PDA

View Full Version : This ugly and beautiful world

Neko Sniper
Fri, 03-19-2004, 01:56 PM
Say, you guys maaaaaaaybe gonna sub that one? Would be cool i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:18 PM
There's a preview going around released by anime-keep and anime-empire... they'll probably do it... don't know about aone though

Munsu
Tue, 04-06-2004, 02:16 AM
I think aone is also doing this if im not mistaken... but a-keep just released episode 1 for those of you who are impatient

dormcat
Tue, 04-06-2004, 02:24 AM
AonE has the promotion here (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE-Onigiri]_Kono_Minikukumo_Utsukushii_Sekai_Promo_[91545384].avi.torrent), but I don't see any seed around; could be the result of recent change of port from 6969 to 6968.

BTW, for those who don't know yet: KonoMini is designed, produced, and performed by the same group of people of Mahoromatic. The most unbelievable thing for me is that every seiyuu in KonoMini (except the male lead by Takahiro Mizushima, who's not among the cast of Mahoromatic) plays their "respective" character in Mahoromatic. Even the two boys and three girls (Triomatic), who are always hanging around the leads, are the same. I can't say whether this is good or bad, but this indeed save GAINAX a lot of efforts. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Tue, 04-06-2004, 02:43 AM
I just watched a-keep's version... it looks very promising... i liked it alot

Lego
Tue, 04-06-2004, 02:57 AM
Im holding out for AonE's version

Munsu
Tue, 04-06-2004, 03:27 AM
well if you dont really want to wait... their version i found it to be very good... but i deleted it and wait for aone for archive purposes

Lego
Tue, 04-06-2004, 03:29 AM
I think i will check their version out just to get a feel for the series. I used to do this with GITS SAC, if Kraze's came out first, would get theirs, then swap it with Aone's version.

Most of the time i like to get a compelte series from one group.

I find sometimes ill start watching it from one group, like the font, translation, or even font color better, and end up staying with that group.

Munsu
Tue, 04-06-2004, 03:33 AM
well I really liked their font... and as you said... I just wanted to get a feel for the series... I wasnt dissapointed...

Neko Sniper
Tue, 04-06-2004, 06:32 AM
Well, I personally don't mind changing groups..though I try to stay with the good ones like AonE, A-Keep, Ani-Kraze, Triad. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif These are my favourites on Anime.

Neko Sniper
Tue, 04-06-2004, 10:51 AM
just watched the first episode. I must say that Hikari's very cute and heh...scary too. But not gonna tell what happens, else you guys might beat me ^^; All I can say is that I like it and that I'm curious on how the story continues... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:23 PM
Neko refrain yourself from details (at least i think you should) and dont double post...

Neko Sniper
Tue, 04-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Uhm excuse me but there are 4!! hours between my posts and the posts are about two different things like the first one pf them is about the sub-groups I like to watch and the second is about the episode. It gives not much info about what happens in there but my own opinion about it. So no double posting here, ok.

Munsu
Tue, 04-06-2004, 11:00 PM
4 hours is too short of a time... i think that the only reasonable moment to double post is when a thread is beyond the first page....

The reason I told you about the detail thing is because aone has not released it yet and i think that you should wait for their release before talking about Hikari since it was a surprised for me how the story progressed and i dont want to ruin it for anybody that hasn't seen it yet...

Neko Sniper
Tue, 04-06-2004, 11:32 PM
Hmmm..I didn't know about the fact that you're only allowed to post one time a day on a site in this forum and all I said about Hikari is that she's cute and scary like what you could have already seen in the trailer which AonE did release as well. But lets not start to argue in here and instead enjoy the show. ^_^

complich8
Wed, 04-07-2004, 02:20 AM
children children .... no fighting now! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I'm gonna side with Neko on this one ... especially since budweineken was also double-posting, in this very thread! Talk about pot~kettle here ...

Generally it's not good forum etiquette to double post, this is true. But there are exceptions. For example posting replies to several people's questions (if 4 people ask 4 different questions in the same thread, and you're answering all 4 of them separately and specifically, it's justifiable to quad-post). With a certain amount of time passing, it's also fine. How much time that is is a bit hard to determine, but I'd say less than an hour is probably not acceptable -- you should probably just edit your old post. 1-8 hours is a borderline case (depending how active the board is). I'd say on a forum with the activity levels of this one, 3-6 hours between double posts is probably acceptable, as people might have already seen the thread and might not know that new info has been generated), and if the thread has been effectively dead for more than 8 hours and you've got new relevant info to post, by all means. The only time double-posting is really bad is when it doesn't bring new information into the thread... for example if you follow up your first post in a thread with a "lol" or something.

