrong when Naruto basically served it to him.

2) Similar to 1 Tsunade is a lot more skilled then she thinks. She has amazing healing abilities and is one of the legendary nin's. Its not so unbelievable for me that she could perform the surgery on Lee and have him up and about in no time. Givin that we have all come to the conclusion that Lee is in no way FULLY recovered, but i do think its possible he already had the surgery.

3) ALSO one thing that i myself have already forgotten. Everybody already said that Lee is nothing really special when it comes to being a ninja. No special bloodline, not a genious, can only do taijutsu, etc. But Kakashi also said back in the 3rd rounds pre-liminaries that Lee is no ordinary person to be able to open 5 of the 8 gates. Maybe Lee is alot more powerful of a ninja then we give him credit for.

And Lee coming in to whoop some Kimi ass was probably the ONLY thing that could save this arc for me. It just made it a 0329523908320958095328032958 times better when he popped up i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

khaodessy
Sun, 03-21-2004, 01:46 AM
i see it like this now naruto has to fight sasuke because he not going to go back willingly. so naruto going to have to force him to return and with no one around to stop them its going to be an all out fight. with kimi naruto seem a bit worried because ya the shadow clones is a good way to test your oponents abilities but for not even one to land a hit showed naruto that he was no joke.

Assertn
Sun, 03-21-2004, 01:49 AM
i remember there being a discussion about whether lee actually was a "blue beast" or a "green beast".....i think the general consensus was that blue was incorrect, since both of them sound similiar and could easily have been mistaken, and the fact that he's wearing green would make more sense for him to be "green beast" anyway.
As for the people suggesting lee is gai in henge.....all i gotta ask is.....why? What would possibly be the point of gai pretending to be lee. All that does is confuse the good guys, as the enemy prolly has no idea who lee nor gai really is. It would just decieve his allies, and what's the advantage in that?

Mordo
Sun, 03-21-2004, 02:30 AM
Well Kiddies i belive that Sasuke has to get away right now. I belive that kimmarono or however you spell it can keep naruto and lee busy for a bit so sauske can get away....

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 02:40 AM
Sasuke off to find Snake-boy, Naruto willl follow, Lee will take care of Kimi.

MisterBigs
Sun, 03-21-2004, 02:43 AM
Could it be that Kabuto is going around looking like Lee???

It is obvious that Lee could not have had the operation, recovered and caught up to Naruto. Naruto, Kiba, Shika have been going non-stop since they left the village, so at best Lee had to have left the village four hours after they did. I think its someone impersonating Lee and we know that Kabutos job was to study the Leaf Village.

Winged Dancer
Sun, 03-21-2004, 02:53 AM
Meh, we'll be having Naruto vs. Sasuke sometime soon. I bet next chapter'll be Kimimaro vs. Lee, and maybe the next one too. Then we go to Naruto and Sasuke, and there'll be much staring and yelling, and then we'll again have

"NARUTO!!!"
"SASUKE!!!"

(Add "AKIRA!!" and "KANEDA!!!" for humor... unless you haven't watched Akira yet.)

And much fighting. And while it'd be better for the plot if Sasuke got away, I want to see Naruto kicking pretty-boy's ass.
However, I think that'll end with lvl 2. Sasuke vs. Half-Kyuubi-ed Naruto, and maybe, just maybe, if Naruto goes completely berserk (like he did when he was fighting against Haku), Sasuke will be the first one to see the half-reincarnated Kyuubi and not die...

...or maybe he will die after all. Ha ha ha ha. Yeah right.

obake
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by: XwingRob
Hmm, I believe the word in Japanese for green, also means blue too. Weird. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Nope. Green is "midori," and blue is "aoi."

hatashi17
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:14 AM
Naruto vs. Sasuke huh? They've been teasing us so long, its kinda surreal. I wonder what Sasuke will do next. If I got new power, where would I go first? I KNOW! I'd go see my darling admirer Sakura! But I guess thats as bout a big a chance happening as Yondaime being Nauto's father...........right?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:36 AM
Saske is such a waste of time...As this Japanese kid told me today, aniki...suge aho da...
Let Oro have him, and have Sakura go look after yelling we don't want to see your face anymore or any of her powerful jutsus...

Hotsuma
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:42 AM
"He's a big idiot" is what the kid was saying, I believe.

I think the Oro arc is about to come to an end, soon. I seriously think he's at the end of his rope. He's done everything he can to hang on. It's time we move onto bigger, and better things in the manga.

Automaton
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
As for the people suggesting lee is gai in henge.....all i gotta ask is.....why? What would possibly be the point of gai pretending to be lee. All that does is confuse the good guys, as the enemy prolly has no idea who lee nor gai really is. It would just decieve his allies, and what's the advantage in that?
That's exactly what I thought. On the whole issue of Lee, my atitude is, Lee is my favorite character in the manga/anime, so, even though not everything makes complete sense, he's there and fighting and thats good enough.

MightyDustLoop
Sun, 03-21-2004, 04:20 AM
Though someone going henge may make little sense, it makes very little sense to me how a person you saw in need of life threatening surgery in the morning shows up the afternoon fighting with a new technique. Learning a technique in his injured state? Makes about as much sense as Gai going henge.

My guess is it's Sakura. What better way to put her in a pivotal role (FINALLY). Plus she fully knows what Lee looks like, wants to help, and knows Naruto would stay behind if he saw her fighting.

Yep, it's totally out there, but it makes a lot more sense than Lee to me.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-21-2004, 04:41 AM
*He's a big idiot*
I asked those two boys if they were brothers, and then asked if the oldest looking was the aniki. He said yes, but the ototou added that line...
Yeah, I was more shocked that the aniki himself, who was there, and just kept playing go in his gameboy...
Still, Saske suge aho des... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

itachi_
Sun, 03-21-2004, 06:56 AM
Was sasuke in cursed seal level 1 or 2?? because his hair was white he really look kinda ogre at first sight.

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-21-2004, 07:22 AM
Neji-Aniki-sama: What in the name of Mario Kart 64 are you talking about?

And Lee rocks. (Muhu @ Pun)

Trip
Sun, 03-21-2004, 07:58 AM
ok, ok, I just had a thought.

What if Tusnade (sp?) was lying to Lee, infact he was always going to be fine, she just wanted to stop him putting himself in danger, so gave him an ultimatum which would either make him stop, or prove he was worthy to keep being a ninja?

Death BOO Z
Sun, 03-21-2004, 09:02 AM
actually, the doctors in the pre- fights said the same, so he is in a bad condition...

but still a nice thought

KakashiSensei
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:31 AM
I for one am one of the Happy folks to see Lee back. To quote BlackKnight

I shit myself when I saw Lee. Even Kimiaru said this guy is good.

YEAH GO LEE

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Go Lee-san!!!!!! Yeah, why WOULD Gai henge into Lee? Thats just weird...
Maybe that's Hinata-chan...

