Thu, 03-18-2004, 11:10 PM
uhhh, the real top animes are:

1. cowboy bebeop
2. gundam wing
3. naruto
4. full metal panic fumoffu
5. full metal panic
6. gto / gto live action
7. berserk (would've ranked #1 if it was top manga)
8-100. doesn't matter.

it should've really stopped at cowboy bebop being #1 and rest being...whatever.

Gods_Son
Fri, 03-19-2004, 12:13 AM
yeah, Bebop should be #1, and kimi ga nozomo eien which is #1 on there shouldn't even be on the countdown.

xTrunkZx
Fri, 03-19-2004, 12:50 AM
u guys have no real right to say what the "real" top 100 anime are... you can only say IYO because your opinions aren't the opinions of everyone else... i however thought cowboy bebop was very boring, i actually only saw a few eps the movie and the last 2 episodes.

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 03-19-2004, 01:55 AM
Actually, I find that list quite accurate. I haven't seen Kimi ga Nozomo eien yet, but the Kenshin OVAs were indeed top notch and Scrapped Princess is my favorite anime series of all time. Then again, that is, as TrunkZ pointed out, opinion. Still, don't bash what you don't know.

Assertn
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:04 AM
a "drama, romance, schoolkids" series made #1, huh? i tell ya despite all the cool stuff from japan, they still have weeeiird taste. I hear they have entire floors at some arcades devoted solely to Tokimeki memorial: a dating simulator. The arcade even has a pulse detector thingy to sense your emotion as you're picking up digital chicks.

Anyway, what always bugs me is....i cant see how so many people value cowboy bebop so highly. The animation and quality is really nice, thats for sure. But most of the episodes seem far too segmented and isolated to make me crave any of it. In japan it seems the stuff that sells best is the stuff that has many tightly connected episodes (i.e. DBZ, Naruto, One Piece), while here we prolly go back to our roots with the traditional "start and end a story in 25 min" routine.

Of course most of this is just my theory and all....but thats the way it seems from my perspective.

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:07 AM
The thing is, Cowboy Bebop is probably the most american style Anime. It has the violence and nifty factor of anime, but the episodic rather than sequential structure also makes it easy to simply watch if you're watching it on TV. That's probably what has made it so popular.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it; but it's not on my top 5.

Assertn
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:14 AM
well yeah, thats exactly what i mean. And it IS interesting but i just wouldnt get the same excitement as i would when something that's been building up for a bunch of episodes totally explodes into a really cool and possibly unpredictable result. Like the prelims in naruto for example. Here we've had 20 episodes to familiarize ourselves with ALL of the major genins in the exam, and then all of a sudden they throw this "half of all these characters that we know and love are going to lose the exam" thing, and not only that, but we dont know who's fighting who and what the outcome will be. I thought that was the coolest thing ever

Stoopider
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:39 AM
Rubbish!!. Utmost Rubbish!!

Anime Source top 100 (http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules.php?name=Reviews)

There is no top 100 anime. Its all based on your opinion. If not, I'll rate Hoshi No Koe as my number one anime. (Although It's only one episode.)

I think the worlds most watch anime is Pokemon.

AlbinoFury
Fri, 03-19-2004, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by: dazzz
uhhh, the real top animes are:

1. cowboy bebeop
2. gundam wing
3. naruto
4. full metal panic fumoffu
5. full metal panic
6. gto / gto live action
7. berserk (would've ranked #1 if it was top manga)
8-100. doesn't matter.

it should've really stopped at cowboy bebop being #1 and rest being...whatever.

gundam wing hahahaha. go watch gundam seed and you will want to hunt down all things gundam wing and burn them!

Stoopider
Fri, 03-19-2004, 07:38 AM
Gundam Seeds Gundams can sure kick Gundam Wing Gundams any Gundam day.

Until now, I still have no idea what the seeds are. Or why does Kira's crystals keep bursting?