We do want to keep this a friendly and open discussion forum, and also somewhat aone-related. It's hard to draw a line between "general info" and "early stage spoilers". Saying "Hikari is cute, and the story is interesting" definitely doesn't cross the spoiler line IMO. You'd almost have to expect a character named "Hikari" to be either cute or badass (or both) by virtue of the name alone.

So, like neko said, stop the hatin' both of ya! jeesh. Else I'm gonna have to start ripping on poor innocent Lego, and I don't wanna have to do that i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Munsu
Wed, 04-07-2004, 02:33 AM
Hehehe... no problems here... it's true I double posted since this thread was already in the third page... but whatever i really didnt care about that i just didnt want to spoil yet that Hikari might have two sides to her because it surprised me and i wanted others to be surprised also....

But hey... me personally i dont even care.... so i have nothing against Neko... so when i say something dont take it personally because i'm the most easy going guy you'll meet...

and complich8 since you said so.... it most be done so no problems here....

Come Neko... i'll buy you Budweiser

Neko Sniper
Wed, 04-07-2004, 06:22 AM
hehe..sorry for causing so much trouble with that post. I'll try to be more careful next time *nods*

Oh and thanks for the offer. I like drinking beer i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

*waits impatently to see episode 2*

r3n
Wed, 04-07-2004, 07:34 AM
if u wanna add something to the thread but no1 has posted on it since u last posted, be it 4 hours or a day, jst edit ur last post and put *edit* tags in or something. double posting jst makes the forum messy

Munsu
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Well Aone-Onigiri made their release... so those guys that where waiting for their release go and get it... i'm downloading it at the moment

XwingRob
Thu, 04-08-2004, 04:25 AM
Good first episode.
Did Hikari ate the alien thingy though???

Neko Sniper
Thu, 04-08-2004, 06:22 AM
you'll prolly see what happened to it in a later episode. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Xollence
Thu, 04-08-2004, 01:13 PM
A very good anime, I like the story so far. It kind of caught me by surprise because I thought it was just going to be like a romance anime.

FriedBunny
Thu, 04-08-2004, 01:56 PM
The first episode seemed to have the requisite strangeness, but still was rather plain. I'm a huge fan of just about every series Gainax has ever put out, we'll see if this one improves.

I'm also vaguely curious as to why their '20th Anniversary Production' is apparently an ecchi piece, considering that it would hardly be representative of body of work. Maybe the Mahoromatic team is just a bit too perverse for my tastes...

... but then again, after only a single episode I don't think I have any room to bitch.

chaos4ever4
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:44 PM
It's just the first episode, but seeing the preview to the second episode, I just hope the main storyline doesn't take a backseat to a schoolkid-genre plot. Gainax has set up an interesting start. I hope it doesn't fizzle.

Koyuki
Fri, 04-09-2004, 06:09 AM
Really good first episode. When does it air?

Munsu
Mon, 04-12-2004, 04:06 PM
episode 2 is out... get it here:

Episode 2 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE-Onigiri]_Kono_Minikukumo_Utsukushii_Sekai_02_[350B1C79].avi.torrent)

Neko Sniper
Mon, 04-12-2004, 05:14 PM
lasr status says 12 seeds and 888 leechers, too many for my taste. I'll wait a bit, maybe I'll try getting it tomorrow i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Mon, 04-12-2004, 05:15 PM
just get it from the bots in irc... i got it in three minutes

here's the bot listing just in case

http://tinyurl.com/2cct9

Neko Sniper
Mon, 04-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Sorry but I have no idea how IRC works. >.> never used it.

Koyuki
Tue, 04-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Interesting end. More chicks from space i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Neko Sniper
Tue, 04-13-2004, 09:52 AM
lol..the way they talk about how Aliens are looking is fun and hehe..did you notice that the last of the outfits shown as Mari's is a Mahoro maid girl uniform? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

FriedBunny
Tue, 04-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Very disappointed after episode 2, seems even more like a Mahoro-rehash... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Elessar
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by: Neko Sniper
lol..the way they talk about how Aliens are looking is fun and hehe..did you notice that the last of the outfits shown as Mari's is a Mahoro maid girl uniform? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

And aliens should be teachers that love students who eat junk food.... Onegai Teacher anyone??