Winged Dancer
Sun, 03-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Nah, Hinata is way too shy to be Lee.
Lee is Lee people... I already did half-an-essay on that, so I wont insist anymore. In what I'l insist though, is that I want to see Sasuke getting beaten, and I'm perhaps one of the two people in the entire world who would like to see Sakura getting a bigger role and... well, I just want her not to be so useless, and THEN get a bigger role.

Also, could we _please_ keep the fan-japanese down...? Its bad enough that 75% of the fanfiction out there has it, do we have to incorporate it in the boards already...?
Or at least spell it properly. Its "desu" and not "des", it doesn't matter how it sounds...

chaos4ever4
Sun, 03-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer
Oooh, I'm so looking forward for when Gai gives Naruto his jumpsuit and Naruto actually thinks of wearing it until Jiraiya tells him he'd rather die than be seen with someone in that suit.... it might just be one of my favorite (humorous) moments in all of the manga.

What chapter was this in the manga? I don't seem to remember....

oni roh
Sun, 03-21-2004, 02:57 PM
hahaha that was so funny

its right after jiraiya/sasuke/naruto meat kisame and itachi in the hotel and gai shows up drop kicking jiraiya because he couldn't see clearly on the other side of the wall with his headprotecter LOL!

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:00 PM
Fan Japanese?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Neji-Aniki-sama: What in the name of Mario Kart 64 are you talking about?
Nan da, temee, Did you just call me kisama?
Nothing really. I just called Saske a big idiot and later, put the phrase in context... that's all. No biggy...

hatashi17
Sun, 03-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I thought it was Gai too! Then I did a double take and flipped back pages. I guess the fifth (godaime right?) healed him up real well.

sangai
Sun, 03-21-2004, 04:15 PM
she had to of created like a special healing jutsu to help him heal so fast cause i don't think he could recover so fast unless he got the surgery and this is a temporary fix so that he could help naruto and them out

im still wondering who the other reinforcment is cause the title the reinforcments have arrived meaning more than one person

Everon
Sun, 03-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Ok three possibilities I see:

1. Tsunade is uber good at healin, Lee is uber good at speed, so catching up to them is no problem.

2. Lee already had his sugery before the Genin team left and was just recovering at the time, even though he had his crutch and bandages on he probably doesn't rely on it as much. He decided that he was in good enough condition to help his friends.

3. Lee is still injured, he somehow got temporary boost in power (whether it be opening a gate or eating a couple of those soldier pills). Lee wants to protect Sakura from any pain, emotional or physical - even if its screwing up his chances of being a ninja again Lee came out to help.

Lee is lee, there is no reason why someone would do a henge (unless its a really stupid diabolical plan made by Orochimaru)

PSJ
Sun, 03-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by: sangai sakusei
she had to of created like a special healing jutsu to help him heal so fast cause i don't think he could recover so fast unless he got the surgery and this is a temporary fix so that he could help naruto and them out

im still wondering who the other reinforcment is cause the title the reinforcments have arrived meaning more than one person

i dont think tsuande would create a temporary thing she wouldnt do that to lee, if it is a temporary ultra painkiller or something he will still take damage even tho he wont feel it. i think the genin team might have been out longer than we thought. she could have started the surgery after she had told shikamaru what to do, finish it in a couple of hours. how long would it take for a sennin that specializes in healing jutsu's to perfrom even a hard surgery?

Winged Dancer
Sun, 03-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Gai is so cool ^^
That whole part when he enters and kicks Jiraiya by accident always makes me laugh, and just imagining it completely animated... aaah, I can't wait!!

Hai, fan-japanese desu. Totemo baka-na koto da yo... honto ni, urusai yo, omae-tachi. Watashi-tachi wa america-jin to eigo wo hanaseru-jin dakara, eigo dake hanashimashou!!!!

In plain english, "Can we all speak in english please??" Or perhaps I should start writing random words in spanish too?

Hokage_Naruto
Sun, 03-21-2004, 04:38 PM
I have a preety good idea that the next re-inforcment that its Gaara. It seems to me that Gaara has a score to settle with Oro considering that Orochimaru killed his father. And since Gaara has "seen the light" thanks to Naruto helping that he really is not alone. Plus he might try and help out Naruto settle the score or get Sasuke to see the light also.

Or maybe even just to surpise Lee, help out lee with the fight with Kimimaro. I know somewhere in the next couple of manga episodes that Lee is going to say something like "My body hasnt healed to its full potential yet" Or "Damn, the healing jutsu Tsunade performed, hasnt taken its full effect"

All I know that the majority of the people I know thinks that the next re-inforcement is Gaara. Otherwise who else would it be?

Then again I didnt think Rock lee would be back soo soon, I dont think anybody did. So Kishimoto has good storytelling skills.

itachi_
Sun, 03-21-2004, 05:18 PM
What are you guys talkin' about, Lee has recovered from the operation and is back on track, getting started for a fight with kimmimaro, you don't have to argue about that..

Toruxxx
Sun, 03-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by: Hokage_Naruto
I have a preety good idea that the next re-inforcment that its Gaara. It seems to me that Gaara has a score to settle with Oro considering that Orochimaru killed his father. And since Gaara has "seen the light" thanks to Naruto helping that he really is not alone. Plus he might try and help out Naruto settle the score or get Sasuke to see the light also.

Or maybe even just to surpise Lee, help out lee with the fight with Kimimaro. I know somewhere in the next couple of manga episodes that Lee is going to say something like "My body hasnt healed to its full potential yet" Or "Damn, the healing jutsu Tsunade performed, hasnt taken its full effect"

All I know that the majority of the people I know thinks that the next re-inforcement is Gaara. Otherwise who else would it be?

Then again I didnt think Rock lee would be back soo soon, I dont think anybody did. So Kishimoto has good storytelling skills.

It could be Shino he might of got bk from his mission with his dad and tsunade asked him to go along and help them. i dont think Gaara will come but would be cool if he did.

chaos4ever4
Sun, 03-21-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer
Hai, fan-japanese desu. Totemo baka-na koto da yo... honto ni, urusai yo, omae-tachi. Watashi-tachi wa america-jin to eigo wo hanaseru-jin dakara, eigo dake hanashimashou!!!!

O_o. scary. i think i've been watching too much anime. as cool as it is, i think i understood more of that than i wanted to...

Uberbaka
Sun, 03-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Ok, I haven't read through the topic.. But for some reason I don't believe that it really is Rock Lee... Just the way he said that he didn't want to explain how he was healed, in anime everyone usually freezes in time while someone explains something =P... I dunno, someone in disguise? Who? I dunno, why? I dunno either. But that's just a feeling i got while reading it.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 03-21-2004, 06:50 PM
i wrote the times becuase.
- when the two chunins find sakura, they say it's 4 am, then they go to Tsunde which sends for Shikamaru, and she gives him half an hour to gather as many genins as he can... you can ~ it up to one hour - 5 AM.
- the sound four say that half a day passed and that it's nearing dusk, dusk is anywhere between 4-8 PM(depending where are you from).
- Lee talked with tsunde after the genins left and she asked him whether he was sure he would like to take the operation even if it can kill him.

