PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Rurouni Kenshin

silverwingz
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:00 PM
does any1 know where i can get the scanz for rurouni kenshin becuz i'm missing a few volumes and chapters

itachi_
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:11 PM
On mIRC or DC++

silverwingz
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:33 PM
any site or BT links becuz i dunno how to use Mirc and i dunno what is D++

itachi_
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:34 PM
There is no BT torrents for 'em, you can find a few chapters on direct downloads, but just a few...

haha don't know what dc++ is? geez

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:34 PM
If you download DC++ it will come to you as easy as.... well as easy as easy can get....

silverwingz
Sat, 03-20-2004, 02:08 AM
can some1 link me to some direct sites and also a link to get d++ please

northPIG87
Mon, 03-22-2004, 11:24 PM
i want the link too.......btw.....for Mirc, what server has the most manga channel? or do u just look blindly through all those servers????

sangai
Tue, 03-23-2004, 02:52 PM
if you use dc++ and connect to the elite hub there should be someone in there with it

L8r
Tue, 03-23-2004, 03:03 PM
www.suprnova.org has it
go to comics

chaos4ever4
Sat, 03-27-2004, 04:03 PM
actually, i got my rurouni kenshin scans from BT. suprnova? don't remember since it was a couple of weeks ago.

just wondering, though, how many volumes was the manga?

lasaire
Sat, 03-27-2004, 04:12 PM
28 volumes plus a color special at the end.

DC++ is something every anime otaku should have, its the best way to find anime that's too old to be on bittorrent. Go to www.downloads.com and get it. No excuses.

Tenkei
Sat, 03-27-2004, 04:46 PM
http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/ -- the DC++ Homepage. Simply download and install the program - search for a hub containing something like "Anime", "Manga", etc. -- and hop on in. (By the way: Hubs are like rooms, where you can share files with other people in the rooms).

Also: Remember to share your files. A lot of the "hubs" have minimum size limits. Good hubs with a lot of people will require you to share a certain amount of files.

Good luck finding what you're looking for! ^^

chaos4ever4
Sun, 03-28-2004, 10:28 PM
ah, good, then that means i have the whole series. thanks.

EinReB23
Wed, 05-10-2006, 10:59 AM
I suddenly became interested in this manga because of the notorious "Jinchu Arc controversy" ... <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_X#Jinchu_Arc_controversy>

So yeah.. if you know any links that would be great.. :)

Marik
Mon, 12-26-2011, 07:31 AM
Manga creator Nobuhiro Watsuki will be resuming his Rurouni Kenshin series for a brief run starting in the June issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine, which will ship on May 2, 2012. The magazine's advertising describes the samurai manga's return as a "reboot," although the magazine may not be using the term with the English denotation in mind. More details will be in upcoming issues of Jump Square.

In the meantime, Watsuki is putting his current manga series, Embalming - The Another Tale of Frankenstein, on hiatus as of the March issue of Jump Square magazine, which will ship in February. Embalming will return in the fall. This manga has been running in Jump Square since its inaugural issue in 2007.

Keishi Ōtomo's live-action Rurouni Kenshin film will open in Japan on August 25, 2012. The first half of the new Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyoto-Hen anime project just opened in two theaters last week, and the second half is slated to be completed next summer. Viz Media publishes the manga in North America.

Rurouni Kenshin Manga Series to Return in Japan in May (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-26/rurouni-kenshin-manga-series-to-return-in-japan-in-may)

rockmanj
Mon, 12-26-2011, 05:01 PM
This looks interesting. Kenshin was one of my favorite series.

Archangel
Mon, 12-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Oro? Interesting indeed, looking forward to it.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 12-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Curious, I wonder if Watsuki's planning on using his redesigns in the Kanzenban inserts.

New Kaoru:

bagandscalpel
Mon, 05-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Rurouni Kenshin: Kinema Ban (http://www.mangacanyon.com/manga/rkkb/001/rkkb_001001.html)

First chapter of the Ruroken prologue retelling, which reads a LOT like the two other prototype chapters Watsuki's done for the series. And, turns out my previous post was partly right in that he's using the Kanzenban character redesigns.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-14-2012, 06:36 PM
I read it, and it was just okay. Let's face it, as much as I love RK (and I love it lots as seen from my handle name), it has aged a lot. This version made it even more generic by changing up a lot of stuff to make it more palatable to the current shounen audience.

Still, I love seeing Kenshin and Kaoru again, so even if my review based on my objectivity is quite negative, I actually welcome this reboot.

Kraco
Tue, 05-15-2012, 03:32 AM
It seems like he decided to write a pure fighting manga based on Kenshin, dropping most of the period and other story stuff. This looks incredibly simplistic, and it's not like the old Kenshin would have won any awards for an innovative story in the first place. But then again, what good would it do to write the same story for a second time? The only drawback here is that new people will think this is all there is to Kenshin.

At least the art was pretty. Kaoru especially looks more mature and beautiful.