Neko Sniper
Tue, 04-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Cool series. I've watched all 12 episodes and the OVA. No matter how many ppl keep telling me its bad, I liked it . Heh..but guess this belongs to another topic ^^ gomen

dormcat
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Man, I can only recognize the first one is Dejiko's and the last is Mahoro's. Can anyone tell who's clothings are those in between?

Koyuki
Mon, 04-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Yeay. Episode 3 is out.

Grab it in the torrent section or click here (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE-Onigiri]_Kono_Minikukumo_Utsukushii_Sekai_03_[BBA749E9].avi.torrent)

Munsu
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Episode 4 has been out for a couple of hours now... go get it

Neko Sniper
Thu, 05-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Just watched epi 5 and if Hikari likes she can come to my school at anytime she likes i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

michiru347
Fri, 05-07-2004, 01:40 PM
So I'm also very much intrigued by this series. I didn't notice the mahoromatic costume in episode whatever that was, I'll have to go back and look. Also I've never seen mahoromatic... so I wouldn't notice a reference anyway... but its still cool that you guys noticed that!
And I know I'm going to get my head chomped off by asking this, but because I'm a masochistic little soul, I'll go right ahead. Is this series being aired in Japan right now? (cause if it is that's cool... i like to think that I'm watching something that is not a decade old...). Also, how often does it air in Japan. And no I'm not making a snide comment about how fast the fansubs come out, I'm genuinely curious as to how often it airs in Japan. Is it like ROD TV? Two episodes every two weeks? Or is it one episode a week, like a regular sitcom here in the USA.

Neko Sniper
Sat, 05-08-2004, 03:29 AM
For as far as I know it's one episode per week, airing on every thursday. Not really sure though.

SK
Sat, 05-08-2004, 08:08 AM
just watched the first and second eps, very interesting, but im just wondering why did Takeru leave the room when Hikaru tried to get close to him, come on now lets be realistic i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
EDIT:Can anyone seed ep 3, im downloading at 1kb/sec right now whcih really sucks i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Bloodhybrid
Sat, 05-08-2004, 05:59 PM
im still tryin to find the music...

any1 know a good site that provide anime songs?

SK
Mon, 05-10-2004, 05:12 PM
that girl with the green hair has problems, trying to get with her cousin...thats not right. is that acceptable in japan?

Munsu
Tue, 05-11-2004, 02:50 PM
I doubt it is... but there are so many animes that revolve around the issue that leads me to believe that it might be

Neko Sniper
Wed, 05-12-2004, 08:12 AM
I would call epi 6 a fanservice episode somehow. Lotsa nudity. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

SK
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:27 PM
that was a beautiful ep

Aeon
Wed, 05-12-2004, 05:00 PM
I just started watching this show and gotta say that fan service is good in all but I'm more interested in seeing the Takeru transform into the devil guy again. I also wanna see if Ryou can transform since his hand's turned blue.

michiru347
Wed, 05-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Admittedly, I too am interested in seeing if/when the boys do their transformations again. But I'm really really interested in the development of Hikari's character, there were a couple pretty disturbing insinuations in episode one that were repeated in episode five. I really want to know if Hikari is a split personality or maybe has a demon inside of her. Sounds far fetched, but she keeps doing these very odd things where she "gets that look in her eyes" and then something monstrous happens. And with that said, will Akari have similar problems? Both of them seem too sweet to be true. And with the development of the series, I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong on all counts! I kind of want Hikari and Akari to be cute, sweet star-children with no weird split-personality traits. What do you all think?

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Supposedly, and according to the previews, Takeru will transform again in eps 7.

Based on the intro to the first eps where she says all that stuff about mass extinction, I've thought that Hikari was the destroyer of species. This seems to be backed up by Takeru's transformed shape (the whole brutality thing) and that she completely obliterated that monster. Not to mention the creppy things she says when she gets all 'evil.' If they are like sisters, then Akari must be the creator of new species after everything is all dead. This because of the weird species she had around her in her introductory eps, the bettle (not the stag bettle) and the flowers. Unless they are all normal things, then I'm wrong. Creation of new species always follows mass-extinction anyway, so I'd say that's where the 'sister' thing ties in.

Look at the servants they have too. Akari has Kuon, whatever it is. And Hikari's (Ionious?) is this huge robot-looking thing that can destroy buildings.