Lee's appearence is complete crap becuase:
~they had a mad buildup towards the surgery, ever since chapter 90 something, so having him back to action right now is totally anti-climatix ("hey guys! i was out of action for 14 volumes, but durning this off time one on one boring fights you had, i was able to get my spine fixed, and was able to recover my body good enough to run to you all!").
~the whole idea of this arc was to have the five genins battle the sound alone, and to have some focus on them all, not to bring in uber guys to deal with them, Kimi was bad enough...
~Kimi has to be a badass at some point, his build up made him out to be as good as kakashi at least ('perfect heir to a perfect bloodline', 'hokage assaination easy' etc...), at most, he's above Sasuke's level (remember what the sound four said?), so he can't lose now, and if he won't lose, then Lee has to get it. and no one wants to see lee hit the dirt again..

about the henge deal, let's go through the possiblites.
= Kakashi or gai: immpossible, both are away on missions.
= Gaara: he isn't the guy to use henge, and he doesn't know taijutsu well enough...
= Kabuto: the only 'reasonable' option (under my insane conspiracy theory), he wants to check himself against Kimi, and he knows the Sasuke can take care of Naruto easily...
one of the four jounins= shouldn't have the power to transform, and won't want to go alone after the sound four incident...

anyway, it's nice to see that lee's back in action, but he can't do anything to help the plot right now...

Everon
Sun, 03-21-2004, 06:50 PM
The more and more I'm thinking about this, the more I think Lee is moving his body with his sheer will, just like Kimmimaro is moving his ill body with his own spirit.

Kishimoto enjoys making mirrors with everyone. Gaara "monster of the sand" v. Naruto "monster of the leaf" similarily the Oro and Jiriaya rivalry and the Naruto and Sasuke rivalry

Toruxxx
Sun, 03-21-2004, 06:51 PM
but why would some wanna be Lee to fight kimi maybe he just couldnt be arsed to tell naruto coz sasuke was running off he might explain in the next chapter.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-21-2004, 07:05 PM
In plain english, "Can we all speak in english please??" Or perhaps I should start writing random words in spanish too?
As Genma said to Neji: ...taku.

mannerbear
Sun, 03-21-2004, 07:10 PM
OMFG LEE J00 RULE ROCK ON AND KICK ASS LOL i/expressions/devil.gif i/expressions/devil.gif

Winged Dancer
Sun, 03-21-2004, 07:15 PM
Everon is right... if Kimimaro can move his body by willpower alone (he was near dead, remember?) why can't Lee do the same? Lee is the master of willpower and hard-work, and no one can deny that.

I hope the other reinforcements we are all waiting for is not Gaara. Gaara has nothing to do here. He hated his father, therefore doesn't really have a reason to kill Orochimaru. Kishimoto himself has said it already; Gaara was created to prove that while he had family and had been "loved" at some point, he couldn't trust anyone and turned out worse than Naruto, who had no one until later on his life.

Besides, this is all happening at least a month or even two after the chuunin exam. Gaara must be at the Wind Country already, and he must be busy trying to redeem himself... since it seems Naruto showed him the right path to follow.

And I keep myself firm on the fan-japanese... no need for it.

Kurapica
Sun, 03-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Very nice episode indeed, good to see Rock Lee back in action.

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 07:45 PM
Lee tried the whole will power thing already. (the push-ups, remember?) It didn't work.

khaodessy
Sun, 03-21-2004, 09:42 PM
i still go with lee has a seal on him. the 5th must of caught him him trying to leave to help out his friends and gave him away to help out but it will have a cost. and that seal has a great cost because just how the gates destory the body her seal shortens your life. so lee have them both does go well. he will be able to live through opening the gates but his life span will shorten in the process

Winged Dancer
Sun, 03-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Aaagh, this is all getting to a point that makes me feel like pulling a Cartman and scream "RESPECT LEE'S F***ING AUTHORITY!!!!!"

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-21-2004, 10:29 PM
I've heard somewhere that the operation would give him power to do Ninjutsus and stuff... Guess it's wait and see, now.

BakaShinji
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Gaara's the other reinforcement. Sand's out to get Sound back for the Kage-cides. Why would Kiba go "WTF, MATE, Why are they coming here? *splash into water*".

And I think yea - maybe the surgery was already done when Lee gathered the gang for the mission. Lee was just recouperating. And it makes most sense, like Khaodessy said, Tsunade could have done her Jutsu that stole your life for healing power thingy on Lee.

BOOM!

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:29 PM
It doesn't STEAL your life, it shortens it. Cells can only replicate a certain number of times.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 03-22-2004, 12:30 AM
Why would Gaara go after Oro? I don't think he exactly *loves* his father, to begin with...

Everon
Mon, 03-22-2004, 12:34 AM
I wonder if Sakura came too?

Insomniac
Mon, 03-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Sakura belongs there as much as Lee does so maybe

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 03-22-2004, 02:04 AM
Now, let me get one thing straight. Sasuke is a nuke(missing)-nin, isn't he? Why does he get special treatment? All other missing-nins get hunting-nins to go after them and kill them.
So, why every decent and loveable character in this manga is going after him to *save* him?

Hotsuma
Mon, 03-22-2004, 02:14 AM
Sasuke is a main character in the series, Neji-aniki. That overrides the Konoha code of missing nins.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 03-22-2004, 02:41 AM
Touche! LOL

Assertn
Mon, 03-22-2004, 03:07 AM
I've heard somewhere that the operation would give him power to do Ninjutsus and stuff... Guess it's wait and see, now.

how could you have heard somethin like that? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Mgslee
Mon, 03-22-2004, 03:38 AM
Here are some theories

First the Rock Lee ones
1) All Lee needed was a surgery that would remove the bone fragements from his spine right? Well why not just get a Byakugen master (or even hinata) to percisely hit them and destroy the fragments? the surgery would be done in no time and Tsunade can heal people quickly or Lee could just open the life/wound gate or whatever..

2) The surgery failed and Lee is now a ticking time bomb, with the last of his energy hes gonna help the others (maily to make Sakura happy) hes opened up gates and is about to fight (kimi is in a similar situation as well... would make for an interesting fight)

Rescue Team Thoeries
1) The team consists of Lee, Tenten Shino and Shizune. This team makes the most sense imo.. all fighters and what not. (Ino, Sakura and Hinata would never be part of the team imo)

2) Shino's mission was to track down Sand nins. The reason is that the Leaf need help (they are short handed) and the Sand pretty much owe them a war debt for surrenderring. Its quite possible we could see Garra joining the fight but not on his own free will. Hes getting forced to help so to speak

And those are my theories...

Hotsuma
Mon, 03-22-2004, 04:32 AM
Man. If Rock Lee bites the dust after fighting Kimimaro, I'm seriously gonna stop reading the manga. The dude easily has the most style in Naruto, and him being gone is a big-ass loss for the series.