Gods_Son
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by: xTrunkZx
u guys have no real right to say what the "real" top 100 anime are... you can only say IYO because your opinions aren't the opinions of everyone else... i however thought cowboy bebop was very boring, i actually only saw a few eps the movie and the last 2 episodes.

yea, bebop being the best could just be my opinion, but I still question how they formed that list of top 100 anime. Anyways, shouldn't this be in the General Anime or General Discussion section?

chaos4ever4
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Kenshin OVA1 was indeed amazing. KGNE certainly does not deserve #1, considering that it's a freaking soap opera

Banned!
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:46 PM
This is wat I think
1.Cowboy Bebop
2.Rurouni Kenshin(Samurai X)
3.Gundam Wing
4.Naruto
5.Ranma 1/2
6.Trigun
7.Hellsing
8.GTO(Great Teacher Onizuka)
Then I really don't care

The_Fourth
Sun, 03-21-2004, 01:25 PM
I heard that Gundam Seed was licensed, am I wrong? Anyways I think that the anime that is in #1 position shouldnt be there. I believe Rurouni Kenshin(OVA 1-4) should be in first place, but anyways thats just my opinion.

itachi_
Sun, 03-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Bwaha In the top it should be

1. Rurouni Kenshin OVA1 - Reminisence
2. Rurouni Kenshin - TV
3. Naruto
4. Gungrave
5. Neon Genesis Evangelion
6. Peace maker Kurogane
7. Berserk
8. Night Shift Nurses
9. Immoral Sisters
10. Moonlight Lady

i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

oni roh
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:09 PM
i thought gundam wing was #1

KazeNoKizu
Mon, 03-22-2004, 02:52 AM
That AnimeNfo top 100 anime is very inaccurate. I don't know how Naruto didnt even make the top 3. If you check out any bittorrent site with a tracker and see what the download numbers are for Naruto within the hour it is put out, you can see that it gets at least 1000 hits every new episode. If that does not call for a good anime then I dont know what is.

HimizujinEternia
Mon, 03-22-2004, 03:06 AM
AnimeNfo uses an average of reviews given to the site, not how popular it is. Obviously, there are more people who enjoyed Kimi, Kenshin and Scrapped Princess that have submitted reviews than those who did one for Naruto.

Please note that popularity != best. Fullmetal Alchemist gets alot of hits as well, and it's 25. Again, this list is just an average of opinions.

XwingRob
Mon, 03-22-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
Gundam Seeds Gundams can sure kick Gundam Wing Gundams any Gundam day.

Until now, I still have no idea what the seeds are. Or why does Kira's crystals keep bursting?

SEED is an acroynym. I can't remember waht it stands for. And those aren't crystals, they look like some sort of seeds.
Err...I guess SEED makes you unstoppable?

The_Fourth
Tue, 03-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Damn Evangelion is too hard to understand.

Aegeon
Thu, 03-25-2004, 12:27 AM
I would think Last Exile would be higher... 19 seems too far down, maybe I just liked it more than most people.

Assertn
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:00 AM
did you guys know about the live action eva movie that is being made here in the united states?

Raven
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:53 AM
I can't see how they could possibly make it without it being exactly like Power Rangers :S

Cliffcat
Fri, 03-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Where the hell is the Tenchi series on that chart? Thats it, I fail to believe that is the most comprehensive chart made. I do agree that Azumanga was in the top 10 though, cant say the same about Fruits Basket though, nice as it was and I did enjoy it, it's not great.

Assertn
Fri, 03-26-2004, 05:23 PM
isnt there an official top 10 in japan or something? i'd be curious to check that out

SaSuKeRuLeS
Mon, 03-29-2004, 06:04 PM
top 100 lists are stupid i like basically like all anime, i mean come on who really cares what anybody thinks unless ur a politician it doesnt matter in these days.

Mut
Mon, 03-29-2004, 06:12 PM
the gundams in wing are cooler than the ones in seed. end of discussion.