Neko Sniper
Mon, 05-17-2004, 06:26 AM
Grab episode 7 off the torrent section i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

or get it here! (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE-Onigiri]_Kono_Minikukumo_Utsukushii_Sekai_07_[9A7A42E5].avi.torrent)

ryan92084
Mon, 05-17-2004, 08:19 AM
good stuff

SK
Mon, 05-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Grab episode 7 off the torrent section i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

or get it here! (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE-Onigiri]_Kono_Minikukumo_Utsukushii_Sekai_07_[9A7A42E5].avi.torrent)

downloading now, ty

Ryllharu
Mon, 05-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Great eps

Aeon
Mon, 05-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Getting as we speak. Can't wait to see the devil guy again.

SK
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:48 PM
my favorite ep so far. i guess takeru and his girl are more of the conquerer type and ryou and his are the peaceful people. mari needs to stop being jealous, thats her cousin after all, just not right...

chaos4ever
Tue, 05-18-2004, 08:57 PM
anyone know how long this series will run for?

Neko Sniper
Thu, 05-20-2004, 10:30 AM
A-keep says 12 episodes so prolly only 5 more to go. But A-keep also said Chrno Crusade had only 13 episodes..oh well ^^;

Munsu
Thu, 05-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Can't blame them for their call on CC because if you went to anidb and other sites at that time, they would have said that it was 13 episodes...

ScudBoy
Sun, 05-23-2004, 04:38 AM
Great series- really love the pacing of the story- they are not rushing the storyline, giving the characters a chance grow & actually relate to each other, unlike some other anime's that the only way the story moves along is during the fight scenes(which is not neccsrly a bad thing). This reminds more of Eva than Mahoro though, but way more upbeat.

kuon
Tue, 05-25-2004, 02:11 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows the status of AonE/Onigiri's subbed version of Episode 8. It should be out by now, right? To make things worse, Anime-Keep hasn't even released 7 yet so I can't fall back on them for getting the episode out first. Well, does anyone have connections with AE staff or know of any other good groups that do KonoMini? Thanks a bunch.

Lefty
Tue, 05-25-2004, 02:31 AM
AK has been dropping the ball lately, but AnoE/Oni's shold be out by friday at the latest, hopefully. Don't worry. Breath.

Neko Sniper
Tue, 05-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Episode 8 is out!! Grab it rrrrrrright away here! (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE-Onigiri]_Kono_Minikukumo_Utsukushii_Sekai_08_[4D7A477C].avi.torrent)

SK
Tue, 05-25-2004, 06:55 PM
nice downloading now i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Washuu-chan
Tue, 05-25-2004, 09:30 PM
I love how this series gets nice and twisted along with its total other side, they stick to the name of it perfectly i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Alot of people get strayed about from series by first episodes, but you know its just going to get better!

Neko Sniper
Wed, 05-26-2004, 10:28 PM
poor Hikari-chan i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif was a pretty sad episode... but even though a very good one again i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

stallionslayer
Thu, 05-27-2004, 02:42 AM
Well it looks like something's gonna happen!
That episode was indeed sad, hm...still funny though i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Arcn3ss
Thu, 05-27-2004, 12:12 PM
I love this series...

This ugly and beautiful world, thats a great title. Showing the true nature of the world.

Anyone know how many episodes planned?

I have my guesses at 13 or 26...

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-27-2004, 01:53 PM
I heard somewhere that its only 12 eps, but it'll probably be something like Mahoro, where it ended up to be 26 eps by second season.

I'm glad that the similarities between it and Mahoro are (hopefully) gone for good.

Washuu-chan
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:13 AM
Heh, Well so far so good, so I can't complain!

Aeon
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:36 AM
The one bad thing about ep8 is that it kinda destroyed my view on the word Akatsuki. After watching Naruto you hear about Akatsuki being a super elite group and then watching this and seeing it's the name of a shopping centeri/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

cf_
Thu, 06-03-2004, 07:13 AM
where is the episode 9 ? =[

Neko Sniper
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:07 PM
it's exam time, means alot of ppl are busy with school and stuff. Just try to be patient i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

stallionslayer
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:55 AM
Well, for all us fans, downloadanime.org has posted the torrent for the soundtrack i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Well, ep 9 will be out soon I hope!