For the love of the fans, don't kill off Lee, Kishimoto.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 03-22-2004, 04:41 AM
how could you have heard somethin like that?
Actually, I didn't hear it, I read it in some Naruto site. Sorry if I can't quote the precise source, I've been in tons of sites before I found the right ones to download the manga and the anime...

EpoC
Mon, 03-22-2004, 05:19 AM
Lee rocks

Hakeem_21
Mon, 03-22-2004, 06:46 AM
Now, let me get one thing straight. Sasuke is a nuke(missing)-nin, isn't he? Why does he get special treatment? All other missing-nins get hunting-nins to go after them and kill them.
So, why every decent and loveable character in this manga is going after him to *save* him?

I dont think they want to kill the last of Uchiha clan in Konoha since Itachi isnt a konoha man anymore.
Second with his sharingan and his potential to become a great ninja,they will need him along with Naruto,Neji(if he is alive),Shika to protect the village when the current generation is too old.

Man. If Rock Lee bites the dust after fighting Kimimaro, I'm seriously gonna stop reading the manga. The dude easily has the most style in Naruto, and him being gone is a big-ass loss for the series.

For the love of the fans, don't kill off Lee, Kishimoto?

He cant kill Lee cause he is one the best characters in the show and as you said it wouldn't as good without him.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 03-22-2004, 09:58 AM
well, this is the problem with lee's appearence.

If Lee beats Kimimaru, then it means that Kishimoto's story telling and foreshadowing ablities are CRAP. Lee couldn't be back to normal so fast and kimi can't be so damn weak...

If Lee loses to kimimaru, the it's either that Lee dies and Kishimoto loses readers and respect, even if lee survives (kimi decides to go after Naruto and stop him before killing Lee), then it still makes the story seem like CRAP.

there's no way for this fight to end well, i can't see LEE runing away (since he is lee) or Kimi dropping dead suddenly (it was established that Kabuto and Oro believe he will bring Sasuke no matter what), and i don't think anyone new can drop into this fight and tell lee to go save naruto...

heres a thought, gaara will come and say:
"Lee, stand back! you don't have a ghost of a chance against a foe who reeks of so much blood. I, Sabaku no Gaara, Sand's third division captain, will be he's opponenet"

it's from RK first OVA, when Saitou comes to fight Kenshin instead of Okita ("Okita, saretey-uo!"), my friends are kenshin addicts', so i'm one as well...

seriously, though, can anyone come up with a fitting ending for Kimi\Lee fight? an ending that won't make Kishimoto seem like a total idiot?

Stoopider
Mon, 03-22-2004, 10:34 AM
I dont disagree that Sakura would probably be around. Rock Lee wouldn't be alone. So, Rock Lee, with the medic jounins attending to the injured Neji, and Chouji. Sakura would be running around looking for her beloved Sasuke.

What I predict would happen = Naruto Vs Sasuke.. I personally don't see Naruto possibly winning Sasuke. Although Naruto is potentially stronger than Sasuke. It's just the way it is. Naruto would end up getting defeated. And Sasuke would then try and kill Naruto after Naruto does his talking stuff. In which Pops comes out Sakura all tears in eyes begging Sasuke not to do it.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 03-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
What I predict would happen = Naruto Vs Sasuke.. I personally don't see Naruto possibly winning Sasuke. Although Naruto is potentially stronger than Sasuke. It's just the way it is. Naruto would end up getting defeated. And Sasuke would then try and kill Naruto after Naruto does his talking stuff. In which Pops comes out Sakura all tears in eyes begging Sasuke not to do it.

won't that make this whole arc amount to CRAP? what you're describing means that the last 25 chapter were absaloutly a useless waste of time, where nothing changed and nothing happened.. it also means that we were idiots for taking all of the genins 'heroic' actions to heart...

so far, Naruto didn't have any random events (such as Ranma 1\2 fiancee kiddnappings, or Inuyasha's super demon appearence, or YYH tournament fight), it seemed to be all going in a straight line towards a goal of some sort, and having Sasuke come back won't do anything...

besides, Sakura already did the teary eyes thing on Sasuke, it probably won't work again, which means he'd had to kill someone present, he can't kill Naruto since naruto's the main charecter, and he can't kill Sakura since she hadn't reached her goal yet in the story...

the whole point of this arc was to have the five genins battle the sound four and sasuke, bringing kimimaru out from nowhere was bad enough, considering he wasn't mentioned even once before this arc... Lee's appearence means that Kishimoto doesn't want to change anything, and wants to turn this into a DBZ\YYH\Inuyasha\Ranma SHIT that could go on forever without having anything new in it...

itachi_
Mon, 03-22-2004, 11:15 AM
won't that make this whole arc amount to CRAP? what you're describing means that the last 25 chapter were absaloutly a useless waste of time, where nothing changed and nothing happened

If you think about it, what has the anime contained, from episode 22 until 66-67 it's been this chuunin exam, pretty damn dragged out... we need more things to be revealed...

Mut
Mon, 03-22-2004, 04:40 PM
i didn't bother reading any of the posts in this thread cuz i'm on a -56k since i'm home for spring break. yes, negative 56k, that's how slow netzero is.

anyway, the chapter was pretty good. my thoughts:

1. shika's fight needs to be over. shikamaru will either start spitting some game at tayuya or just be like "BYE" and get the hell out of there.
2. i don't think lee is one of the "visitors". i think kiba is too far away to smell anything and he has the smallest chance of being found. so i think the visitors are still some bad dudes.
3. i guess kimimaro is a taijutsu oriented guy so matching him up with lee is good. probably gonna be an awesome fight.
4. really gay how sasuke didn't even bother turniing around.
5. naruto will probably catch up with sasuke but sasuke is still gonna manage to get away.
6. the surgery on lee happened too quick and lee recovered way too fast. yes, tsunade is the best medic, but the operation was suppose to be a 50/50 live or die thing. i know it hasn't been more than half a day since we last saw lee (right infront of the gates and left in the morning), but no way he should have caught up with naruto. the operation could've taken several hours, but no one is gonna recover that fast enough to show up without any bandages or scars or even look remotely tired. i think it's complete bullshit. either rock lee skipped the operation (which i doubt) or he's a saiyajin with a rejuvination chamber. bullshit.

but rock lee showing up and introducing himself in that pose was pretty fucking cool.

Haku no Fuyu
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Please poeple, go easy on the DBZ stuff (or, rather, just stop).
Answer to number 5:I LIKE how Sasuke didn't turn around. Gives me something to look forward to seeing, his level 2 that is.
Answer to number 6: A new kind of soldier pill perhaps?

sangai
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:17 PM
yeah whats with the hate on dbz in my book it remains one of the greatest anime's ever

but yeah the chuunin exam has been dragged on for quite a while its nice to have this change all of the sudden

Raven
Mon, 03-22-2004, 08:16 PM
well, this is the problem with lee's appearence.