Koyuki
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Well here it is. Enjoy, Episode 9 (http://anime.mircx.com/download/44485033bbd545d2c32ad48087808c3d40818e37)

Neko Sniper
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:14 PM
*nods and zoooooooooooooooooooooms over to start downloading it* Thank you guys!!!!!!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Aeon
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Great timing, I had nothing else to watch today, thanks for the link.

stallionslayer
Sun, 06-06-2004, 09:15 PM
wooohooo!!! thank you Aone and Onigiri, now I can see Hikari and Akari again i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

...and yeah, all the other characters too i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Aeon
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Just watched the ep, enjoyed not having to see or hear Hikari much this ep.

hikaru004
Mon, 06-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Do you think its licensed but not announced?
I saw Geneon Entertainment in the opening credits?

stallionslayer
Mon, 06-07-2004, 06:18 PM
I believe the raws come straight from Japanese TV and if a series is licensed...they do all sorts of funny stuff to the opening credits (not to mention the dubbing) and then show it on US TV in English...

I hope that's the correct process, correct me if I'm wrong...

So that's why we know it isn't licensed, not sure about Geneon Entertainment though

Besides, if it were licensed then www.animesuki.com wouldn't list it amongst its torrents so i guess that shows it's not licensed i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Neko Sniper
Mon, 06-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Don't worry guys. This is a Gainax show which means they're getting licensed after the show was shown on jap tv. Was the same with Mahoromatic if I remember right i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

tensai
Tue, 06-08-2004, 02:36 AM
i was interested in the series, but now i dont have time to watch
ive downloaded all the epes so far, but ive only watched until 5
anyways, does anyone know what the opening song is called?

Aeon
Tue, 06-08-2004, 02:48 AM
It's called Metamorphose by Takahashi Yoko, I like a theme also.

Neko Sniper
Tue, 06-08-2004, 05:27 PM
AonE just released episode 10. Hey you guys seem to really wanna flood us with your cool stuff huh? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Aeon
Tue, 06-08-2004, 11:07 PM
And the plot twist that Takaru wasn't really Hikari bodyguard was unexpected. The next episode should be a good one since the extermination sequance seems to have started.

Neko Sniper
Wed, 06-09-2004, 07:26 AM
Would you mind and stop telling me everything Aeon? I still haven't watched that episode yet <.<

Everon
Wed, 06-09-2004, 10:58 AM
This is a great anime. Any idea how long this anime will last? It seems like they're aiming at a 12/13 eps.

SPOILER ALERT FOR EP 10
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() ()()()()()
If takeru is actually an ED, then what does that
mean Ryou is an ED too? I wonder if Hiriki was
linked to a ED in the past extinctions as well.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aeon
Wed, 06-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Would you mind and stop telling me everything Aeon? I still haven't watched that episode yet
It was 6hrs after your post, and I'm allowed to discuss the latest episode in this topic.

Neko Sniper
Wed, 06-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Well, you could at least mark your posts with "Spoiler" or something. But oh well, lets not argue about a shitty post and go on watching the remaining episodes instead i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

stallionslayer
Fri, 06-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by: Everon
This is a great anime. Any idea how long this anime will last? It seems like they're aiming at a 12/13 eps.

Yeah I saw the number of eps on A-Keep's site, apparently it really is gonna be around there...

Hm...to me it seems like they're rushing things...I mean....(Spoilers Ahead)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPOILERS
First it was Takeru transforming, then we see him not transform for a few eps, everything is fun and funny and happy and stuff (maybe apart from Mari) and now...in like a few eps the story has turned into something dead serious with the whole thing about the ED and mass extinction in ep8 and the whole issue with Ryou and ep10 takes the cake with Hikari and that talk....
SPOILERS END
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope there's a second season and that the storyline doesn't close so suddenly...what'd you guys think???

cf_
Wed, 06-16-2004, 06:50 AM
What happened with episodes 9 and 10 ? i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Neko Sniper
Wed, 06-16-2004, 07:24 AM
I believe AonE will release a batch of 7-10 soon, that's why they took them down. Just wait and you'll see. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

cf_
Wed, 06-16-2004, 09:33 AM
That's ok
I already found =]

Everon
Wed, 06-16-2004, 12:11 PM
11 is out. Thank the stars that are aone and origiri....

hopeknight
Thu, 06-17-2004, 02:43 AM
Only one more episode... well we can hope for specials or maybe even a second season or something to be released in the future.

This anime is great, not quite as good as Mahoromatic, but still, really REALLY good. Although, the use of the same production team and voice actors was enough to hook me in. I just love Mahoro and Hikari's voices. Does anyone know the name of the voice actress? I want to look into other animes she may have done.

cf_
Fri, 06-18-2004, 07:47 AM
Hikari - Kawasumi Ayako
Mahoro - ?

hopeknight
Fri, 06-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by: cf_
Hikari - Kawasumi Ayako
Mahoro - ?