If Lee beats Kimimaru, then it means that Kishimoto's story telling and foreshadowing ablities are CRAP. Lee couldn't be back to normal so fast and kimi can't be so damn weak...

If Lee loses to kimimaru, the it's either that Lee dies and Kishimoto loses readers and respect, even if lee survives (kimi decides to go after Naruto and stop him before killing Lee), then it still makes the story seem like CRAP.

there's no way for this fight to end well, i can't see LEE runing away (since he is lee) or Kimi dropping dead suddenly (it was established that Kabuto and Oro believe he will bring Sasuke no matter what), and i don't think anyone new can drop into this fight and tell lee to go save naruto...

heres a thought, gaara will come and say:
"Lee, stand back! you don't have a ghost of a chance against a foe who reeks of so much blood. I, Sabaku no Gaara, Sand's third division captain, will be he's opponenet"

it's from RK first OVA, when Saitou comes to fight Kenshin instead of Okita ("Okita, saretey-uo!"), my friends are kenshin addicts', so i'm one as well...

seriously, though, can anyone come up with a fitting ending for Kimi\Lee fight? an ending that won't make Kishimoto seem like a total idiot?
There are ways....

The one that I believe most likely will happen is that they'll exchange blows for a while, and somehow Lee will become trapped or incapacitated, and Kim will say "you're not worth my time, my real goal is the Uchiha" or something, and he'll leave to chase after Sasuke and Naruto.

Or alternatively, someone else (an ally) will rock up besides Lee, and Kim will be outnumbered, causing him to run away.

In any event, I see Lee surviving without too much injury, and the same with Kim. Probably with Kim escaping/running for whatever reason.

You're right though, there's no way Lee can die or be seriously hurt, and the same goes for Kim, because the buildup is too big for both of them.

Himura_san
Mon, 03-22-2004, 09:11 PM
For all Lee fans, its time to pay your respects cause I doubt he will be left standing after fighting Kimimaro. I have much respect for Lee but I doubt that he has even had surgery, I believe last minute he decided to take off and sacrifice himself for the good of Konoha!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that when Naruto asks "why, what about your body?", Rock Lee just tells him not to worry about it. If he had successful surgery and was healed he would at least hint that, but it seems that is not the case.

Jman
Mon, 03-22-2004, 09:19 PM
I doubt...well I hope Kishimoto doesn't be an asshat and cripple Lee again. Such a waste of a good character won't go over too well.

Insomniac
Mon, 03-22-2004, 09:35 PM
the fact is most people didnt even like Lee till he was presented as the struggling character.
also, introduced Lee to fight Kimimaro was such a dumb idea...

there is no way even if Lee uses the gates (WHICH HE SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO AGAIN) that he is going to beat Kimimaro if Naruto couldnt even lay a hand on him when he was using basically the most kyuubi power that he EVER has.
not only does Kimimaro have a 2nd cursed seal level but he was the strongest out of all the sound nins.

so far the only sound nin to actually win their battle has been Sakon, which is pretty damn stupid.

BakaShinji
Mon, 03-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by: Haku no Fuyu
It doesn't STEAL your life, it shortens it. Cells can only replicate a certain number of times.

ok sorry my bad. I didn't want to get technical and bore you but here goes.
yes you're right, your cells are limited in divisive cycles by the fact DNA degrades at the ends when your polymerases copy the strands during mitosis. However, all cells have inherent telomeres that replace the uncopied strands naturally in cells. This is why cancer cells and stem/germ cell lines can divide theoretically infinitely.

asleep yet? anyways. Gaara theory.

Why would Gaara go after Oro? I don't think he exactly *loves* his father, to begin with...
Sand and Leaf already signed a truce. It said way back in episode where they buried everybody and everybody was wearing all black. They're not tracking down sands anymore - it said so. It said they were more worried about reinstating the next Hokage and upping the Leaf's strength again.

It would make the most sense that Gaara and gang are off on a mission by Sand to get revenge for the country. Why wouldn't sand be pissed after finding out Sound backstabbed them? And who's sand's perfect killing machine? Gaara - yay - perfect guy for the job. Plus I'm interested in seeing what Gaara's like now after facing Naruto. Maybe he'll turn into a sappy Rurouni - must atone for my sins character. haha - not likely. and i hate those kind of guys. So full of themselves *kenshin/vash* cough cough..... ah well... can't expect writers to come up with original stuff anymore.

Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
You're right though, there's no way Lee can die or be seriously hurt, and the same goes for Kim, because the buildup is too big for both of them.
Anyone notice the trend and theme of all these chase Sasuke and beat up sound overrated Sound Four characters? Both parties get posterized!!!

Lee's gonna get posterized, and so's Kimimaro. Their futures are death - my sharingan has foreseen it (and we all know how accurate that is...)

Neji's going to be the only one that survives this arc - and they're gonna rename the series to Neji.

Insomniac
Tue, 03-23-2004, 12:50 AM
why the hell would they send Gaara after Orochimaru?
thats pretty damn stupid.
so after losing their hokage they're going to lose their best weapon, yes thats a real smart idea.
think about it for a second why dont you? Gaara stands about the same chance of killing Oro as Sakura ending up with Jiraiya.

Gods_Son
Tue, 03-23-2004, 12:55 AM
If Orochimaru could kill the Kazekage, Gaara has no chance against him. It would only make sense to send Gaara after Orochimaru if they were still tyring to have him killed, otherwise that would just be retarded.

p3psi
Tue, 03-23-2004, 01:43 AM
How long in fact have they been chasing the sound five?
I've predicted like 7 weeks ago that itachi and shark face would have kidnapped naruto just before he gets wasted.
For that bone arm guy to say that rock lee was "good" was really odd, cuz when naruto went ape shit his chakara would
have been like 100 times greater than lees.

someone else in animesuki forum thought of this too, that lee is probally really itachi.

also, lee would have came across fat ass, neji, probally not kiba, but definatally shika. but lee didnt
help shika as we could see....

Kumiriko
Tue, 03-23-2004, 01:52 AM
why dose eveyone think that kiba jumped into the water to hide because he smelt someone new. wasnt he in a bit more of an admedinant danger?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 03-23-2004, 04:07 AM
Neji's going to be the only one that survives this arc - and they're gonna rename the series to Neji.

You have great foresight. But, I will add this... Neji will survive thanks to Hinata's medicine and after renaming the series Neji they will rename it Hinata-sama. Neji will give up trying to be the #1 byakugan guy, Hinata will be recognized as the true heir of they Hyuuga, which in fact she is, after all. Then, Naruto will be the Hokage and will marry Hinata and they will rule over Konoha and live happly ever after.

Kumiriko
Tue, 03-23-2004, 04:37 AM
with sasuka as there man Servent?

Tenkei
Tue, 03-23-2004, 06:08 AM
I see a lot of people are no saying that it's entirely pointless for Lee to have come out and fight Kimimaro, when it's a lose-lose situation. Now -- apparently there's going to be one other person coming into the fight. Assuming Kiba was talking about Rock Lee and someone else.

So, if he was -- my best guess as to someone accompanying Rock Lee? I would say .. Gai. I haven't seen it mentioned before this, but, well - let's see. Let's say that Rock Lee's operation -was- a failure, and he's going to die. Don't you think one of the last things he'd want to do would be something along the lines of doing a mission with Gai? Hm.

Seems like it's -possible-, although as unlikely as some of the other stuff.

However .. Lee coming along with Gai seems like the most plausible thing in my mind. Since I Don't think Lee can beat Kimimaro and still keep the story intact. Not only that, but if he dies now, bringing him in at all seems rather .. well, I dunno. Saving Lee, and then killing him off the next chapter.. XD

Anyways. ^^ I still think it could be Gai. My guess is they would have taken just about the same route as Shika and the rest (Though I don't see why we don't see them pass Shika) - Gai could have helped Neji (I'm a little doubtful with Chouji), get back to Konoha quickly, and that's why he hasn't arrived yet.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. But Gai seems like the only logical person who would come with Lee and still be able to beat Kimimaro without messing up the story.

Uchiha-Sasuke
Tue, 03-23-2004, 07:13 AM
If Lee beats Kimimaru, then it means that Kishimoto's story telling and foreshadowing ablities are CRAP. Lee couldn't be back to normal so fast and kimi can't be so damn weak

Dont forget, Kamimiaru is sick, i think...

But also lets not forget an important thing..How many times will Lee bite the dust ? He did in the Forest in Chuunin exam, he did in the Preliminary Matches...and now too ? This is just getting ridiculous, i mean come on.. Rock Lee is clearly one of the most favourable charecters in Naruto, and yet they keep downgrading his reputation... Its sick when people say "Man sasuke is strong"..and u go "Lee &gt; ALL"... the easiest reply goes "stfu Gaara owned his a$$ and same with sound nin's...what a lamer hahaa"

Rock Lee has to put up some kind of fancy show...although, the thing we all agree on "48-50 are teh best epidodes in the series"

itachi_
Tue, 03-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Lee has a big chance against Kimmimaro, It's just it... he have learned some new move from tsunande (hopefully) or from gai, and he will not give up his struggling when he have come this far.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 03-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Itach_, plz go find a bucket of ice cold water and stick your head in it...

now, if you are done with the sucide attempt, let me tell me why you're so damn wrong...

Havning tsunde both operate on him and teach him a new cool jutsu during the TWO DAYS she has been in the leaf (and a few hours since the operation started) is as far fetched as having Sakura learning from her anything usefull during their ONE meeting (tsunde: 'she's been visiting each day', Sakura: 'she's beutifull...' BAMN! Sakura isn't so usless?).

Gai isn't in the leaf anymore, he left last night to a mission (otherwise he would have been there to walk the genins out or to be with lee in the operation).

third of all, this isn't YYH or something, have you ever seen anyone in Naruto pull a 'my new move wins' stunt? the only time i can recall is during the FIRST chapter, where naruto won thanks to his shadow clones, but since then, no new move alone won a battle...

Kimimaru might be sick, but both Orochimaru and Kabuto (a medical nin, even though you can argue about his motives) have no doubt about him retrieving Sasuke, and thier judgement about ninja condition is probably better than almost anyone else. and if you haven't noticed, kimi just displayed two (three) of the dances against more than 200 Naruto kyubi clone, and he has yet to spit out one drop of blood, do you seriously believe that fighting one LEE will be so much harder?

Lee's only accepetable method of such a fast recovery is some sort of super pill, but that means he's going to pay the price later on (even if kimimaru doesn't kill him), and that would just suck... and having lee beat down Kimimaru is even stupider than naruto doing so, at least naruto had some resisting chance (thanks to the fox) and had a motive to do so, but Lee is just there cuz someone made him appear there, he turned this whole fight into meaningless beside to see who's stronger, which makes the whole build up (of both of the character) entirely useless!

Lee better not be lee, i hope they show us the real lee in hospital next chapter, and then in the chapter after that, reveal 'lee' to be one of the bad guys, prefferably Kabuto, but also Itachi is ok. though i can't see why he should have any intrest in this fight, espically while if he wants he can get Sasuke to go after him just by revealing himself, but it can open up the whole 'itachi isn't bad' buisness, which is also mighty cool.

itachi_
Tue, 03-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Well you have guts that's for sure, troublesome to writhe that much...

Stoopider
Tue, 03-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Lee's only accepetable method of such a fast recovery is some sort of super pill

Aren't you guys forgetting about Gai's Wonder bitter pau's?? If you eat them everyday you will get well!!!

Harageki
Tue, 03-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Lee`s back!

awesome.

As for people saying its `Gai` or `Kabuto`...wha?? that flies right past me. Its just a really silly concept..why would Gai even feel the need to transform into Lee? 0-o..as for the Kabuto thing, I doubt he knows something like the Kohona Senpu (sounds weak, I know; Kabuto is extremely strong, etc. However, I`m not saying he couldn`t have learned it - I`m saying its highly unlikely, because that particular move just happens to be Lee`s unofficial `signature` move. Also..Kabuto must have stalked Lee to be able to carry out Lee`s whole style/personality, and, by some strange coincidence, use that particular move that Lee favours.)

If this does happen tho...I`ll eat my words, and smach Kishimoto over the head for such a dumbass thing to do, getting everyones hopes up that Lee`s back.

Anyway, I think its quite safe to assume that it IS Lee. The big question is if he`s recovered or not/had the surgery. If he hasnt..ugh. Fighting with Kimi is bad enough at full power; fighting him on will alone, in a crippled body, could easily mean he would die. Something thats interesting is when he says `This guy is good.` Obviously Lee`s pretty awesome; His Taijutsu just rocks. But coming from someone who Naruto cant even touch (with Kyubi kage bunshin) is hella praise. Either he`s somehow become even better then before (how, though...in such a short space of time?) or his skills in Taijutsu are just underestimated.

*shrug*

I`m just happy he`s back...cant wait for Kimi vs Lee. I`ve been looking for a pure taijutsu fight for aaaages..and considering the characters...awesome.

Kumiriko
Tue, 03-23-2004, 02:24 PM
he dint stop training after Garaa trashed him. he could have kept his phyical up to par with the limitations he had and he could most likely study thery of new moves and skills. so becomeing alot stronger in that time is possible. Odds are he has the heal gate open contantly now. I am hopeing he went thought the surgury and healed fast but there is a good chance he will die from this. His popularaty has just sky rocketed from the Chunin Exam.

sangai
Tue, 03-23-2004, 02:24 PM
i think lee still hasn't recovered yet and is still recovering and is only there to delay kimimaru and help naruto recover sasuke

what would really suck if kimimaru just tottaly owned rock lee and killed him or just put him back into his previous state.