Thanks, actually they have the same voice actress. I just didn't know her name. Most of the voice cast from Mahoromatic are doing the voices in This Ugly and Beautiful World.

EDIT - Wow, I just checked into what other animes she's voiced in, and there sure are alot of them.

g0at
Fri, 06-18-2004, 10:40 PM
isnt the person who did hikari also doing the girl from samurai champloo?

hopeknight
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:06 PM
yes, yes she is.

Aeon
Tue, 06-22-2004, 07:28 PM
The final ep was just released by Aone, get it from the torrent page.

Everon
Tue, 06-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Dl as we speak!

hopeknight
Tue, 06-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Ah that was a beautiful ending. I was hoping there would be a second season like Mahoromatic, but that doesn't look like it will be the case.

kilzo
Tue, 06-22-2004, 10:41 PM
LoL i might see a romance tie in with the new people, but it may be alittle difficult with that type of ending.

But yeah, all in all that was a nice short little anime. Only real problems i had with it was that alot of things seemed to go real slow, and that there wasnt much of the takaru's ED (power) form. (BTW anyone have that little jazzish song they play when he changes? i'd like to have that song.)

Everon
Tue, 06-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Jazzish? Do you mean the song with the strumming bassline and guitar? Its called "Angry Guy" I think. Niponnsei has released an Op for Konimini, so you can go look for a bt or check out thier channel on rizon.

=================================
Pretty nice ending. But yeah, I don't think they would be able to make a 2nd anime, unless they did something Full metal Panic Fummofu, and just threw in some extra eps.

hopeknight
Wed, 06-23-2004, 02:37 AM
I downloaded the soundtrack for the series, Nipponsei released on www.downloadanime.org, you can also find it at http://nipponsei.levillage.org/

EDIT - Does anyone know of a good site for the show? I'm trying to track down a gallery and wallpapers but haven't had much luck so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Neko Sniper
Wed, 06-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Big THANKS to AonE that they released this show. I personally still haven't watched the last three episodes but I will do so over the next few days. Hope to see some more of this and if there ever will be a second season, I would really love to see it subbed by you guys again. Thanks again i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Aeon
Wed, 06-23-2004, 11:39 AM
Don't do that, we're family. Akiri was the only person in the show that had some sense.

hikaru004
Wed, 06-23-2004, 08:06 PM
I really loved this show. But, I don't think that its too hard to do another season

*****SPOILER ALERT******

Wasn't that a different looking butterfly in the ending sequence? Maybe it's related to them giving new life to planets. Prob a big stretch. Also, they got their clothes and bodies back in the end.

****SPOILER ALERT *******

Thanks AonE

stallionslayer
Thu, 06-24-2004, 01:28 AM
***Spoiler****Spoiler***

That butterfly at the end is the exact same as on the title...the half ugly half beautiful butterfly and I think it basically shows the return of Hikari and Akari...and rounds up the title...as this Ugly and Beautiful World, shown on the butterfly...Of course there are many ways of seeing it hehe

***End of Spoiler***

I thought the ending was pretty good! The part with Jennifer getting very involved in the action is a bit weird for a professor hehe, but oh well...it's over i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Bloodhybrid
Thu, 06-24-2004, 12:53 PM
the next task is to try and find that cool song that closes the whole anime
i like the tune to damn much i suppose

if any1's got either the full or tv version it would be much apreciated, i love my japanese music

hopeknight
Thu, 06-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by: Bloodhybrid
the next task is to try and find that cool song that closes the whole anime
i like the tune to damn much i suppose

if any1's got either the full or tv version it would be much apreciated, i love my japanese music

I don't believe it was on the first OST, although I'm sure another one will be released in the near future. The current OST only has the TV versions of the opening and ending themes.

Bloodhybrid
Thu, 06-24-2004, 04:29 PM
well i just hope its all out sharpish
im sick of rewinding my media player to play it lol

Neko Sniper
Thu, 06-24-2004, 04:48 PM
After finaly being able to watch the last episode I have to agree that there probably won't be a second season. The ending was a lil sad but after watching some other Gainax stuff, I was expecting it to be. Oh well... let's see what they are up to next and what new series we're about to get to see made by them. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Santah
Fri, 06-25-2004, 10:52 AM
A little sad? I must be a big softy... my eyes are all teary i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

hopeknight
Tue, 07-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Anyone know where I can download art or wallpapers from this series? I haven't been able to find any sites with image galleries for it yet. Any hellp would be appreciated.