Winged Dancer
Tue, 03-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Given that Lee is part of the rescue mission now, he'll end up half-dead... again... like everybody else. Either that or he has a temporary solution only and is bound to end up half dead anyway.
My bet is that Lee vs. Kimimaro will end with Kimimaro dying (because he's moving by willpower only) and Lee _almost_ dead. The rest of the back-up team will arrive and take him back home to completely heal him.

chaos4ever4
Tue, 03-23-2004, 03:02 PM
well, i certainly do hope that lee does win this fight (if it does happen). however, i wouldn't be surprised if he loses.

imo, lee is supposed to be symbolic of undying determination and spirit, even in the face of terrible odds and defeat. i think that's what makes him so likable.

Riskable
Tue, 03-23-2004, 06:13 PM
I can't believe no one thought of this, but...

You know those bone fragments in Lee's spine? All the medical ninjas kept saying, "You can't be a ninja in your current condition" blah blah... What does that have to do with a messed up hand and limping on one leg?

It's probably more likely that those bone fragments in Lee's spine were what was preventing him from doing Ninjitsu/Genjitsu before. It's just his fight with Gaara drew attention to it when the medical examiners had a look. Opening gates of chakra doesn't necessarily create random bone fragments throughout your spine. It could've been a remnant from his childhood or something (and we all know how this manga loves to revert back to childhood scenes).

Tsunand probably fixed Lee's spine and gave him a newfound ability to release/control chakra like never before. It goes back to the whole arm/leg weights thing. Since they were holding him back before, taking them off makes him super strong/fast. Think of the same thing except for chakra. It reminds me of the 5-finger seal Ochihomaru placed on Naruto that made it difficult for him to control his chakra--a reoccurring theme in the series.

As for where Sasuke decided to bound off to, I have no idea. He probably thinks that with his newfound 10x chakra ability he can kill Ochihomaru to test his strength. However, it's more likely than not that Sasuke and Naruto will end up facing off against Kabuto and Ochihomaru together than having the pair fight eachother again.

To add further speculation, in the middle/after the fight with Kabuto/Ochihomaru Gai and Kakashi will show up as well as Itachi/Sword-wielding guy (whose name escapes me at the moment).

-Riskable
http://www.riskable.com

Jman
Tue, 03-23-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by: Riskable

You know those bone fragments in Lee's spine? All the medical ninjas kept saying, "You can't be a ninja in your current condition" blah blah... What does that have to do with a messed up hand and limping on one leg?

It's probably more likely that those bone fragments in Lee's spine were what was preventing him from doing Ninjitsu/Genjitsu before. It's just his fight with Gaara drew attention to it when the medical examiners had a look. Opening gates of chakra doesn't necessarily create random bone fragments throughout your spine. It could've been a remnant from his childhood or something (and we all know how this manga loves to revert back to childhood scenes).

Tsunand probably fixed Lee's spine and gave him a newfound ability to release/control chakra like never before. It goes back to the whole arm/leg weights thing. Since they were holding him back before, taking them off makes him super strong/fast. Think of the same thing except for chakra. It reminds me of the 5-finger seal Ochihomaru placed on Naruto that made it difficult for him to control his chakra--a reoccurring theme in the series.

As for where Sasuke decided to bound off to, I have no idea. He probably thinks that with his newfound 10x chakra ability he can kill Ochihomaru to test his strength. However, it's more likely than not that Sasuke and Naruto will end up facing off against Kabuto and Ochihomaru together than having the pair fight eachother again.

To add further speculation, in the middle/after the fight with Kabuto/Ochihomaru Gai and Kakashi will show up as well as Itachi/Sword-wielding guy (whose name escapes me at the moment).

Umm I would think that the bone fragments were caused by the crushing effect that Gaara's sand coffin had on Lee.
Keep in mind that The Desert Coffin technique does now necessarily need the sand to cover the opponents entire body, as seen with Lee, where Gaara crushed only his arm and leg together.

Also opening the gates does put a lot of stress on the body and used with lee's renge, that was a recipe for disaster.

Goobermeister
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by: animemaster

Originally posted by: Riskable

Umm I would think that the bone fragments were caused by the crushing effect that Gaara's sand coffin had on Lee.
Keep in mind that The Desert Coffin technique does now necessarily need the sand to cover the opponents entire body, as seen with Lee, where Gaara crushed only his arm and leg together.

Also opening the gates does put a lot of stress on the body and used with lee's renge, that was a recipe for disaster.
i agree with animemaster that the bone fragments were caused from gaara's thrashing of lee( there was a lot of lee being slammed into walls as i recall) and also the renge. and i also dont think lee has had surgeory or recovered fully. i think he is doing the exact same thing as kimimaro(sp?) fighting purely on will. i mean the kid was standing after he had been ko'd just to uphold his "way of the ninja" for crying outloud!!! anyway i think they're prob gonna end up killing each other. and naruto and sasuke WILL fight each other. and i think aruto will whip sasuke's a$$!!
also i think lee left the leaf solo. either that or sakura is with him...(damn these love triangles !!!)

another thing i forgot about was the fact that kiba said "they're coming"... at first i thought he was talking about sakon and ukon(sp?) but after reading a few posts elsewhere i kinda think he was refering to chouji and neji. hopefully. and you may think its not really plausible cause it look s liek he ran away from them into the river, but instead of running away what if he left to lose sakon and ukon to meet up with his teammates??? just something to mull over for a while....

sangai
Wed, 03-24-2004, 12:49 PM
LEARN HOW TO USE YOU EDIT BUTTON

instead of a triple post

you see that thing in the bottom right hand corner of you post click that to add more in

so back to topic

if lee and kimimaru fight i think that kimimaru will transform quickly cause now he is at the disadvantage because he no longer posses's sasuke and naruto is going after him, kimimaru will want to finish this quickly, i wonder what his cursed lvl 2 seal looks like , as for sasuke's i want to see what his face looks like (probably gots devil horns or one big one right in the middle of his head)

the thing is there's no way in hell lee is alone especially after he just recoverd it would be intresting to see that wow lee can use nin and genjutsu, but there one problem HE DOESN'T KNOW ANY. so he would still be at a disadvantage.

the upcoming fights should be really good and i can't wait to read 210 im dying to see what happens .

Harageki
Wed, 03-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Yeah, looks like its gonna rock..they better not waste time in it tho.

If Lee`s learnt ninjutsu/genjutsu..that sucks. Being pure taijutsu is his trademark; its part of what makes him rock so much. Also, if he now knows genjutsu/ninjutsu, what will happen to the `struggling` Lee? we`ll get someone new.

Xceleration
Wed, 03-24-2004, 08:51 PM
The reason why Kimimaro would say Lee is good is because he specializes in taijuutsu. To everyone there is a certain weakness, and for Kimimaro it might be speed/taijuutsu. Naruto is slow, and not that smart, all he has is raw chakra stamina and power. Just because Naruto can't touch Kimimaro, doesn't mean Lee can't. Just like if Naruto fought against the Sound 4 Neji fought(forgot his name) he woulda died from one arrow shot. Naruto doesn't have the skills to beat him, even if his raw power is alot stronger then Neji. Lee's fight with Kimimaro isn't decided yet, maybe Lee might win. Lee's speed &gt; Naruto, Lee's Taijuutsu &gt; Naruto, and kyuubis chakra can only speed up naruto so much. Naruto Chakra &gt; Lee's. Speed/Taijuutsu maybe Kimimaro's weakness, so don't think just because Naruto can't touch him, Lee's lost for sure. Just my 2 cents.

Toruxxx
Wed, 03-24-2004, 09:14 PM
thats pretty good point Xcel we will av to wait and see ^_^ but ur theory sounds pretty good

Assertn
Wed, 03-24-2004, 10:30 PM
third of all, this isn't YYH or something, have you ever seen anyone in Naruto pull a 'my new move wins' stunt? the only time i can recall is during the FIRST chapter, where naruto won thanks to his shadow clones, but since then, no new move alone won a battle...

what about the naruto combo on kiba? or the shadow leaf dance + lion combo that sasuke used on yoroi? Both of those were never-before used moves

anyway.....what surprises me is how nobody ever thinks of ANKO! she hasnt been around ever since the conversation she had with the 3rd, and i think it would be really cool to see her bust out her cursed seal against a sound nin with cursed seal. Even though she wouldnt seem like the kinda person who would willingly use that power, i'm sure her purpose in the series is still yet to appear, and i wouldnt be surprised if when that time came, she would resort to using the power of the seal.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 03-24-2004, 10:47 PM
A while ago, I made a comment that this all boy action was getting boring.
I do think we need to see more of the Konoha women in action. Oro told Anko she was no good, but that was obviously BS, since he chose her as his student. Meanwhile, I found a Japanese place that sells that stuff she likes...guess it will have to do for now...i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Kumiriko
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Wasnt that one body of oro's a girl?

Haku no Fuyu
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Yes. Yes it was. That's what makes Orochimaru-dono so creepy and cool.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Shino is the one who's bukimi to kakkoi (creepy and cool)... LOL

Haku no Fuyu
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Neji, use "mo" instead of "to". "to" is used as "or".

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 03-25-2004, 12:07 AM
Thanks so much, Haku-sama...
Now the secret is out, all the Japanese I know comes from anime i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
The first word I ever learned was modore, with the other Haku, from Spirited Away...and that, because I watched it like a hundred times...

Haku no Fuyu
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:24 AM
Welcome ^.^

xtort
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:42 AM
Personally, I think Sakura is going to have a speaking role in the forthcoming issue. Let me see if I can forecast things...

- Sasuke is going to whoop up on Naruto because Naruto will not be expecting an attack.
- Naruto will ask him what's up.
- Sasuke will tell him that BLAH BLAH I'M AN AVENGER.
- Sakura will come onto the scene in a blaze of fury screaming her brazen soliloqui: "SASUKE-KUUUUNNNNNN!!!"

-el fin-

Any buyers?

-xtortout

Haku no Fuyu
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:20 AM
Um..isn't a Soliloqui an internal dialouge?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 03-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Yes, it is... but considering that, no matter how many times or how loud she says that and Saske couldn't be deafer to it, I think it can be called that. Soliloquy is basically talking to oneself, no matter if you're talking out loud (like those people with cellphonesi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif) to yourself, or if you're only thinking.
I'd also quallify it as a monotonous soliloquy...since it's not exactly creative.
Ok, second definition... a dramatic monologue that gives the illusion of being a series of unspoken reflections that Hamlet thing to be or not to be... Wow, Sakura at the same level than Hamlet...and you people dare to say she is useless.

xtort
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Yes, it is... but considering that, no matter how many times or how loud she says that and Saske couldn't be deafer to it, I think it can be called that. Soliloquy is basically talking to oneself, no matter if you're talking out loud (like those people with cellphonesi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif) to yourself, or if you're only thinking.
I'd also quallify it as a monotonous soliloquy...since it's not exactly creative.
Ok, second definition... a dramatic monologue that gives the illusion of being a series of unspoken reflections that Hamlet thing to be or not to be... Wow, Sakura at the same level than Hamlet...and you people dare to say she is useless.

Wow, people actually dissecting the verbage of my posts.

The reason I chose the word "soliloqui" [sic] is that a soliloquy is rarely heard (if ever) by anyone actually IN the play, just by the members of the audience. I have yet to see anyone say "damn, dat bitch be loooud!" or some appropriate analogue in Japanese. Nor has her yelling stopped anyone's actions, or prompted anyone's actions. It's kinda like she's completely divorced from the series alltogether, being drawn into the pages after the fact. The only people that see her, with any real constancy, are Kakashi and Ino. Ino is another character that gets under my skin but.... another discussion for another day.

Really, I enjoyed these past two issues tremendously. TRE MEN DOUS LEE. MUAHHAHA

-xtortout

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 03-25-2004, 03:59 PM
Wow, people actually dissecting the verbage of my posts.
Just wanted to emphasize how appropriate your usage of the word was.
Truly, your soliloquy couldn't be closer to the truth... I am yet to read a better definition of Sakura's role in the series...
Her menacing words towards Orochimaru-dono couldn't be a better example of that, IMO.
And if I may, let me add that Hinata is transforming her soliloquies into dialogues. Ok, not that Naruto actually *understood* what she say, but at least, he listened to it. And, she didn't have to be loud at all...

sangai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Sakura's role in the series...

one word comes to mind

NAG

Xceleration
Thu, 03-25-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by: sangai sakusei

Sakura's role in the series...

one word comes to mind

NAG

I second that

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:10 AM
OMG Rocl lee is back, hes going to fukin own kimimaro but man naruto was useless againts him he got his ass owned even though when all fo his clones were in kyubi mode, man i hope now that lee is tyhere he can go chase sasuke and kik his ass just for the hell of it and for making sakura cry

Jman
Sat, 03-27-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by: Uzumaki Naruto
OMG Rocl lee is back, hes going to fukin own kimimaro but man naruto was useless againts him he got his ass owned even though when all fo his clones were in kyubi mode, man i hope now that lee is tyhere he can go chase sasuke and kik his ass just for the hell of it and for making sakura cry

Yes Lee's back but I wouldn't go as far as saying he'd own kimi. He's strong, I give him credit for that but there's a reason that Oro sent Kimi out there to handle the situation. Kimi's no pushover. Secondly Naruto didn't get owned.

Anyhow I doubt that Lee would be able to beat Kimi, then chase after Sasuke, catch up to him and hand him his ass. The fight's gonna be between Naruto and Sasuke...they've got a score to settle, but even more so it's Naruto's mission to bring him back. It does seem inevitable that they fight but Sasuke may slip away. Just my thoughts though.